Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9160268 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5220) (5221) (5222) (5223) (5224) (5225) (5226) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
genius43:

Have you tried searching Dark mode from your settings? If it is not there maybe you will get it in subsequent updates.

Sir Pls, how do I go back to my default font. The ones I have been downloading are having effect on my eyes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2019
suco01:

Sir Pls, how do I go back to my default font. The ones I have been downloading are having effect on my eyes

Just go to your theme app and under your installed theme. Click default and reboot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yemi2plus(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2019
lambotee:

You need to disable driver signature on win 10 to be able to install requir drivers

To disable driver signature enforcement do the following:
1. Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and cli the Restart button.
2. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
3. When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of option Press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
4. Your computer will now restart and you’ll be able to install unsigned drivers.
Bear in mind that this method only temporarily disables driver signature enforcement, so be sure to install all the unsigned drivers as soon as you can.

Baba, na man you be oo. I don finally successfully flash the global rom.

Thanks so much.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
genius43:

Just go to your theme app and under your installed theme. Click default and reboot.

Boss chaii you are the best. Swift response like speed of light. Thanks and God will continue to bless you. Amen

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ddjay: 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
ddjay:
Pls who has used the xiaomi mi play, how good is the phone generally
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
suco01:

Boss chaii you are the best. Swift response like speed of light. Thanks and God will continue to bless you. Amen

Amen

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joohan: 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
macbeyland:

Yes. You can get it at isolo or a dispatch rider brings to your location at your cost though.

I'm around Palm Avenue.

Your number plz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
gsparks01:
I don't think so. You need unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery.

Alright. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
This thread sef, can someone not leave you for a day?

I just read over 30+ pages, eye dey pain me. Even if I see signboard sef, I no go read again. shooooo

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2019
How can I install ONENIGHTSTAND font on my Redmi 6 pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Johnrake69: 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
Gptech:

You think this is a fault of the phone? shocked

I actually got both the Note 7 and the Pro same time. The note 7 didn't give me this issue to set up.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
Joohan:

I'm around Palm Avenue.

Your number plz
08062907289. Call /WhatsApp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
Random comment tho.

I believe Smartphones will get better innovations as time goes by. I purchased a Miracast Dongle from AliExpress as well as a HDMI to AV converter plus USB type C OTG.

My Startimes decoder dey inactive as I watch on the TV anyway free without sub. DVD unkor, na dust new house be that. My phone is my decoder/dvd player. I stream games to the TV too. Like legit plug in the controller and play using the TV instead of the phone, the only drawback is the latency but once you get the timing right, your good to go.

OTG helps me type directly using a keyboard and print directly via USB. I did it at a cafe recently using their keyboard and printer and they were hailing me like one guru when really it is nothing.

I struggle to wonder why people under utilize their smartphones.

I'd like to hear your views.

I should make this an independent post tho.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
Those using miui 10 and Android pie on redmi 6 pro.. is the battery still the same with miui 9?
And who have noticed that Redmi 6 pro battery lasts a bit longer than RN7's?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Johnrake69: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Could be newtwork issue or whatsapp server ish. Give it more minutes then you can try again.

Boss... I have been on it since yesterday. I have given it all the permissions it needs still not working. Have done rebooting more than 5times. The note 7 didn't give me this issue at all. I'm wondering if has to do with the Chinese ROM. Because the note 7 is the global version

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
donprosper6:
Those using miui 10 and Android pie on redmi 6 pro.. is the battery still the same with miui 9?

Of course the redmi 6 pro battery will last longer than that of the note 7 as sd625 is more power efficient than the sd660.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
Johnrake69:

Boss... I have been on it since yesterday. I have given it all the permissions it needs still not working. Have done rebooting more than 5times. The note 7 didn't give me this issue at all. I'm wondering if has to do with the Chinese ROM. Because the note 7 is the global version

Strange, have you installed your Google services?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by phunix: 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
Good brothers & sisters!
Please can one get a ₦15K tablet today in the market?
My son needs it - once a while I should be able to use it to read while he engages in other stuff, and sleeps.
Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by phunix: 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2019
You guys are doing good! Thumbs up! Still rocking my Mi Max 2!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
atheistandproud:
Random comment tho.

I believe Smartphones will get better innovations as time goes by. I purchased a Miracast Dongle from AliExpress as well as a HDMI to AV converter plus USB type C OTG.

My Startimes decoder dey inactive as I watch on the TV anyway free without sub. DVD unkor, na dust new house be that. My phone is my decoder/dvd player. I stream games to the TV too. Like legit plug in the controller and play using the TV instead of the phone, the only drawback is the latency but once you get the timing right, your good to go.

OTG helps me type directly using a keyboard and print directly via USB. I did it at a cafe recently using their keyboard and printer and they were hailing me like one guru when really it is nothing.

u even had time to start plugging otg HDMI to AV cable when u can easily chrome cast/ screen mirror cheesy

The world and technology is evolving.. although u have to be financially stable to flow along with the trends.. I try as much as possible to stay afloat of technology no matter the cost..I make sure all I use are modern and quality as I can afford.

In my school...wrote 80% of my theoretical tests and exams with my phone with the help of Google cheesy..many underestimates the power of internet and technology.

I change my Airtel SIM every 3 months because there is this 100% data bonus they give their new customers on every sub ranging from 500 for 3 months..

I do get 30+gig for as low as 4k and the 4g in my area is second to none..many are ignorant of this anyway still subbing normal sub of 1.5 gig for 1k when u can get 7 gig + for same 1k..

I rarely sub my DStv..why will I sub 6k min-14k max for a month when I can get upto 100+ gig for same amount and stream to high heavens whilst chromecasting to my smart TV (I can choose when and how I watch).

Am not the kind to be left behind in this technology era..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
fantilopezzy:
can i use third party theme and fonts on Chinese version?
U can use in any version.
Older devices are more stable with it than recent launches starting from the rn7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Of course the redmi 6 pro battery will last longer than that of the note 7 as sd625 is more power efficient than the sd660.

And also a smaller display

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
WizAkzy:
Please how were you able to use a third party font without it resetting your home screen and theme to default?
I'm using a redmi 5,wat device do u use?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
donprosper6:

You have to account for the smaller display on your Redmi 6 pro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2019
atheistandproud:
Random comment tho.

Ignorance is the 1st problem, phones are getting more and more useful these days. If not the distraction of my phone, I could prepare for my exams in August without touching a single text book and practice all my drafts on the phone too. Mobile phones are the way forward, let's not even talk about intellectual materials readily available both for research and for enlightenment. It's just that some are so used to limited usage of their devices. For instance people still believe that coming to church with your phone instead of hardcopy Bible means you are not a serious believer yet I can have as many as 15 - 20 versions of the same Bible in my phone.
I will blame ignorance, a refusal to adapt and maybe "small mindedness"

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Johnrake69: 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Strange, have you installed your Google services?

Yes... I downloaded the whatsapp through playstore
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gideonak: 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2019

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gideonak: 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
Good evening guys! RN4 screen guard and case urgently needed, any seller here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lambotee(m): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
yemi2plus:

Baba, na man you be oo. I don finally successfully flash the global rom.

Thanks so much.

u are welcome
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
krattoss:
u even had time to start plugging otg HDMI to AV cable when u can easily chrome cast/ screen mirror cheesy

The world and technology is evolving.. although u have to be financially stable to flow along with the trends.. I try as much as possible to stay afloat of technology no matter the cost..I make sure all I use are modern and quality as I can afford.

In my school...wrote 80% of my theoretical tests and exams with my phone with the help of Google cheesy..many underestimates the power of internet and technology.

I change my Airtel SIM every 3 months because there is this 100% data bonus they give their new customers on every sub ranging from 500 for 3 months..

I do get 30+gig for as low as 4k and the 4g in my area is second to none..many are ignorant of this anyway still subbing normal sub of 1.5 gig for 1k when u can get 7 gig + for same 1k..

I rarely sub my DStv..why will I sub 6k min-14k max for a month when I can get upto 100+ gig for same amount and stream to high heavens whilst chromecasting to my smart TV (I can choose when and how I watch).

Am not the kind to be left behind in this technology era..

I have a flat screen at home that I can stream to. HDMI to AV converter is for when I'm away from home especially with old SD TVs. That's a great idea sha. Hopefully Airtel no go change am for you one day.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rexzor(m): 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
Greetings house, pls I need info on where and how I can get redmi note 2 battery n casing. Any help will be well appreciated. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
IKON360:

Ignorance is the 1st problem, phones are getting more and more useful these days. If not the distraction of my phone, I could prepare for my exams in August without touching a single text book and practice all my drafts on the phone too. Mobile phones are the way forward, let's not even talk about intellectual materials readily available both for research and for enlightenment. It's just that some are so used to limited usage of their devices. For instance people still believe that coming to church with your phone instead of hardcopy Bible means you are not a serious believer yet I can have as many as 15 - 20 versions of the same Bible in my phone.
I will blame ignorance, a refusal to adapt and maybe "small mindedness"

You have said it all. I typed my mom's project, a client's proposal and my grandmother's burial programme on my phone.

Nigerians are too ignorant and on top the ignorance, we refuse to take correction.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5220) (5221) (5222) (5223) (5224) (5225) (5226) ... (9314) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.