Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9158381 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5478) (5479) (5480) (5481) (5482) (5483) (5484) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
2kurupt:

This is Chinese version. Does the language on the band revert to English when you first paired it with your phone?

Yes once its paired english jst show face sharply.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamNegro(m): 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
BoboKush:

Screen... Size.... Camera.... Both front n back... I can go on

I like to avoid stuffs like this. please pass legit info if you want to do a comparison. I just looked at the Huawei y9 prime and it doesn't even have fast charge, no back glass, weaker CPU Kirin 710, no infared Port, etc. I could go on too.

not to discredit Huawei. the phone should have a better camera set up than the redmi note 7 due to its triple camera, then the Gcam still makes the redmi note 7 camera tangible. I don't want to bring up the redmi note 7 pro cuz that will be Overkill. the pop up camera and the no notch also is really nice. The Huawei is even heavier with better screen to body ratio. redmi note 7 is cheaper

I hate doing comparisons, but please be concise and truthful about your facts. Thank you. Bobokush. The guy too comparing Lenovo z6 pro to k20 pro. I don't even want to get to that. nobody should mention me biko. I won't be replying.

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
vickthorious:

both the shipping fee and erytin?? sorry fr the question

Everything and everything including everything. No additional fees was paid.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
Lovexme:

The follow come charger doesn't support QC. Thankfully, I already have one.

Is 18W not a quick charger?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
iamNegro:

I like to avoid stuffs like this. please pass legit info if you want to do a comparison. I just looked at the Huawei y9 prime and it doesn't even have fast charge, no back glass, weaker CPU Kirin 710, no infared Port, etc. I could go on too.

not to discredit Huawei. the phone should have a better camera set up than the redmi note 7 due to its triple camera, then the Gcam still makes the redmi note 7 camera tangible. I don't want to bring up the redmi note 7 pro cuz that will be Overkill. the pop up camera and the no notch also is really nice. The Huawei is even heavier with better screen to body ratio. redmi note 7 is cheaper

I hate doing comparisons, but please be concise and truthful about your facts. Thank you. Bobokush. The guy too comparing Lenovo z6 pro to k20 pro. I don't even want to get to that. nobody should mention me biko. I won't be replying.

Say the truth if u were to choose between redmi note 7 and hauwei Y9 Prime which one will u choose undecided

U and I knw what the hauwei got over RN7 is much better than what RN7 has.... Let be truthful

I use RN7 between

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2019
genius43:

Is 18W not a quick charger?

It was 5V-2A. Besides, it never indicated it was quick charging after plugging it to the phone, unlike the one I'm currently using.

5v-2A is 10W, no?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
BoboKush:

Say the truth if u were to choose between redmi note 7 and hauwei Y9 Prime which one will u choose undecided

U and I knw what the hauwei got over RN7 is much better than what RN7 has.... Let be truthful

I use RN7 between

Truthful fan boy..

Seun.. Make this man an admin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:50pm On Jul 13, 2019
Lovexme:

It was 5V-2A. Besides, it never indicated it was quick charging after plugging it to the phone, unlike the one I'm currently using.

5v-2A is 10W, no?

Ok it's 10W. Why I said 18W was because of unboxing I saw online, the units came with 18W bricks. Except if it is region dependent

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
genius43:

Ok it's 10W. Why I said 18W was because of unboxing I saw online, the units came with 18W bricks. Except if it is region dependent

Probably. I was surprised when I unboxed and found the charger with a lesser rating. I currently use one with 3A output.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MobileGees: 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2019
BoboKush:

I use RN7 between

Vivo Z1 pro kills both y9 pro and note 7

And it's cheaper

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
Lovexme:

Probably. I was surprised when I unboxed and found the charger with a lesser rating. I currently use one with 3A output.

Dem fall hands oo, might be a region thing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
ossiken:
I got my RN7 delivered to me all thanks to Mizik I have been enjoying it. Mizik I called to appreciate you but your line was busy. A big thanks to you.
it was a pleasure doing business with you sir ..
We've spoken grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
Yuneehk:
Mizik ooo cheesy Thank you for the on time delivery of my RN7, and answering all my yeye questions grin
You do well jare
twas a pleasure o grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jake420: 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2019
iamNegro:

Lol sorry o people were saying it doesn't get updates so I'm here to teach and correct.
But incase anyone wants camera comparisons mention me
This is..... And mi 9

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2019
alosbaba007:
Ordered on the 2nd of july, landed yesterday picked up today.

post the link you order from pls and reviews
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
ubev01:
and no other Xiaomi phone that is lesser than mi9t and still compares favourably with the y9 prime? grin

mi9 SE is still better than y9 prime
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jake420: 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2019
Jake420:

Lol sorry o people were saying it doesn't get updates so I'm here to teach and correct.
But incase anyone wants camera comparisons mention me
This is..... And mi 9
"be concise and truthful "
Truth is objective, opinions are subjective so there's no truth when it comes to opinions.
The only truth is that you can get the 8,256 version of z6 pro for like 20k higher than the highest version of k20 pro and get expandable storage which is a must for me and many others and more megapixels("higher mp not=better camera) trust me it has a better camera imo and better software features such as dual view vlogging letting you video both back and front simultaneously,I'll admit it doesn't have NFC but it's 2mp dedicated camera has very good stabilization which most people don't know how to use.
The fact is there's no truth if it's all opinions so neither you or i can be concise and truthful

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Dem fall hands oo, might be a region thing.

No be small.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
Vivo Z1 pro make sense.. But I don't trust the phone.. My mind no trust that phone at all

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by enoch273: 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
Babaheekmat:

No problem bro.. We will talk when time comes

Bros abeg me self dey here oo, see my mail:enoch.hartley@gmail.com and phone/WhatsApp: 08179538301
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dayvid2(m): 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2019
Babaheekmat:

I work in shell company.. No be plucking at all
Bros I go like make discuss something abt career with you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dayvid2(m): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
Guys I budget 40k for phone, na which Xiaomi phone I fit get
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
alosbaba007:

Yes once its paired english jst show face sharply.
Then na the Chinese version sure pass smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 10:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
i thought we gonna av a very smooth Saturday this week, not until y9, rn7, LZ6pro and vivo matter started

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2019
Mrlastborn:
i thought we gonna av a very smooth Saturday this week, not until y9, rn7, LZ6pro and vivo matter started
weekends are for arguement most of which is uneccesary grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wunderkiind(m): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2019
Babaheekmat:

I work in shell company.. No be plucking at all
I'm loyal sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
drjprince:
weekends are for arguement most of which is uneccesary grin
pls which is better
redmi 7 vs oneplus 7pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
orogodoganyin:

mi9 SE is still better than y9 prime
that will be an overkill. A y9 prime that's being compared to the note 7, not even the pro. I raised that question cos, someone was asking for a good device that's cheaper than the mi9t, on a Xiaomi thread o, and all he could come up with was a Huawei phone add if there are no better Xiaomi phones cheaper than the 9t

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
Jake420:

"be concise and truthful "
Truth is objective, opinions are subjective so there's no truth when it comes to opinions.
The only truth is that you can get the 8,256 version of z6 pro for like 20k higher than the highest version of k20 pro and get expandable storage which is a must for me and many others and more megapixels("higher mp not=better camera) trust me it has a better camera imo and better software features such as dual view vlogging letting you video both back and front simultaneously,I'll admit it doesn't have NFC but it's 2mp dedicated camera has very good stabilization which most people don't know how to use.
The fact is there's no truth if it's all opinions so neither you or i can be concise and truthful
have you used Lenovo's zui skin before? To me that's a deal breaker, i can leave with miui, zui is just meh. Lenovo has good hardware at affordable prices but software experience is terrible

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:34pm On Jul 13, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Wait till I post pictures.. Flexing the phone.. So beautiful and sleek.. Breathing crystal blue colour..

So beautiful
just that there's no phone by that name. Afaik
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2019
BoboKush:

I use RN7 between

Y9 prime with terrible edge detection for selfies? grin check frankietech's review on YouTube, he did an extensive review on the phone, won't even think about the phone talkless of comparing to rn7 grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Nah they should have gone with sd712 or even the sd675. Let's hope there is a pro variant as this doesn't look impressive.

Look what I saw in gsmarea. Just hope the lite version gets screen of 6.2 ń above

Xiaomi Mi A3 and A3 Lite may get upgraded chipsets - Snapdragon 730 and 675
11 July 2019
Xiaomi’s upcoming Android One phones will be based on its new CC9 series with some modifications. The Xiaomi Mi A3 and Mi A3 Lite are reportedly getting upgraded chipsets compared to their MIUI-running relatives.

The Mi A3 is set to get the Snapdragon 730. Compared to the S710 inside the CC9, this chip uses newer big cores (Cortex-A76 based Kryo 470, up from A75-based Kryo 360). Also, the new Adreno 618 promises a 25% boost over the old one.

The chipset is built on Samsung’s 8nm LPP process, which improves power efficiency (the S710 is a 10nm chip).

Snapdragon 730 and 675 performance on AnTuTu
The Mi A3 Lite is getting the Snapdragon 675, up from S665 on the CC9e. This is an even bigger upgrade, going from A73-based Kryo 260 cores to A76-derived Kryo 460 cores. It’s still an 11nm part, but AnTuTu shows notable performance gains.

CPU (big) CPU (small) GPU Process
Snapdragon 730 - Mi A3? 2x Kryo 470 (A76) @ 2.2GHz 6x Kryo (A55) Adreno 618 @ 700MHz 8nm LPP
Snapdragon 710 - CC9 2x Kryo 360 (A75) @ 2.2GHz 6x Kryo (A55) Adreno 616 10nm LPP
Snapdragon 675 - Mi A3 Lite? 2x Kryo 460 (A76) @ 2.0GHz 6x Kryo (A55) Adreno 612 11nm LPP
Snapdragon 665 - CC9e 4x Kryo 250 (A73) @ 2.0GHz 4x Kryo (A53) Adreno 610 11nm LPP
The Lite model may get another upgrade – changing the screen panel from 720p+ to 1080p+. The Mi A2 Lite has a 1080p screen, so a successor with 720p resolution would have been hard to explain (it’s easier for the CC9e as it’s part of a new series). This hasn’t been confirmed yet, however.

Both Xiaomi Mi A3 phones will be keeping the triple cameras with 48MP main sensor of the CC9 phones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5478) (5479) (5480) (5481) (5482) (5483) (5484) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: blaquemyc, monshow25(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.