Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9140548 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5709) (5710) (5711) (5712) (5713) (5714) (5715) ... (9312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teedeechian(m): 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
GrandMufti:

Stale
For One ui or MIUI?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
okikiosibodu:
@Shegun010
Another font I love ( I use on my other android) but can't use on this phone is "energy". It scatters the lettering. You search for it same way in themes app. And choose the font
For more options. Under themes, search for aafonts or moby. It will bring out other options for you to select.
Jboixxx and Genius43, am I a fast learner?

You can also search "free" for more fonts. You are learning fast.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwarosa: 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
Anyone with a Redmi Note 5 for sale? Or used note 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
Gptech:

Sleep dey catch me nr vex bros grin.

Ok, please to when u can... And please quote me if u don't mind bro. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
Biafrareform:
The Floveme fast charger I bought charge my Redmi Note 7 for almost 2hours.

Abeg those of u using Floveme, how many hours does it charge your phone
1hr gives me 72%...2hrs something is wrong
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by missiles: 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
I don gain admission oo cheesy
To Ambrose ali grin grin
Congrats bro it's a good news but on a more serious note you need to be DEDICATED to your assignments cos plenty of them awaits you. Guy architecture department resumes first and closes last every semester. Take note.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Glo envisaged an upgrade in the future for 5g, hence the choice of the band. But 4g Never too strong for naija yet, thus questionable choice. Just like Nokia later dabbled into android os after low patronage on Windows os, Glo is test running band 3 supported by most 4g phones. Their coverage increases by the day. Stay tuned

Sub 6Ghz 5G also covers band 3 which is 1800Mhz. Their initial choice of band 28 on 4G was that it had more depth meaning it could reach a larger area with less equipment. But 5G is more complicated, it needs more infrastructure than 5G so it can achieve its aim like for robotics, driverless cars, smart city, automated medical services etc. So to keep up with speeds needed more 5G antennas have to be installed compared to that of 4G.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by odinga1of: 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
dafuturis:
Does anyone sell original iPhone 3.5mm jack earphone here? if not I'll like a link to AliExpress for the original one. the ones am seeing aren't getting good customers feedback, saying it doesn't sound like the original one.

someone should answer this guy quickly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hyinkar97(m): 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
To every post and poster that unknowingly convinced me to buy RN7, your reward is in heaven. This device is a beauty and it's just too sleek, smooth and efficient to say the least.

I'm shedding tears of joy cry cry cry cry cry

20 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hyinkar97:
To every post and poster that unknowingly convinced me to buy RN7, your reward is in heaven. This device is a beauty and it's just too sleek, smooth and efficient to say the least.

I'm shedding tears of joy cry cry cry cry cry

Congratulations, welcome to the family.

Disable WiFi and Bluetooth scanning by searching for them from your settings.

If you need GCam ask or check Jboixxx compilation list.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
dafuturis:
Does anyone sell original iPhone 3.5mm jack earphone here? if not I'll like a link to AliExpress for the original one. the ones am seeing aren't getting good customers feedback, saying it doesn't sound like the original one.

Do you mean a good headphone with a 3.5mm jack that works with apple? I doubt if you will get original one from Apple on Aliexpress but there are other good products you can try.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
.All of you forming king Kong now cuz of RN7, RN 8 is almost here...we go see wetin you wan do. Kontinue; instead of you to be humble... undecided

Gptech:

Lol! I hope this your post nr dey try insinuate say Xiaomi dey try for phones but their software nr reach? The person u quote dey all after launchers, and anything e talk dey purely personal. Some like IPhone like feel, some Samsung, some stock Android, while some like me personally hate launchers. Another thing be say, someone like me never ever like any Samsung interface before apart from the current one ui, doesn't mean Samsung has always had a bad OS. After weighing both, I personally still think say miui overall still dey better than One ui (sounds biased but true IMO). Truth b say many ppl nr even know wetin miui fit do egg even after using their phones for years, I see a lot of them using third party apps for wetin their phones already get.
Like using a 3rd party monitoring spirit to monitor data usage and co... Hehehe.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
mathefaro:
Considering the AMOLED screen Mi9T has, the thought of screen replacement is an essential factor in my decision.

Haba, be optimistic na.

The fact that you've a phone of over 50k in your pocket makes you susceptible to being robbed but does that deter you from moving about with your phone anyway?

The mi 9t not only has a solid build quality, it's front and back is also protected by Gorilla Glass 6. That should give you some encouragement.

It's not like we've seen people complaining that the glass is fragile for you to now allow that discourage you.

You do know OEMs are gradually moving towards using AMOLED screens for their midranges right?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:

Congratulations, welcome to the family.

Disable WiFi and Bluetooth scanning by searching for them from your settings.

If you need GCam ask or check J.boixxx compilation list.
You de court wahala....Make he Check the list ni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
odinga1of:

someone should answer this guy quickly

Dude that word "quickly" is uncalled for, no one is been paid to answer any request as quickly as possible.
No one would give response to what he/she has no idea of. This is a Xiaomi thread and you don't expect everyone apart from former/current users of iPhones to have an idea where to source original replacement parts/accessories for the phone.

Another thing his question wasn't clear.

Just thought I should let you know.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ray1251:
I think Airtel is way more consistent to even MTN now both in stability and speed
You will have to explain what you meant by "MTN is also a data demon" cos I don't understand.
Glo is a fantastic choice when it comes to allocated volume to price, but how good is their signal all over Nigeria? undecided
What's the joy in having large volume of data and being unable to use it?
I stick to MTN because they have been the most consistent not just on Internet connectivity alone but also on all services.
However, I use other ISP when the need arise. A good example is 9mobile; their internet connectivity works exceptionally well abeit very expensive.
they don't know.. Mtn is the best abeg... Its simply the best.. I will buy data steady, when cheat comes I'll follow and drain life out of them.. Mtn too op
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
Teedeechian:
So the new Samsung note 10 can't be switched off without unlocking the phone, MIUI 11 please get on board.
the option is available on my note 7.. Eu rom

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prince202020(m): 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ziyech:
7:10 PM Shot on RN7

Nice shot, making this my home screen wallpaper
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
BoleAndFish:
How do I make my ram status show in the circled area of the screenshot? I've seen it in some screenshots here.
Change either your theme or turn off Dark mode.

I noticed that all your screenshots show your phone in dark mode. That thing hides the beauty of your screen and themes if you ask me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by odinga1of: 10:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:

Dude that word "quickly" is uncalled for, no one is been paid to answer any request as quickly as possible.
No one would give response to what he/she has no idea of. This is a Xiaomi thread and you don't expect everyone apart from former/current users of iPhones to have an idea where to source original replacement parts/accessories for the phone.

Another thing his question wasn't clear.

Just thought I should let you know.

ok sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nlandgrandfada(m): 10:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
BoleAndFish:
How do I make my ram status show in the circled area of the screenshot? I've seen it in some screenshots here.

_On your home screen, tap and hold.
_tap on settings
_tap on more
_toggle show memory status

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
Samsung Note 10+/10+ 5G are now the new camera king for both rear and front cameras at least for now.

Rear Camera review
https://www.dxomark.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-5g-camera-review/

Front camera review
https://www.dxomark.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-5g-front-camera-review/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
nlandgrandfada:

_On your home screen, tap and hold.
_tap on settings
_tap on more
_toggle show memory status
Done. Plenty thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 10:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
2kurupt:

Change either your theme or turn off Dark mode.

I noticed that all your screenshots show your phone in dark mode. That thing hides the beauty of your screen and themes if you ask me
Turned off dark mode and realised it truly hid the beauty of the theme. I still love the dark mode sha. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2019
Huawei worked with Meitu to improve its camera outputs

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dafuturis(m): 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:

Do you mean a good headphone with a 3.5mm jack that works with apple? I doubt if you will get original one from Apple on Aliexpress but there are other good products you can try.

I mean the original or factory Iphone wired earphones. Where to purchase it online. There are just so many fakes.
Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
dafuturis:

I mean the original or factory Iphone wired earphones. Where to purchase it online. There are just so many fakes.
Thank you

That would be Amazon or eBay, and they don't come cheap
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mistermorex: 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
It was a smooth deal with #ifedith 2 days ago. I was able to get from him Redmi 7 for a friend. Thanks Ifedith

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dafuturis(m): 11:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:

That would be Amazon or eBay, and they don't come cheap
Ok. Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
dafuturis:

Ok. Thank you

I just checked Amazon and couldn't see any good ones. In my honest opinion get good headphones from other companies, they will serve you well
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
I won't have said anything about all these back and forth network argument. I think both @scotweezy and @ray1251 are right. MTN is consistent. I just confirmed it this evening.

I transferred 200mb from one of my Airtel line to my other Airtel line.

Note: the other airtel line is in a torchlight phone, there was no way I can use it to browse on the phone.

Lol and behold, I restarted the torchlight phone, checked data balance on the phone and I swear, I saw 19mb instead of the 200mb I transferred to it.

No exaggeration at all.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dafuturis(m): 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:

I just checked Amazon and couldn't see any good ones. In my honest opinion get good headphones from other companies, they will serve you well

Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (5709) (5710) (5711) (5712) (5713) (5714) (5715) ... (9312) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.