Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,484 members, 7,770,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:51 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9020200 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (9302) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
bharkarh:
thank bro. Xiaomi redmi note 2.
Great device apart from the poor battery performance, I use same device though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
Gptech:

Great device apart from the poor battery performance, I use same device though.
the battery is a big headache. Will have to look for a power bank to keep me online.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
lambotee:

yes
please how do I go about it? Do I need to root the phone?.
Please kindly put me through. Thanks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
bharkarh:
the battery is a big headache. Will have to look for a power bank to keep me online.
Well, performance depends on usage; also the rom affects the battery performance. Ensure you have the global rom installed. Have not got reasons to use a power bank for now because I carry my charger wherever I go. Thank God quick charge is supported and the charger is very portable.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
bharkarh:
please how do I go about it? Do I need to root the phone?.
Please kindly put me through. Thanks!
I will advise you to wait a bit for official release of miui 8. If you are not on global stable rom you might not get the OTA update on your phone. For now there are many bugs in the unofficial miui 8.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Gptech:

I will advise you to wait a bit for official release of miui 8. If you are not on global stable rom you might not get the OTA update on your phone. For now there are many bugs in the unofficial miui 8.
thanks boss. I will wait then. How do I know if im on global stable ROM? Thanks for your time!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
Gptech:

Well, performance depends on usage; also the rom affects the battery performance. Ensure you have the global rom installed. Have not got reasons to use a power bank for now because I carry my charger wherever I go. Thank God quick charge is supported and the charger is very portable.
please how do I know if I'm on global ROM? Would like to know.thanks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
bharkarh:
thanks boss. I will wait then. How do I know if im on global stable ROM? Thanks for your time!
Go to settings, scroll down to 'About phone ', then scroll down, you see 'miui version'

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Regiblinkz(m): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
michaelobinna:
a week old , accessories and box intact, cases and screen protector... 65k
what version is this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
Gptech:

Go to settings, scroll down to 'About phone ', then scroll down, you see 'miui version'
thanks a lot bro, mine is MIUI by Xiaomi.eu 7.1| stable7.1.1.0(LHNCNCK)
HOW DO I INSTAL A GLOBAL ROM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
bharkarh:
thanks a lot bro, mine is MIUI by Xiaomi.eu 7.1| stable7.1.1.0(LHNCNCK)
HOW DO I INSTAL A GLOBAL ROM?
I believe you on a developer rom, do you have playstore in your phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
Regiblinkz:
what version is this
MTK version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 7:50am On Jul 24, 2016
Gptech:

I believe you on a developer rom, do you have playstore in your phone?
yes sir, I have playstore on the device.
Is the global ROM still better?
If yes, how do I upgrade it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
bharkarh:
yes sir, I have playstore on the device.
Is the global ROM still better?
If yes, how do I upgrade it?
Yes it is more stable

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
Gptech:

Yes it is more stable
happy Sunday bro, how do I upgrade to the global ROM? Rooted the phone today.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
bharkarh:
happy Sunday bro, how do I upgrade to the global ROM? Rooted the phone today.
Wow, now that you are rooted, I can't guarantee if the normal process will be safe for you. Mine is rooted too but have not done any update since then. Am waiting for miui 8 global stable rom which should be out in a month's time. If you can't wait then you should visit the miui forum for help. The normal process is for you to tap on tools, then 'updater' then check for update. You can do the update and follow the next steps:
Connect your device to your Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file you downloaded into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’(you can create the folder yourself if its not there already) in the internal storage of your device. Launch ‘Updater' app on your device, then click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’.
After choosing the right ROM file, your device will begin upgrading. Your device should automatically boot to the new version when the update is completed.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
Gptech:

Wow, now that you are rooted, I can't guarantee if the normal process will be safe for you. Mine is rooted too but have not done any update since then. Am waiting for miui 8 global stable rom which should be out in a month's time. If you can't wait then you should visit the miui forum for help. The normal process is for you to tap on tools, then 'updater' then check for update. You can do the update and follow the next steps:
Connect your device to your Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file you downloaded into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’(you can create the folder yourself if its not there already) in the internal storage of your device. Launch ‘Updater' app on your device, then click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’.
After choosing the right ROM file, your device will begin upgrading. Your device should automatically boot to the new version when the update is completed.
bro you are nothing but God's sent. Lemme kuku wait for the MIUI 8 Global stable rum.
Currently, I'm using purify go kill apps that are running underground. Thanks a lot!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
bharkarh:
bro you are nothing but God's sent. Lemme kuku wait for the MIUI 8 Global stable rum.
Currently, I'm using purify go kill apps that are running underground. Thanks a lot!
Uwc boss wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
Gptech:

Uwc boss wink
kindly notify me when the MIUI 8 Global ROM is out. Seriously can't wait grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
bharkarh:
Of course, can't wait to try it out.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=Gptech post=47854237
Of course, can't wait to try it out. [/quote]same here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mofejee(m): 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2016
please how much is the redmi note 3 pro and where can I get it.thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by harmbhrosz(m): 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
bharkarh:
bro kindly port to the Global Stable ROM of MiUI7 before MiUi8 arrives

What I'm saying is if you're on Developer ROM on MiUi7, you can't get an OTA update for coming MiUi8 Global Stable ROM.

What model is your phone

The screenshot below is what MiUi7 Global Stable ROM looks like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 1:48am On Jul 25, 2016
harmbhrosz:

What I'm saying is if you're on Developer ROM on MiUi7, you can't get an OTA update for coming MiUi8 Global Stable ROM.

What model is your phone

please how do I port to the stable ROM then.
Attached to this is the ROM I'm on.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 3:03am On Jul 25, 2016
Gptech:

bro, I did the update and can't find what I downloaded. I was asked to reboot which I did. But when I check my phone info, it's still the same custom ROM. How do I find what I downloaded so I can do the next thing?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by harmbhrosz(m): 8:19am On Jul 25, 2016
bharkarh:
please how do I port to the stable ROM then.
Attached to this is the ROM I'm on.
http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html

Visit the link, and start yours from fastboot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 8:32am On Jul 25, 2016
harmbhrosz:
http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html

Visit the link, and start yours from fastboot
yepa! After wasting 1gig of data. I have 8OOMB left. Thanks all the same. Will have to sub again.

I opened the link and I got to know that it's for Xiaomi redmi note 3.....I'm using the note 2

I really appreciate you guys for your time. God bless you all!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:35am On Jul 25, 2016
bharkarh:
bro, I did the update and can't find what I downloaded. I was asked to reboot which I did. But when I check my phone info, it's still the same custom ROM. How do I find what I downloaded so I can do the next thing?
Can't really tell where it should be, plus your phone on a computer and search for it or on your phone go to security, then tap 'cleaner'. After cleaning tap on 'deep clean', then tap' big files '. Scroll until you see the downloaded rom. When you find it, tap on it and click file. From there you can move it to any folder you want.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2016
Gptech:

Can't really tell where it should be, plus your phone on a computer and search for it or on your phone go to security, then tap 'cleaner'. After cleaning tap on 'deep clean', then tap' big files '. Scroll until you see the downloaded rom. When you find it, tap on it and click file. From there you can move it to any folder you want.
thanks, I will try that out later. Good morning!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:44am On Jul 25, 2016
Gptech:

Updating your phone after root does no harm but makes you lose root. Personally I don't see the need to root since I experimented with it shortly after getting my note 3

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2016
harmbhrosz:

What model is your phone

If he's on developer rom then he'll get miui 8 update before you guys on stable or global rom. wink

I know coz I've been rocking miui 8 for over a month now on Chinese dev rom. grin trust me it's more stable than the so-called "stable" rom

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:51am On Jul 25, 2016
bharkarh:
thanks, I will try that out later. Good morning!

I'll advice you visit & register at the official miui forum. Then checkout the section of your device so you'll be better guided http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mobile=2

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (9302) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.