Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9159311 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6296) (6297) (6298) (6299) (6300) (6301) (6302) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:43am On Nov 18, 2019
juliet131:

Browsing can't make a phone to be hot, to be honest.
Hot to wat degree madam?
I've got Samsung & iPhone fanboys around me... Sud I tell u d truth? All phone will warm up based on wat ure doing
Heavy browsing, chatting yet on 4G, coupled wit poor network coverage will definitely make any phone to heat up or warm hence trains ba3 faster
Phone gotten @over or nearly 180k does heat/warm up as the case maybe
NB: I've S7, S8 & S9 and IPhone 7-10 users around me so I knw how it feels even on flagships

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:47am On Nov 18, 2019
juliet131:

I'm interested in xiaomi cos of the its specs but it scares me to hear complain about battery draining fast and heating issues.
I dnt knw the degree or rate at which pple complain abt dis ur heating and ba3 draining issue. My candid advice 4u is stick to ur Tecno mobile since it offers u wat u want, dats d joy of using a gadget(value for money)
Shalom

19 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:49am On Nov 18, 2019
Mfunkynation:

look at you.... it is good to ask questions!
listen kfully....
browsing via WiFi does not heat nor drain battery much
but when you browse via data subscription you will surely run along
One tin she doesn't knw is dat, she needs to consider d stability of network she's using to browse
I'm sure those complaining of ba3 drainage and heat up while browsing have poor network reception at their disposal, tell dem to post ba3 usage u will b shock

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:53am On Nov 18, 2019
juliet131:

I'm planning to have a new phone now that's why Im in nairaland to get more ideas and more enlightenments . I'm eyeing two brands now, xiaomi and realme.
It choice ur money
Som1 once said Xiaomi is an upcoming brand and chinko, u can gif realme a try tho(those guys have mad specs too)

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:56am On Nov 18, 2019
kallmemrB:
it was jumia flash sale.. Bought Redmi Go for 17 and 6a for 27 during bonanza
wen was dat and how often do dey run dia bonanza stuff?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 5:14am On Nov 18, 2019
KngGezy:

Most likely your demeaning statements wont stop me from exercising my freedom of Speech. And this further goes a long way to show your person. For all you know I may be pursuing my second degree amongst other things. But why do I need to explain myself on a faceless forum?

For all I know you, what you are engaged in doesn't concern me. I may be replying one person using different monikers. As far as you have the mental capacity to answer me constructively. And reply to my messages with mutual respect I will respond.
People already know you enjoy all this banter and that's why they call you out all the time. Why can't you just disappoint them by not writing an epistle. You sef like wahala.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by meshachdbuzz(m): 5:29am On Nov 18, 2019
Tiger2020:
congratulations you don try ,so what did you learn undecided undecided

I learn big big Grammar
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jephz(m): 5:38am On Nov 18, 2019
Luisema4luv:
So i say mak i try my editing skill on nova launcher (na this evening i test am) nd did is wat i could come up wit after an 1hr of editing
abeg this editing no dey burn ur battery??6
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 5:38am On Nov 18, 2019
juliet131:

It seems like u r not one of those who feels like an insult to talk about any defect of xiaomi phones. Pls can u tell me why people are complaing of heating issue while browsing cos I don't consider browsing as something that can make a phone heat up. I'm right now using cheap phone but it doesn't heat up at all while browsing, not even warming up.
chidon007:

Thanks boss.
Pls I want 2 know if u normally experience hotness wen browsing on 4G, playing games or doing hot-spot. If u yes, how can it be rectify...Or is it normal for the redmi note 7 to experience dat.
Pls abeg no vex dat I am asking 2 much question. I just bought dis redmi note 7
I actually have never experienced what you are talking about, but this is the closest to what I feel you are talking about
okikiosibodu:

No, I didn't experience this normally, except I use 4g... It gets warm when browsing on 4g for a long time especially when Internet reception is bad. It's adviseable you use 4g only when you need it (I. E when browsing). And its quite normal for phones to warm up when hotspot is on. You are using a lot of resources from the phone... Quite normal too when playing games over a long time.. When you notices it warming up, try to disable 4g and hot-spot, then restart the device and observe again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sultan5(m): 5:46am On Nov 18, 2019
EseAbed:

Amen! They promised they were going to communicate with today, but we haven't heard from them till now..

I'm just trying to distract myself here

Really sorry for this, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. My prayers are with you and your family.

Stay strong!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CollinsJacob(m): 6:26am On Nov 18, 2019
Hello all, I am about getting a new Xiaomi phone and its my first time, which xiaomi product will av a
Fast processor
good battery life
Camera
Etc
At a range of 40k - 55k
Please all other advice is highly needed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 6:37am On Nov 18, 2019
Jephz:
abeg this editing no dey burn ur battery??6

Me no kan kw o, i go reason d effect 2dy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 6:38am On Nov 18, 2019
mindtricks:

Then kindly go back to your "beloved" days of Tecno, Infinix, Itel and enjoy whatever they have to offer.
This thread is for those who have rejected and equally scared of the rubbish the likes of those three good-for-nothing phones have got to offer.

juliet131:

I swear to u that I have been browsing with my techno for good 3 hours now no single heat, I swea the phone is as cool as if it's switched off. Look! If a phone can get hot just because of browsing, I swear I won't buy it. U can kill me now.

Like I already foresaw and suggested, you should heed my above advice and go back to your tecno. The spell of far superior performance we found on Xiaomi won't wear off any time soon.
Needless lurking around looking for complaints to exaggerate, and facts to misrepresent.
Newbies deserve a chance not to be deceived into missing out on the raw value Xiaomi offers.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 7:09am On Nov 18, 2019
Who's got a link to MOD version of pubg? Morning guys!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by directonpc(m): 7:32am On Nov 18, 2019
If you are interested in Jumia blackfriday, checkout the landing page HERE
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 18, 2019
some people ehn.. all phone will get warm if they are put to more work..
although some are hotplate (the degree might be different) you can say there's no engine that will not get hot when working

Glo 4g is one network that might get your phone to be hot..

heavy browser like Firefox to can make get hot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 8:04am On Nov 18, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Wud u like to teach me all of the skills that uve learnt so dat I wouldn't need to travel far?
First hand experience na the best teacher! I will advice you embark on the journey yourself cos you won't regret it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2019
stephinnoyewole:
wen was dat and how often do dey run dia bonanza stuff?
think it's like 6months now I bought it ooo

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kvngjesse(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hyfer(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2019
kallmemrB:
bro which phone are u using?... If u claim Tecno and infinix even Samsung and IPhone doesn't heat up then you are a liar.... Sorry for using that word... The only Phone have used that haven't heat up is this Redmi 8 and another.. Try using 4G for 4hrs
could that be the cause?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2019
kvngjesse:

Sup bro, didn't work

What did it say
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:01am On Nov 18, 2019
CollinsJacob:
Hello all, I am about getting a new Xiaomi phone and its my first time, which xiaomi product will av a
Fast processor
good battery life
Camera
Etc
At a range of 40k - 55k
Please all other advice is highly needed.

Make it 58k and get 3/32Gb Redmi Note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 18, 2019
Hyfer:
could that be the cause?
network data heats up the phone and also games.. That's why WiFi is alot better
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samludas07(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2019
Guys Huawei Y5 2019 will be sold for #22,900 instead of #41,900 on Jumia by 12noon.
Visit the Jumia page and click on black friday for more details
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2019
Tiger2020:
It seems no app can download YouTube videos

Here if you have not found yet:

Vidmate:
www dot vidmateapp dot com

Tubemate:
www dot apkmirror dot com/apk/devian-studio/tubemate-youtube-downloader/

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OCTAVO: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2019
kallmemrB:
As Funny as this may sound.... I think Redmi Go is one of the best works of Xiaomi. Can't believe I bought this gorgeous phone for 17k
Where did you buy it pls? I've been looking for that phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CollinsJacob(m): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2019
whats the difference between xiaomi and redmi, besides i want to purchade on jumia
genius43:

Make it 58k and get 3/32Gb Redmi Note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kvngjesse(m): 11:47am On Nov 18, 2019
genius43:

What did it say
Everything loaded fine but bug still remains
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2019
CollinsJacob:
whats the difference between xiaomi and redmi, besides i want to purchade on jumia

Xiaomi is the parent company of Redmi. So they are more of the same with focuses on different market segments
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2019
kvngjesse:

Everything loaded fine but bug still remains

You should do a factory reset then
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 11:49am On Nov 18, 2019
CollinsJacob:

Redmi is a subbrand of Xiaomi, same way Realme and Oneplus are subbrands under Oppo, and it is also similar to the way Infiniti is a subbrand under Nissan.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2019
Samludas07:
Guys Huawei Y5 2019 will be sold for #22,900 instead of #41,900 on Jumia by 12noon.
Visit the Jumia page and click on black friday for more details

how do I do it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6296) (6297) (6298) (6299) (6300) (6301) (6302) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zyro and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.