Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9137496 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6447) (6448) (6449) (6450) (6451) (6452) (6453) ... (9312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samtob4life: 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
homosapien:

Is it still available, and hope it tear rubber not 1 day or week used.

Brand new
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samtob4life: 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
xoftxoul:

New?

Yeah
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
Big chin below, plus LCD.

I hope they nail the pricing right sha

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
Elslim:

But why did they downgrade to LCD though? Very odd decision undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
Elslim:

Xuaomi said their phones over 250$ will support 5G grin so I'm thinking of 200$ for this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
Couple of band 4 at a give away price, check store thread.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
maclawrence02:
between 40-50k on aliexpress

Fuckkkkkkk and to think I'm getting this phone next week!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 6:00pm On Dec 07, 2019
jboixxx:
Thank God it never crossed my mind to buy Mi A3 grin
I swear it's like I'll have to make another choice because I don't think I'll have that kind of money to spend on only screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2019
I wish they made the Mi a3 with an IPS LCD 1080p screen and a rear fingerprint scanner... It would have been the perfect phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
genius43:
Amoled and it's perks and sadness.

Mi A3 replacement LED
Jesus Christ... And there is no form of screen guard that can prevent the screen from cracking
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
1punchman:

Jesus Christ... And there is no form of screen guard that can prevent the screen from cracking

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2019
1punchman:

How about handling the phone with Ultra care? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2019
1punchman:
I wish they made the Mi a3 with an IPS LCD 1080p screen and a rear fingerprint scanner... It would have been the perfect phone

I currently use mi A3 and I can tell you the colours are very deep and vibrant. The 720p is visibly better than all IPS 1080p have seen so far. the in display FP is a hit for me, I have always been a fan of amoled display and am adding the indisplay FP to my list because it's been the best of all FP I have used. yes, maybe not as fast as some but it does the job better than others. All you need do is to protect your phone and forget about the price to repair.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hennyola(m): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
I started off Xiaomi usage with Note 4x, the commendations from people have been awesome until when the screen broke & I decided not to fix it till I get another device.

Note 8T seems to be the talk of the town now with nice design, colour, and it's dope GCam... Thanks to Macbeyland who came through for me on this.

Nice guy with awesome customer service and timely delivery, despite sending the device from PH to Lagos.

Need a top-notch customer service, macbeyland is your guy to contact.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
fibonacci2526:

You don't know that some people's hands are so strong that they weaken screen overtime. I think he's one of them. tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Lol handling a phone with ultracare doesn't exist especially for a student, u can never escape falls especially if you're planning to use the phone till 2021 like me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 6:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
toppzzyy:

I currently use mi A3 and I can tell you the colours are very deep and vibrant. The 720p is visibly better than all IPS 1080p have seen so far. the in display FP is a hit for me, I have always been a fan of amoled display and am adding the indisplay FP to my list because it's been the best of all FP I have used. yes, maybe not as fast as some but it does the job better than others. All you need do is to protect your phone and forget about the price to repair.
Lol I know, my friend has the phone and we compared it with the note 8 we checked out at pointek... The result was surprising as most YouTube reviews condemned it o, but how can I protect it to the extent of forgetting about screen repairs?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2019
Osyxcel:

You don't know that some people's hands are so strong that they weaken screen overtime. I think he's one of them. tongue
Lol nothing like that, I have small soft hands that's one of the many reasons I didn't go for the bigger note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
fibonacci2526:

But why did they downgrade to LCD though? Very odd decision undecided

Na so we see am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
Trex4:
Xuaomi said their phones over 250$ will support 5G grin so I'm thinking of 200$ for this

$200 for 5g enabled phone ke
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
1punchman:

Of course their are tempered glasses out there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 7:10pm On Dec 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
jboixxx:
Hello house,

Some of us would remember I posted here that when you're at the post office to receive your package, that we should endeavour to always check that the seal hasn't been compromised before leaving. That advise was predicated to what I experienced at the PO the previous day.

The experience?
My Leagoo L8 plus was extracted either enroute to my PO or at my PO. Thanks to the dispatch officer who called to inform me of the ish before I got there. Fortunately, he reminded me to check d package before leaving the counter!! That's the life saver. After checking, my device had disappeared and the USB; "they" left only d adapter and the cartoon.

To cut d story short, I reported the case there and then via a written complaint given the details of what transpired and a message was sent to the Post Master General @ Abuja via email (I was copied) by a concerned citizen who's also in d know.

All these happened in May. My ogas (emaminaj, noobody, gptech, princetom1. Vintino got to know some days after when he fell victim of such in 2 instances within 48hrs at another PO. His case was resolved within days though. Sorry I didn't give details to the house then, it was due to the ongoing investigation then (we don't want the investigation to be compromised) and to avoid scaring our new converts/enthusiasts.

I've just been notified that the sum of the extracted package has been paid by NIPOST last week. The officers on duty at the affected PO when the incident happened were made to 'cough out' the refund from what I gathered.

Please, while I give kudos to the NIPOST management for this effort, we still need to be weary of some bad eggs therein the agency. Always check your package(s) before leaving the counter and if you experience any disservice, don't hesitate to file a report officially to the State head of NIPOST and the PmG at Abuja (if needs be). PmG is very responsive.

Thanks to those that showed concern then and all, and apologies for not sharing details too then.

Vintino, at last o. Dem don free me o, though it took months but not how far but how well.

thank God, but the thing tey o

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2019
1punchman:

Lol I know, my friend has the phone and we compared it with the note 8 we checked out at pointek... The result was surprising as most YouTube reviews condemned it o, but how can I protect it to the extent of forgetting about screen repairs?

as a student,RN8 is a better choice due to your environment.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alexvic12: 8:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
Who knows where I can buy RN8 in Kano?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Newbie5050: 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2019
alexvic12:

U must be joking, RN8 dey plenty at beruit Road Kano. Even Raya is at civic centre.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 8:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
genius43:

Of course their are tempered glasses out there
Lol will it be sufficient to protect the screen from likely cracks?, and where can I get one of them?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
toppzzyy:

as a student,RN8 is a better choice due to your environment.
Lol it's too big and I don't fancy miui
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2019
1punchman:

Lol will it be sufficient to protect the screen from likely cracks?, and where can I get one of them?

Touts here or Aliexpress.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
alexvic12:
Raya

(1) (2) (3) ... (6447) (6448) (6449) (6450) (6451) (6452) (6453) ... (9312) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Chizip(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.