Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9159743 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6551) (6552) (6553) (6554) (6555) (6556) (6557) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
gidieberry:

A man cannot give an honest assertion again ni..
Gidi dem dey try tell you say na God hand all Redmi Note 8 users gather dey o. By the way, thanks for the 18w charger. The speed with which my phone gets to 100% is crazy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
Trex4:
Please give me your number

Chei! Thank you O
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reyhzor(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
muyibabs:
Testimony time...
I helped my colleague to order Redmi Airdots from Jumia only for us to realize that it was fake. We complained to Jumia and returned it. Then I saw Madam Fibo's deal on Redmi Airdots and told my colleague to chat her up. Colleague was afraid it could be fake again but I assured her Madam Fibo is very authentic. Colleague paid and got someone to pick it up for her. She just confirmed to me that it's authentic. It was even cheaper than the fake one.
How much?
Give me the link to buy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Boschh(m): 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
deuzgreat:
So I'm getting the R8 yasssdd lawd. I'm so excited. What should I expect? Hope it comes along eiyh pouch and airpiece

It just comes with charger and plastic pouch..

You gotta buy screen guard and/or better pouch separately.. I'm using the pouch it came with..

Battery life is great..
Sleek phone..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:38pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ladel92:
Gcam not working perfectly on rn8

It is, you didn't apply the Config file.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:38pm On Dec 22, 2019
vincentont:

Why its not higher than this is because I do use office WiFi
normally I don't use it.

Tap on system apps to see the app usage
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:38pm On Dec 22, 2019
deuzgreat:

U being serious or sarcastic?

Sarcrious
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 7:02pm On Dec 22, 2019
How can I tell if its fake or original by mere looking?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 7:07pm On Dec 22, 2019
muyibabs:

The discounted price alone is enough as Xmas gift. cheesy

Oshe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
jboixxx:
TODAY'S TIP:

If you're experiencing data zapping on your device, kindly do this tweaking.

Settings > Sync > Mi Cloud > Disable the gallery sync.

Turning off your auto sync will disable your email sync which is not recommended for those that uses office email or have active emails.

Edited:
Also, you can check if your System apps updater is set to Auto updates, if it is, change to "Don't update" but leave the "Show update notifications" active.

2. Disable your Auto updates on Google play too. How? GooglePlay > Menu > Settings > Change "Auto Update Apps" to "Don't auto update apps" and change "Auto Play videos" to "Don't Auto Play Videos".

3) Don't forget, WhatsApp status is a data zapping feature

4) Facebook isn't left out if your video playback is active

5) this is rare though: Google Photos/drive auto sync (disable and change to manual sync). This is to those that prefers Google Photos to Mi Cloud like me grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
jboixxx:
For the umpteenth time, so many things affect battery life:
1) Apps installed on the device
2) Network stability
3) Surrounding temp conditions.
4) Buggy app
5) Power source used to charge
6) User handling and settings like clearing your background apps (you read that right)
7) Wallpaper/themes!
cool Those notifications that includes vibration
9) Screen brightness, GPS etc.

You can add or/and remove. I don't have time to argue, so, you can pick and reject whichever one that suites you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
jboixxx:
NOTICE:
The Compilation Post on this thread gets no more update!
The Compilation Thread will always be getting updates when and where necessary!!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NigPatriot(m): 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2019
genius43:

Pls how do you apply this config file.

I just downloaded the one from the compilation list. Didn't see anything life config file
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2019
Oga Genius43, there is a gcam it's version is 7.2.014. Have you used this version?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2019
GrandMufti:

Sarcrious
lolz

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2019
genius43:

Genius is there a GCam config file for Redmi 8? I downloaded GCam thru the link you gave but it not working properly, thanks man..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 7:46pm On Dec 22, 2019
[quote author=jboixxx post=85136067][/quote]pls o,i have always thought clearing background apps saves battery life? so it's better to just leave all the background apps?wont it slow down the phone?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
deuzgreat:

Ohk. Any suggestions for dope air piece? Yirrd of buying fakes
Seriously? sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
TrebleChamp:
Genius is there a GCam config file for Redmi 8? I downloaded GCam thru the link you gave but it not working properly, thanks man..
no stable gcam for redmi 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2019
TrebleChamp:
Just go to xda developer, there is gcam for ur model
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Toyorsih(m): 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2019
Nellsworld:

Just go to xda developer, there is gcam for ur model

What about for Redmi note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ladel92(f): 8:21pm On Dec 22, 2019
genius43:

how will I do that please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
IKON360:
Oga Genius43, there is a gcam it's version is 7.2.014. Have you used this version?

Quite stable on note 5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
Toyorsih:

What about for Redmi note 8
No stable gcam for note 8 for now, but note 8pro has
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2019
queenfav:
pls o,i have always thought clearing background apps saves battery life? so it's better to just leave all the background apps?wont it slow down the phone?
You can lock your favourite apps. That's me! When you clear your recent apps, the next time you launch it, it'll take more ram and power to load. That's the principle behind it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
deuzgreat:

Lol. Ear abeg
Oya buy Memt x5s, kz es4, uiisii hm7, and co.
https://audiobudget.com/leaderboard/iem

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
You see if am buying anything from jumia there are certain I can never buy and that is phone or laptop or anything tech or electronic gadget. You might get a hyper. Some of them might tbe fake. I can't go through the stress of complaining.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Morcash01(m): 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
Good evening, I need help on this, my Redmire note 7 display turned dark yesterday, the phone is working ,but the screen is just dark, I can only see some icons using another flashlight. it's just 4 months old, help o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2019
Morcash01:
Good evening, I need help on this, my Redmire note 7 display turned dark yesterday, the phone is working ,but the screen is just dark, I can only see some icons using another flashlight. it's just 4 months old, help o.
You probably have mistakenly turned down the brightness of the phone to zero. Try to locate the slider and turn it back up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6551) (6552) (6553) (6554) (6555) (6556) (6557) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.