Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9154672 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7157) (7158) (7159) (7160) (7161) (7162) (7163) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dottune(m): 9:48am On May 01, 2020
olanreyman:

How good is the front camera in a rating of 10?
The front camera isn't really that good (6/10) but you can solve that by lighting up the screen and editing it with Google photos.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 10:17am On May 01, 2020
awoo47:
samsung uses sd 450 fr dere A20s which is arnd 50k, nd P22 is slightly better than SD 450 in terms of cpu performance

What is slightly better? Even without the rigging benchmark score from mediatek, 450 GPU and camera is better.
Apart from that samsung sells brand, Amoled, gorrila glass, fast charger15w etc what does tecno sell for that price?

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2020
taiwosamwell:
Check Out The Newly Launched Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite Specs and Price
https://techfashy.com/2020/05/xiaomi-mi-note-10-lite-specs-and-price.html
It comes with 30W fast charge, 3D Curved AMOLED Display and More at a much cheaper price than you'd expect
still wondering why they didn't put telephoto lens there considering its price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Toyorsih(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2020
Sprintx24:

Saw the one on Jumia 2 weeks ago at 2150 before price increased to 2500. Just didn't like the L-shaped jack I saw on the image. I prefer a straight jack. Wish i can see one

What's the name attached to it... ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:30am On May 01, 2020
Tiger2020:

My sentiments exactly. They favour Ultrawide lens over Telephoto.

From a poll by Gsmarena, users valued the Ultrawide camera over the Telephoto Sensor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:34am On May 01, 2020
busuyi44:
New babe in town
this comparison is off the line
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:36am On May 01, 2020
genius43:

My sentiments exactly. They favour Ultrawide lens over Telephoto.

From a poll by Gsmarena, users valued the Ultrawide camera over the Telephoto Sensor
why cant they remove the depth sensor lens and use the software to that or remove the rarely used macro lens
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babamide(m): 10:41am On May 01, 2020
kalushaiyke:

How much please.
64k, 2 months ago
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Toyorsih(m): 10:45am On May 01, 2020
Sprintx24:

Saw the one on Jumia 2 weeks ago at 2150 before price increased to 2500. Just didn't like the L-shaped jack I saw on the image. I prefer a straight jack. Wish i can see one

Just saw it now, thank you

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:52am On May 01, 2020
helpsystem:
i ordered my RN9s 6gb/128gb from jumia and my order has been confirmed. expecting between 25 may and 9 of june. i know it will be worth the wait. the first time i am using xiaomi but the specs are great. not in a rush. buying the phone to just get a feel of it. have a dyrable phone presently
you will definitely enjoy it,i have never had any reason to regret buying my first xiaomi phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:55am On May 01, 2020
genius43:

So everyone who says something good about Xiaomi is been paid. The truth those been paid by Xiaomi are not on Nairaland.

Did you also phantom that he mistook p23 for p22 because before Tecno and infinix started using p22, p23 was there go to, you can start checking from Camon X.

Change your tune and choice of words, these are what brings stupid arguments here.
you have time

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by taiwosamwell(m): 11:09am On May 01, 2020
Tiger2020:
Don't know too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 11:14am On May 01, 2020
We officially in May.... Now counting down to "MID MAY".... Happy New Month people
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kentochi(m): 11:28am On May 01, 2020
Tiger2020:
contact @kentochi ,he is well tested and trusted
thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by phockallmods: 12:02pm On May 01, 2020
What good brand of 40k or less can I buy new?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spunkyspunk10(m): 12:03pm On May 01, 2020
Toyorsih:

What's the name attached to it... ?
Here is it ..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GODISGREAT01: 12:33pm On May 01, 2020
Afternoon house and gurus , please I want to buy glass that cover the camera lens of RN7 and a good screen protector for RN7, all the ones I have bought used to chop off from edges. Kindly link me up with the seller who can help fix camera lens glass and screen protector for RN7. thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 12:44pm On May 01, 2020
Good afternoon my people.. Please it's been ages since my redmi note 5 recieved software update.Is it that updates for the phone has been discontinued?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2020
queenfav:
Good afternoon my people.. Please it's been ages since my redmi note 5 recieved software update.Is it that updates for the phone has been discontinued?

Our next update should be MIUI 12
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2020
Samsimple:
can't send message on my stock message app.. I keep seeing this error... "message not sent number formatted incorrectly... I have cleared data still the same.. please help
cc. jboixxx genius43

Check how you saved the numbers, add +234 to the number and try again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 12:49pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

Our next update should be MIUI 12
chai, na wa o.Make den do fast cos i am using this redmi note 5 till it gives up the ghost.Pls does any seller here have this mi air purifier? I need it urgently for my baby's allergy.Small dust, nose don block!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:04pm On May 01, 2020
queenfav:
chai, na wa o.Make den do fast cos i am using this redmi note 5 till it gives up the ghost.Pls does any seller here have this mi air purifier? I need it urgently for my baby's allergy.Small dust, nose don block!

I doubt. If anybody should have, it should be Macbeyland.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 1:16pm On May 01, 2020
queenfav:
ehyaaa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:29pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

Hope you know the process involved. Bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation, flashing Magisk, enabling Camera2api and then looking for a stable GCam for Max 3 to install.

If the person sabi do am.. I fit risk am..

But as you list all these things ehn.. I no dey interested again..

Lol

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:38pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

So everyone who says something good about Xiaomi is been paid. The truth those been paid by Xiaomi are not on Nairaland.

Did you also phantom that he mistook p23 for p22 because before Tecno and infinix started using p22, p23 was there go to, you can start checking from Camon X.

Change your tune and choice of words, these are what brings stupid arguments here.
what is said was utterly false. nd i pointed that out

i don't understand why u must be biased if u aren't getting any benefit..
P22 is an okay processor with better cpu performance dan SD450, hw can u claim it was used in 2016 if nt dat he's biased?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:40pm On May 01, 2020
seunfly:

What is slightly better? Even without the rigging benchmark score from mediatek, 450 GPU and camera is better.
Apart from that samsung sells brand, Amoled, gorrila glass, fast charger15w etc what does tecno sell for that price?

i said in terms of cpu p22 is better, this is a known fact i don't knw abt d gpu..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:51pm On May 01, 2020
awoo47:
what is said was utterly false. nd i pointed that out

i don't understand why u must be biased if u aren't getting any benefit..
P22 is an okay processor with better cpu performance dan SD450, hw can u claim it was used in 2016 if nt dat he's biased?

Do you have any proof that he his under Xiaomi payroll because that's not the first time you are throwing around that accusation.

Also he might be wrong about the four years but they do it. Infinix hot 4 and hot 5 used the same Chipset, if I can remember well hot 6 except hot 6x. Tecno Camon 11 Pro,. Camon 12 and 12 Pro and Camon 15 same Helio P22, isn't that 3 generations?

Xiaomi have used a Processor more than once but rarely on an upgrade to another successor apart from SD 636 on RN5 aand RN6 Pro which we slammed them here for and SD 436 on R7a and R8a it is quite rare. But three generations and it been present in every lineup be it Tecno Camon, Spark, Infinix Hot, Note, Smart, is a bummer when there are array of processors they can use even in Mediatek line up

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 01, 2020
Hello everyone. I just joined the MI family FINALLY. Any thing I should know? I got redmi 8. I downloaded camera pc idk if that's gcam. Got it from compilation thread. I can't find fonts on the phone. Any tricks I should note. Anything at all. I like this phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 2:15pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

Do you have any proof that he his under Xiaomi payroll because that's not the first time you are throwing around that accusation.

Also he might be wrong about the four years but they do it. Infinix hot 4 and hot 5 used the same Chipset, if I can remember well hot 6 except hot 6x. Tecno Camon 11 Pro,. Camon 12 and 12 Pro and Camon 15 same Helio P22, isn't that 3 generations?

Xiaomi have used a Processor more than once but rarely on an upgrade to another successor apart for SD 636 on RN5 aand RN6 Pro which we slammed them here for and R7a and R8a it is quite rare. But three generations and it been present in every lineup be it Tecno Camon, Spark, Infinix Hot, Note, Smart, is a bummer when there are array of processors they can use even in Mediatek line up
I'm an infinix marketer nd u ppl can't spoil my business

we both knw wot we're doing na wink
Still doesn't change d fact dat if ure needy lyk most Nigerians..
Transsion is ur choice, if u over do ure on ur own

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 2:16pm On May 01, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Hello everyone. I just joined the MI family FINALLY. Any thing I should know? I got redmi 8. I downloaded camera pc idk if that's gcam. Got it from compilation thread. I can't find fonts on the phone. Any tricks I should note. Anything at all. I like this phone
must u tell us??

use ur phone in peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (7157) (7158) (7159) (7160) (7161) (7162) (7163) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.