Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9156362 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7249) (7250) (7251) (7252) (7253) (7254) (7255) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 17, 2020
lemme flaunt my homepage

dark matter icon pack
nova launcher
starry sky theme
oduda font
sesame shortcut
telsa unread
chronus weather widget

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 9:17pm On May 17, 2020
Betnomore:
The guy no later sell am to me ooo. After agreeing, he just informed me he sold it to someone else

You'll get better one jare.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 9:25pm On May 17, 2020
segunmelvin1:
lemme flaunt my homepage

dark matter icon pack
nova launcher
starry sky theme
oduda font
sesame shortcut
telsa unread
chronus weather widget

Abeg link to this ya theme
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2020
HowGlorious:

D battery of this phone don suffer, no way to dissipate heat while charging n gaming and even for hot weather as stated by Olanreyman
I don't game bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 9:32pm On May 17, 2020
yak:

I have used 5 screen protectors on my RN7 and it's just 10 months old. I'm not buying again
LMAO
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 9:41pm On May 17, 2020
Please, does Xiaomi has a stand at SHopRite, Ikeja?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 17, 2020
freeAgent99:

Abeg link to this ya theme
just search the name on the theme app
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 9:55pm On May 17, 2020
segunmelvin1:
just search the name on the theme app

My search results...
Applied the first one but not getting the expected looks and effect

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adaobi810(f): 9:55pm On May 17, 2020
Onitsha residents, how do you guys
Get your own redmni phones,I want redmni note 8,I don't know how to go about it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:05pm On May 17, 2020
yak:

I have used 5 screen protectors on my RN7 and it's just 10 months old. I'm not buying again
and i have only used 2 TG on my nearly 2yrs RN5,not that the first one was bad but because i felt like changing it to a more fitting one

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by reaky(m): 10:11pm On May 17, 2020
Adaobi810:

Cc Azenkwu
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:19pm On May 17, 2020
Adaobi810:

Fine Brothers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 17, 2020
freeAgent99:

My search results...
Applied the first one but not getting the expected looks and effect
delete the theme u wrote at the and search starry sky only
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adaobi810(f): 10:28pm On May 17, 2020
genius43:

Please where is fine brothers located at onitsha ?

Fine Brothers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thelucifer666(m): 10:42pm On May 17, 2020
segunmelvin1:
lemme flaunt my homepage

dark matter icon pack
nova launcher
starry sky theme
oduda font
sesame shortcut
telsa unread
chronus weather widget
Idk if it's just me but this look irritating to my eyes.
Too many scattered software's.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 10:46pm On May 17, 2020
micxwell:
cheesy Na nice phone o. Try it wink grin tongue

This is almost a 100% replica of the RN9s in terms of design. Only difference being the positioning and arrangement of the cameras and the punch hole..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2020
Thelucifer666:

Idk if it's just me but this look irritating to my eyes.
Too many scattered software's.

Likewise... Nothing enticing at all. Its too clustered

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adaobi810(f): 10:48pm On May 17, 2020
Fine Brothers.
[Do fine brothers have a branch at onitsha?,how do i get to them]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thelucifer666(m): 10:52pm On May 17, 2020
madgoat:

Likewise... Nothing enticing at all. Its too clustered
Swears
I prefer my mine with as little apps as possible

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 10:57pm On May 17, 2020
Vibesking:

I've been using my RN7 for almost a year now without any screen protector and I've not had a single scratch on the screen!

However, as a new user back then, I was very cautious of my device. I didn't wanna take chances even though the manufacturer explicitly stated the phone came with a Gorilla Glass 5 (the best back then as far as durability is concerned).

So I opted to get a screen protector during the first month I bought the device. I ordered from AliExpress and the tempered glass arrived in a few weeks.

I was glad. At least my device would have extra protection. But unfortunately, my excitement was short-lived.

As I was about putting the tempered glass on, it broke! I dunno how it happened but it broke even before I had the opportunity to have it settled on my phone screen.

Apparently, the tempered glass I was hoping would protect my phone was even more fragile than Cabin biscuit.

I thought about getting another tempered glass. But once bitten, twice shy. So I said screw it! Ama use my device with no screen guard whatsoever.

It's been almost 12 months and I and my phone have lived happily ever after since then.

The weird stuff is, my phone still looks like it was bought yesterday! I would love to applaud my cautiousness, but I don't think I'm really that careful.

I sleep on it mistakenly [sometimes]. My female friends take it away for hours for photos and movies. It has fallen from a transit. It has dropped from my hands [countlessly]. It's been mistakenly thrown to a wall.

Behold, my RN7 liveth on. NO SCRATCH on the screen! Probably I'm just lucky.

However, here's my final verdict: If your screen takes a hit than it can bear, it will crack! Tempered glass or no tempered glass.

The Gorilla Glass 5 is solid. It can withstand a considerably strong hit and even repel scratches (I can attest to this). As for tempered glass, in whatever variation they come, they offer no real protection for your device. You're better off using your device without one.

Spot on bro. This is exactly what i have been saying. My fone is a living testimony too. Tampered glass only offers an illusion of protection and nothing in reality. Once the force is hard enough, the screen will crack whether it has tampered glass or not. All those forces that crack the tampered glass without cracking the screen is because the force was not hard enough to have affected the screen in the first place.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 11:16pm On May 17, 2020
segunmelvin1:
delete the theme u wrote at the and search starry sky only

Same result.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 11:16pm On May 17, 2020
segunmelvin1:
lemme flaunt my homepage

dark matter icon pack
nova launcher
starry sky theme
oduda font
sesame shortcut
telsa unread
chronus weather widget

U just want people waiting for rn9s to be crying. God will judge o!

Though it's not my kind of setup, i can see that a lot of careful planning went into it. It's the kind of setup my partner will probably like
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 11:21pm On May 17, 2020
Vibesking:

I've been using my RN7 for almost a year now without any screen protector and I've not had a single scratch on the screen!

However, as a new user back then, I was very cautious of my device. I didn't wanna take chances even though the manufacturer explicitly stated the phone came with a Gorilla Glass 5 (the best back then as far as durability is concerned).

So I opted to get a screen protector during the first month I bought the device. I ordered from AliExpress and the tempered glass arrived in a few weeks.

I was glad. At least my device would have extra protection. But unfortunately, my excitement was short-lived.

As I was about putting the tempered glass on, it broke! I dunno how it happened but it broke even before I had the opportunity to have it settled on my phone screen.

Apparently, the tempered glass I was hoping would protect my phone was even more fragile than Cabin biscuit.

I thought about getting another tempered glass. But once bitten, twice shy. So I said screw it! Ama use my device with no screen guard whatsoever.

It's been almost 12 months and I and my phone have lived happily ever after since then.

The weird stuff is, my phone still looks like it was bought yesterday! I would love to applaud my cautiousness, but I don't think I'm really that careful.

I sleep on it mistakenly [sometimes]. My female friends take it away for hours for photos and movies. It has fallen from a transit. It has dropped from my hands [countlessly]. It's been mistakenly thrown to a wall.

Behold, my RN7 liveth on. NO SCRATCH on the screen! Probably I'm just lucky.

However, here's my final verdict: If your screen takes a hit than it can bear, it will crack! Tempered glass or no tempered glass.

The Gorilla Glass 5 is solid. It can withstand a considerably strong hit and even repel scratches (I can attest to this). As for tempered glass, in whatever variation they come, they offer no real protection for your device. You're better off using your device without one.
wow, your phone get 9 lives o. I removed my phone's screen guard and decided to test it's durability and lo and behold I shattered it with my bare hands! something that was supposed to protect my device!
las las always consider your device fragile and handle it with care.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 11:26pm On May 17, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:
Why buy a RN8 pro when you can buy a RN9s for less. I bought mine off Jumia for 73k (4gb ram, 64gb rom) before it went out of stock. It’s said to be delivered on or before July 1st due to Covid-19.
the camera on the redmi note 8 pro is better

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 11:31pm On May 17, 2020
Timiflexi:

I just got a note 8 pro and it can be very bumpy without a case
where did you get yours, and price please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nonsoco80(m): 11:35pm On May 17, 2020
My homescreen. Still learning this phone small small. The battery na die ooo.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 11:38pm On May 17, 2020
Betnomore:
As I no see redmi phone buy, transsion phone just dey whisper into my ears. I bind any form of transsion from coming to my mind
Check the Xiaomi store on NL

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:55pm On May 17, 2020
chloride6:
Nawa ooh, so no one in Lagos can sell me QC 3.0 charger wall adapter and car charger.
i have the 2 if you can waybill from Ibadan to Lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store/487#89638594
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 11:57pm On May 17, 2020
Nonsoco80:
My homescreen. Still learning this phone small small. The battery na die ooo.

Default launcher things. But wait o, how many browsers are u pipu using sef!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 12:06am On May 18, 2020
surely22:

you be fighter for Wrestlemania 24 na cheesy

you be fighter for Wrestlemania 24 na

I have a one and half yr old boy that is too smart for his age. Baby Peniel drags phone with me as if we contribute money buy the phone

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 12:48am On May 18, 2020
Betnomore:
Got a deal for redmi 8a. Besides the memory, is there any other difference and what other cons. Does glo 4g work well with it also? Feedback will be highly appreciated

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 12:56am On May 18, 2020
genius43:

Dual app na
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7249) (7250) (7251) (7252) (7253) (7254) (7255) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.