Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9139780 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7282) (7283) (7284) (7285) (7286) (7287) (7288) ... (9312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:15am On May 23, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Ok. It's all good bro. Me dey whine am ni. You should have seen it in my posts.

Apologies to anyone offended by our posts
Let's stop the whining, since some dont appreciate it. Subtle jabs and insults like sarcasm or vice versa has been an issue here.
Let's try and do without them.

Stay safe and how we de kill that ram tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 11:25am On May 23, 2020
Bahddo:
you just want to play the devil's advocate. Ordinarily I should ignore, but you are too smart for this stance you are taking.

How does this part not mean there aren't other ways to find out?

Add that this part...
he literally said no sensible tech person would consider the MTK chipset because source code is not released and they know the chipset IS JUST holding down every such phone.

I wonder what you think you are defending (don't pretend to sit on the fence). That custom ROMs helps you determine a phone's performance? That no sensible tech person considers the MTK chipset? (yeah, OEM workers are senseless or non-techie)

You really should have kept quiet instead.

But how will i get in trouble if I don't look for it. smiley
It's saturday afterall.

Honestly though, I wasn't defending anyone. I thought I saw what I thought I saw and I just leapt into it because.. why not!
Maybe I'm defending iphone sha. Oh wait, that would put me on your side.
See? I'm just stumbling around.

I hope you pipu have shaa agreed to disagree or something

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:45am On May 23, 2020
Darlinx01:
the major con of mediatek chipsets that needs sorting out are the fact that you cant get gcam easily with them. But trust me it doesn't totally make dem useless. They used to have a bad reputation b4, but they have been doing great recently. Some mediatek processors outperforms some mid-range snapdragon processors we boast with today. The fact ppl laugh when they hear mediatek shows how shortsighted nigerians are. Its nt really abt using snapdragon or mediatek, its more abt the quality of ur chipset. Beside qualcomm is just fucking costly with some overrated chipsets

No bro, GCam is not the major con of MTK SoCs, Non GPL compliance is. I would explain it, but you're better off heading to XDA to see how Devs complain about it.

Apart from custom ROM Devs, from what I understand, it also has a problem when it comes to Android updates. With new iterations of Android versions, they need new drivers for those feature implementation. Mediatek doesn't regularly update those drivers, instead the OEMs have to hash together the necessary drivers by themselves which is why most OEMs just try to avoid these hassles by going with Qualcomm.

MTK Dimensity series are the hottest on the market right now, even Huawei will soon start releasing devices using Mediatek SoCs.

For more info,

https://www.xda-developers.com/mediatek-source-code-release-no-plans/amp/ (I implore you to go through the comment section as well).

Happy Weekend.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hyinkar97(m): 11:46am On May 23, 2020
NONNYG:
I'm about updating mine, hope all is well
None at all boss
Tiger2020:
was that your first time updating your phone
Nah. But the first time I had the phone in my view all through the process
abdsamad:

And now you know why you should always download a tv series on your laptop b4 updating your phone. Just hit update and go and watch tv in order to avoid unnecessary hospital admission cool
Lmao. Noted cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hyinkar97(m): 11:47am On May 23, 2020
atheistandproud:

That'll be probably July. I'm no hurry sha.

I even value the MIUI updates more than the Android 10 sef. I'm already enjoying the features of the Android 10, what else am I looking for?
You no lie. Most of Android 10 features (if not all)are already present on MIUI 11

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abiolag(m): 11:50am On May 23, 2020
Timiflexi:

Same here oooo
2 weeks as well
I'm coming from a Tecno pourvoir 2
Before I would open games go and piss and come back before games open

But u look down and look up and note 8pro don load game finish
from which store did u got it and at wot price? planning to get either this or just note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eness(m): 11:51am On May 23, 2020
[quote author=abiolag post=89856322]
thanks for both responses. I'll be waiting for it. hope u are enjoying ur new machine

the address on the invoice is not detailed like that jhare
but if you re entering through iyana ipaja side wen u get down at ikeja enter the computer village market, walk down a little ur first turning by the right where the traffic warden have there stand, ie after the BRT terminus the 3rd shop or so Edge Base is the name of the shop

there contact isn't on the invoice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:52am On May 23, 2020
jboixxx:
Let's stop the whining, since some dont appreciate it. Subtle jabs and insults like sarcasm or vice versa has been an issue here.
Let's try and do without them.

Stay safe and how we de kill that ram tomorrow?

Till Eid-il-Kabir.

Na Chicken we dey kill for this one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 12:02pm On May 23, 2020
olayinkajnr:

The lockdown didn't allow me to get mine. I need it for just two things.

Reading and playing FMT. The tablet I have here na big for nothing. Teclast M30 with a boiling ring MTK chipset.
This Corona really distorted things o
Sorry man!
The mi pad 4 tab is really good... You'll gbadun the tab
Lol the way you described the m30 tablet is quite funny lol
There's this Tecno tab I was using as my major driver... The tab got so slow ehnnn even tortoise is way faster than the tab.

Hopefully the lockdown be over in full soonest so you obtain the tab
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dasanchez1(m): 12:03pm On May 23, 2020
NONNYG:
Redm Note 7

I was greeted with this pop up today
Download the full ROM and flash.. it's 1.9GB by the way.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Naruto2(m): 12:17pm On May 23, 2020
Please which Xiaomi phone plays PUBG in 60fx..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 12:17pm On May 23, 2020
Bahddo:
you just want to play the devil's advocate. Ordinarily I should ignore, but you are too smart for this stance you are taking.

How does this part not mean there aren't other ways to find out?

Add that this part...
he literally said no sensible tech person would consider the MTK chipset because source code is not released and they know the chipset IS JUST holding down every such phone.

I wonder what you think you are defending (don't pretend to sit on the fence). That custom ROMs helps you determine a phone's performance? That no sensible tech person considers the MTK chipset? (yeah, OEM workers are senseless or non-techie)

You really should have kept quiet instead.

Flash custom rom (MIUI or aosp), flash custom kernel and unlock the power of any chipset/ phone.

Even Apple deliberately sends update to slow than the power of old phones so that users can buy new ones.

Until you have tried it, nothing will make sense to you

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 12:18pm On May 23, 2020
xoftxoul:

This Corona really distorted things o
Sorry man!
The mi pad 4 tab is really good... You'll gbadun the tab
Lol the way you described the m30 tablet is quite funny lol
There's this Tecno tab I was using as my major driver... The tab got so slow ehnnn even tortoise is way faster than the tab.

Hopefully the lockdown be over in full soonest so you obtain the tab

I'll definitely get it.

My own tab is 7500mah but the battery no live up to expectation due to the 20nm Helio X27 decacore processor. Although the only reason I'm not really bothered is that no be me use my money buy am. It's official.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:51pm On May 23, 2020
lilshevy:
Wait it seems the A1 performance in PES 2020 ANDROID has been upgraded. In fact, winning a match now seems harder for me, does anyone notice that?

Say hello to Momentum AI upgrade. E don tay na. Since last year sef.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 1:00pm On May 23, 2020
Hyinkar97:

Nah. But the first time I had the phone in my view all through the process
oh,its mostly like that recently
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 1:37pm On May 23, 2020
olayinkajnr:

I'll definitely get it.

My own tab is 7500mah but the battery no live up to expectation due to the 20nm Helio X27 decacore processor. Although the only reason I'm not really bothered is that no be me use my money buy am. It's official.

I am actually looking for a cheap tablet for reading and Netflix. I was watching TechTablets and he reviews some nice Teclast tabs. Much newer M series though. Might get one if it's cheap enough.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 1:38pm On May 23, 2020
This phone will shake many Snapdragon tables..

Tempting

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 1:51pm On May 23, 2020
festwiz:

I am actually looking for a cheap tablet for reading and Netflix. I was watching TechTablets and he reviews some nice Teclast tabs. Much newer M series though. Might get one if it's cheap enough.

Bro, my experience with this M30 just from 2018 I guess is a testament to the fact that those reviewers are biased. The metal build is nice though and the resolution. Asides that, bro I won't advice you to get a teclast tablet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 1:55pm On May 23, 2020
Mrviktor:
This phone will shake many Snapdragon tables..

Tempting

Midrange SoC tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Timiflexi: 1:57pm On May 23, 2020
ladykilllar:

Haha though i have never used or fancied tecno and the likes, i know what it is to have a slow and annoying device. Gotten a suitable gcam yet or you weren't the one asking?

Yeah
TriCamera
It's just there
Think the stock camera is better
Issue is I havent figured out how to do the config file thing
Thanks though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 1:59pm On May 23, 2020
Jemerson:

Flash custom rom (MIUI or aosp), flash custom kernel and unlock the power of any chipset/ phone.

Even Apple deliberately sends update to slow than the power of old phones so that users can buy new ones.

Until you have tried it, nothing will make sense to you
been there, done that. There was a time I was obsessed with trying out different custom ROMs, changing fonts (it wasn't as straightforward in many devices as it is today) and I believed (and even used to brag) that I can't ever use an unrooted phone again.

Custom ROMs have their advantages, for those who are interested. However, it was not, is not, and will never be a benchmark for determining if your phone/chipset is powerful or not. If you want to know that, subject it to 'real load' and see how it performs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Timiflexi: 2:05pm On May 23, 2020
abiolag:

from which store did u got it and at wot price? planning to get either this or just note 8

Akfas in agbara, Lagos state
98k500h
128gb
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 2:17pm On May 23, 2020
Jemerson:

Midrange SoC tongue

Mmmm with 400k on antutu.

40% better than note 8 pro

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 2:21pm On May 23, 2020
Bahddo:
been there, done that. There was a time I was obsessed with trying out different custom ROMs, changing fonts (it wasn't as straightforward in many devices as it is today) and I believed (and even used to brag) that I can't ever use an unrooted phone again.

Custom ROMs have their advantages, for those who are interested. However, it was not, is not, and will never be a benchmark for determining if your phone/chipset is powerful or not. If you want to know that, subject it to 'real load' and see how it performs.

Even in present times, flashing custom ROMs aren't easy, starting with bootloader unlocking, and various Anti-rollback issues.

But then You get different AnTuTu scores on stock ROM compared to custom roms(MIUI or aosp)

At least there are people here running stock and custom rom. Let's drop AnTuTu scores and compare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 2:21pm On May 23, 2020
Jemerson:

Midrange SoC tongue

Fear God nah

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 2:22pm On May 23, 2020
Mrviktor:

Is note 8 pro flagship? Or you just want to troll yourself?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousey: 2:23pm On May 23, 2020
festwiz:

An Amazon Kindle fire should do, right? You should be able to get this at computer village

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 2:24pm On May 23, 2020
Mrviktor:

the Dimensity 820 performance is also only surpassed by 855, 855+ and 865 in the SD lineup, according to Antutu.

Remains to be seen what it can truly do in a device though. Let's hope they aren't cheating again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abiolag(m): 2:25pm On May 23, 2020
[quote author=Eness post=89870233][/quote] thanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 2:25pm On May 23, 2020
Elslim:

Fear God nah

Oh...i forget say mtk no dey any flagship device

(1) (2) (3) ... (7282) (7283) (7284) (7285) (7286) (7287) (7288) ... (9312) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.