Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9153545 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7381) (7382) (7383) (7384) (7385) (7386) (7387) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:48am On Jun 15, 2020
TheBulusNotes:

I recommend Apple Music

Spotify can only be used in a foreign country for 14 days max

unless you wish to use vpn forever

This is untrue. If you get the apk,it will work fine without VPN.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 8:52am On Jun 15, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Actually you just need a VPN to sign in and unless you need premium, you'll need it to renew the monthly subscription.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:55am On Jun 15, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

Actually you just need a VPN to sign in and unless you need premium, you'll need it to renew the monthly subscription.

Well I have a premium account that I share with my sister. She just downloaded the apk and she signed in without a VPN( she doesn't even know the meaning of VPN in the first place). You can sign in without a VPN.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ddjay: 8:57am On Jun 15, 2020
But have you guys observed that, this thread has not made the 1st to 3rd spot on the phone section despite the much comments, but infinix is either 1st or second with nothing happening, its like the traffic of this thread is been manipulated

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:58am On Jun 15, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:

Yeah, now we wait .....airports open on 21st

That never stopped cargo planes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:01am On Jun 15, 2020
TheBulusNotes:
Patiently Waiting for Redmi 10x Pro 5G

It's good to be back on Nairaland

You are waiting for a China exclusive phone. That phone is so not coming this way. If you need it find a way to get it from China. It isn't even on Aliexpress as we speak.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Well I have a premium account that I share with my sister. She just downloaded the apk and she signed in without a VPN( she doesn't even know the meaning of VPN in the first place). You can sign in without a VPN.
When I found out I wasn't able to use it, I just jejely went for Apple Music and those one's they do pay 1 for 3 months wella
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2020
This is really good... Enjoy your beast once it arrives...

WHITELIGHTER:
Just got this for 27k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 9:11am On Jun 15, 2020
ddjay:
But have you guys observed that, this thread has not made the 1st to 3rd spot on the phone section despite the much comments, but infinix is either 1st or second with nothing happening, its like the traffic of this thread is been manipulated
The ones you see above it are pinned thread, that goes to tell you how toxic the mod in the phone section is? wink

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2020
Kallmerb:
not good for a 5020mah battery.... Imagine even on H+

Pics.. Almost 2hrs on 4G
You no dey ever disappoint.

Redmi 8 > Redmi note 9s abi na

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 15, 2020
hardeycute:

you have started again.... Nothing go kill you if u behave mature ooo....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 9:35am On Jun 15, 2020
hardeycute:

Word! word!!

Don't leave me
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 15, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Exactly, in another 6 months there will be a shiny new redmi note phone launched.
thats the painful sad truth... Who know by december we may be on Redmi 11
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by moscow406(m): 9:37am On Jun 15, 2020
drake49:
If i had known i would have waited to buy this note 9s... I just carry 104.5 buy note 8 pro
Actually, you didn't make a bad choice. The only significant differences are the 500mAH battery difference, design, side mounted fingerprint sensor and punch hole camera. Note 8pro has better gaming performance (yes you can browse about it from different platforms), better camera pixels, and you get to upgrade to the coveted android 10.

You see most phone brands release mid range phones that give very little to no difference because they know it will be affordable and won't want to make the previous one stale(think Tecno and Infinix although Xiaomi is way better). The only real upgrade you get is after 2 years or on high end phones. Rock your phone well bro, don't regret it...I might just get the Note 8 pro sef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2020
Kallmerb:

Pics.. Almost 2hrs on 4G

Lol, Una go just dey make people feel bad about their devices.. Nothing wrong with having 11hrs SOT on his device.. I use Redmi note 7 and I normally get 8hrs SOT on heavy browsing and 13 hrs while watching movies only and that's fine. SOT is dependent on many factors.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:44am On Jun 15, 2020
Thazard:
Hi guys, how much would it cost to get a new charger for my Redmi 8a(The head only)?

Location; Asaba
If you're not in a hurry, you can buzz me for FloveMe 2.4A dual port for 2000 and delivery for 350.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11624796_cc_jpeg5cdc65da8548527916aeb477ca05d47f
WhatsApp me →here←
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by osic(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2020
TheBulusNotes:

I recommend Apple Music

Spotify can only be used in a foreign country for 14 days max

unless you wish to use vpn forever

I use Spotify and it's even a family plan. I don't use VPN

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 10:00am On Jun 15, 2020
Paruz1015:
Comparison between

1. XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 8 PRO vs XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9S

2. XIAOMI REDMI NOT E 8 PRO Vs. XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 PRO

VERDICT: NOTE 8 PRO IS A BEAST

grin grin grin I can't stop laughing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 10:07am On Jun 15, 2020
Ziyech:

Lol, Una go just dey make people feel bad about their devices..
No, he only wants to feel good that his Redmi 8 is better.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 10:16am On Jun 15, 2020
ladykilllar:

Is the camera of the RN9s that cool?

RN9s is a huge upgrade of RN8.
I have both device.

RN9pro is slightly an upgrade of RN8pro
Both Cameras are the same but RN9pro has better cam features.
RN8pro has a good GPU, RN9pro has a better CPU
RN8pro is power consuming, RN9pro has a good power management.
RN9pro charges faster.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Codedzng: 10:50am On Jun 15, 2020
Kallmerb:

Pics.. Almost 2hrs on 4G

Phones with Big screen consume more battery than those with small.
That's the reason
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2020
Ziyech:

SOT is dependent on many factors.
Naxo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ChiefZaddy: 10:58am On Jun 15, 2020
Hello house, when will Redmi 9A be released?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:00am On Jun 15, 2020
Codedzng:

Phones with Big screen consume more battery than those with small.
That's the reason

Also phones with higher resolution. So using a smaller screen with HD+ resolution to compare a bigger screen with a FHD+ resolution is not balanced.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 11:03am On Jun 15, 2020
Kallmerb:

Pics.. Almost 2hrs on 4G
Calm down. I also have almost 2hrs on 4G with 7hrs since last charged with 93% left. RN9s

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 11:03am On Jun 15, 2020
moscow406:

Actually, you didn't make a bad choice. The only significant differences are the 500mAH battery difference, design, side mounted fingerprint sensor and punch hole camera. Note 8pro has better gaming performance (yes you can browse about it from different platforms), better camera pixels, and you get to upgrade to the coveted android 10.

You see most phone brands release mid range phones that give very little to no difference because they know it will be affordable and won't want to make the previous one stale(think Tecno and Infinix although Xiaomi is way better). The only real upgrade you get is after 2 years or on high end phones. Rock your phone well bro, don't regret it...I might just get the Note 8 pro sef
thanks man�
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 11:04am On Jun 15, 2020
Pointek is selling the Redmi Note 9s 6/128gb variant for #95,000

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hollusilva28(m): 11:19am On Jun 15, 2020
losdiose:
Pointek is selling the Redmi Note 9s 6/128gb variant for #95,000
what about 4/64 variant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2020
PrettyBunny:

I know how it feels tho..But, the Note 8 pro isn't a bad one too..It's a beast on it's own like you said..

Just enjoy it as it is and when the time comes, you can upgrade to a better one.. All na same bro..

Stay safe and stay blessed..

What's up? When are you doing your RN9s review?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 11:47am On Jun 15, 2020
moscow406:

After using phones with side mounted finger print for like 4 months, I can tell you that it's not an advantage. In fact it's a disadvantage. I prefer the back mounted or in display at the front.

Countless number of times, I find myself mistakenly unlocking my phone while just holding it. Most time this happens, I end up dialing a number without knowing. I haven't been able to devise a way to prevent this.

The side mounted finger print is fast. Apart from this issue, there's no other flaw I have observed.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheBulusNotes(m): 11:47am On Jun 15, 2020
fibonacci2526:

That's what I believe before
Did it
After 14 days I was locked out because I was using it in a foreign country

Wanted using Deezer but their app is still buggy and YouTube Music is thrash,,, so I switched to apple music. No regrets
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheBulusNotes(m): 11:49am On Jun 15, 2020
genius43:

You are waiting for a China exclusive phone. That phone is so not coming this way. If you need it find a way to get it from China. It isn't even on Aliexpress as we speak.

Good things come to those who wait

I am not in a rush

Every phone that launches in China eventually makes it Global

Like I said I am not in a rush

(1) (2) (3) ... (7381) (7382) (7383) (7384) (7385) (7386) (7387) ... (9314) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.