Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9161130 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7734) (7735) (7736) (7737) (7738) (7739) (7740) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2020
It's getting hard to drop this RN5..I just watched YouTube reviews and most of these new Xiaomi phones (Note 9s,RN8 pro and mi note 10 lite) don't come with LED flash for selfie camera, that's something i use a lot.That screen flash isn't too sharp for selfies like LED flash...Maybe i will just be using my thing jeje.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rayliousity(m): 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
Mironak:
But you can't see "font panel" on Nigeria Region bro
i know

But is not compulsory for changing font
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
queenfav:
It's getting hard to drop this RN5..I just watched YouTube reviews and most of these new Xiaomi phones (Note 9s,RN8 pro and mi note 10 lite) don't come with LED flash for selfie camera, that's something i use a lot.That screen flash isn't too sharp for selfies like LED flash...Maybe i will just be using my thing jeje.

They still outperform the RN5 in selfies to be honest. With Night Mode or Gcam Night Sight, you will be ashamed to bring out your RN5.

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mironak(m): 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
Fuckdem:
this is actually working but is there any disadvantages?
I don't think there's any disadvantages. Enabling "Remove animations" only reduces the workload of the phone and makes it run faster.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2020
genius43:

They still outperform the RN5 in selfies to be honest. With Night Mode or Gcam Night Sight, you will be ashamed to bring out your RN5.
lol, serious?I watched one indian youtuber,if you see how he bashed the phone eh.That the front camera at night doesn't take good shots.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2020
queenfav:
lol, serious?I watched one indian youtuber,if you see how he bashed the phone eh.That the front camera at night doesn't take good shots.

Indians? Here we go. If an Indian tell me don't follow there, follow this way. I will go with the place he said I shouldn't follow. They can never be satisfied.

The same RN5 they still bash every now and then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
queenfav:
Well dats true, the front camera perform poorly at night definitely due to lack of flash, but the back camera ehn mad gan, d flash go calm down capture the picture well
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
genius43:

Indians? Here we go. If an Indian tell me don't follow there, follow this way. I will go with the place he said I shouldn't follow. They can never be satisfied.

my thoughts exactly.Dem sabi complain for miui forum.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
techmaster092:

Well dats true, the front camera perform poorly at night definitely due to lack of flash, but the back camera ehn mad gan, d flash go calm down capture the picture well
Yes,the back camera is dope!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Blankstare(m): 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
genius43:

Boss complements! how can I use my note8 as remote for appliances at home?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
Blankstare:

Boss complements! how can I use my note8 as remote for appliances at home?

Mi Remote is preinstalled on your phone, if doesn't have remote for your appliances, we have other third party apps like SURE(It's logo on playstore is white with SU at the top and RE at the down) or anymote. As long as your appliance uses IR input and not Bluetooth or WiFi like new smart TVs it should work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by error4040: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guys any heads up before I run this UPDATE?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
AlomoReloaded:
By the way, this recent update na real wa.... Real peace of mind scammer.... I did the update o, after doing it, na when I begin see the original nwii.... The phone was just comfortably rebooting on its own.... Never staying on..... It did it for almost 3hours, till it went to self autoreset. My chairmen, I had no other option o, I had to use the volume and power keys for navigation and selection, cos screen don go sabbatical... I had to click on the reset... I lost ALL MY DATA.... CONTACTS, BOOKS, PICTURES MESSAGES, EVERY DAMN THING. I was almost tempted to say I'm done with Redmi.... But it's actually hard to let go of true love. Btw, my phone is RN7. The phone now be like Virgin.... I had to start installing and downloading. It was painful. Abeg who had a bitter experience with this recent update Abi na only me.?

You see what I was saying the other day?

We have gone from "why is Xiaomi not pushing updates to my phone, this is unfair"

to

"See what this update has done to my phone, why did they even release this update?"

There is no need updating your phone if it is working fine. No need fixing what is not broken!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
error4040:
Guys any heads up before I run this UPDATE?

Update your phone.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Blankstare(m): 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
genius43:

Mi Remote is preinstalled on your phone, if doesn't have remote for your appliances, we have other third party apps like SURE(It's logo on playstore is white with SU at the top and RE at the down) or anymote. As long as your appliance uses IR input and not Bluetooth or WiFi like new smart TVs it should work.

It does have Mi remote, how do I proceed?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
queenfav:
Any genuine reasons why they didn't added the flash light? Even cheap transsion phones of 30k+ all have the flash light. Even the ones from 2016.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by J0nyb0y(m): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lock them to ram. That's how to fix it. And also enable autostart of the apps you use the most.

Yeah, they are locked to ram and I even enabled autostart but that doesn't seem to work. Some still get cleared
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
Idrismusty97:
Any genuine reasons why they didn't added the flash light? Even cheap transsion phones of 30k+ all have the flash light. Even the ones from 2016.

Lolz, have u looked at phone designs from then till now, even with the transsion phones u mentioned? My dear it's a design trend and there's no going back on it. Front facing flash is gone, let's move ahead......

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zainkay: 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
Mironak:
Please guys if your phone is hanging... Go to settings → Additional Settings → Accessibility → Remove Animation (Enable it).... Your phone will start running with the speed of light!!!! smiley Try it.
are there any effects of using this??it works
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
Idrismusty97:

No flagship even from 2016 has front flashlight, do midrange take better photo outputs than them, no.

The design won't accommodate a flashlight and phones with bright screen cover up for that.

Also think about it. Do you know the phones with best lowlight shots for even back camera using Night mode(Night Sight, Nightscape or whatever the OEM calls it) does it without flashlight?

Most times even my back flash light only serves as torch for me because I don't use it to take pictures. It ruins the details.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hakeem12(m): 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
genius43:

No flagship even from 2016 has flashlight, do midrange take better photo outputs than them, no.

The design won't accommodate a flashlight and phones with bright screen cover up for that.

Also think about it. Do you know the phones with best lowlight shots for even back camera using Night mode(Night Sight, Nightscape or whatever the OEM calls it) does it without flashlight?

Most times even my back flash light only serves as torch for Mr because I don't use it to take pictures. It ruins the details.
So true
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mironak(m): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
zainkay:
No
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2020
genius43:

No flagship even from 2016 has front flashlight, do midrange take better photo outputs than them, no.

Most times even my back flash light only serves as torch for me because I don't use it to take pictures. It ruins the details.
Thanks. This is enlightening.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nonsowhite(m): 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
Mironak:
Please guys if your phone is hanging... Go to settings → Additional Settings → Accessibility → Remove Animation (Enable it).... Your phone will start running with the speed of light!!!! smiley Try it.
Thanks man. I did this and noticed improvement in terms of speed and general performance. Hope there won't be any negative consequences sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OfficialGaGa(m): 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
abeg make ona nor vex oh... I wan buy something from iscom ... na confirm dude abi...
just to confirm .. nor be witch hunt.
thanks. cc genius 43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
New monikers don plenri for here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
OfficialGaGa:
abeg make ona nor vex oh... I wan buy something from iscom ... na confirm dude abi...
just to confirm .. nor be witch hunt.
thanks. cc genius 43
iscom is a legit seller
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
Mironak:
I don't think there's any disadvantages. Enabling "Remove animations" only reduces the workload of the phone and makes it run faster.
of course, it has disadvantage. If you used to have 2hrs battery life, it will reduce to 1.8hrs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
iKingsley:
of course, it has disadvantage. If you used to have 2hrs battery life, it will reduce to 1.8hrs
bro are u for real?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
zainkay:
battery life will reduce slightly. Just slightly grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OfficialGaGa(m): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
gidieberry:
iscom is a legit seller
thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
Fuckdem:
bro are u for real?
yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7734) (7735) (7736) (7737) (7738) (7739) (7740) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: suffy834(m), Crownfit01(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.