Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9154974 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7896) (7897) (7898) (7899) (7900) (7901) (7902) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tboydbrave(m): 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2020
Pls ooo. How much does it cost to repair screen on redmi 8a. Pls,it's urgent. Help a brother oo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2020
sagieramos:
I can only access my USB flash on system file manager, but it doesn't show up on x-plore. It says: "no supported petition was found". The same is true for every other file manager. Please how do I enable third party app to access my flash on RN8?

For Fat32 I prefer using stock manager the transfer speeds are faster than third party apps.

But for NTFS, I prefer Solid Explorer(You have to download the pro and install the OTG Plugin) or our good old Es Explorer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ugwumichael(m): 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2020
youngcizza:
pls i want to order one Xiaomi phone worth about 150+...how do you guys order phones from AliExpress with this dollar restrictions??
use Gt bank naira master card. The new monthly limit is $200
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by coatofwealth(m): 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2020
aysnoopy:

The reason I asked is because of some people that complain about some issues when they update dere phones

The ball is in your court o o o, play it as u like.... I won't waste time to update d phone, if I was in your shoe.

Before I forget, what are those issues that REDMI 9C users complain abt wen dey updated their respective phone.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aysnoopy(m): 9:42pm On Oct 13, 2020
coatofwealth:

The ball is in your court o o o, play it as u like.... I won't waste time to update d phone, if I was in your shoe.

Before I forget, what are those issues that REDMI 9C users complain abt wen dey updated their respective phone.

I didn't say Redmi 9c users have problems after update. I'm talking in general.
Someone people will say dere network started going on and off and so on
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
aysnoopy:

This phone came with MIUI 9 and see image for my current MIUI Version and I have been using this phone for over two years and I update as soon as I get a prompt.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by coatofwealth(m): 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2020
aysnoopy:

Mehn, that's network fluctuation na
My candy advice now is, PLS UPDATE YOUR FONE
Gud nyt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aysnoopy(m): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
genius43:

This phone came with MIUI 9 and see image for my current MIUI Version and I have been using this phone for over two years and I update as soon as I get a prompt.

Thanks. I'll do that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lmao. I kuku give up. The issue with most people is that, because they've never experienced something, then it can't happen. And if they are convinced that it can, they'll look for every reason why it can't happen.

Exactly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2020
Androlee:
Just 3 days

Distress sale.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sagieramos(m): 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2020
genius43:

For Fat32 I prefer using stock manager the transfer speeds are faster than third party apps.

But for NTFS, I prefer Solid Explorer(You have to download the pro and install the OTG Plugin) or our good old Es Explorer
I've installed Solid Explorer, still didn't show, but it indicated their was an available USB device

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 100naira(m): 10:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
I have joined bad gang officially

#Redmi 9 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:10pm On Oct 13, 2020
sagieramos:

I've installed Solid Explorer, still didn't show, but it indicated their was an available USB device

1. Did you download the pro version?

2. I clearly stated that you will need to install solid explorers OTG Plug-in go to Revdl and download solidexplorer pro along with its plugin pack.

Read and follow everything to the letter and not nit-pick
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sagieramos(m): 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
genius43:

1. Did you download the pro version?

2. I clearly stated that you will need to install solid explorers OTG Plug-in go to Revdl and download solidexplorer pro along with its plugin pack.

Read and follow everything to the letter and not nit-pick
I've done exactly what you started, but still getting the same error

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
sagieramos:

I've done exactly what you started, but still getting the same error

What format is your flash drive?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sagieramos(m): 11:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
genius43:

What format is your flash drive?
It's an SD card reader
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture(m): 11:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
Is there a wired Version of the redmi earbuds
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
sagieramos:
I can only access my USB flash on system file manager, but it doesn't show up on x-plore. It says: "no supported petition was found". The same is true for every other file manager. Please how do I enable third party app to access my flash on RN8?

Try to click on the root folder in xplore. Go to mnt/external_storage( or sdcard. I don't know what it's called. I've never used an external storage on mine). Probably if you can locate the mnt/(external_storage), you might be able to open it from there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:31am On Oct 14, 2020
sagieramos:

It's an SD card reader

It is FAT32 use file manager
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:31am On Oct 14, 2020
GreaterFuture:
Is there a wired Version of the redmi earbuds

No
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aysnoopy(m): 1:31am On Oct 14, 2020
coatofwealth and genius43
I've successfully update it but I still want to learn more about Xiaomi phones and the benefits of updating phones coz I see no changes after the update.
Can you tell me some of the benefits?
I'm just new to updating phones. Don't mind my amateur behaviour

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:59am On Oct 14, 2020
aysnoopy:
coatofwealth and genius43
I've successfully update it but I still want to learn more about Xiaomi phones and the benefits of updating phones coz I see no changes after the update.
Can you tell me some of the benefits?
I'm just new to updating phones. Don't mind my amateur behaviour

They most update your security level and other things they will never say in the change log. E.g my camera outputs got better from updates like this but they never stated it in the changelog.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aysnoopy(m): 2:06am On Oct 14, 2020
genius43:

They most update your security level and other things they will never say in the change log. E.g my camera outputs got better from updates like this but they never stated it in the changelog.

Thanks for your response.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 4:53am On Oct 14, 2020
stephinnoyewole:
@macbeyland came all through
Thanks for the freebies as well, God bless u bro
Thanks for the patronage and review Sir. Hoping to fulfill more of your orders.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 4:56am On Oct 14, 2020
sagieramos:

Try to install FULL VERSION Microsoft exFAT/NTFS by paragon software.

Ensure you install full version. Search google for it. Free version on playstore can't be used without watching video ads

Next install total commander file manager.

After installing both, insert your external drive/flash into your phone, launch the Paragon software and then click on MOUNT.

The rest is pretty easy. If you have trouble using the software, check google by typing both software names, article will come up showing how to use them.

The good thing i've noticed about this method is that you only have to do it once. After you've accessed your files on the flash, you can uninstall the apps and your normal file manager would be able to detect it without problems

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tboydbrave(m): 7:28am On Oct 14, 2020
macbeyland:

Thanks for the patronage and review Sir. Hoping to fulfill more of your orders.
Good morning bro. Pls I heard you handle redmi phones. Pls how much is redmi 8a screen n cost of repairs. Thanks sir.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Apake(m): 7:46am On Oct 14, 2020
ugwumichael:
use Gt bank naira master card. The new monthly limit is $200

$200 to naira is #76,200, which is still not yet the #150,00+ phone, he intends buying

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kamaye(m): 7:57am On Oct 14, 2020
tboydbrave:
Pls ooo. How much does it cost to repair screen on redmi 8a. Pls,it's urgent. Help a brother oo
It was 15k the last time I asked a seller here on Nairaland, contact MACBEYLAND for availability and price. if you have the patience to wait, you can purchase it from aliexpress for as low as 8k, then you can take it to a technician and fix it for you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 8:27am On Oct 14, 2020
youngcizza:
pls i want to order one Xiaomi phone worth about 150+...how do you guys order phones from AliExpress with this dollar restrictions??

Check my signature
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:27am On Oct 14, 2020
omoadeleye:

Check my signature

You too don join the tout gang.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2020
genius43:

You too don join the tout gang.

Yes oo bro, one way no enter market.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7896) (7897) (7898) (7899) (7900) (7901) (7902) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.