Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,342 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:46 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7911) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9052774 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7908) (7909) (7910) (7911) (7912) (7913) (7914) ... (9305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 19, 2020
My RN9 data connectivity and WiFi is damn slow/poor . I guess you can't get everything in a phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:38am On Oct 19, 2020
shoyemiayodeji:
My RN9 data connectivity and WiFi is damn slow/poor . I guess you can't get everything in a phone

What source did you use to judge WIFI?

If your ISP is slow your phone will not magically make it faster.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OlaBa: 11:00am On Oct 19, 2020
Xiaomi Redmi note 9 pro... Can't hear what the other person is saying on call unless I put it on speaker. How can I fix it please?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:01am On Oct 19, 2020
OlaBa:
Xiaomi Redmi note 9 pro... Can't hear what the other person is saying on call unless I put it on speaker. How can I fix it please?

Force restart your phone by holding the power button for 15 seconds.

Update your phone if you have pending updates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eidris01(m): 11:46am On Oct 19, 2020
jboixxx:
Redmi Go and Redmi 7A 16GB variant, but they're scarce commodities. grin grin

Just check Xiaomi Thread Store and see available offers that's very close.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2020
romeoetin:
Macbeyland

How much is the xaomi Mi 10 ultra? I'll like to get it here in Nigeria

Price don go up o. The person who paid me yesterday is really lucky. My supplier gave me a bombshell this morning.

8/256gb available @403k

12/256gb available @415k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2020
genius43:

What source did you use to judge WIFI?

If your ISP is slow your phone will not magically make it faster.

It's not. We use tizeti at home and I know how fast and efficient it's when others connect to it. If we connect at the same time, mine would be the one to connect last and also disconnect in between use. Gave out my former phone (Huawei) to my sister, that phone connectivity response is top notch and mind you it's a 2015 phone or thereabout Huawei p9lite
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
shoyemiayodeji:

It's not. We use tizeti at home and I know how fast and efficient it's when others connect to it. If we connect at the same time, mine would be the one to connect last and also disconnect in between use. Gave out my former phone (Huawei) to my sister, that phone connectivity response is top notch and mind you it's a 2015 phone or thereabout Huawei p9lite

I have never had such experiences and I use a much older Note device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ayobamizz: 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
OlaBa:

RN9 pro speaker is positioned almost on the top edge of the phone. Just learn how to place it well on your ear...that's all it takes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2020
genius43:

1. It is for Flagship.

2. Wireless Charging depletes Battery Life faster than Wired.

So don't get too excited.
Lol, obviously. Who Wan put 80W Wireless charging for midrange before.... Secondly, yes, Fast charge deplates battery more than wired... But it not as bad as people make it sound. If it was that terrible, no one would be opting in for the option. Nothing last forever, Fast Charge or Slow Charge, Las Las your battery go still move mad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2020
What the fvck is wrong with airtel? Been trying to access nairaland via chrome, opera and main browser for over 30minutes now to no avail. Had to switch to mtn, smh.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
tasonivan:
Lol, obviously. Who Wan put 80W Wireless charging for midrange before.... Secondly, yes, Fast charge deplates battery more than wired... But it not as bad as people make it sound. If it was that terrible, no one would be opting in for the option. Nothing last forever, Fast Charge or Slow Charge, Las Las your battery go still move mad

Note: I said wireless charging not fast Charging.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
Gptech:

Just collect one 256GB memory card use na, u nr need pay grin.

What if it gets corrupted? That's what scares me the most about memory cards. Just buy a phone with enough inbuilt storage to avoid stories that touch.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2020
Plead:

What if it gets corrupted? That's what scares me the most about memory cards. Just buy a phone with enough inbuilt storage to avoid stories that touch.
What if your phone crash or dem steal am? Abeg get original memory cards to reduce the risk.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2020
Gptech:

What if your phone crash or dem steal am? Abeg get original memory cards to reduce the risk.
Copy all your files to your computer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2020
Plead:

For those without PCs OTG.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tico1212(m): 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2020
Redmi note 8pro forsale 6gb ram 128gb rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2020
Plead:

This applies whether you use an SD card or not. Was actually expecting you to mention cloud storage wink.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2020
genius43:

For those without PCs OTG.
This saved me from huge data loss when my Redmi Note 2 was stolen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
Gptech:

This saved me from huge data loss when my Redmi Note 2 was stolen.
My memory card is for movies, office files and mini backup. Cloud, OTG and ext HDD are my main backup means.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hi guys. Long time.
I am here again cause I do not understand something.
I got two RN8 (black and blue) last December and since then I have noticed they are actually different.
Same ROM/RAM. Global ROM.
But they are different in-camera, graphics and also some setup.
The blue is very much better in all of this. They feel like they are different phones. I remember coming here to talk down on the camera of RN8, using (the black variant )and after a while, I came back to take my words back (using the blue).
I am using the black and I have since been 'managing' it like that. lol until I saw a black variant of the same phone with someone now and I decided to check (to confirm if it's wasn't just my phone). However, the phone also lacks in camera and graphics compared to the blue variant.

attached: 1&2
blue variant

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
different setup
1&2 blue
3&5 black

Same theme, settings, and even launcher. Trust me, I checked in and out.
Some of the pictures might not do justice to my observation cause they were sent via WhatsApp thereby losing their quality but I believe you can see some of the differences.
There are differences in texts, designs, graphics, camera, in everything. So I'm just wondering, how same phone can be different not only in colours but setups. E dey pain me sha cause the blue has the qualities I desire but I got the black (in colour) I wanted.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2020
Black

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2020
Black

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Odunharry(m): 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2020
postdigger:

My problem currently sad
Diggerman u de use redmi too??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2020
quivah:
different setup
1&2 blue
3&5 black

Same theme, settings, and even launcher. Trust me, I checked in and out.
Some of the pictures might not do justice to my observation cause they were sent via WhatsApp thereby losing their quality but I believe you can see some of the differences.
Same miui version? Well it's possible they used a different sensor for both devices, it happened with the Redmi note 4.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2020
Gptech:

Same miui version? Well it's possible they used a different sensor for both devices, it happened with the Redmi note 4.
Same. In fact, I had to update the phones to the same version hoping it will correct some of these things.
As for the sensor, na bad thing na. Onto the same price?! Who would have known. They should have kukuma told us the differences and then we decide which you go for. Tssswww
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2020
quivah:

Same. In fact, I had to update the phones to the same version hoping it will correct some of these things.
As for the sensor, na bad thing na. Onto the same price?! Who would have known. They should have kukuma told us the differences and then we decide which you go for. Tssswww
I just confirmed this issue on xda now. Indeed some persons are reporting different camera sensors, some Sony, some Samsung. To check yours follow this : Settings-My device-All specs-Kernel version( tap like 5 times repeatedly)-Software version.
You will see camera information.
s5kgm1 or s5kgm2 are Samsung isocell sensors
IMX582 is Sony sensor.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 7:43pm On Oct 19, 2020
Gptech:

I just confirmed this issue on xda now. Indeed some persons are reporting different camera sensors, some Sony, some Samsung. To check yours follow this : Settings-My device-All specs-Kernel version( tap like 5 times repeatedly)-Software version.
You will see camera information.
s5kgm1 or s5kgm2 are Samsung isocell sensors
IMX582 is Sony sensor.
For both variants with me, I saw s5kgm1.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2020
quivah:

Na b say na something else oooo, strange. Please snap similar objects with both phones at same period of time and upload again. Also ensure the camera is free of smudges before snapping.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2020
quivah:

Samsung GM1 48MP sensor. Same sensor on both RN7 and RN8.

Also check if both camera apps are using same settings and same modes (E.g AI and HDR ON/OFF)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OwoukoUrua(m): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
macbeyland:

Good evening sir, pls I'm interested in the Redmi9(NFC) deal.
My location: Ikot Ekpene/Uyo
Please indicate when you see this post so I can go ahead to contact you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7908) (7909) (7910) (7911) (7912) (7913) (7914) ... (9305) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.