Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,359 members, 7,780,981 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:49 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9052110 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8181) (8182) (8183) (8184) (8185) (8186) (8187) ... (9305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Goziesolar: 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2021
amnwa:
Abeg who on note 9s has done the 12.0.3 update. How's it like ? Is it stable?
I use the note 9 but I'm on 12.0.6
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 4:18pm On Feb 04, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2021
kingphilip:
Please help me with the link to the full ROM

Attached is my phone details

https:// bigota.d.miui. com/V11.0.9.0.QJCEUXM/miui_LANCELOTEEAGlobal_V11.0.9.0.QJCEUXM_239fd3ba13_10.0.zip

Remove spaces
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kingphilip(m): 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2021
genius43:

https:// bigota.d.miui. com/V11.0.9.0.QJCEUXM/miui_LANCELOTEEAGlobal_V11.0.9.0.QJCEUXM_239fd3ba13_10.0.zip

Remove spaces
thanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by postdigger(m): 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2021
genius43:

2 days was too early. There is still water in that phone take it for proper cleaning.
of course I did that the day I took it out, and all the water has been cleaned off yet it still does the same thing, should I consider the phone gone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
postdigger:
of course I did that the day I took it out, and all the water has been cleaned off yet it still does the same thing, should I consider the phone gone?

Not yet but I doubt if it is a software.

Cc: @Gptech.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2021
postdigger:
Please I'll make this brief, my redmi note9s fell into my toilet some days back I picked it up and kept it inside bag of rice for 2 days, when I brought it out I discovered the screen had issues but I recently got a new one. Now the phone problem I'm having is that, if I switch on the phone it keeps on rebooting continuously till the battery drains, even if it manages to reboot It won't display anything safe for the battery and network indicator till it reboots again.

A friend says it might be a software issue and requires flashing, but I don't know how to go about it because the guys here can't seem to flash redmi phones.

Please I need help.
give it to any engineer to check the power button.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by postdigger(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
OllyFair:
give it to any engineer to check the power button.

Thanks but I gave it to two different ones they said there's nothing wrong with it, should I try getting it replaced?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Benrichkid(m): 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
genius43:

Wipe Data and update your phone if there is any pending update.

Is this a Redmi 9a or 9C?

Thanks. I tried the wipe option and it worked but I was asked to log into the Google account I was using before I wiped the phone to conclude the setup. This is a bit strange cause the phone is not meant to hold any previous information from before it was wiped. Well, that is good cause it means the phone is useless when stolen. Don't know if you guys can throw more light on that.
My device is a redmi 9c. Just got it on Tuesday at slot, Ikeja for 50k. Wanted to get the 3gb + 64gb variant but it was out of stock in all stores I went so I ended up with the 2gb +32gb variant. Cool device so far
The reason my phone crashed earlier was because I tried to reduce my font and icons using developer setting that someone stated in the previous page. I increased the number to 700 instead of the 550 that the person stated hence, my peril. So just mind how you tweak your phones. Don't do what you don't know
You can rather search for display size under settings/additional settings/accessibility/vision and reduce it to XS.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EagleScope01: 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2021
Good evening fam
Pls who can enlighten me on the implications of deleting this folder in phone memory:
Phone memory--android--data
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2021
EagleScope01:
Good evening fam
Pls who can enlighten me on the implications of deleting this folder in phone memory:
don't delete it, that folder is like the database of almost all your installed Apps.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:08pm On Feb 04, 2021
EagleScope01:
Good evening fam
Is the folder disturbing you? Whatever you don't understand, just leave it o. Me don talk mine.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nu3L(m): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
Xfuzzy:

Battery lasts much longer now.

Is it the 12.0.3 with the security patch or the one of android 11?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oktane: 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hello Engineers in the house!

I currently use a Xiaomi Redmi 8 phone. It has MTN as sim 1 and 9mobile as Sim 2.

From date of purchase I have had complaints from my contacts and callers alike that they find it very difficult to reach me on the MTN sim.

I then wonder if any other Redmi 8 user has this experience or it has to do with my particular phone?

Sometimes calling out is not very straightforward as you have to call the number repeatedly before the calls rings.....a failure I ascribed to the MTN network inconsistency.

Pls advise!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
Benrichkid:

Thanks. I tried the wipe option and it worked but I was asked to log into the Google account I was using before I wiped the phone to conclude the setup. This is a bit strange cause the phone is not meant to hold any previous information from before it was wiped. Well, that is good cause it means the phone is useless when stolen. Don't know if you guys can throw more light on that.
My device is a redmi 9c. Just got it on Tuesday at slot, Ikeja for 50k. Wanted to get the 3gb + 64gb variant but it was out of stock in all stores I went so I ended up with the 2gb +32gb variant. Cool device so far
The reason my phone crashed earlier was because I tried to reduce my font and icons using developer setting that someone stated in the previous page. I increased the number to 700 instead of the 550 that the person stated hence, my peril. So just mind how you tweak your phones. Don't do what you don't know
You can rather search for display size under settings/additional settings/accessibility/vision and reduce it to XS.
But I warned! Peeps, be careful of what you tweak! Each phone with its own range! 550 might not work for RN9s even if it works for RN4!

Cc: Olayinkajnr

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FM19addict(m): 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2021
Benrichkid:

I thought jboixxx warned you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nu3L(m): 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2021
jboixxx:
But I warned! Peeps, be careful of what you tweak! Each phone with its own range! 550 might not work for RN9s even if it works for RN4!

To further reduce the display size
Settings- Accessibility- Vision - Display Size, move it from S to Xs

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2021
Benrichkid:

It is not strange and pretty normal especially if find my device is enabled.

You soft bricked your device yourself never go beyond 450 if your phone is a 720p display.

This is the reason oga Jboixxx asked the oga to be careful as he gives out that info.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:33pm On Feb 04, 2021
EagleScope01:
Good evening fam

If you know what is good for you leave that folder alone. It is because of people like you that they removed access to that folder on Android 11.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2021
jboixxx:

You warned them but they didn't hear.

720p display have a limit, 1080p also have a limit and Oga OlayinkaJnr once posted it here before.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrrespect(m): 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2021
Oktane:
Hello Engineers in the house!

I currently use a Xiaomi Redmi 8 phone. It has MTN as sim 1 and 9mobile as Sim 2.

From date of purchase I have had complaints from my contacts and callers alike that they find it very difficult to reach me on the MTN sim.

I then wonder if any other Redmi 8 user has this experience or it has to do with my particular phone?

Sometimes calling out is not very straightforward as you have to call the number repeatedly before the calls rings.....a failure I ascribed to the MTN network inconsistency.

Pls advise!

I use the same phone and I don't have such problem. Maybe network is poor in your area.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Benrichkid(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
jboixxx:

Oops... I didn't see any warning. Thank God it is fixed now

This was what I followed
Psychodavidovic:

Go to My specs >> All specs >> Keep tapping on the Miui Version till you see "No need, you're already a developer.

Go to settings > Additional Settings > Developer options >> Under the drawing category you'll see 'Smallest Width". Increase the number to get the font smaller and reduce to make it bigger (Took mine from 450dp to 550dp)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2021
genius43:

If you know what is good for you leave that folder alone. It is because of people like you that they removed access to that folder on Android 11.
Hahahahahaha. See something!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sam2310(m): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2021
Good evening, Please what can i do to this phone redmi 7. it normally switch off itself even if not in use.
cc jboixxx genius43

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2021
Adicsonbaba:
Redmi 8
For fr07
Take your ad to Xiaomi Thread Store. You saw a warning while typing that ad na.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kiaso(m): 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2021
Nu3L:

To further reduce the display size
Settings- Accessibility- Vision - Display Size, move it from S to Xs

What launcher is this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2021
Sam2310:
Good evening, Please what can i do to this phone redmi 7. it normally switch off itself even if not in use.
cc jboixfxx geniusr43
Hard restart x times or reinstall ROM.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damritoh(m): 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2021
genius43:

You are welcome. The person should avoid draining his/her battery.

Alright, thanks once again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EagleScope01: 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2021
genius43:

sajmark, jboixxx
Thank you. My RN7 3/32 dey always disturb me sey memory full. WhatsApp barely eats up 3 gb and I do delete my WhatsApp database daily.
Xender is set to mmc and my browser download folder is on mmc. The thng just tire me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2021
EagleScope01:

sajmark, jboixxx
Thank you. My RN7 3/32 dey always disturb me sey memory full. WhatsApp barely eats up 3 gb and I do delete my WhatsApp database daily.
Xender is set to mmc and my browser download folder is on mmc. The thng just tire me

just telling my wife I won't buy any phone that's less than 128GB. Even 3gb ram dey hang...

I don't know how ITEL users manage it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2021
yak:

just telling my wife I won't buy any phone that's less than 128GB. Even 3gb ram dey hang...

I don't know how ITEL users manage it

Apps expand like mad these days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8181) (8182) (8183) (8184) (8185) (8186) (8187) ... (9305) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.