Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9160861 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8447) (8448) (8449) (8450) (8451) (8452) (8453) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2021
Rem22:
Good day house,please how can i delete or uninstall unwanted xiaomi app on my redmi 7A phone to create more space?
Free that phone and get the siblings with 2gb by 32gb.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by raydatluvs(m): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hi genius, I feel you might have an idea for me...the back cover of my note 8 was removing and I realized my battery seems to have swollen, do you have an idea why? And more importantly is there a fix for it or I have to get a replacement battery?
Also is it possible that the VPN apps contributed to this swelling some how, I read they suck and damage batteries, what do you think? Currently I removed the back cover fully, so the back is bare inside my pouch
genius43:

If KZ is the name of the company and it is KZ ZS10 Pro how is the naming different from KZ ZSN Pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
raydatluvs:
Hi genius, I feel you might have an idea for me...the back cover of my note 8 was removing and I realized my battery seems to have swollen, do you have an idea why? And more importantly is there a fix for it or I have to get a replacement battery?
Also is it possible that the VPN apps contributed to this swelling some how, I read they suck and damage batteries, what do you think? Currently I removed the back cover fully, so the back is bare inside my pouch
Stop or use that phone sparingly as that battery needs a replacement. Don't spoil your phone. Contact repairguru for replacement in ikorodu or repairpalng in Ikeja.

As per VPN, they may be juice consuming but surely not the cause of the swollen battery. The symptoms have been there but you didn't notice.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donforeign: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2021
Is mi11 ultra global version available now ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
spaceXL:

honestly I'm going in pain right now, bought the phone on 25th May and the phone got broken this evening, I'm sad right now

And the screen is not made differently which mean more money to spend
Sorry. Why didn't you add a screen guard and a case maybe?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
OllyFair:
Free that phone and get the siblings with 2gb by 32gb.
You mean higher phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Repairguru(m): 6:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
jboixxx:
Stop or use that phone sparingly as that battery needs a replacement. Don't spoil your phone. Contact repairguru for replacement in ikorodu or repairpalng in Ikeja.

As per VPN, they may be juice consuming but surely not the cause of the swollen battery. The symptoms have been there but you didn't notice.
@jboixxx: thanks for your recommendation. Am now in Ikeja
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2021
raydatluvs:

Change your battery ASAP before it cause further damages. I won't attribute it to VPN sha. A lot of things can contribute to it from aging, poor charge cycles, use of substandard charging accessories etc.

You can reach out to Repairpalng, Repairguru for replacement/parts.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akinbuk45(m): 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
Any Ibadan Seller with Redmi Note 10 4/64Gb?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
I manually downloaded miui 12 global rom for a friend's device REDMI NOTE 7 but then I realized after downloading that the updater app isn't bringing out the option of choose package like my own device, who can put me through how to go about that please?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaycerichh(m): 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hello everyone, I want to unlock my bootloader {REDMI NOTE 10 PRO}, I heard you'll have to wait for about 168hours to have your bootloader unlocked, is there no other way around this?

I want to install EU ROM, it seems better and more customizable with all I've seen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Joshkid:
I manually downloaded miui 12 global rom for a friend's device REDMI NOTE 7 but then I realized after downloading that the updater app isn't bringing out the option of choose package like my own device, who can put me through how to go about that please?

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11/12 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 11/12 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption proces

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
genius43:

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11/12 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 11/12 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption proces
God bless you abundantly... Works like charm! cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
oloet:
good day to you all, I bought a redmi note 10 last week and I noticed unresponsive/inconsistent touch 3 days ago, the phone came with miui12.5 and I have been ignoring the 12.10 update for "fear of the unknown" � ... I summoned courage to update this morning , the issue is yet to surface after the update but I am experiencing small battery drain as against how it was before....
Errm, has Redmi Note 10 received MiUi 12.5? cry

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KinGudi: 7:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
Please what could be the problem this is the 3 time since yesterday that I'm getting to 100% and will get this respond

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 7:29pm On Jun 09, 2021
Rem22:
You mean higher phone?
maybe Redmi 9a if pocket nho smile like that.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2021
Joshkid:
Some people still dey MIUI 11.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:37pm On Jun 09, 2021
KinGudi:
Please what could be the problem this is the 3 time since yesterday that I'm getting to 100% and will get this respond

Wait a bit people are having issues installing this update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KinGudi: 7:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
genius43:

Wait a bit people are having issues installing this update.

Alright
Thanks Boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sandammy(m): 7:48pm On Jun 09, 2021
micxwell:

Errm, has Redmi Note 10 received MiUi 12.5? cry
Yes, did mine early morning following instructions here.

Edit: Thought it's the N10P, my bad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2021
Rem22:
You mean higher phone?

Sell this phone to me for 10k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
sandammy:
Yes, did mine early morning following instructions here.

Edit: Thought it's the N10P, my bad

Oh Alright.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
akinbuk45:
Any Ibadan Seller with Redmi Note 10 4/64Gb?
You better run after Macbeyland. Na advice I give you xo. undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
Rem22:
Good day house,please how can i delete or uninstall unwanted xiaomi app on my redmi 7A phone to create more space?
Redmi 7A is kinda too low as a daily driver nowadays. Why not get a good memory card and move all your media files to it.
Also check and delete the WhatsApp database files.
You can leave the recently created one.
Generally just purge your phone to delete files you don't need. Also, hope your browser is light unlike chrome that takes up storage memory?
Take care.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
micxwell:

Redmi 7A is kinda too low as a daily driver nowadays. Why not get a good memory card and move all your media files to it.
Also check and delete the WhatsApp database files.
You can leave the recently created one.
Generally just purge your phone to delete files you don't need. Also, hope your browser is light unlike chrome that takes up storage memory?
Take care.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
yak:

Sell this phone to me for 10k
You're damn funny
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
jaycerichh:
Hello everyone, I want to unlock my bootloader {REDMI NOTE 10 PRO}, I heard you'll have to wait for about 168hours to have your bootloader unlocked, is there no other way around this?

I want to install EU ROM, it seems better and more customizable with all I've seen.
No way around it, you have to wait. You have to learn to be patient now, you'll need it since you are delving into flashing of custom roms
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Weirdgee: 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2021
genius43:

You could have simply gone to Gsmarena or Kimovil look through each of the phones specs and extract this information at least that is what most people do.
Redmi Note 8 - SD 665
Redmi Note 9s/9 Pro - SD 720G

And it is Xiaomi not Xiomi
Thank u it's typographical error
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 4:00am On Jun 10, 2021
Mustiboy:

Barker, calm down. Who dey fight you?

Go get something to eat, then take a bath and sleep.

Stay blessed.
Do I look like an inbred? You should take your advice busy body.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 4:03am On Jun 10, 2021
Bluev:

Pls what are their names?
Thanks
I can't find the other but the one present is IntCall ACR, you'll need to tune some things cos some times the thing dey get mental problem.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 4:08am On Jun 10, 2021
Cc.
Sunkyphil:
more of the reason i prefer rubber case and my phone to be heavy
Please always try to use a screen guard despite it makes the phone look less attractive and heavy, it may not be 100% protective but I learnt a hard lesson when I dolled almost 23k to replace mine when it got broken and another bad side is the technicians depending on who you meet might touch your phone internals where it will start having other problems like network issues.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunlayi(m): 4:51am On Jun 10, 2021
Rem22:
if yet to unlock your bootloader or suggest unlock even without root. Download java on your PC. Google Redmi 7a debloat software (version 20 and above -just around 20mb), run in with your phone connected via USB debugging and select your desired apps to be removed...... You are done. Better still, root your phone, flash Dots OS based on Android 11. I swear, you will forget buying another phone and hate MIUI 12 for life.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8447) (8448) (8449) (8450) (8451) (8452) (8453) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: uptimum123(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.