Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9159602 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8552) (8553) (8554) (8555) (8556) (8557) (8558) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jamoyakz: 12:46am On Aug 05, 2021
genius43:

Have you heard of Global Chipset shortages? It is affecting production of phones so a phone you are hoping for the price to drop will either become scarce and price increased after a while or will go out of production quick.

Even Samsung ARE is now scarce and the price have been hiked up to as high as 170k in some places.
Thanks so in essence global chipset shortage can be attributed to the scarcity or increased in prices of phones? What about the exchange rate? Can it be also a cause for scarcity of phones especially xiaomi phones?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 2:34am On Aug 05, 2021
Going through a few pages backwards, I can't help but wonder about what a kind of world we live in right now, A well planned recommendation for someone that has bleeped quite a number of people's up, if you can't see a pattern here, that's your own cup of tea, I've been on this forum for quite a number of years, as faceless as it is, I have met wonderful people and learnt much more on here, I have never met Protein0 in person and he has served as an escrow for me at least twice for large funds dealings, I've met gidieberry and Noobody in person and has transacted with them on several occasions, when your work is good, you don't have to manipulate people by planning a well written recommendation from a third party profile, If you can't learn from other's mistakes(Example), then you are bound to learn by your own errors(Experience)... The choice is yours!

15 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:37am On Aug 05, 2021
jamoyakz:

Thanks so in essence global chipset shortage can be attributed to the scarcity or increased in prices of phones? What about the exchange rate? Can it be also a cause for scarcity of phones especially xiaomi phones?

Exchange rate is your country's problem and it doesn't translate to scarcity of funds or scarcity of phones. If exchange rate changes it is pricing that it affects only not availability.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orikoku: 5:56am On Aug 05, 2021
Have been hoping to get update 12.5 but this is what am getting again 12.0.6 from 12.0.4. redmi note 10 5G.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:11am On Aug 05, 2021
orikoku:
Have been hoping to get update 12.5 but this is what am getting again 12.0.6 from 12.0.4. redmi note 10 5G.

Because that is what is ready for your device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kirchoffs: 7:02am On Aug 05, 2021
Has anybody updated their redmi note 9s to this version.??

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 7:38am On Aug 05, 2021
genius43:

The price should be Tandem with the RN10 Pro.

And there are rumors that Poco are finally ready to setup shop in the Nigeria by providing offline sales as against only online presence.

Oh, that's great. I'll get the X3 GT then! Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ashirioluwa: 8:02am On Aug 05, 2021
How much is Redmi note 10 pro selling for?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2021
Joshkid:
Going through a few pages backwards, I can help but wonder about what a kind of world we live in right now, A good well planned recommendation for someone that has bleeped quite a number of people's up, if you can't see a pattern here, that's your own cup of tea, I've been in this forum for quite a number of years, as faceless as it is, I have met wonderful people and learnt much more on here, I have never met Protein0 in person and he has served as an escrow for me at least twice for large funds dealings, I'm met gidieberry and Nobody in person and has transacted with them on several occasions, when your work is good, you don't have to manipulate people by planning a well written recommendation from a third party profile, If you can't learn from other's mistakes(Example), then you are bound to learn by your own errors(Experience)... The choice is yours!
Increase the volume abeg!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 05, 2021
orikoku:
This your font is quite funny...

About the update issh, it is likely that 12.5 is not currently available for your device, hence the 12.0.6 update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
How much is Redmi note 10 pro selling for?

Check the Xiaomi Thread Store or any Slot, Pointek, Raya store near you.

I think Macbeyland has but check through the ads
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 8:24am On Aug 05, 2021
orikoku:

What's the name of this your font ? Lemme try something new cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ashirioluwa: 8:35am On Aug 05, 2021
genius43:

Check the Xiaomi Thread Store or any Slot, Pointek, Raya store near you.

I think Macbeyland has but check through the ads
Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
Torn between Redmi Note 10 pro and MI 11 LITE.

Your take please.

saw a review on the MI 11 LITE where people are complaining of black crush on the screen. Anyone using the phoen should please confirm
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orikoku: 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2021
Meister:

What's the name of this your font ? Lemme try something new cheesy
change your location to Indian and go to display settings. You'll get it there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kessnorman: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2021
Is anyone experiencing vibration for like 10 seconds after turning on their phone. redmi 9

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RuneKingThor: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2021
Kirchoffs:
I have updated mine.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shegun010: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2021
Does anybody here have a Redmi Note 10 5G device for sale? Urgently needed please. New or neatly used. Please quote me or message me on 08169147050.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
Chai, na so I miss for this thread.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kirchoffs: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2021
RuneKingThor:

I have updated mine.
Hope no issues since you've updated?? Is there also an improvement in battery life?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2021
Kirchoffs:
it disappeared 2 days ago when I wanted to update it on my way home.

Reappeared yesterday but I haven't had time to. I want to do it when I'm less busy, preferably at night.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by womenareapess: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
Has anybody try casting with Xiaomi 9T.

Cast to system and Tv.

Has anybody tried it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gramps: 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2021
what is the name of your theme?
Kirchoffs:
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
womenareapess:
Has anybody try casting with Xiaomi 9T.

Cast to system and Tv.

Has anybody tried it?

Which phone is Xiaomi 9T?

As far as I know we only have the Xiaomi Mi 9T(2019) and the Redmi 9T(2021)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
Buzx:

Oh, that's great. I'll get the X3 GT then! Thanks
Why not F3 GT?
It's been released already. Though, I haven't seen anyone advertise it yet here

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2021
sureteeboy:

Why not F3 GT?

F3 GT is Indian only. No talks of Global release
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2021
orikoku:
change your location to Indian and go to display settings. You'll get it there.

Oga what's the name of the font itself please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vicot(m): 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
Hello,I noticed I can no longer save contacts on my phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2021
sureteeboy:

Why not F3 GT?

It's a nice phone, but above my budget. I have my eyes on the X3 GT..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xplicity1(m): 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Please, can anyone come to my help abeg.
My redmi note 7 is stucked on the miui logo.
Here is what happened, my phone have been hanging since i updated to miui 12 and in each occurrences of such freezing, have been able to resolve it by wiping my data. So it hanged again yesterday's evening, and i wiped the phone hoping it'll resolve the issue but it didn't. My phone has been hanging on the Miui Logo since yesterday.
I tried wiping the data countless time yet after rebooting it's still hanged on the Miui Logo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
xplicity1:
Please, can anyone come to my help abeg.
My redmi note 7 is stucked on the miui logo.
Here is what happened, my phone have been hanging since i updated to miui 12 and in each occurrences of such freezing, have been able to resolve it by wiping my data. So it hanged again yesterday's evening, and i wiped the phone hoping it'll resolve the issue but it didn't. My phone has been hanging on the Miui Logo since yesterday.
I tried wiping the data countless time yet after rebooting it's still hanged on the Miui Logo.

Cc: Grandmufti, Gptech

(1) (2) (3) ... (8552) (8553) (8554) (8555) (8556) (8557) (8558) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.