Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day (11611 Views)

Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate / Happy Mother's Day: Share Your Mum's Photos And Pray For Her / What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 08, 2016
How Many times dem wan celebrate mothers day? Celebrated like thrice in the past months
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 08, 2016
Hysmady:
Happy mother's day even tho my mom is late...The memorable moments we shared will forever remain in my heart embarassed smiley
I feel ur pain brova, lost mine to the cold hands of death too....they r all resting on d bossom of the lord... cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by Sunnysteve009(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2016
My mom i love u so much, may ur blessing upon my life start manifesting in this year 2016 Amen.
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by charlsecy(m): 9:56pm On May 08, 2016
Mothering Sunday is NOT the same thing as Mother's Day.

Mothering Sunday is a sort of religious, while Mother's Day is secular, meant to celebrate mothers and motherhood, in a way somewhat similar to such days as World Cancer Day, World AIDS Day, Water Day, and the likes.

Mother's Day falls on second Sunday in May, or in some countries, in the months of March or May, unlike Mothering Sunday which occurs mid-Lent. This may vary from denomination to denomination. Sometimes, the celebration is postponed till after Lent.

It might interest you to know that Mothering Sunday actually has or had nothing to do with mothers in particular. The "mother" in Mothering Sunday refers to mother church, that is, the church where you were baptised, or your parish priest or the nearest cathedral.

Mothering Sunday was originally when people gathered with their families at their mother church to celebrate Laetare Sunday.

Young workers were given a day off to visit their mother church, and on their way, they would pick flowers to place them in the church or give to their mothers. This flower presentation has changed to the modern-day practice of giving gifts to mothers on such day.

profem1:
When last was mother's day celebrated?
adeoyun:
And why no fathers day
There is. There are.

pweetylivia:
How times is Mother"s day celebrated sef
donem:
Mother's days nah every month?
Helkayklassic:
We don't know the number of times Mother's day is celebrated in a year, ....
Willgates:
This Mother's day, is it celebrated every month?
Hoii:
How many mothers day in a year sef
GuDErboY:
....how many mother's day do we have in a calendars year?
worlexy:
How many times are we going to celebrate Mothers day in a year
mhizzpatra:
how many mothers day in one year??
tgmservice:
Come is every sunday mothers day.
Dipobond:
I think mother's day in Nigeria is usually celebrated around March.....
Mother's Day is different from Mothering Sundays.

Deejacy2:
How Many times dem wan celebrate mothers day?
Djshyne007:
Pls o..how many mothers' day(s) do we have dis year?
Because I have celebrated like 3 different mothers' day(s) already...
LeoFish92:
....today is for the Pentecostals and protestant churches
Not so. Mother's Day is not religious... it is like such things as World Cancer Day, World HIV Day, World Water Day and the likes.

The previous celebrations were Mothering Sundays... today is Mother's Day. It is not Pentecostal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by Maski87: 10:12pm On May 08, 2016
Today is not mother's day in Nigeria what are you smoking?
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by Nickymezor(f): 10:26pm On May 08, 2016
Mothers' day again?
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 08, 2016
Speakdatruth:
confirm babe, yepa yo head dey dia scatter. wagbayi grin
wink grin
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 08, 2016
stinggy:

Ni Kara ni o tongue
Kara naa l'oma je grin
Meaning you be landlord. Oya, wa pade mi'n Molaroid. Mo wa'n Chapel of Victory grin
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by Ayokunlemi96(m): 10:49pm On May 08, 2016
[color=#770077][/color] to Iya Olanrewaju, Iya Ayokunlemi, Iya Olamilekan. Thank you for the wondergul path you are making us thread. I pray the fruits of your labour will not be servef to you in pains. Happiness in good health to you momma.

Happy mommas day Iya rere.
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by 1Dray(m): 11:22pm On May 08, 2016
SPDAZZY:

In-between sis and chubby
Wow! She's really young...
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 11:24pm On May 08, 2016
Much love mum.
You are the best thing that ever happened to me.
Hod bless, guide, and keep you from harm's way for me.
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by FuckTheM0ds(m): 12:02am On May 09, 2016
Happy mother's day dear mum. I leave you into the Heavenly Father's underneath His everlasting Arms. You shall live till i return back with the trophy of victory in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by tushburg(m): 12:10am On May 09, 2016
Wish my month, all mothers in the thread and potential Mothers a happy mothers day
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by stinggy(m): 7:09am On May 09, 2016
chimkaire:
Kara naa l'oma je grin
Meaning you be landlord. Oya, wa pade mi'n Molaroid. Mo wa'n Chapel of Victory grin
e remain hausa for u grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by worlexy(m): 3:14am On Jun 28, 2016
charlsecy:
Mothering Sunday is NOT the same thing as Mother's Day.

Mothering Sunday is a sort of religious, while Mother's Day is secular, meant to celebrate mothers and motherhood, in a way somewhat similar to such days as World Cancer Day, World AIDS Day, Water Day, and the likes.

Mother's Day falls on second Sunday in May, or in some countries, in the months of March or May, unlike Mothering Sunday which occurs mid-Lent. This may vary from denomination to denomination. Sometimes, the celebration is postponed till after Lent.

It might interest you to know that Mothering Sunday actually has or had nothing to do with mothers in particular. The "mother" in Mothering Sunday refers to mother church, that is, the church where you were baptised, or your parish priest or the nearest cathedral.

Mothering Sunday was originally when people gathered with their families at their mother church to celebrate Laetare Sunday.

Young workers were given a day off to visit their mother church, and on their way, they would pick flowers to place them in the church or give to their mothers. This flower presentation has changed to the modern-day practice of giving gifts to mothers on such day.

There is. There are.

Mother's Day is different from Mothering Sundays.

Not so. Mother's Day is not religious... it is like such things as World Cancer Day, World HIV Day, World Water Day and the likes.

The previous celebrations were Mothering Sundays... today is Mother's Day. It is not Pentecostal.

it it's not Pentecostal, then why is mother's day always falling on Sundays every year?
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by charlsecy(m): 8:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
@worlexy,
It could have been fixed any other day, but Sunday was chosen.
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by worlexy(m): 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
charlsecy:
@worlexy,
It could have been fixed any other day, but Sunday was chosen.
my question is why always Sundays if it is not religious. Workers day for example is May 1st of every year which means it will fall on different days of the week every year. Why not mother's day too if it's secular and not religious. Pls note that I'm a Christian so I'm not against it being celebrated on Sundays I just want to be educated
Re: Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day by charlsecy(m): 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
worlexy:
my question is why always Sundays if it is not religious. Why not mother's day too if it's secular and not religious.
Anna Jarvis, social activist, was the founder of Mother's Day in the US. In 1908, she held a memeorial ceremony to honour her [dead] mother and mothers at Andrews Methodist Episcopal Church. Most US states started observing Mother's Day as a local holiday by 1911.

According to Lois M. Collins (6 May 2014), in 1914, Woodrow Wilson signed a proclamation designating Mother's Day, held on the second Sunday in May, as a national holiday to honor mothers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers / What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? / How Do You Normally Greet Your Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.