Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,411 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. (40764 Views)

“domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage / 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors / How To Know And Avoid Domestic Violence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by omooba969(m): 5:32pm On May 09, 2016
Nixiepie:
Still that does not justifies beating of women no matter what,for christ sakes! she is your partner not your child mtcheeeeeew

@bolded,

Must you even hit your child? undecided

What a warped post ! cool

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by tete7000(m): 5:32pm On May 09, 2016
We live in a world where everyone have become marriage counsellors and yet the marriages are not better for it. Uhmm! Godlessness is the bane of world's problems.

5 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by dare2differ: 5:33pm On May 09, 2016
Some men act like possessed beings. And wicked women and men are both deadly.

Start thinking like someone with sense undecided
tonquendo4u:
Just pray to continue meeting good women.Dont judge others until you've BN in their shoes.What do u do when ur wife tears d original documents to d only landed property u toiled ur ass to possess?Guy some women can act like possessed people.i don't support domestic violence but I don't judge them till I hear from both parties.Wicked women are deadlier that wicked meb

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by dare2differ: 5:37pm On May 09, 2016
If you can refrain from beating your children, why should it be harder to refrain from hitting the person you lay
?
omooba969:

@bolded,

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Rozaystunna(m): 5:37pm On May 09, 2016
All Bleep ups must be treated that's what I believe

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by kaziblake(f): 5:38pm On May 09, 2016
sabiguy:

So what about a man who goes out to work in order to feed you and the kids while you stay home doing nothing also have every right to insult, deny u sex and beat the crap out of you right??

You are a good example of r e t a r d e d n e s s and imbecility. The man wey go marry u don suffer. I rebuke your kind of Lady in my life. Amen
I rebuke you too undecided
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by MemeTroll: 5:39pm On May 09, 2016
Fuckingg BS... these useless moderators allow everything nowadays

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by mavinkalot: 5:39pm On May 09, 2016
Me wey dey cook serve my wife and kids! Is that one brusing ego? Please men spare me that ego BS. cooking for my family on many occasions have increased and consolidaated my other half's(wife's) love, loyalty and respect. Marriaage is like a box; you put in strawberries, vanilla, chocolate, then u get many more of these flavors. If u sit tight and demand a list of attitudes from ur wife, without u doing much u are archaic. Just as u love to be served food just when u are hungry; the woman loves same. No be same intestine she get? Foe me, It all depends on how u see ur wife. When I wash my wife's panties n clothes, cook and serve her, I am see it as I am doing that for myself or my other half. I feel joy n effortless in doing it. Cus na my own. There is a way u wud treat ur wife, u get the best of her not insults. Bring the best of her out. My wife is me. No big deal try ooking for ur wife n serving her. Try helping her in domestic chores esp those times she maybe getting choked with home chores only for her to see thaat it has been fixed by u. JOY, u hv reinjected life in her. Just as she is busy rushing back from office for market, just to make soup. She gets ur call akin her to come home straight n forget that stress. She meets the delicious soup served by u for her. Bro it takes notin from ur ego but adds to ur respect n love bank. I hv boys or wud be havin boys, so I hv to teach them how to handle a womn. My wife being the only femaale amongst four men needs all of the lov and Protection. You beat ur wife up the next minute u expect her to cook, kiss n pet u before u eat. Haba! U be witch? It is gabbaage in and gabbage out. GIGO! Wot u give her she multiplies n brings back. Give her abuse, she multiplies it n gives u back. Give her sperm, she mutiplies it n gives u baby. Wake up men!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by dare2differ: 5:39pm On May 09, 2016
You live your life in illusion. Women that wants a beating to end in a hot steamy love session are obviously into BDSM. undecided
nkemdi89:
Most women live their lives in illusion, some believe by slapping or hitting their man first it will always end in hot steamy love session according to what they view in most foreign movies, some always keep bad companies that gives them negative advice on the way to handle their man.
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by GANJAFARMER: 5:39pm On May 09, 2016
dare2differ:
I do not care about gender but I do care about human.

Blaming victims of domestic abuse is na insult on humanity. Unless you understand their psychology, it is insane to think for them., Therefore your number is null and void.

Verbal and physical abuse are the same although one tends to be more severe than the other. SO I will undertsand a man who slaps his wife because she was 'verbally abusive' and i mean verbal abuse in its ordinary meaning noty some philosophical BS. I can also understand a man who hits his wife [b]WHEN [/b]he caught her cheating (I mean immediate not some abuse that took time to plan). Those reactions are normal and human. I understand that humans have emotions and are capable of reacting to provocation. God bless you if it result to grievous bodily harm or death grin. However I also understand that any abuse beyond those normal human reaction is madness. Any one acting with outside normal human reaction deserve to be in jail for the rest of their lives. If I asked you to go and cook your food and you raised your hand, na then you know say I be confam omo oko. My great grandfather cannot help your case neither will my dad.

Toks2008, whenever you write, you do nothing but further your misogynistic views. Keep destroying our mor.onic youths, I pray none of them come close to me or someone I know because by the time I am through with them. They will search for you and ask you why you led astray.

You'll need to be a man first to understand the enormous pressure that comes with our nature.
Last year someone I know divorced his wife simply because she held him hostage against his will and bruised his face.
What I'm saying is that if he had applied a little force, the woman would have understood that there are curtain line you don't cross and expect not to see the demon you're trying to wake up. Now he's divorced against her own wish even with all the begging from relations from both side of the divide. If he as a man had set the record straight they would have created an avenue to discuss over it and ultimatum passed without resorting to divorce because he felt his ego was bruised and he's afraid that it will repeat again.
A lot of times women initiate the cycle of violence by going on the offensive strongly or subtly and you need to do what is necessary to bring her back into line else you'll remain miserable and helpless before her and this is what all women want . cool

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by fexyrich(m): 5:39pm On May 09, 2016
kaziblake:
I totally disagree with no 3...A woman who goes out to work in order to feed you and the kids while you stay home doing nothing have every right to insult and even deny you sex.

Mecheww

Real men don't beat their wives

am sorry 2 sa d@ who Ever wrote dis is a very foolish woman.Na did kind men day use as Punching bag

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Misogynist2014(m): 5:40pm On May 09, 2016
Fallacy of division. No two men are one and the same. As for anger, read screenshot below

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 09, 2016
Many stupid bull crap comments here.
Fact: Only 13% of DV perpetuated by women are reported in Nigeria. Fact: 70% of DV perpetuated by women are reported in Nigeria.
Lesson: Don't beat a defenseless person either man, woman, child or aged.
P.S: D.V can occur PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY OR MENTALLY.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by bravitudenatura(f): 5:42pm On May 09, 2016
Who puts this rubbish on the frontpage. This is an insult to every victim of abuse,your senselessness is alarming. This is not the first post of yours insulting women.
No reason for assault and abuse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by darlenese(f): 5:42pm On May 09, 2016
Whoever wrote this is a sexist who grew up in a motherless babies home ....msheeeeew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by blayde(m): 5:43pm On May 09, 2016
Chineke!! U guyz going for d OP's head are bereft of critical reasoning. He started on the premise that hitting a woman is in every sense wrong(very good). But however dishes some advice to the women folk on how cases of domestic violence can b avoided such as making provocative statements. I bet most of u guyz are not married sef . It is easier to handle an explosive device than a woman's persistent nagging(i pitied my dad d day he lost his job way back when i wz a kid cos dt was literally d end of peace for him at home). In summary what i deduce OP is driving at his that both parties can help each other to avoid d breakout of domestic violence...Remember nobody holy pass.

5 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by aubventure: 5:44pm On May 09, 2016
MondeLuv:
OP if your dad beats your mother always, how would you feel?

If your mum insults your dad day in day out how will you feel
get a life.

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by aubventure: 5:45pm On May 09, 2016
omooba969:

@bolded,
But she can insult you because she is your mum
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 5:46pm On May 09, 2016
mavinkalot:
Me wey dey cook serve my wife and kids! Is that one brusing ego? Please men spare me that ego, cooking for my family on many occasions have made increased and consolidaated my other half(my wife). It all depends on how we u see ur wife. When I wash my wife's panties n clothes, cook and serve her, I am see it as I am doing that for myself or my other half. I feel joy n effortless in doing it. My wife is me. No big dealm try ooking for ur wife n serving her. Try helping her in domestic chores esp those times she maybe getting choked with home chores only for her to see thaat it has been fixed by u. JOY, u hv reinjected life in her. Just as she is busy rushing back from office for market, just to make soup. She gets ur call akin her to come home straight n forget that stress. She meets the delicious soup served by u for her. Bro it takes notin from ur ego but adds to ur respect n love bank. I hv boys or wud be havin boys, so I hv to teach them how to handle a womn. My wife being the only femaale amongst four men needs all of the lov and Protection.

The botttomline is that it was your idea to help out and not that she forced it down your throat.

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 09, 2016
so because of all this listed points it is now justifiable for a man to kill his wife?

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by huntax(m): 5:49pm On May 09, 2016
kaziblake:
I totally disagree with no 3...A woman who goes out to work in order to feed you and the kids while you stay home doing nothing have every right to insult and even deny you sex.

Mecheww

Don't go about in marriage with this mentality. Be educated so as to live in a happy home. Just because you may be the bread winner in a home doesn't give you rights to insult your husband or deny him sex. I assume you wouldn't marry a jobless man, so because he's facing a temporary challenge doesn't mean you should compound his problems by being disrespectful to him. I know u will probably insult me, I don't care. Just helping you because I have witnessed such.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Doubleagent008(m): 5:50pm On May 09, 2016
dare2differ:
I don't know the statistics in Nigeria but I am familiar with UK statistics. At least two women die every week from domestic abuse that mean domestic abuse from those close to them, most especially their male partners.

I ams ure it would be worse in Nigeria because it is some kind of an unwritten rule that a man is allowed to hit his wife but not too much.

So continue to analyse every situation, may it not be your turn! undecided
Amen thank you for the prayer. we all need it.
like I have stated, I'm in no support of it. thanks for presenting those statistics. then I think definition of terms would come in handy here so that we aren't lumping different things together as one.
domestic Violence on one side hitting a woman on another.
I as a man I would eternally be ashamed should I hit my wife ( my personal principle) - this I believe is what qualifies as domestic Abuse right? I won't hit my wife. I made vows to love and protect my LADY( first step to prevent myself from such shame would be to get myself a LADY). that is a promise I have to keep beating her up at any provocation invalidates those vows. Keeping to your word is the principle of a man. please get me right. I have not supported domestic violence ( he is your wife - your pride and trouble you signed the contract deal with it). but what I am talking about is the erroneous belief that every woman can do as she please even to the state of being physical with a man and get away with it ( simply because she is a woman). the first rule is protect yourself first. you don't go rubbing petrol on your body and hoping that the fire would be nice and considerate enough not to burn you. A woman should behave like a Lady. my reference here is to the instance the guy I quoted gave as regards the situation in the banking hall... what the lady did was uncalled for. Kudos to the guy that he exercise restraint. Bravo!! but for a guy who didn't I won't join the band wagon that will shout " send him to the gallows" because the said woman or girl could have behaved as a lady and talk to the guy about her displeasure at his remarks...
Like someone said, Dead men don't explain ( something like that).
I have got a mom and I love her and it would kill me to see someone physically abuse my mother outside. But as have also not heard of it that my mother put herself in a risky situation of unladylike behavior. that's all I am saying.

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by GANJAFARMER: 5:50pm On May 09, 2016
Suigeneris93:

In this case we're talking about a woman who doesn't attack a man but if the woman is the first attacker then the man can do whatver rocks his boat. Some men choose to walk away, others administer slaps to stop her while others engage their fists as if they're fighting an agbero in Oshodi. Whichever rocks your boat, you do. But beating up a defenceless woman can never be justified
Some women attack men emotionally by reminding them of their epic failures over some things they never wanted to remember again in their life and if you're the type that can't say things to match them painful words for painful words and under a great proximity you'll bite it will take a lot of restraint to leave but again if you're leaving and you get dragged back by the same woman while the bad mouthing continues - she will get a good slap that will reformat her brain cells into normalcy and the message would be sent out immediately. But trust me smart women know exactly when to say things to their husbands and boyfriends and get away with it.Only the dumb ones get beaten.

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Dallazday(m): 5:51pm On May 09, 2016
kaziblake:

Mecheww

has every right to insult you say? Ladies like u are the major cause of demostic voilence

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by aubventure: 5:52pm On May 09, 2016
mavinkalot:
Me wey dey cook serve my wife and kids! Is that one brusing ego? Please men spare me that ego, cooking for my family on many occasions have made increased and consolidaated my other half(my wife). It all depends on how we u see ur wife. When I wash my wife's panties n clothes, cook and serve her, I am see it as I am doing that for myself or my other half. I feel joy n effortless in doing it. My wife is me. No big dealm try ooking for ur wife n serving her. Try helping her in domestic chores esp those times she maybe getting choked with home chores only for her to see thaat it has been fixed by u. JOY, u hv reinjected life in her. Just as she is busy rushing back from office for market, just to make soup. She gets ur call akin her to come home straight n forget that stress. She meets the delicious soup served by u for her. Bro it takes notin from ur ego but adds to ur respect n love bank. I hv boys or wud be havin boys, so I hv to teach them how to handle a womn. My wife being the only femaale amongst four men needs all of the lov and Protection.

Maybe she the footing the bills
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by nkemdi89(f): 5:52pm On May 09, 2016
dare2differ:
You live your life in illusion. Women that wants a beating to end in a hot steamy love session are obviously into BDSM. undecided
Yes it mostly for those perverts who are into fetishism, although it's not normal because it can be attributed to a psychological disorder.
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 5:52pm On May 09, 2016
blayde:
Chineke!! U guyz going for d OP's head are bereft of critical reasoning. He started on the premise that hitting a woman is in every sense wrong(very good). But however dishes some advice to the women folk on how cases of domestic violence can b avoided such as making provocative statements. I bet most of u guyz are not married sef . It is easier to handle an explosive device than a woman's persistent nagging(i pitied my dad d day he lost his job way back when i wz a kid cos dt was literally d end of peace for him at home). In summary what i deduce OP is driving at his that both parties can help each other to avoid d breakout of domestic violence...Remember nobody holy pass.

Thank God for inelligent people.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by rotiler: 5:52pm On May 09, 2016
Strahovski1:
Useless...

No matter what. You have no right to hit a woman. A man abuse you would you punch him? NO. But a woman you will.

*Pulls out dick and start masturbation on threaD*
wadafuq
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 09, 2016
Vinshu:
Your misogyny is pathetic . Real men don't lay hands on women.

Why should a man not lay hands on a woman? Please tell me

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by diva2011(f): 5:53pm On May 09, 2016
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]*A man who beats a woman is a beast and do not deserve to live with humans but with fellow beasts in the jungle...No matter how provoked you may be as a man,please never raise your hand to beat your wife.*
[/size]

It is no longer news that many women have lost their lives through domestic violence and the more we try to put the blames on the menfolk the more we will continue to blind our eyes to the fact that indeed,many women are the cause of the domestic violence we see today because they fail to understand some important aspects of how most men are naturally wired and below are 6 facts that point to this...

1.Negligence: Yes this is one fact many ladies will not deny because there is no accidental character and the signs of a violent man would have been there . It is quite amazing that many ladies get beaten up by a guy they are dating and this guy will still go ahead and become their hubby and i keep wondering what these ladies were thinking saying i do to a guy who beats you up. Many ladies usually believe such guys will change but the honest truth is that a guy who beats you up while dating you may kill you when he becomes your hubby.RUN.

2.Sophistication:Many people will wonder what this has to do with domestic violence but it has a whole lot to do with it. Sophistication is the bane of today's woman and the number one reason why many ladies find it hard to get a man to settle down with. Many ladies are too sophisticated to come to terms with the fact that they are married,they still want to live a life of a spinster while married and these set of ladies will not hesitate to tell their hubby the need for him to help out in the kitchen,the need for him to cook his food and even take care of the baby and subconsciously, these ladies gradually bruise the ego of the man who may continue to stomach these things until he gets pushed to the wall and reacts in a violent way. No matter how highly placed or sophisticated you may be as a lady,please understand that you are a wife and a mother and you must learn how to joggle these roles without turning your hubby into a domestic servant...if he decides to help out please let it be his decision.

3. Misguided utterance: This is a very common fact among the women folk and it is so sad that many ladies do not even realize they are guilty of this because they just might believe they are making sense not knowing that they are bruising the man's ego and killing him bit by bit mentally and emotionally. Misguided speech sometimes come in a very subtle way from the lady who may have no clue. For instance a lady footing the bills telling her hubby that "she can not go out all day and still come home to please him sexually" or "he can not satisfy you sexually", or funny words like "you should be thanking GOD for having me cos there are better guys out there" bla bla bla common.... A man is an egocentric person and any word that bruises his ego could bring out the beast in him.

4.Infidelity:This account for many cases of domestic violence leading to death. Yes men cheat as well as ladies but as a lady please be extremely careful when it comes to sexual infidelity. Scientists have proved that the effect of hard drugs on human is the same effect a heart break gives. If you must cheat on your man or hubby please i advice you just break up with such first rather than staying in that affair and cheating because the resultant effect is always a dangerous one.

5.Use of abusive words:This is no doubt one reason why many gentle men have turned wife beaters.There are some women who can use their tongue to set a house on fire and you need to hear how some ladies speak to their spouses.
Many ladies are very erratic in speech and it is not all men that are gentle or can walk away as men are always advised.Please ladies,learn to bridle your tongues to avoid stories that touch...be submissive,be humble.be calm in your speech and avoid getting confrontational because men hate confrontations...remember...not every man is a gentle man so try to always. maintain a status quo.Understand when to keep quiet to avoid heated arguments which usually leads to violent reactions from the man.

6.Gullibility:Yes many ladies are very gullible when it comes to handling domestic violence.There are some guys who just make it a crazy habit beating up a lady at any slight opportunity even if the lady exhibits an angelic nature. If a man beats you once,assume its a mistake but if he tries it again,please don't go back to your parents or waste your time reporting him to family members..go to the police immediately to report him and let him be invited to write an undertaken never to touch you again while you also maintain a proper decorum but if his madness persists,please leave that marriage or relationship immediately whether you have a child for him or not...it is better to remain single and happy than to lose your life.Gullible ladies who have listened to funny advices from family members to remain in a violent marriage for whatever reason are not 6 feet below....Be reasonable.

Hope this makes sense.

It makes sense except number 6, with the way Nigerian police dey behave irrationally, what if the husband Na police officer. Also the best is to walk a way from emotionally abuse marriage which is more dangerous than physical abuse marriage or verbal abuse marriage . In fact , walk away and report that fellow to God who create your beautiful life for a divine purpose.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by dare2differ: 5:54pm On May 09, 2016
You'll need to be a woman to understand the pains married women go through. Don't tell me I don't know what i am saying. What on earth would make a man attack his wife's disabled painful leg? You sincerely do not want to listen to that excuse. I know a woman who restricts her husband whenever he is going out because she knows that his going out means wasting the limited resources they hav. What about a woman who lost her left ear? What about the one that had acid thrown on her...and so many more.

What I understand is...we are all humans, we face pressures and I am going to disagree with you if you tell me that your reality is more serious than mine. It isn't. What is not wrong is wrong. No further explanation.

The reason I am not going to agree with your 'fact' is because I can also argue that for every time a woman initiated abuse usually verbal, it is a man's fault. It could be due to certain actions of his etc. However I am not going to go into that argument with you because it is exactly what I am trying to avoid...the blame argument. I don't subscribe to it because it never ends and it does not solve anything. It has never helped to straighten perpetrators.

BTW I have nothing against the man's action. What if the woman continued her madness after the little force? It won't be the best to raise kids in such environment. Personally, I think the limit should be the second time if the first one was not severe. However I was hoping you would think otherwise based on your earlier submissionstongue.

GANJAFARMER:
You'll need to be a man first to understand the enormous pressure that comes with our nature.
Last year someone I know divorced his wife simply because she held him hostage against his will and bruised his face.
What I'm saying is that if he had applied a little force, the woman would have understood that there are curtain line you don't cross and expect not to see the demon you're trying to wake up. Now he's divorced against her own wish even with all the begging from relations from both side of the divide. If he as a man had set the record straight they would have created an avenue to discuss over it and ultimatum passed without resorting to divorce because he felt his ego was bruised and he's afraid that it will repeat again.
A lot of times women initiate the cycle of violence by going on the offensive strongly or subtly and you need to do what is necessary to bring her back into line else you'll remain miserable and helpless before her and this is what all women want . cool
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by LasoulMacuby(m): 5:55pm On May 09, 2016
MondeLuv:
OP if your dad beats your mother always, how would you feel?
I will simply tell my mum to stop doing the same thing that she does that always makes my dad beat her. If she listens and stop doing it, there would be less beatings on the part of my dad.

N. B I am in the school of thought that beating is not always the best solution and I do not agree with men beating their woman. . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Woman Accuses Justice Olamide Oloyede Of Snatching Her Husband (Snapshots) / Expecting A New Baby , Need Shopping List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.