Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) (58433 Views)

Decomposing Body Of A Female Unizik Student Found In Her Room, 4 Days After She / Friends Mourn Female UNIZIK Student Who Died In A Security Guard's Room. Photos / Ifesinachi Nelson Ezeh Graduates In Russia With CGPA 5.0 In Masters Degree. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by otiigba1(m): 8:48pm On May 09, 2016
tosyne2much:
I'm learning this shocked

Out of ignorance, each time I want to refill my gas I'm always insisting the man fills 5.5kg in my 5kg cylinder
precisely! Typical nigerian ignoring simple safety Rules by over filling the capacity of your cylinder. Why do you think its say 5kg? To avoid explosion ofcourse!

Well.. unlike some nigerians you have accepted your mistakes and ignorance and willing to learn.
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by otiigba1(m): 8:52pm On May 09, 2016
Noneroone:
When will govt ban cooking gas
i agree but what will be the Alternative After the ban? Fire wood? Even fire wood can be hazardous although not as lethal as gas.
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by tosyne2much(m): 8:55pm On May 09, 2016
otiigba1:
precisely! Typical nigerian ignoring simple safety Rules by over filling the capacity of your cylinder. Why do you think its say 5kg? To avoid explosion ofcourse!

Well.. unlike some nigerians you have accepted your mistakes and ignorance and willing to learn.
We keep learning everyday bro
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by otiigba1(m): 9:02pm On May 09, 2016
johnstin:

A very sad incident that probavly could have been averted.
It could be the case of fake cylinder. Or the incident could be due to overfiling of the cylinder.

Some refillers fill 6kg in 5kg designated cylinders. Typically, cylinders have space for vapor. This space for vapor is what will be taken up by liquified gas when the cylinder is overfilled. Lpg expands with increase in temperature.

When (gas) flows into the cylinder, the liquified gas settles at the lower section of the cylinder while vapor occupies the space above the liquified gas.

When temperature increases, the vapor pressure increases. If the cylinder is of inferior quality, it will explode in no time with sustained increase in temperature.

Indoor users should try to use their gas cylinders in ventilated spaces.
Avoid hot and closed cellers as much as possible.

Do not allow your cylinders to be filled beyond the stipulated capacity.

Buy only certified cylinders.

May GOD continue to protect us all.
you ended your brilliant And very true Advice with May God continue to protect us, Not that i do not believe but most nigerians live by this dillusion hence ignoring safety rules, all they needed to do is to follow your brilliant Advice to assure safety of their lives. Atleast when this Avoidable incidents occures it will be minimal and no mortality.
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by otiigba1(m): 9:05pm On May 09, 2016
tosyne2much:
We keep learning everyday bro
Absolutely! smiley
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by Isaackenny(m): 9:07pm On May 09, 2016
Hmmm...too bad. Rest in Peace
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by otiigba1(m): 9:15pm On May 09, 2016
wasiudvd:

Yes! But in her case its not the cylinder that killed her, hero's is 12Kg.
Due to knowledge gap, someone else leaked the gas deliberately, she was burnt, but that accident shouldn't have taken her life. She was in hospital for over a week, skilling and talking. The next thing I heard.... She is dead.
yes that can happen too, the fumes must have gotten into her lungs through inhalation causing further damages to the the kidney. Which could result to mortalty if not treated properly using the right equipments Which i doubt one would find in nigerian hospitals.
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by otiigba1(m): 9:18pm On May 09, 2016
bedspread:
[i][/i]There a whole lot of people going home....
but the fact remains where are they heading to.....

if they miss heaven they can't miss hell!

Lets all be ready!! No one knows who is next.

Accepting JESUS is the only way
what bout you? Were will you be heading? You sound so sure of yourself. Maybe you feel more Righteous that others.
Me thinks you should be more worried bout you tongue
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by otiigba1(m): 9:25pm On May 09, 2016
wasiudvd:
RIP the most reserved girl I know.
It didn't happ in the school hostel though, its off-K.
Failed healthcare system contribute to her death.
very unfortunate. She could have been saved if the Right equipments were used and the Right treatment administered. Nigerian hospitals are soooo inadequate.

Most of the time they just ignore dieing patience hopping they die quicker makes their jobs easier. I guess
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by evapointed(f): 9:27pm On May 09, 2016
she resemble my brother old primary school mate by name chioma ezeh but don't know her middle name...chi may your gentle soul rest in the bossom of the lord.
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by Ryda(m): 9:32pm On May 09, 2016
Ebal:
Female final year student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University,Biochemistry department, Miss Veronica Ezeh Chioma,died of gas explosion last week in the school hostel.
The death was as a result of the gas explosion last week in the school hostel.
May his soul rest in peace (amen).

http://ebalsblog..co.uk/2016/05/final-year-student-of-unizik-awka.html

O.P biko modify ur post may her gentle soul rest in peace.. not his
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by Kesmakveli(m): 9:47pm On May 09, 2016
@ Ebal the deceased until her death was a 400level Bonafide Public Administration student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, awka .. and the personality is a "She" .. please make your corrections. Rip Vera darling, we will miss you.

1 Like

Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by dombenis(m): 9:57pm On May 09, 2016
ochuko2020:
R.I.P
e why fine and beautiful baby like this just gone. may her soul rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 09, 2016
dubemnaija2:
Sad
Since may 29th 2015, bad news everywhere
i day tell u. I know trust this APC......
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 09, 2016
dubemnaija2:
Sad
i day tell u. I know trust this APC......
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by chiefolododo(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2016
angryEeeeeeeyah , this babe fine oo, why she come die na? lipsrsealed
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by GeneralFestytop(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2016
why is it that devil only target the finale yr students....... so sad
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by perp(f): 10:52pm On May 09, 2016
[quote author=dubemnaija2 post=45459899]Sad

Since may 29th 2015, bad news everywhere [/quote

Especially in Rivers state. ]
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by wasiudvd(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2016
otiigba1:
yes that can happen too, the fumes must have gotten into her lungs through inhalation causing further damages to the the kidney. Which could result to mortalty if not treated properly using the right equipments Which i doubt one would find in nigerian hospitals.
You r on point.
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by melinga(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2016
RIP embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by queenprecy(f): 11:16pm On May 09, 2016
Rest in peace Vera
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by Erickthewreck: 11:24pm On May 09, 2016
So sad.
Rip
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by ststyreal(f): 11:40pm On May 09, 2016
May the lord forgive you your sins and usher you into his kingdom, amen. Rest in peace miss.

2 Likes

Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by Rashelany: 11:46pm On May 09, 2016
may your soul RIP
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:49am On May 10, 2016
RIP pretty soul. May God Give Your Family and friends the strength to bear this terrible loss.
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by Izyyblaze(f): 3:06am On May 10, 2016
Oh my! What a terrible way to die. To think that she was just few months shy of being a graduate. I can't even start imagining what her family is feeling right now,her mum especially. If she had known,she wouldn't have resumed yet...maybe,just maybe,this might have been averted. Though I don't know her,I feel kinda close to her (could be because she was a final year student like me,and in the same school). Our medical center is not a place I'll advice Even an enemy to go to. May God continue to keep/preserve us,cos one can never be too careful.
To the family and friends/aquintance of the diseased,may God grant you the heart to bear your loss,and fill the gap her demise must have created in your hearts,amen.be strong.
Eternal rest I pray for thee,miss Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, amen. goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by hipsyleema(f): 7:08am On May 10, 2016
dubemnaija2:
Sad

What are you insinuating? Na change of power cause the gas to explode abi na change of power cause drivers to misbehave for road? Help me understand biko. Lol
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by granely(f): 7:46am On May 10, 2016
RIP my dear Chioma, still hard to believe that you are gone forever, my fine bae, epitome of beauty, always cheerful and smiling with good heart, we will miss you dear #weeping#
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by slimmestify(f): 8:11am On May 10, 2016
Ooohh so sad,RIP dear
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by bedspread: 1:42pm On May 10, 2016
Bro otigba1 arguements on eternal matters are baseless. Its a choice. If you feel you are too big, rich or handsome to set your alright with God, good for you.
Be wise, Accept Jesus if you have not! That's all i hv with you. God bless you
otiigba1:
what bout you? Were will you be heading? You sound so sure of yourself. Maybe you feel more Righteous that others.
Me thinks you should be more worried bout you tongue
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 10, 2016
Why 'piece' or was it also a typo on your part?

RIP Chioma.
dhtml18:
@op/mod, please correct the typo. May her soul rest in piece (Amen)
Re: Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) by otiigba1(m): 5:33pm On May 10, 2016
bedspread:
Bro otigba1 arguements on eternal matters are baseless. Its a choice. If you feel you are too big, rich or handsome to set your alright with God, good for you.
Be wise, Accept Jesus if you have not! That's all i hv with you. God bless you
its a choice Right? So why are you telling me and other people to accept? Why not live us alone to make our choice? You see how confused you are.
I am not arguing with you i am just making my opinion just like you made yours tongue.

Nothing to do with handsome, don't forget its God who created handsome people. so nothing wrong with been handsome and handsome and rich people can also accept Jesus. You see how confused you are again?

Do you even know the Origin of christianity?
Again, i say worry about yourself leave other people alone!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two FUTO Students Found Dead In Their Lodge Today (Graphic Photos) / When Your Village People Sit Near You In The Exam Hall (Photo) / Private Universities In Nigeria And Their Current Tuition Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.