Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? (18565 Views)

Why Single Girls Are Turning You Down When You Ask Them Out / Turning Him Into A HUSBAND MATERIAL. / Guys How Do You Treat Unannounced Visit By A Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by Borat1: 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2009
What do you think about your guy/girl turning up at your house without prior notification?
For some people its no big deal, for others its a No-No.
For me, i think courtesy demands you say you are going to show up at so so and so time cos you are not going to bust me like some P.I. cheesy
Some girls are very fond of this "Bad" habit or what do you think?
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by posakosa(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2009
If Im not married to you, why the heck would you show up to my house unannounced. THATS A BIG NO-NO! BIG ONE.

I'd take someone checking my text messages, than a lunatic who shows up to my house unannounced. Thats just darn creepy. undecided undecided
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by Borat1: 3:56am On Aug 14, 2009
It smacks of suspicion and distrust.
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by binhozie(m): 4:02am On Aug 14, 2009
I dont see anything wrong in it. If you both trust each other then why not. You're welcome anyday so its not unannounced.
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by whitelexi(m): 7:06am On Aug 14, 2009
Trust is associated to a serious relationship, except in such cases why would a gf turn up unannounced??

Just pray it aint raining cos u'll surely get a good soaking - that door will remain shut!
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by peelovee(f): 10:42am On Aug 14, 2009
~Borat~:

What do you think about your guy/girl turning up at your house without prior notification?
For me, i think courtesy demands you say you are going to show up at so so and so time cos you are not going to bust me like some P.I. cheesy

binhozie:

I dont see anything wrong in it. If you both trust each other then why not. You're welcome anyday so its not unannounced.

binhozie you are correct! except guy/babe has some underground secrets.
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by Ben13: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2009
It depends on the level of the relationship.
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by yjay(f): 10:55am On Aug 14, 2009
Ben20001:

It depends on the level of the relationship.

i would ve to agree with Ben, it does ve to do with the level of relationship, if the relationship is a serious one by that i'm assuming both parents are involved that kinda thingy there's nothing wrong in popping in unannounced but if otherwise which a lot of ladies like to do(wonder y) its best to call before showing up not because of anything but i think its the appropriate thing to do!
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by yjay(f): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2009
whitelexi:

Trust is associated to a serious relationship, except in such cases why would a gf turn up unannounced??

Just pray it aint raining cos u'll surely get a good soaking - that door will remain shut!

lol, that wld be mean o!!!!
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by izeek(m): 11:02am On Aug 14, 2009
we have to be serious to have u come unannounced.
funny i was aske this same qst by my girl recently, and i told her she shud just demand for my key instead.
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by sesman(m): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2009
i think it all depends on the level of relationship you have with the person, if its a serious relationship, dont think i will have a problem with that, but if its somone i only started dating, i will be slightly suspicious of her actions, i will let her in the first time, but if it happens again, the door will remain shut, and the same might be said about the relationship grin
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by Junee(f): 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2009
I want to believe its wrong.

But realy what if she pops in unannounced . . . what really are the men scared of? Is there something there to hide?
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by debest1(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2009
This has nothing to do with trust, its common courtesy that you inform someone you would be visiting, except of course it's an emergency even then at least call and let the fellow know you are on the way. People who really do that are paranoid, dont trust their friend or are just damn rude!
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by queen56: 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d, oyo
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by yjay(f): 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2009
@debest1 wat happened to the picture, still waiting!
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by shhhine(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2009
Only if she is my fiancee and she will surely have the key, so she can come to my house unannounced but if she is just one of them then she better get an appointment or she go grow bear bear for there
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by debest1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2009
yjay:

@debest1 wat happened to the picture, still waiting!
Did you not see it? I posted it as promised, had to take it down afterwards as i wanted it to be "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY"
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by Junee(f): 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2009
Why is it "ok" if a guys pops in unannounced but questioned if the lady does?

This has happened wit me & i'm fyn wit it, but i don't do it . . . i wouldn't, i prefer to be invited no matter the closeness.

But the issue when this topic comes up guys are quick to say "No, No No"
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by biola44: 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2009
its not a big deal,
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by debest1(m): 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2009
Junee:

Why is it "ok" if a guys pops in unannounced but questioned if the lady does?

This has happened wit me & i'm fyn wit it, but i don't do it . . . i wouldn't, i prefer to be invited no matter the closeness.

But the issue when this topic comes up guys are quick to say "No, No No"
the no no applies to both gender in my books. If the guy is visiting he should out of courtesy alert her afterall its her house and he is a guest ,
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by Gentlelady(f): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2009
It not a big issue. But it is polite to call first or let your host know before you arrive, so you do not rudely distrupt their personal plans.
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by galatico(m): 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2009
If my Girl friend does that I'll simply think she's suspicious!!!
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by joyblinks(f): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
na only those waka waka boys go support this post. as ona no want trouble

what if something happens and she needed to get to you immidiately, and maybe ur phone was not going thru and she knew u will be in the house.

if u support this post, it means u cant even give your fiancee the key to your room. make she no come catch u where u dey do kerewa with another woman.

wat else will you be keeping away from her?
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by jalether(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2009
joyblinks:

na only those waka waka boys go support this post. as ona no want trouble

what if something happens and she needed to get to you immidiately, and maybe ur phone was not going thru and she knew u will be in the house.

if u support this post, it means u cant even give your fiancee the key to your room. make she no come catch u where u dey do kerewa with another woman.

wat else will you be keeping away from her?

Stop bulls**ting, no matter the situation, emergency or not she has to let me know b4 invading my privacy

now check this out, what if am sleeping or simply aint in the mood to entertain any visitor, any guy that allows

such disrespect simply does not value his own privacy and aint keeping it real neither, only my fiancee has the right

to barge in on me unannounced but then again . . . . . . . a little courtesy still goes a long way
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by Borat1: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2009
Joy blinks your excuses are what ifs are too much abeg. Kai!
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by yjay(f): 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2009
debest1:

Did you not see it? I posted it as promised, had to take it down afterwards as i wanted it to be "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY"

i ddnt see it o!!!!! so now that im here think u shld put it up ASAP!!!!!
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by debest1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2009
yjay:

i ddnt see it o!!!!! so now that im here think u shld put it up ASAP!!!!!
haaa u slack oooo i had it up 4 u and u alone, how come u missed that wonderful sight? ok will only put it up if u r nice to me , u know how to behave wen a gal wants something from a guy,
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by yjay(f): 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2009
debest1:

haaa u slack oooo i had it up 4 u and u alone, how come u missed that wonderful sight? ok will only put it up if u r nice to me , u know how to behave wen a gal wants something from a guy,

big time!!!! wondering how i cld ve missed that!lol how to behave undecided wat do u ve in mind?
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2009
I feel peeps who do stuff like that have got issues. , like we are not married. . .so why should you just show up at my place unannounced? undecided
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by Macgreat(m): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2009
~Borat~:

In a serious relationship? Kini big deal?

Non seriuos sh*t?, no Fu*king way am gonna allow that
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by iice(f): 5:22pm On Aug 25, 2009
Depends. . .if i feel like it, sure. I'm used to people showing up unannounced anyway.
Re: What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? by hade(m): 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2009
Why not, if it is somebody you profess that u love, u gat to live up to ur own end of the bargain. xcept if u've gotten skeletons in ur wardrobe

check this out for more confirmation
http://withlovefromafrica-gbenga..com/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Tradition For A Married Man To Have A Girlfriend? / These Images Will Make You Reconsider Your Beliefs (photos) / Lady Punishes Her Cheating Boyfriend,orders Him To Write 'I Won’t Cheat No More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.