Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. (31203 Views)

Ghanaian Nurse Vitiligo Sufferer: "Why My Mum Deserves Some Accolades" / Please Help My Mum Is Dying / Please Come In: I Was Stung By A Scorpion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Zealous2710(m): 5:07am On May 10, 2016
Good day fellow Nairalanders. Jst some minutes ago, I saw my mum dressing up to go out. I asked where she was going cos she never told me she will be going out this early morning. She said she wanted to go ask our neighbor if they have this local antidote popularly known has "Aporo Epa'jebu". Before she could finish what she was saying I noticed there was something tied to her leg. I asked what happen and she told me she was stung by a little scorpion.
I remembered I have this antidote which friend gave to me when I was going for my NYSC last year. (Passed out last month). Now, she has taken the antidote but please anybody with a useful information on how to treat a scorpion bite. Thank you in advance.
.... Help do d needful. Thanks.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by delishpot: 5:13am On May 10, 2016
She should go to a clinic for treatment. Nothing to fear though scorpion stings are mostly painful, they are hardly deadly.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/scorpion-stings/basics/lifestyle-home-remedies/con-20033894

15 Likes

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by SUPOL(m): 5:13am On May 10, 2016
Call a doctor or better still take her to the hospital. One injection will be ok

2 Likes

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by dyadeleye(m): 5:18am On May 10, 2016
If a scorpion stings you or your child, follow the suggestions below. Healthy adults may not need further treatment, and these tips can help keep children safe until they see a doctor:

Clean the wound with soap and water.
Apply cold compresses to the affected area to ease the pain and slow the venom's spread. This is most effective in the first two hours after a sting occurs.
Keep the affected limb raised to the level of your heart.
Try to stay calm and quiet so that the poison spreads more slowly.
Don't consume food or liquids if you're having difficulty swallowing.
Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen (Motrin IB, Chlidren's Motrin, others), can help ease discomfort. But avoid using narcotic pain medications, which can suppress breathing.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/scorpion-stings/basics/lifestyle-home-remedies/con-20033894

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by madridguy(m): 5:40am On May 10, 2016
I hope you people have tied the affected area to stop the scorpion venom from circulating around? To me that is the first aid, then go to the hospital or get a wise one around if possible.

My regards to her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by kossyablaze(m): 5:48am On May 10, 2016
No carry am go hospital.... Mr linus

3 Likes

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by blackboi(m): 6:05am On May 10, 2016
You mean a scorpioRado stung your mum?

Eya sorry to her... May a thousand bats rape that scorpion to death. shocked

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by singlefade25(f): 10:09am On May 10, 2016
HA

1 Like

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by victor247: 10:10am On May 10, 2016
OKAY NA 4 NAIRALAND SHE GO GET TREATMENT. DEY FOOL URSEF!

6 Likes

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by theshaderoom: 10:10am On May 10, 2016
take her to the hospital, they should have an antidote there
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Generalkorex(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2016
apply the 'aporo epa ijebu' then take her to hospital.

1 Like

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Nobody: 10:11am On May 10, 2016
Very f00lish of you to have firstly come here for help!

5 Likes

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by adedam007(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2016
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by nnadychuks(m): 10:12am On May 10, 2016
Scorpions and lonomia obliqua don't killgrin, but she still needs to go for a hospital checkup
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by maxwelloweezy(m): 10:12am On May 10, 2016
Mummy be Healed IN JESUS NAME AMEN!!!

4 Likes

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by tolexy007(m): 10:13am On May 10, 2016
eeya

1 Like

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Nobody: 10:13am On May 10, 2016
wish her quick recovery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by froshMezie(m): 10:14am On May 10, 2016
Sorry
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by stevenson007: 10:15am On May 10, 2016
the last time i got bitten by a scorpion was on my ear....

that day was hell for me....

i used many things that day oh. onions, saliva, gbogboniche some i cant even remember. it was horrible!

6 Likes

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by dammytosh: 10:15am On May 10, 2016
Take her to the hospital.

That aporo epa Ijebu is a fraud Buhari has to do something about.

Please rush her to the hospital right away. Don't kill the woman with ignorance please .
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by SmithHumble50: 10:15am On May 10, 2016
hope u have taken her to d hospital??

NL No get first aid kits angry
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by jordinsparkles(f): 10:15am On May 10, 2016
Dis blackboi funny die..... Hmmmm well the best thing is to go to the hospital. It is well....

1 Like

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2016
Nice...

Your Mum is about to get super Powers and become Scorpion Mum.

1 Like

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by newfound2012: 10:16am On May 10, 2016
if she can bear the pains, just rub vinegar on the spot to reduce the swelling and give her a drop of it in half cup(ceramic, glass or stainless cup) of water.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Speakdatruth: 10:16am On May 10, 2016
OK tell yo mom sorry for me
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by acerr(m): 10:17am On May 10, 2016
It is nothing, we have over1300 species of scorpions and only 2 species are poisonous. One of it is the bark scorpion which are rarely seen in dwelling places they are thiny and yellowish in colour so tell her to seat back relax and wait till the pain go away.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by hakeem4(m): 10:17am On May 10, 2016
tell her to chew onion and drink kerosene, it would make her last

I'm serious
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by rita25(f): 10:17am On May 10, 2016
RUN go and find this movie cald "MORTAL COMBAT" there is this character called scorpion....ask him what you should do and why did he choose your mother of all pple to sting her when sub zero is also present? grin
tell you mama sorry let her rest since you say its a small scorpion give it like 3-5 hours the sting will subside and una go clean una house and fumigate against creepy thing later..... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Nobody: 10:18am On May 10, 2016
Who Wants To Buy Foreign Dogs? Reply Me If Interested.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by newfound2012: 10:18am On May 10, 2016
if she can bear the pains, just rub vinegar on the spot to reduce the swelling and give her a drop of it in half cup(ceramic, glass or stainless cup) of water. this procedure is very effective and am speaking from experience

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unvaccinated Civil Servants Barred From Federal Secretariat, Abuja (Photo) / Man Commits Suicide In Kano (Photo) / Plateau Organ Theft: Seven Other Ex-patients Found With Missing Kidneys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.