Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. (31102 Views)

Ghanaian Nurse Vitiligo Sufferer: "Why My Mum Deserves Some Accolades" / Please Help My Mum Is Dying / Please Come In: I Was Stung By A Scorpion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by harryhenry02: 12:32pm On May 10, 2016
African approach

1. tie the affected area if possible to avoid spread of the venom
2. give a snob of big onions to eat and ease the pain.
3. use a virgin razor blade to make a small cut on the stung point and place a black stone on it.

1 Like

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by kossyablaze(m): 12:57pm On May 10, 2016
linusbnn:

Why you dey call my name,i owe you?
lol abeg sorry
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Elchappo: 1:46pm On May 10, 2016
RalphTheToner:
Who Wants To Buy Foreign Dogs? Reply Me If Interested.

Re they cross bred with scorpions
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 10, 2016
Elchappo:

Re they cross bred with scorpions
lolzz,i dont want to get stung oh,buh if you got sum1 interested,u can buzz me.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Rexyl(m): 2:45pm On May 10, 2016
Blessograo:
N.B the general antidote for every poison is charcoal if drugs are not close to you

are you serious about this, how does it work? So that this treatment can be grouped as ...
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 10, 2016
The fact that your mum can still dress hersf up means yu have nothing to worry about.

I was stung few months ago, by a small scorpion dou, I did not use anything and nothing hapned afterwards. I just felt the pain for some minutes and it was gone
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Rexyl(m): 2:49pm On May 10, 2016
harryhenry02:
African approach

1. tie the affected area if possible to avoid spread of the venom
2. give a snob of big onions to eat and ease the pain.
3. use a virgin razor blade to make a small cut on the stung point and place a black stone on it.

this treatment meant for only scorpion sting or for all biting poisons including snakes?
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Rexyl(m): 3:01pm On May 10, 2016
hatchy:
Na wa for you o! I don't expect this thrash from an educated person like you.Don't you know the road to the hospital? Is it until the venom spread round her blood stream and cause more havoc that you will do the needful?. Please see a doctor ASAP.

must everything be hospital, what if none is available and mobility is not existing at that crucial time. I think we must search for alternative remedies where and when they are available.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by treasurevee9(f): 3:18pm On May 10, 2016
I've been stung by a scorpion twice but neva felt d pain or took any medication 4 it. Though i hrd eating onion and applying kerosene on d affected area works.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by samjadinero(m): 3:29pm On May 10, 2016
All you need is a N5 note and some incantations to get the venom out of her bloodstream and some wild pepper (atare) .
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by chronique(m): 3:45pm On May 10, 2016
You're single,your name is fadekemi and you're 25 yrs old. smiley
singlefade25:
HA

1 Like

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by bienimac: 3:57pm On May 10, 2016
let her eat much onions raw. probably two bulbs
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by omorttee4u(m): 4:24pm On May 10, 2016
Pls tell her to consume more of ginger and apply ginger on the bite... she will be fine..
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by singlefade25(f): 4:37pm On May 10, 2016
hahahahahahaha.......i am not single grin
chronique:
You're single,your name is fadekemi and you're 25 yrs old. smiley
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by linusbnn(m): 5:03pm On May 10, 2016
kossyablaze:
lol abeg sorry

grin grin grin. No wahala
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by stevecantrell: 5:06pm On May 10, 2016
Take your mum to a hospital.

There was this guy called Peter Parker, he also refused to go to hospital. Look what happened to him.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by jeffbran(m): 5:37pm On May 10, 2016
Zealous2710:
Good day fellow Nairalanders. Jst some minutes ago, I saw my mum dressing up to go out. I asked where she was going cos she never told me she will be going out this early morning. She said she wanted to go ask our neighbor if they have this local antidote popularly known has "Aporo Epa'jebu". Before she could finish what she was saying I noticed there was something tied to her leg. I asked what happen and she told me she was stung by a little scorpion.
I remembered I have this antidote which friend gave to me when I was going for my NYSC last year. (Passed out last month). Now, she has taken the antidote but please anybody with a useful information on how to treat a scorpion bite. Thank you in advance.
.... Help do d needful. Thanks.
give her onion.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by chronique(m): 5:48pm On May 10, 2016
At least,I now know fadekemi is 25yrs old. Single in this context,is relative... angry cheesy grin
singlefade25:
hahahahahahaha.......i am not single grin
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by singlefade25(f): 6:43pm On May 10, 2016
grin
chronique:
At least,I now know fadekemi is 25yrs old. Single in this context,is relative... angry cheesy grin
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by blackmoro1(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2016
onions will do it all
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by lhawarl1(m): 9:20pm On May 10, 2016
Yu just ave 2 eat drink snake venom,
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by afobie: 10:36pm On May 10, 2016
Tell her to shew many buld of onion.she should not drink kerosine as someone wrote here.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Blessograo(f): 11:47am On May 11, 2016
just make the person chew it, cos the only way to get poison from your body is either vomitting it or excreting it with your feaces or urine. either you chew it or you grind it and gulp it down with water and it takes its effect immediately. we cannot always put our hands in our mouth to vomit so you take charcoal, its something i learnt during my immunalogy class as a Med & Surg student, for scorpoins their stings causes anaphylactic shock therefore epinephrine is an antidote but for other poisions like battery acid, pesiticide poision etc, use charcoal. other antidotes are methylene blue, CaCl,(calcium chlorie) Sodium nitrite and so on;
Rexyl:

are you serious about this, how does it work? So that this treatment can be grouped as ...
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Rexyl(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2016
Blessograo:
just make the person chew it, cos the only way to get poison from your body is either vomitting it or excreting it with your feaces or urine. either you chew it or you grind it and gulp it down with water and it takes its effect immediately. we cannot always put our hands in our mouth to vomit so you take charcoal, its something i learnt during my immunalogy class as a Med & Surg student, for scorpoins their stings causes anaphylactic shock therefore epinephrine is an antidote but for other poisions like battery acid, pesiticide poision etc, use charcoal. other antidotes are methylene blue, CaCl,(calcium chlorie) Sodium nitrite and so on;

If I may understand you very well charcoal will serve as an antidote for poison --- but this treatment will only work for poison swallowed where charcoal can work as a neutralizer. Now it is biting poison not something swallowed, do you think those mediums will work perfectly as antipoison, and if they do what about snake poison or venom?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

490 New COVID-19 Cases, 382 Discharged And 7 Deaths On June 28 / My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? / Man Suffers Severe Burns After Using Aftershave With Manipulated Expiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.