Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Wizkid helps Drake score his 1st ever billboard no.1 hit as a lead artist - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wizkid helps Drake score his 1st ever billboard no.1 hit as a lead artist (832 Views)

Confused Guys Wich Leg Did Cr7 Used To Score His Overhead Kick / Rumoured Dead Rigobert Song Makes His 1st Public Appearance(pics) / Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid helps Drake score his 1st ever billboard no.1 hit as a lead artist by CzarRex: 7:14am On May 10, 2016
Drake just landed his first ever No. 1 track as a
lead artist on the Billboard charts. One Dance
featuring Wizkid and Kyla just topped the charts.
Billboard shared the news on their website –

Drake celebrates his first No. 1 as a
lead artist on the Billboard Hot
100(dated May 21), as “One
Dance,” featuring WizKid and Kyla,
climbs 2-1.

The track is from his new album,
Views, which, as previously
reported, debuts at No. 1 on the
Billboard 200 with his best sales
week and a record-setting weekly
streaming total.

Back in October, "Hotline Bling" peaked at #2
on the chart. At the time, Drake took to
Instagram to say that "no accolades really
matter to me other than the fact that I have
never had a billboard number one" and to
celebrate, "if you are looking for me on that
particular evening I will be passed out in the
water slide that connects to our pool." He said
it would be especially meaningful because it
was his birthday month and the namesake of
his OVO, October's Very Own, brand.
Since it is now May, will we find Drake passed
out on his water slide in his pool that is
bigger than Kanye's ?

For Wizkid this is a ‘double double’ feat – he’s the
first Nigerian artiste on the Billboard charts and
also the first to be number one.

https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/05/its-an-
afrobeats-takeover-wizkid-helps-drake-score-
his-1st-ever-billboard-no-1-hit-as-a-lead-
artist-with-one-dance/

cc lalasticlala, seun, ishilove, airmark

1 Share

Re: Wizkid helps Drake score his 1st ever billboard no.1 hit as a lead artist by missdebs(f): 7:18am On May 10, 2016
meet a Nigerian and prosper
Re: Wizkid helps Drake score his 1st ever billboard no.1 hit as a lead artist by lordempire(m): 7:38am On May 10, 2016
Fabulous
Re: Wizkid helps Drake score his 1st ever billboard no.1 hit as a lead artist by ireneony(f): 8:41am On May 10, 2016
Do u know wizkid co produced the song.
I have listened to "one dance" u will clearly see wizkid influence over it. Why? The genre of "one dance" afrobeat.
Kudos to wizkid. .i'm proud of him.
Afrobeat taking over cool
Re: Wizkid helps Drake score his 1st ever billboard no.1 hit as a lead artist by CzarRex: 10:02am On May 11, 2016
ireneony:
Do u know wizkid co produced the song.
I have listened to "one dance" u will clearly see wizkid influence over it. Why? The genre of "one dance" afrobeat.
Kudos to wizkid. .i'm proud of him.
Afrobeat taking over cool
do u knw Americans rate it as shit..Cus its not hip hip and dey dont knw which genre it belongs to

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager / Nigeria 1-0 Tanzania | 10 Things We Saw In Rohr, Super Eagles’ Tactical Approach / How Much Is CR7 Worth Now With The UCL Facts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.