Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians (1974 Views)

Poll On Twitter Between GEJ And Buhari Regarding The Current Issues In Nigeria / PMB Will Not Hand Over To Igbo The Way North Stupidly Handed Over To GEJ- Junaid / FG Drags NLC And TUC To Court Over Planned Industrial Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by BakireBulmaker: 11:03am On May 10, 2016
If the planned subsidy removal and deregulation of the downstream sector of the petroleum industry sails through, then NLC and TUC must tender an unreserved heartfelt apology to GEJ and Nigerians.

These 2 unions set Nigeria back by at least 4 years.

Had GEJ been successfully allowed to remove subsidy in early 2012, by now, we'd have started reaping the benefits though there would have been initial pain. Afterall, no pain, no gain!
By now, private refineries would have sprung up here and there and in fact, filling stations will almost advertise their new pump prices from time on TV/radio to attract customers. Competition will force pump prices down!
Of course, several thousand jobs would have been created alongside.

Unfortunately, labour made us jettison all this for an increase in pump price from N65 to N97.

Today, we are back to square one. Still contemplating what we would completely forgotten about four years ago.

Has anyone observed that telcos are almost the only companies that have reduced their tariffs/chrges by introducing mouth-watering incentives anytime you recharge rather than increase them in this harsh economic times?
The reason is simple - there is a stiff, bitter competition for survival in the market. Now imagine if it were only NITEL running the show.

I wanted to say 'e no go beta for NLC and TUC of 2012' but it's still early in the day.

All the same, GEJ deserves knocks for giving in at the time. The thought of contesting and winning a second term rendered him completely spineless, clueless and largely irresponsible.
I don't see PMB giving in no matter the pressure this time around.
No wonder, GEJ had to be thrown out. A leader must be stubborn and rugged. He just was not fit for the job.
No regrets!

Good morning everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by daniska3yaro(m): 11:17am On May 10, 2016
U forgot to add the governors too.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by cornoil(m): 11:23am On May 10, 2016
Ook cool
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by BakireBulmaker: 2:01pm On May 10, 2016
daniska3yaro:
U forgot to add the governors too.

The governors were not against the initial removal.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by David25(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2016
Had fuel hasn't risen from 25 to 97, there wouldn't have been no pain at all. "No pain.... well no Pain" that's my philosophy.
I'm so done with government no one deserves to be in those posts they are frauds
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by David25(m): 2:31pm On May 10, 2016
Had fuel not risen from 65 to 97, there wouldn't have been no pain at all. "No pain.... well no Pain" that's my philosophy.
I'm so done with government no one deserves to be in those posts they are frauds
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by ashjay001(m): 2:39pm On May 10, 2016
It wasn't spineless as such, it was him being his clueless self! I've noticed a trend abt ds PMB govt; they leak their decisions and guage public reactions before any official step is taken.

GEJ didn't do consultations, him n his co-buffoons woke up and removed subsidy!
PMB is consulting with NASS, NLC and other stakeholders. They leaked d consultations n d populace is still passive unlike what was obtainable during d budget signing crisis. #commonsenseatwork!

Let see if they cn succeed.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by BakireBulmaker: 9:46pm On May 10, 2016
ashjay001:
It wasn't spineless as such, it was him being his clueless self! I've noticed a trend abt ds PMB govt; they leak their decisions and guage public reactions before any official step is taken.

PMB is consulting with NASS, NLC and other stakeholders. They leaked d consultations n d populace is still passive unlike what was obtainable during d budget signing crisis. #commonsenseatwork!

But the 'consultations' are already causing the population untold hardship.
Let PMB just remove the subsidy already.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by MasterofNL: 9:58pm On May 10, 2016
Supported.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by BakireBulmaker: 10:46pm On May 10, 2016
MasterofNL:
Supported.

Thank you.
However PMB needs to act with dispatch.
His slowness is equally irritating!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by ashjay001(m): 7:33am On May 11, 2016
BakireBulmaker:

But the 'consultations' are already causing the population untold hardship.
Let PMB just remove the subsidy already.

If he does it d GEJ way, u will be surprised at how fast d street will be filled with protesters! Let him calm labour and all others down, they are d ones that will lead all dissenting opinions.

This is d perfect time to remove subsidy, as pple are already used to buying at exorbitant sums, just pray he jumps on it!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by Pidggin(f): 7:38am On May 11, 2016
BakireBulmaker:
If the planned subsidy removal and deregulation of the downstream sector of the petroleum industry sails through, then NLC and TUC must tender an unreserved heartfelt apology to GEJ and Nigerians.

These 2 unions set Nigeria back by at least 4 years.

Had GEJ been successfully allowed to remove subsidy in early 2012, by now, we'd have started reaping the benefits though there would have been initial pain. Afterall, no pain, no gain!
By now, private refineries would have sprung up here and there and in fact, filling stations will almost advertise their new pump prices from time on TV/radio to attract customers. Competition will force pump prices down!
Of course, several thousand jobs would have been created alongside.

Unfortunately, labour made us jettison all this for an increase in pump price from N65 to N97.

Today, we are back to square one. Still contemplating what we would completely forgotten about four years ago.

Has anyone observed that telcos are almost the only companies that have reduced their tariffs/chrges by introducing mouth-watering incentives anytime you recharge rather than increase them in this harsh economic times?
The reason is simple - there is a stiff, bitter competition for survival in the market. Now imagine if it were only NITEL running the show.

I wanted to say 'e no go beta for NLC and TUC of 2012' but it's still early in the day.

All the same, GEJ deserves knocks for giving in at the time. The thought of contesting and winning a second term rendered him completely spineless, clueless and largely irresponsible.
I don't see PMB giving in no matter the pressure this time around.
No wonder, GEJ had to be thrown out. A leader must be stubborn and rugged. He just was not fit for the job.
No regrets!

Good morning everybody.

Who threw him out? The North and SW not SS and SE, quit consoling yourselves, he wasn't rejected by your people based on anything but tribe. Stop disturbing the man, we have a new govt, so write about PMB instead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by comos: 7:58am On May 11, 2016
where is Femi Falana and the Ojota protesters ?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by otukpo(f): 8:05am On May 11, 2016
The apology should be read on NTA, But, CNN, and Aljazeera.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by Nobody: 8:12am On May 11, 2016
Apologise keh, are you kidding me? Everything GEJ did that was labelled wrong, If PMB do am na correct oo. It's either they keep quiet about it or go and dig out one flimsy excuse. Hypocritical people them.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by BakireBulmaker: 1:12pm On May 11, 2016
ashjay001:

If he does it d GEJ way, u will be surprised at how fast d street will be filled with protesters! Let him calm labour and all others down, they are d ones that will lead all dissenting opinions.

This is d perfect time to remove subsidy, as pple are already used to buying at exorbitant sums, just pray he jumps on it!

Well, I trust PMB. Once his mind is made, if Nigerians like they should hit their heads on asphalt, he wont budge.
Now that's a leader.
Most times, the masses dont know what's right. Often times, they dont even knoiw what they want.
That's why a leader is needed to lead them.

Labour once again is gearing up for a showdown if the subsidy is removed. I support PMB to crush them mercilessly.
They are placing the cart before horse by insisting that refineries be fully operational before subsidy is removed.
Nonsense people!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by ahaz: 1:16pm On May 11, 2016
ashjay001:

Let see if they cn succeed.
ure a terrible liar to say gej didn't consult before d removal of u were hybernating in a UFO camp in Jupiter when he did that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by BakireBulmaker: 6:49pm On May 11, 2016
ahaz:
ure a terrible liar to say gej didn't consult before d removal of u were hybernating in a UFO camp in Jupiter when he did that.

GEJ made consultations long before the removal just that he eventually caught everyone unawares when he finally removed it.
His fault/undoing was giving in to protests.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by BakireBulmaker: 9:45pm On May 11, 2016
comos:
where is Femi Falana and the Ojota protesters ?

Shame on Femi Falana and organised labour other folks who should have known better at the time.
However, I dont blame the masses. What do they know?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by ba7man(m): 10:01pm On May 11, 2016
Crap.... GEJ would have looted any money saved back then with his croonies. angry...... just like he had turned any policy by him into an avenue to loot the nation.

He remains a thief.

Subsidy removal during his time would have been the right move at the wrong time due to the person at the helm of affairs.

Thank God he gave me a brain to see things as it is.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by ashjay001(m): 10:11pm On May 11, 2016
BakireBulmaker:

Well, I trust PMB. Once his mind is made, if Nigerians like they should hit their heads on asphalt, he wont budge.
Now that's a leader.
Most times, the masses dont know what's right. Often times, they dont even knoiw what they want.
That's why a leader is needed to lead them.

Labour once again is gearing up for a showdown if the subsidy is removed. I support PMB to crush them mercilessly.
They are placing the cart before horse by insisting that refineries be fully operational before subsidy is removed.
Nonsense people!

As strong as PMB is, he can't win against organized labour! U can't force pple to resume to work, they already don't want to, u then give them excuses not to?! I'm seriously hoping, consultation works.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by BakireBulmaker: 7:59am On May 12, 2016
ashjay001:

As strong as PMB is, he can't win against organized labour! U can't force pple to resume to work, they already don't want to, u then give them excuses not to?! I'm seriously hoping, consultation works.

He has already won!
Organised labour just want to do 'gra gra'.
PMB is not GEJ!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by ashjay001(m): 11:41am On May 12, 2016
BakireBulmaker:

He has already won!
Organised labour just want to do 'gra gra'.
PMB is not GEJ!!

Amen! Watching tinz activated. Inbtw, 'I' have 33k litres of pms 'I' bought at #87, 2days ago, how many % profit did 'I' just make? Lol!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by BakireBulmaker: 2:03pm On May 12, 2016
ashjay001:

Amen! Watching tinz activated. Inbtw, 'I' have 33k litres of pms 'I' bought at #87, 2days ago, how many % profit did 'I' just make? Lol!

Lucky you.
I just strolled into the filling station to buy at N86.50 after service on Sunday.
Had I known, I would have filled my tank and kegs.
What a pity!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NLC And TUC Should Apologise To GEJ And Nigerians by BakireBulmaker: 7:49pm On May 12, 2016
kinglee1:
Apologise keh, are you kidding me? Everything GEJ did that was labelled wrong, If PMB do am na correct oo. It's either they keep quiet about it or go and dig out one flimsy excuse. Hypocritical people them.

After all said and done, GEJ is to blame for not sticking to his guns.

(1) (Reply)

Lovely New Pix Of Ex-lagos State PDP Guber Candidate Jimi Agbaje In Rivers State / GEJ: Buhari Is Not Making Use Of 50% Of His Brain / APC Asking Nigerians About Their 2 Years Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.