Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did (1811 Views)

Fashola Unveils Agenda For Roads, Power And Housing / Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card / Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by babapupa: 6:20am On Aug 14, 2009
nothing for him, angry

[img]http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/photos/2009/08/12/20090812L03.jpg
[/img]

It would be trivial to suggest that Okwaraji is suffering this neglect because of his roots. It is not true. What did his State government do? In 1998, an official of the Imo State Government attended the ninth Okwaraji memorial lecture and promised the Imo State Government had great plans to honour him. One of the plans was the naming of the National Sports Festival that held in Owerri that year after him. Okwaraji was never mentioned made at that festival.

Former Governor Achike Udenwa is from the same locality in Orlu with Okwaraji. He was Governor of Imo State for eight years. He did nothing for the memory of Okwaraji.

http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/200908070307.html

sad sad
Re: Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by desgiezd(m): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2009
So good that Fashola is providing a good leadership example in all aspects. Sam Okwaraji was a great guy who shown love for his motherland and lost his life in action but unfortunately both his state government and the federal government have not shown any interest in honouring him. I was delighted yesterday when I read in one of the dailies that Seyi Olofinjana donated #500k to Okwaraji's mother ahead of the 20th anniversary of his untimely death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by babapupa: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2009
Also good to know they're setting up a foundation to take care of athletes.

For what it's worth, Fashola is still the only sane, compassionate, sensible and right leader in Nigeria and he surely deserves all the praise get gets.
Re: Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by Fhemmmy: 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2009
See Fashola's dressing sef, you will know the guy is simple and smart, not all the fools that wear agbada with their 20-months pregnant stomach.
Go on jare fashi man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by tpiah2: 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2009
I thought people said wearing agbada shows African values instead of western ones.

Anyway, great job but the garden has to be monitored so it doesnt turn into something else.
Re: Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2009
tpiah*:

I thought people said wearing agbada shows African values instead of western ones.

Anyway, great job but the garden has to be monitored so it doesnt turn into something else.

wearing the agbada is good, but on a daily basis? i think there is something behind it.
I agree with yu that the garden dont turn to prostitute garden.
Re: Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by presido1: 10:42am On Aug 20, 2009
desgiezd:

So good that Fashola is providing a good leadership example in all aspects. Sam Okwaraji was a great guy who shown love for his motherland and lost his life in action but unfortunately both his state government and the federal government have not shown any interest in honouring him. I was delighted yesterday when I read in one of the dailies that Seyi Olofinjana donated #500k to Okwaraji's mother ahead of the 20th anniversary of his untimely death.
Most you lie to make a point. Have you been to Orlu or Imo State b4? If you have what the name of the Stadium in Orlu?
Re: Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by asha80(m): 10:50am On Aug 20, 2009
presido1:

Most you lie to make a point. Have you been to Orlu or Imo State b4? If you have what the name of the Stadium in Orlu?

You dey mind uninformed people.
Re: Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by blacksta(m): 10:56am On Aug 20, 2009
presido1:

Na stadium name the Mama and rest of the family go chop - I say make u give the mama money/houses/land u dey give am stadium name

abeg
Re: Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by presido1: 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2009
blacksta:

Na stadium name the Mama and rest of the family go chop - I say make u give the mama money/houses/land u dey give am stadium name
abeg
Are you ok? Do his family tell you they are lacking? So government should be paying the family every month cuz he died playing for Nigeria. I don't think so. Even if that is the case it should be Fed Govt.
Re: Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden: Imo State did by Eshinwaju: 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2018
What have the iboes done for their own?...nothing... grin

(1) (Reply)

Shocker: Dead Bokoharam Leader Re-emerges In A New Video Clip? / You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb / Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.