Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country (40477 Views)

‘SARS Doing Fantastically Well’ — Police Kick Against #endsars Campaign / David Cameron Calling Nigeria Fantastically Corrupt Country (Video) / David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by ttmacoy: 6:57pm On May 10, 2016
Oh please stop all this blame game.

Is it the UK that helped Dasuki steal and share all the money he did? Was it Cameron who asked the customs officer at MMA to ask me for money? We continue to blame and avoid responsibility.

If we know as you say that the UK is corrupt, why can't we be the leading light in the world, instead we are corrupt times 50 and try to push the blame.

We have to own the situation we are in and make the decision to fight it instead of blaming and making excuses and conspiracy theories. You sound like one of those who believe everything bad was done specifically to destroy Nigeria. HIV was aimed to destroy Nigerians greatness. Ebola was meant to stop Nigerians star. Malaria was meant to kill Nigeria, blah blah blah.

Why don't we stop spending all our time and money in churches in pursuit of miracles and start investing in science and technology so we can look after ourselves?

Because I agree with him that we are indeed corrupt means I hate myself for being black lol ok. Continue living in denial and blaming the world for our problems.

onoja12:
you make me laugh,you simple have been brain watch so much that you hate yourself for been black,that is what this is about not corruption ,if the UK want to fight corruption then they would loss everything in the uk,because Uk was built by Africans,either resource or human lifes.as for corruption,the UK keeps and protects the most corrupt people in Africa and there monies are in the Uk,you and read African history they kill African leaders who refuse to be corrupt,as for HIV what rubbish if there was no HIV in 1979 in Nigeria ,we should be more worried about how HIV got into Nigeria by 1985 rather than talking about who stole what,i dont think you know what corruption mean,you actually think corruption is all about taking paper,please you need deep education and definitly not the white mans education

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by aubventure: 6:57pm On May 10, 2016
Ollywhel:
David Cameron calls Nigeria and Afghanistan 'fantastically corrupt'

From the section UK Politics

David Cameron and the Queen

Image caption

The PM was speaking with the Queen, the archbishop of Canterbury, Speaker John Bercow and Commons Leader Chris Grayling
David Cameron has described Nigeria and Afghanistan as "fantastically corrupt" in a conversation with the Queen.

The PM was talking about the forthcoming anti-corruption summit when he made the comments.
It was not clear whether he knew the comments were being recorded.

"We've got some leaders of some fantastically corrupt countries coming to Britain... Nigeria and Afghanistan, possibly the two most corrupt countries in the world," Mr Cameron said.

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby intervened to say: "But this particular president is not corrupt... he's trying very hard," before Speaker John Bercow said: "They are coming at their own expense, one assumes?"
The government will host world and business leaders at the summit on Thursday in London, aiming to "galvanise a global response to tackle corruption".

Source - BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36260193
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by Pheals(f): 6:57pm On May 10, 2016
babsnuel:
see ur life outside..*SMH*
wetin na bro must you abuse me undecided
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by engrchykae(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2016
While we are fantastically corrupt because of British and American economic interests in Nigeria,Britain and her sister USA are fearfully and wonderfully corrupt.
Only few guys would understand what am saying but many inferiority complex suffering patients who sees the west as God wont understand.
Who is lugard if not the gang leader of Elizabeth's robbery squad.and the British missionaries who dropped their holy God for us only to steal our unholy idols.

3 Likes

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by zicoraads: 7:01pm On May 10, 2016
I watched the video. Very, very embarrassing. It wasn't so much about what he said, it's how he said it and the laughter that followed.

3 Likes

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by Horus(m): 7:03pm On May 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4aQdaxBcM

[size=15pt]WATCH HOW FARRAKHAN DEFENDED NIGERIA[/size]

3 Likes

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by Gamesmart: 7:05pm On May 10, 2016
Obijulius:
Is Cameron a wailer or a member of IPOD?

I believe he has more information than any zombie, dead or undead, to make this statement.

If after hearing this government say Abacha loot was money taken illegally anybody thinks Buhari is not a thief then the person is condemned to a lifetime of stupidity.

He has more information about how your dullard Jonathan and his PDP looted Nigeria in billions of dollars.
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by AreaFada2: 7:07pm On May 10, 2016
Justycxx:
He's wailing for a reason and the reason is that there's no other logical explanation to appointing political rogues likes amaechi, tinubu and fashola as ministers other than corruption. Buhari should stop playing the saint role, am just so ashamed of him. he's giving the corruption concept a broader definition. He's not just corrupt, he's a deceptive crook

Corruption is a major issue in 9ja.

But you still have to be diplomatic when talking about it. Image of your country is also important.
You can still fight corruption hard while laundering image at same time.

Shootings and homicide are common in USA. Knife crime is common in UK. But you will never hear either Obama or Cameron generally lampooning their country as the "worst gun crime or knife crime country in the world" when at home or abroad.

Because they know the wide-ranging impact of such gaffe. Not to mention the political implications at home.

2 Likes

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by Gamesmart: 7:08pm On May 10, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

This is the problem with illiterate Igbos

Go and watch the clip

The UK PM, The Queen and the Archbishop of Canterbury all praised Buhari's efforts at curtailing corruption in Nigeria

Dont wail for no reason, it can lead to an early death

Don't mind the wailers.

The Christian man of god quickly highlighted that this present Muslim president was not corrupt. It was the foolish crook before him that made Nigeria incredibly corrupt.
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by onoja12: 7:10pm On May 10, 2016
First our President is fixing the problem,second nothing more disgusting than a black who thinks all blacks are useless but white are good,that is slave mentality ,you wait for a white man to tell you what is good or not,guess what when i flash my passport in a UK airport and you tell me stand aside because i am black but fail to tell a white man from Colombia or mexico to stand aside,that is corruption.as for conspiracy well it is only people with deep slave mentality who thinks that evils where and are not been done to the black race or Africans,when it is all over you every day,so of the two of us who is more of a conspiracy theorist

ttmacoy:
Oh please stop all this blame game.

Is it the UK that helped Dasuki steal and share all the money he did? Was it Cameron who asked the customs officer at MMA to ask me for money? We continue to blame and avoid responsibility.

If we know as you say that the UK is corrupt, why can't we be the leading light in the world, instead we are corrupt times 50 and try to push the blame.

We have to own the situation we are in and make the decision to fight it instead of blaming and making excuses and conspiracy theories. You sound like one of those who believe everything bad was done specifically to destroy Nigeria. HIV was aimed to destroy Nigerians greatness. Ebola was meant to stop Nigerians star. Malaria was meant to kill Nigeria, blah blah blah.

Why don't we stop spending all our time and money in churches in pursuit of miracles and start investing in science and technology so we can look after ourselves?

Because I agree with him that we are indeed corrupt means I hate myself for being black lol ok. Continue living in denial and blaming the world for our problems.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by joe120120(m): 7:25pm On May 10, 2016
Ollywhel:
David Cameron calls Nigeria and Afghanistan 'fantastically corrupt'

From the section UK Politics

David Cameron and the Queen

Image caption

The PM was speaking with the Queen, the archbishop of Canterbury, Speaker John Bercow and Commons Leader Chris Grayling
David Cameron has described Nigeria and Afghanistan as "fantastically corrupt" in a conversation with the Queen.

The PM was talking about the forthcoming anti-corruption summit when he made the comments.
It was not clear whether he knew the comments were being recorded.

"We've got some leaders of some fantastically corrupt countries coming to Britain... Nigeria and Afghanistan, possibly the two most corrupt countries in the world," Mr Cameron said.

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby intervened to say: "But this particular president is not corrupt... he's trying very hard," before Speaker John Bercow said: "They are coming at their own expense, one assumes?"
The government will host world and business leaders at the summit on Thursday in London, aiming to "galvanise a global response to tackle corruption".

Source - BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36260193

D ZOO
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by Ngozi123(f): 7:26pm On May 10, 2016
osesology:
Did he really have to say that?

No, he really didn't. We know that Nigeria is corrupt, our politicians know that Nigeria is corrupt, in fact, the whole world knows that Nigeria is corrupt. We don't need the prime minister of another country to make such a judgment on our country, especially as Buhari has claimed to try to tackle the problem. He knew exactly what he was doing, as evident from the press release from Downing Street. He wanted to demean Nigeria and he succeeded in doing so, why wouldn't he when our own president finds it acceptable to insult his own people in front of the foreign press?
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by redsun(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2016
He is very correct.Nigeria is a dog eat dog world where nothing literally works.There are nothing in place in terms of structures and policies that all citizens should abide by or benefit from.It is like a war torn country,even though there is no obvious war on the ground like irag or syria.
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by EreluY(f): 7:31pm On May 10, 2016
zicoraads:
I watched the video. Very, very embarrassing. It wasn't so much about what he said, it's how he said it and the laughter that followed.

Leaves me utterly cold too. That's typical British attitude he displayed: nice to your face whilst ferociously backbiting in your absence. That said, what he said is equally true. But come to think of it - the West is as guilty. Why? syphoned funds often end up in their banking system. Besides, the activities of European and US oil and gas companies in Nigeria are enmeshed in fantastically corrupt practices. And what about African artefacts stolen and housed in Britain today? Isn't that a classical evidence of fantastically corrupt practices? Perhaps we should say this is a case of pot calling kettle black.

3 Likes

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by Obijulius: 7:34pm On May 10, 2016
Replying was a hard choice,should I rather spend this time savouring my Starbucks cappuccino or respond to your arrogant display of ignorance.

Oh my, the weather North of Kensington Gardens is not to be abused by responding in a style typical to your primitive kind.

Well, brush up on your analytical skills and maybe we could take off the leash on your thick African neck, a possible prelude to some kind of human-ape interaction.

Ioannes:

I believe your intelligence quotient is in the negative.
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by redsun(m): 7:39pm On May 10, 2016
EreluY:

Leaves me utterly cold too. That's typical British attitude he displayed: nice to your face whilst ferociously backbiting in your absence. That said, what he said is equally true. But come to think of it - the West is as guilty. Why? syphoned funds often end up in their banking system. Besides, the activities of European and US oil and gas companies in Nigeria are enmeshed in fantastically corrupt practices. And what about African artefacts stolen and housed in Britain today? Isn't that a classical evidence of fantastically corrupt practices? Perhaps we should say this is a case of pot calling kettle black.

They don't think much of us,because we don't exactly think much of ourselves,that is why we live the way we do,like we are in the stone age. Whiteman respects a dog more that he do respect a typical african who can not think for himself.
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by MrPresident1: 7:40pm On May 10, 2016
ttmacoy:
Really. That's all you've got? Cus Britain is spending money on trident means Nigeria is not corrupt or that Britain is more corrupt?

Try again.

At least they priotise the safety of defending their people compared to Nigerians who stole money expected to defend Nigerians from boko haram

If TNT were brains you wouldnt have enough to split open just one pod of groundnut. Are you crazy? I am showing the world the bigger picture of hypocrisy and duplicity and devilish corruption and here you are raving and frothing about 'defending her citizens', a country budgets enough money to fit a nuclear system that is capable of destroying the world many times over in order to'defend itself' and it makes sense to you? That same country's pm calls you 'fantastically corrupt' and it does not rankle you? You must be a raving lunatic.

You can kiss white ass as much as you like, you are only practicng, your destiny and the destiny of your white masters is to kiss black ass forever wink

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by DonCmos: 7:45pm On May 10, 2016
I support his comment.

Isn't it time we sit up, do you think Buhari himself is free? They are watching him too for he has his records in 1984. But this is 2016, so the question to them is what is Buhari today?

Nigerians have to open up to ourselves. Anti-corruption war is for us all. Our future is at stake here but the battle should be all sides and not one sided.

No freelance officer here all man on the radar.

The Brits ain't free of corruption either, they just know how to sweep things under the carpet, we too are watching you.
But its a shame we are been discussed like that.
Still a proud Nigerian! Best free country in the world freer than the USA.

GOD ESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS NAIJA!!!!
GOD BLESS ME!!
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by Ngozi123(f): 7:46pm On May 10, 2016
Gaborone:
Why does it hurt a spade when you call it a....spade? Anyone?

cheesy grin cheesy grin

It's more about the messenger than the message. He's the leader of a sovereign nation and he ought to show respect to the leader of another sovereign nation, Buhari, by having the decency to keep his private opinions of it to himself. It's a complete lack of respect for Nigeria and all Nigerians. If Buhari does not get an apology out of Mr Cameron then it'll confirm Nigeria as the laughing stock of the world. When Putin made a disparaging remark about Britian a few years back, didn't David Cameron defend his country?

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by Davbams(m): 7:50pm On May 10, 2016
Max24:

Do u want to compare British politicians with Nigeria's. You should be ashamed of yourself. At least British politicians have provided social amenities first for their people before being corrupt. What infrastructures has your Nigerian politicians put in place yet stealing so much... no light, no good roads, no quality education, no good medicals.... and yet u feel like mocking Brown.... the same people many Nigerians are slaving for in England abandoning their country. I think d joke is on you and not Brown. You should weep for our country, nothing to defend.

Sorry o
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by rprme: 7:53pm On May 10, 2016
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by MrPresident1: 7:54pm On May 10, 2016
50calibre:

You're incredibly silly for drawing such comparisons. What similarities are there between a country which allocates a portion of its budget to updating its nuclear trident and one where public funds are constantly misappropriated and siphoned off into private pockets?

The nuclear trident serves as a deterrent, so in essence it is vital to the maintenance of peace but somehow, you are silly enough to expect the UK to abandon its defence objectives and instead use that money to feed the poor people of the world.

You're better keeping silly opinions like this to yourself

You are the quintessence of foolishness. Deterent against who, aliens? Are nuclear weapons a tool in the fight against global terrorism? Defence objectives against who? Russia or America? My friend you are very silly and your sillyness is raised to power infinity. What is the usefulness or purpose of Trident to Britain? On a scale of alternatives they have prioritised the death of the world over its survival and your thick impervious to reasoning and understanding skull cannot see that this is greater corruption inthe world? You cannot see through the duplicity and hypocrisy?

You are incredibly miseducated and lacking in critical reasoning skills. Go and learn pig farming, your education is a waste. wink
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by ooshinibos: 8:02pm On May 10, 2016
I concur , the man aint lying at all
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by brojoshua: 8:08pm On May 10, 2016
Nigeria is deeply corrupt and without true and good justice till now and the judges are deeply corrupt too.
Can you imagine a Nigerian stealing a lot of Nigeria money and then using part of the stolen money to secure the services of more than ninety lawyers to evade and escape justice and to protect and perpetuate corruption and protect the stolen money so that the corrupt one and corruption will defeat Nigeria and win case against Nigeria. The corrupt using corruption money to fight and defeat Nigeria or win case against Nigeria. We are watching. They stole and become too big and too rich and difficult to fight and defeat unless Nigeria is brave and wise in the battle. And most of us are corrupt too and support corruption and the corrupt. But let the few who hate corruption arise and fight corruption good and God will help us
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by ooshinibos: 8:10pm On May 10, 2016
correct sir , you have said well ...corruption at all level , even the EFCC has been affected
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by nkemjacob2(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2016
David cameron. Pls britain is not free from corruption don't paint ur country white. Britain shud re-fund all our corrupt money from our useless and corrupt politicians

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by crazymod: 8:13pm On May 10, 2016
uzo32:
It is not a surprise. The president had been telling the world that all Nigerians are corrupt except him

E be like say them use corruption and cover up swear for una..... We know the ethnic group that speak like this and i am sure you are from across River Niger that has no dignity.

Truth hurts.......
1. Senate president is in corruption trial and your brothers fron across River Niger protesting his innocence.
2. former ministers, former VP Sambo, former PDP chairman Muazu, former EFCC chairman, former custom controller and many more are on the run.
3. A female civil servant gave church millions as tithe
4. Dollars are being discovered in soakaway
5. Stella Uduah using court and immunity to kill corruption charges.
6. Budget padding
7. Former and present senate president involve in Panama scandal and Nigerians didn't even care

How many we go fit count? .................... Nigerians like you are aiding corruption due to ignorance and bigotry.

Shame.
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by Ndolarr: 8:17pm On May 10, 2016
Cameron's unguarded statement is embarrassing but true! With the way idiotic Nigerians celebrate the thieving politicians, government officials, media moguls and bankers, there is no way the country will not be labelled as such. Our judiciary is worse, with senior lawyers defending criminals and judges dishing out stupid court orders giving reprieve to criminals. The Senate President, who is no. 3 public officer, is on trial for corruption, with mind boggling revelation of graft and sleaze, yet he retains his seat and even presides in the Senate when CCT is not in session!! Nigeria has so much been polluted by executive, legislative, judiciary and media thieves, that respected world leaders see the country as a huge joke!!! It is really really embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by mars123(m): 8:19pm On May 10, 2016
Pheals:
So na our generation u want looting to end? It's unfair na !! Let the mula reach us abeg let chop ours too because am also coming to dah government grin grin

Like if you agreed wit me
come on would you go and wash your husband's boxers.
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by 50calibre(m): 8:20pm On May 10, 2016
MrPresident1:

You are the quintessence of foolishness. Deterent against who, aliens? Are nuclear weapons a tool in the fight against global terrorism? Defence objectives against who? Russia or America? My friend you are very silly and your sillyness is raised to power infinity. What is the usefulness or purpose of Trident to Britain? On a scale of alternatives they have prioritised the death of the world over its survival and your thick impervious to reasoning and understanding skull cannot see that this is greater corruption inthe world? You cannot see through the duplicity and hypocrisy?

You are incredibly miseducated and lacking in critical reasoning skills. Go and learn pig farming, your education is a waste. wink

Lol its ironical how foolish individuals like yourself tend to see the "foolishness" in others but not themselves. Inane arguments like this not only depicts a guy with mediocre understanding of the basic concept of a trident, but a guy who's completely oblivious to the serious threats facing the western world... be it rogue nuclear states like North Korea & Iran or an increasingly aggressive Russia (at least in their view)

I'm not going to indulge in your stup*idity, I will lecture you by asking you basic questions.

- Why is it called a trident, what's the principle behind it & how many UK citizens are employed as a result of it?

- Why do the Americans not only maintain their triad, but has the most number of active nuclear missiles at any given point, are they under threat?

- Care to elaborate the bolded statement, is the survival of the U.K. Under any threat as a result of maintaining that trident?

- Do you know what corruption means?

Now let's see the scope of your understanding lol
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by Mom007(f): 8:24pm On May 10, 2016
Why do we always go on the defensive when someone tells us the truth? We should accept criticism and listen to the truth from people who have gotten it right and try to learn from them.
Re: David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country by persius555(m): 8:26pm On May 10, 2016
ttmacoy:
Excuses, excuses, excuses. We are one of the most corrupt nations in the world and that is a fact.

The UK having tax havens is not justification of us being corrupt, and countries such as the UK and Dubai etc. have been putting in place processes to limit the inflow of stolen funds which is one of the aim of this summit isn't it? And besides a tax haven is not necessarily corrupt or illegal.

Lets even assume the UK is willing and happy to take stolen money, is that your justification to steal your country dry Please stop making excuses, we are damn corrupt. News just came out of how we stole aid money given to us for HIV victims, we steal people's salaries and pension, we steal money which was to defend Nigerians against book haram, we steal everything. Went to Nigeria last month, every single person trying to find a way to get money out of you right from the airport. How many times have they asked you for money in HEatrow? If you say Britain is corrupt, please next time you are in the UK bribe a policeman and lets see how it ends for you.

What amazes me most is how some ordinary nigerians are quick to defend and justify corruption especially if it involves their kinsmen or beloved politician.
Just like the last president said, "stealing is not corruption". In nigeria, staeling is celeberation. Corruption thrives in nigeria not because public officers and politicians dont fear god, but because the people condone and indulge in it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths / INEC Tenders Tinubu's Biodata Form, BVAS Report For 36 States, FCT / Oby Ezekwesili Protests Alone Over Plateau Killings (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.