Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,994 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness (35748 Views)

Ronke Shonde’s Sister Denies Lekan Shonde’s Claims / Lekan Shonde Arrested Over Ronke Shonde's Death / Ronke Shonde's Murderer, Lekan Shonde, Wanted By Lagos Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by frisky2good(m): 11:26am On May 11, 2016
Well, an autopsy will get us out of this suspense. He has said he did not beat her so it's very easy to confirm if she was beaten and if the beating resulted in her death. Shame could have made the woman kill herself, she could have had a heart attack or it could have been exaustion from the Abuja sex. Let's the law take it's course and if the guy os quilty, he should be killed too.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by fpeter(f): 11:28am On May 11, 2016
justiz5:

Thanks for your matured response. I know and must agree that not all women are cheats. But the rate of unfaithfulness that surrounds marriage these days. Hmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn I know what I have seen. It's terrible. Not every eye would want to see it. It's scary. It's just so hard to trust again.

If I were in that man's shoes(which I never pray to), I would have done worse. What I see about marriage these days is just a fast lane to the grave.

Don't worry, think about the good ones you know...especially from those within and around you. Look up to you parents or relatives that got it right, believe yours too will be good. I know a lot is going on with marriages today because the devil is really attacking the institution. Choose to standout from the crowd, believe you will have the best.

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Edusouls(m): 11:29am On May 11, 2016
Lilimax:
You didn't kill her but you've been beating her before her death undecided?
Lies from the pit of hell embarassed

You must face the music !
shut up it is no joking matter, is a tragedy...
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by mrlycan: 11:31am On May 11, 2016
What if she poisoned herself and the autopsy reveals that? If the autopsy comes out and shows us that she took drugs or poison,all the idiots saying rubbish here will close their mouth.I am not on this shonde side. But believe me, the day the man walked up on him making that call is the day she lost her life. No matter how proud or a cheat a woman is, if she can say to her husbands hear that a man bleeped her that her toto was on fire, she has lost her woman hood. She knew it was over whenshe was caught with the call, she might have taken something.
Has anyone ever thought of asking the children their own side of the story?
What if she was used for rituals by the oga at work?
What if she called the oga that her cover as been blown and that her husband will kill both of them and the man sends down boys to take her life and pick her phone?

Please think outside the box. I migt be correct but lets wait for the autopsy. You will see wonders.
All involved should be arrested. Even the oga that has the mighty rod of thorns bleeping every angle.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by CioAngels(f): 11:31am On May 11, 2016
Unfortunately she is not hear to tell her own side of the story. Why run away when you are sure you did not kill her? Why did your lawyer say you should say cheating wife? To me, it very childish and did Not carry weight at all. It took your tutor two week to doctor your story. Lekan, i hope there was No outside inffluence to this deadly issue? It has happened to someone before, though life was not lost.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Edusouls(m): 11:32am On May 11, 2016
Movingcoil:
Am just too scared of women.
yes u should be,and me too, these species are so complex and unpredictable that even God keeps some distance with them...
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2016
This man might be saying the truth. Police need to take their time to solve this murder case. Autopsy should be carried out. My advice is we shouldn't be quick to judge.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Edusouls(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2016
mostyg:
Touching story....

A story that touches.....
yeess my man,vry toching, the devil have finally crashed that home into the depths of the sea, temptation came and it overwhelmed the couples,that man is not a killer her wife have finally destroyed her home, may God help him in this darkest hours...
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by donodion(m): 11:37am On May 11, 2016
joseph1013:
A man was having an argument with his wife. Wife is known to be extremely aggressive and violent. Wife holds man by shirt collar, squeezing and screaming. In a bid to escape the situation, man struggles with wife to leave his shirt alone......a little push and she fell...her head hit a hard surface and died.

Did he intend to kill her or was it an accident? Was he wrong in trying to escape her aggression? Should he have avoided to free himself from her stranglehold?

PS: I'm not saying this was what happened but what if?

in this scenario.. that is manslaughter.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by thiscounts(m): 11:47am On May 11, 2016
My conclusion;Possibly he reacted over the conversation he heard from his wife on phone and I can't rule out the possibility of him emotionally swinging into action,the reaction of which left his wife dead.It might not be intentional to kill her but his emotion possibly took over his senses.May we never fall a victim on the both sides of being killed or being cheated upon.Its crazy
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by jackie35(m): 11:53am On May 11, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Hmmmm
But this guy cannot escape jail no matter his story. If that was the case,he shouldn't have run

But wait o,is he telling us that the woman commit suicide?

But wait o,what about if what he said was true?

Hard to judge but Mr. man,go and rest in jail for just 25yrs

let them do autopsy to know if he actually strangle her.
But Baba God knows what human doesn't
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by luciouscookie: 11:54am On May 11, 2016
It's very obvious this man is lying. You didn't beat her but maybe stroked her face hmmmm undecided

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by tunderule2016: 11:58am On May 11, 2016
Shey naija no get forensic department?

ziggy3579:
Lekan Shonde recounts final moment with his late wife
My first contact with Lekan Shonde was in the office of the Commander, Rapid Response Squad (RRS), ACP Tunji Disu. He was already seated with his friends. As I walked in, silence fell on everyone. I exchanged pleasantries and I saw a guy, who was looking tired and worn out. It was obvious his world has crashed on his head.

He was shaking his head intermittently. His words were not too audible, but he kept on saying “I didn’t kill her, I didn’t kill. ” In order to get the best out of him, I needed to get closer. He was now an orphan overnight, a leper no one wanted to touch.

Even his siblings had all deserted him. In my presence, he called his younger brother to come over, but the young man gave one excuse or another on why he couldn’t make it even with assurances from those of us there.

The first question I asked him was ”Lekan, say the truth, did you kill your wife?” He looked me straight in the eyes, head bent and with a low voice that has seen so much anguish in the past few days and said an emphatic “No. I did not kill her, God is my witness.” I didn’t know whether to believe him or not.

He continued: “Before that day, we had been having issues. Since my wife lost her former job (as a banker), I had been the one taking care of all her needs, including the upkeep of our two children. On the day in question, we had some issues.”

He was interjected to explain what the issues were. “I noticed some months back that my wife suddenly changed after she started working for a packaging company in Lagos. She suddenly came home very late. She went to work from Monday to Sunday and hardly prepared food for me and the kids.

“Even with her job, I still took care of her. I have two cars parked in the house, I don’t drive, she was the one who drove the two cars. All my finances were under her care. Even my ATM cards were with her. She drew money from them as she liked. I have been doing my job as a responsible man but I don’t know why my wife suddenly changed.

“Before that day, my wife told me that she was travelling to Abuja on a business trip on behalf of her company and that she would be off for four days. I allowed her. She left me with the two children, agedix and four. I had to combine my job with that of taking care of them.

“A day to her return, a friend called to ask me if I was aware that my wife travelled to Abuja with her boss (name withheld) and they lodged in the same room. I was shocked because my wife never told me she was travelling with him, talkless of sharing room with him for four days. I kept my cool, but was highly worried.

“On her return, I came back earlier than usual, opened the door with my spare key, walked into the house unannounced and overheard her speaking on the phone, ranting away: ’I really enjoyed all our love-making, my whole private part is now paining me from all your bangings, I can’t wait for us to have a repeat of the action, you are the best, my love.’

“While she was saying all that, I walked into the room and she was shocked. I was speechless. She knelt down and started begging me.”

Did you beat her? I interjected again. “No, I didn’t beat her.” He was staring at the floor as he answered me. “Nothing happened, I just stroke my hands around her face (probably slapped her). I left her at that.

“In the morning, I dressed up to go to work. I normally leave for work at about 5:00a.m. daily since I work in Apapa. When I came out, I saw her lying on the couch. I felt she was sleeping and didn’t bother to wake her up. I went away with my key and asked our son to padlock the door from inside.

“It was while I was at work that the nanny called me that they had been trying to ask my wife to open the door but without any response. I asked them to break the door open if she was not responding.

“I was on my way home when I called for update and was told there were police everywhere. Based on this, I was scared. I had to stay away from the house and scene since then.”

Chris Kehinde Nwandu’s one-on-one account with Shonde

http://m.guardian.ng/news/god-is-my-witness-i-didnt-kill-her/
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by YelloweWest: 12:00pm On May 11, 2016
joseph1013:
A man was having an argument with his wife. Wife is known to be extremely aggressive and violent. Wife holds man by shirt collar, squeezing and screaming. In a bid to escape the situation, man struggles with wife to leave his shirt alone......a little push and she fell...her head hit a hard surface and died.

Did he intend to kill her or was it an accident? Was he wrong in trying to escape her aggression? Should he have avoided to free himself from her stranglehold?

I have a better one
What if she tripped and accidentally fell into his fist?

RUBBISH!

3 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by YelloweWest: 12:04pm On May 11, 2016
Category1:
[size=13pt]so who should we believe now! The wife is dead and u can't ask her anything. The story is a bit complicated thou.
So what the man is trying to tell us is that when his wife was sleeping, he didnt hook her neck or prevented her from breathing in one way or the other? no matter what the man say's, they won't release him...naija police is too difficult to handle.

May God not allow us we unmarried to marry a cheating wife ijn...coz my own na gun I go use shoot .
[/size]
Then govt will hang u and your 2inch dick

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by eyinjuege: 12:04pm On May 11, 2016
GodsClan:
why does he like saying cheating wife?

Oh, that's to justify the murder.

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by eyinjuege: 12:11pm On May 11, 2016
thiscounts:
My conclusion;Possibly he reacted over the conversation he heard from his wife on phone and I can't rule out the possibility of him emotionally swinging into action,the reaction of which left his wife dead.It might not be intentional to kill her but his emotion possibly took over his senses.May we never fall a victim on the both sides of being killed or being cheated upon.Its crazy

Who even said he heard any conversation between his wife and her lover? He did. Nobody can confirm that.
Who stroked his wife on the face? He did.
Who claimed to have left his wife motionless on the ground, and still met her the same way the next day and still didn't try to get help for her? He did.

Its very easy for the police to trace the "alleged" lover of the wife through her phone
He's supposed to be the last person the wife spoke to on the phone before her husband murdered her. The police can trace who owns the number. The question set is who did the wife speak to last on her phone?
Those are easy things to determine.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by FxMallam: 12:11pm On May 11, 2016
Going to need a better legal defense or a really good lawyer. I am sure it'll be very difficult to get God on the stand during trial.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 11, 2016
The worse part is if all these hypocritical,misogynistic,chauvinistic,anti-feministic,egoistical Nigerian men are being killed by their wives because of cheating,am afraid Nigeria would go into extinction because 99% are guilty! undecided And anyone who quotes me is also guilty as charged so better ignore and move to the next comment! As for this murderer,He must face the music and serve as warning to others! lipsrsealed
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by ifenes(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2016
God is the only witness? No witness then

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 11, 2016
The pathology report should be helpful in this regard. Police forensics is useless.

Ngokafor:

..Even at that,there has to be concrete evidence in court that the killing was unintentional and due to 'aggressive actions' from the victim before the manslaughter charges be considered instead of murder.Not the beer parlour illustration of 'she held me at the throat almost choking me and refused to let go,so i just gently pushed her and she died' undecided

..The law does not recognised such stories without evidence.

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by abbey621(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2016
This is a difficult story with no easy answer. Unfortunately this is Nigeria where the police and detectives are incompetent and the man is presumably guilty until proven innocent. Most people asking why did he run are right to ask! If the man did not have any hidden agenda, the first response on seeing policemen at your house would be to become curious and find out why they were there! By running it shows guilt, when you mix that with a previous presumption of guilt by law enforcement, you get a murder case!
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 11, 2016
joseph1013:

If it is found that she died from the accident, he might not get a jail term, I think. I'm not a lawyer but I'm sure a good lawyer would get him off the hook

He might get off the hook but he will serve a heck of a long time on remand possibly up to five, maybe up to ten. These cases can be very slow and appeals go first to appeals court and finally to the Supreme Court. The penalty for murder is death so he won't get bail.

I think we should also spare a thought and a prayer for the children whose lives have been damaged by whatever happened between their parents on that fateful day.

Tragic.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by eyinjuege: 12:30pm On May 11, 2016
justiz5:

Thanks for your matured response. I know and must agree that not all women are cheats. But the rate of unfaithfulness that surrounds marriage these days. Hmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn I know what I have seen. It's terrible. Not every eye would want to see it. It's scary. It's just so hard to trust again.

If I were in that man's shoes(which I never pray to), I would have done worse. What I see about marriage these days is just a fast lane to the grave.

Marriage is really not by force, and I'm beginning to think its overrated. You really mustn't get married. There are always women who are equally ready to have kids without getting married, so you can have kids.
I'm saying this because you obviously can't trust any woman, and you say you would probably do worse if you suspect your wife cheats on you.

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by kenrish2(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Hmmmm
But this guy cannot escape jail no matter his story. If that was the case,he shouldn't have run

But wait o,is he telling us that the woman commit suicide?

But wait o,what about if what he said was true?

Hard to judge but Mr. man,go and rest in jail for just 25yrs
how can u say dat this man does nt deserve to spend one day in jail he just one of the victims of evil women who can never be satisfied
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Annalise(f): 12:40pm On May 11, 2016
Category1:
[size=13pt]so who should we believe now! The wife is dead and u can't ask her anything. The story is a bit complicated thou.
So what the man is trying to tell us is that when his wife was sleeping, he didnt hook her neck or prevented her from breathing in one way or the other? no matter what the man say's, they won't release him...naija police is too difficult to handle.

May God not allow us we unmarried to marry a cheating wife ijn...coz my own na gun I go use shoot .
[/size]

s-tpid fkn pigs like you eventually end up on death row. If your wife cheats on you, you pack her load and tell her to leave. Her body does not belong to you, to make you kill her. (This applies to both genders).

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Annalise(f): 12:42pm On May 11, 2016
joseph1013:

well, it has been established that this was not what happened, so your comment is pointless anyways

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by texazzpete(m): 12:45pm On May 11, 2016
Category1:

[/size]

May God not let any of our children be as daft as you.
Based on this flimsy story, you don conclude say the woman na cheat and a serial wife-beater is the voice of innocence.

Not hard to see how we live in such a misogynistic, sexist society when a bunch of men like you are desperate to cling to any story to exonerate an abusive man.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Annalise(f): 12:46pm On May 11, 2016
onkachi:
Claiming amnesia could hve sounded more concidrate , but he's toeing a tough line by claiming innocence, nd before we judge him, let's be truthfull 99% Of men on overhearing that conversation over d phone will kill or at least maime the woman in question, but all d same sorry dude your witness aint talking,its a pity what rage does to one,get a good lawyer nd go for man slaughter or insanity plea, I wish u the best man

The male gender would be an endangered species if women killed or maimed their men over a phone conversation. Yes or nah? No body has any excuse justifying or sympathising with the beast.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Annalise(f): 12:49pm On May 11, 2016
plentykola:
But the dis guy is so gentle when we were young even if a woman shout at him he fit faint then. Ģod if he is not responsible for the dead please he him out

it's because he's scared of his fellow men. Female beaters are like that. Square up to their woman but mellow and meek when they are with their guys!
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by texazzpete(m): 12:49pm On May 11, 2016
joseph1013:

nice try, but the woman was not known to be violent or abusive.

The husband, on the other hand, has been known to be a brute

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman, Nurse Arrested While Aborting 12-year-old’s Pregnancy(photo) / Lady Cries Out After Her Father Was Killed By Fulani Herdsmen On Benin Ore Expre / Fight Between 2 Sisters In Delta State Leaves One Blind In The Eye (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.