Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! (5760 Views)

How Long Have You Used Your Current Smart Phone ? / Please Recommend Good Phone For Me With Durable Battery Between 27 To 30K / Do You Use Bezel-less Smart Phone? (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:10pm On May 14, 2016
Lol another tecno marketer.

Just say u wana advertise tecno and spare us the stories about ur so called aunt needing a phone.

Learner.
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by kesses: 12:57pm On May 16, 2016
My sister is making use of Tecno L8 and it's just like holding the whole world in your hands
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by kesses: 1:07pm On May 16, 2016
are you sure that you have seen or touch the phone because the one i saw and felt at 3CHUB is metal and not plastic.
greenhulk:

And another one, this one is from konga. Do u need more? Go back check the phone very well... I mean very well this time beyond the paint and tell me if it is not plastic.
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Yorubago(f): 7:56am On May 20, 2016
slythemall:
Please who is this? Get a school abeg.

It's come to this right
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Yorubago(f): 7:57am On May 20, 2016
greenhulk:

If u are advertising, at least say the truth no need to lie. Tecno L8 is not made of metal... It plastic, same way gionee fans claim that the m5 is metal when it is made of plastic. Even innjoo claimed that their flex tablet has a mettalic back when it is actually made of flimsy plastic with some cheap mettalic paint that peels off within a few days of use. Not that plastic is bad for phones, Samsung galaxy s5, lg g3 and g4 are made of plastic and are very good phones with superb build quality.... No need to lie.

Must you tag everyone as an advertiser?

You're mad I swear
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by pcoolioz(m): 2:15pm On May 21, 2016
y'all like argument, cos of this I actually collected my frnds L8 and I used a key to tap it as I did mine which was plastic.. it as a plastic covering round but the inner part is metal - the L8 that is. but I know for a fact that it's not plastic
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by jonmoveek: 8:54am On May 23, 2016
saxby:
Durability in what sense??

The body or the screen?
he's got to mean the battery life
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by jonmoveek: 8:56am On May 23, 2016
burstie:
At least get your facts right before blabbing sir. If that phone is used to hit your sorry head, you won't survive it. Tell me it's plastic. I am not in support of stupid adverts from cheap Tecno but I don't like people that feel like they know, and they don't know shit.
Lol, that was mean.
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by jonmoveek: 9:02am On May 23, 2016
TohKunBoh:
Oga the phone is not plastic oh,how will someone even lie about a phone being plastic or not..C8 is plastic but L8 is metallic..jeeeez!!
Lol. I don't just understand some people.
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by jonmoveek: 9:05am On May 23, 2016
gingerman876:
Wait which L8 be plastic cover, abeg pack well well na meta...except if the fake done dey sha. but the original is metal o
Lol. alaba made fit don dey
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Marinza(m): 12:16am On May 30, 2016
i dont even know who to agree with again..plastic or not, the phone is nice.
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Damiandark01: 8:10am On May 30, 2016
L8 is great and last I checked it wasn't plastic.
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by brook75: 5:59am On May 31, 2016
oh good. so finally is it plastic or metal?
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by johnjameson: 11:27pm On May 31, 2016
has the phone fallen without the screen breaking?
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Harlequin17: 10:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
johnjameson:
has the phone fallen without the screen breaking?
thats how it will fall and form spider web pattern on the screen
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by thatintrovert: 11:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
phone that not everyone has seen yet sef, how did it become the most durable?
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by kendrick2: 12:01am On Jun 02, 2016
thatintrovert:
phone that not everyone has seen yet sef, how did it become the most durable?
trust nigerians to over hype things
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Reeberry: 12:57am On Jun 02, 2016
Harlequin17:
thats how it will fall and form spider web pattern on the screen
Hahaha.
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by tymajek: 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
LOL...whether plastic or metal....the selling point of the phone is the battery and nobody is talking about that. Instead they're busy arguing plastic or metal! SMH

brook75:
oh good. so finally is it plastic or metal?
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by saxby(f): 12:16am On Jun 03, 2016
Do you mean in terms of battery or what?
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Harry17: 12:55pm On Jun 03, 2016
saxby:
Do you mean in terms of battery or what?
I think that should be in terms of battery
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by stevepeters: 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
Namzy:
Enuf of this phone na haba

Lol! The phone is worth the publicity
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by ESheriff1(m): 12:58am On Jun 05, 2016
Abegi!!! the new itel vision series are simply greater...
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Cdave: 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
This one don take am personal sha......LOL

Yorubago:

Must you tag everyone as an advertiser?

You're mad I swear
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Cdave: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
The covering of the tecnol8 is actually metal. i think the l8 plus is the one that's plastic
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by stevepeters: 7:00am On Jul 14, 2016
greenhulk:

Hate u say? U should see my other posts where I defended the boom j8 against gionee m5. U are free 5o believe in what u believe in, it still doesn't change the fact that the l8 is plastic covered with s metallic paint. Does that alone make it s bad phone? NO. When u grab a metal phone, u will experience the cold feeling.

Lol. And when u charge with a bad/wrongly connected socket earthing system, ull get the electric feeling of the metal body.
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 14, 2016
stevepeters:

Lol. And when u charge with a bad/wrongly connected socket earthing system, ull get the electric feeling of the metal body.

Lol, well constructed metal phones have zero chance of electric shock when plugged in. Ask HTC and Apple

Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by stevepeters: 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol, well constructed metal phones have zero chance of electric shock when plugged in. Ask HTC and Apple

Hmmmm... HTC and Apple have there market which is a trusted world for quality installations and other gadgets. I respect the idea of the plastic because of bad power system like ours in Nigeria where thorough job is not done on electrical installations etc. Even modern day PC's are now excluding metals in there design including there power buttons.

I believe Tecno has done well looking at there market and producing something quality, affordable and safe for there use.
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
stevepeters:

Hmmmm... HTC and Apple have there market which is a trusted world for quality installations and other gadgets. I respect the idea of the plastic because of bad power system like ours in Nigeria where thorough job is not done on electrical installations etc. Even modern day PC's are now excluding metals in there design including there power buttons.

I believe Tecno has done well looking at there market and producing something quality, affordable and safe for there use.

I never said using plastic on a phone is a bad thing. Plastic also has its advantage as it increases the durability and reduces how slippery a phone would be.
Samsung and LG have always used plastic on their phones until recently and they were sold as premium. But saying plastic is right for Nigeria because of power issue is not a valid point, I just do not understand can u explain?

And saying pc makers are excluding metals in their design is absurd, show me a mcbook that is made out of plastic, or hp probook, microsoft surface, etc are all made of metal body. Just put it that high end PC's are mostly made of metal, if plastic is used it is to reduce the cost and not because of power issues.

Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Penaldo: 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol don't make me laugh Abeg. U should know I normally make my research well before posting anything online. That picture was from bestmobs. Now if u think they are wrong then are all the websites from the pictures below also wrong? Look if u have never used a metal phone before then u might not know how a metal phone feels in the hands when u hold it so I don't blame u. That thing is plastic with a metal paint covering it. FACT.
Oboy you de argue for Africa. I use L8 plus and it is metallic
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Penaldo: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
AnnabelR0se:
@ GreenHulk , don't be deceived by those specs above , Nigerians are copycat. it's a phone i have seen purely metallic and Tecno L8 doesnt have white version
Just like Thomas, he won't believe
Re: The Most Durable Smart Phone!!! by Penaldo: 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
You think? well it is metallic.

I use it
assboobies:
I actually agree with you. I think it's metallic.

Mtn Sme Data Share Pin Problem / Slot Price List 2017 Latest Phones In Nigeria / Best Alternative Android App To Stream Live Matches In 2016