Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,269 members, 7,780,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:28 PM

My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W (13461 Views)

Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! / Unboxing The Gionee F103pro (pictures) / My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Reeberry: 12:17am On May 15, 2016
mrprezident007:
@OP has done creditably well, if you think you have something better kindly do yours and we will read/watch.
Do p5w speaker review for you? You're a joke.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by BluePearls(m): 2:11am On May 15, 2016
Tonymic4life:

who was ur english teacher in school.? undecided
who was ur english teacher in school?

grin grin
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by oluwadaemilola: 4:24pm On May 16, 2016
my own take on this matter is that both front and back camera are very sharp
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by pcoolioz(m): 2:00pm On May 21, 2016
sigh... with every tecno thread comes angry comments as usual. I haven't used the gionee neither have I seen it so I can't say, but I have seen and used the w4 although briefly and it's actually a quite decent low budget phone
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by omoalajah(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2016
The W4 is just perfect as a low end phone. Comparing the specs its better
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by 360koncepts: 6:41pm On May 21, 2016
The TECNO device Won na
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by yinka360nl1: 7:22pm On May 21, 2016
TECNO w4 is what you need
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Penaldo: 11:22pm On May 29, 2016
saxby:
Good comparison.

Just as all fingers aren't equal so are our pockets.

I think the w4 helps a lot in giving some people chance.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Penaldo: 11:23pm On May 29, 2016
I can't help but agree with you
pcoolioz:
sigh... with every tecno thread comes angry comments as usual. I haven't used the gionee neither have I seen it so I can't say, but I have seen and used the w4 although briefly and it's actually a quite decent low budget phone
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Penaldo: 11:23pm On May 29, 2016
Thank God that I wasn't the only one that observed this
oluwadaemilola:
my own take on this matter is that both front and back camera are very sharp
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Penaldo: 11:25pm On May 29, 2016
kiss kiss kiss kiss
MizMyColi:

In my life, I hate wanton pride.
I hate it when people talk others down because they feel they are better or own more posher things.

Was Samsung built in a day?
Was Apple and co built in a day?

Was Qualcomm and Nivda abi Tegra built in a day?

The reality is that the Mediatek which most of you love to hate is here to stay.
It has empowered many people and while most of you won't agree, they are getting better at what they do even though they remain a fabless company.

They complain of overheating....
I don't experience that on W4.
They say Mediatek uses a third party supplier (mali) for its graphics needs...the screen resolution of this my Tecno W4 is a beauty to behold for 23 thousand naira.

Now the truth of the matter is that Snapdragon chipsets remains light years ahead the likes of Intel Atom and Mediatek.

But that notwithstanding, Mediatek is making giant strides too. Lots of Nigerians who would never have experienced what marshmallow or an HD IPS touchscreen is can now do so for 23k.
It's something worth celebrating.

If I don't use this phone...
I would never, ever be this bold about it. If the phone does not serve me well, my conscience will not allow me speak in it's favour.

Have I noticed some flaws?
Yes.
Number 1 is my VLC player.
My LG G3 vigor can run subtitles on VLC, but not my Tecno W4. This is a major ish for me, because I dig movies a lot.

But then, I'm not bothered because, after all is said and done, the phone still gives me more value for less.

Btw, sorry about my belligerent disposition earlier. I'm just fed up of people who hate on this device when they've not even seen its pouch, talkleSs of the phone, inugo?wink
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:26pm On May 29, 2016
of course W4 stands out
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Marinza(m): 12:18am On May 30, 2016
depends on what you are looking for, both phones have their strength.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Damiandark01: 8:08am On May 30, 2016
pcoolioz:

you make sense Sir.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by ibibiofirstlady(f): 1:23pm On May 30, 2016
aNYBODY THAT HAS USED W4 WILL LOVE IT
pcoolioz:
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Najwal: 2:19pm On May 30, 2016
Gionee low end quality is way way wayyyyy better than a techno high end quantity, my personal opinion undecided
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by kolexepana: 3:01pm On May 30, 2016
pcoolioz:
I totally agree with you
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by brook75: 6:02am On May 31, 2016
from what i read they are both good phones, no more comparisons joor.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by creed266: 6:32am On May 31, 2016
Its just the marshmallow that would make me buy it, 2500mah isn't all that
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by johnjameson: 11:31pm On May 31, 2016
Najwal:
Gionee low end quality is way way wayyyyy better than a techno high end quantity, my personal opinion undecided
i wonder if you understand what people mean when they say high end, just asking

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Harlequin17: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
johnjameson:

let the person be thinking like all those tecno marketers that will be comparing Boom J8 to Iphone 6
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by thatintrovert: 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
for low budget phones i think i like lenovo phones, tecno have not done anything to change my mind yet
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by kendrick2: 12:02am On Jun 02, 2016
i think the w4 is a great phone compared to the gionee
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Najwal: 5:41am On Jun 02, 2016
johnjameson:

Why don't you "Mr know it" lecture me about High End Phone(s) just saying undecided

1 Like

Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Xhaka(m): 7:14am On Jun 02, 2016
omoalajah:
And a decent price too.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by mosjames: 7:17am On Jun 02, 2016
omoalajah:
Some people with little or no sense will still argue this.
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by Dannybrainz: 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
they both are good products..i will choose tecno w4 if am asked to pic
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by FrozeBABE: 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
tecno is preferable
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by ChidinmaRose(f): 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
FrozeBABE:
tecno is preferable
yassss
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by ChidinmaRose(f): 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
Dannybrainz:
they both are good products..i will choose tecno w4 if am asked to pic
confam
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by ChidinmaRose(f): 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
360koncepts:
The TECNO device Won na
hands down
Re: My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W by majorclems: 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
hv not sen the p5 buh the tecno i hv seen and its better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones. / Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards / How To Keep Your Phone From Taking Over Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.