Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria (46982 Views)

Why I Am Happy That Muhamadu Buhai Became President Of Nigeria- Whatsapp User / Benue South: My Struggle Has Ended – Dan Onjeh Bows To David Mark / Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by imkyluv: 1:26pm On May 11, 2016
Mrpoker:
Dear Daura President, David Cameron is not col. Dasuki; don't use kid glove on him else this might be the beginning of the end of Nigeria.

Some times, i find it difficult to believe some of you here went through secondary education successfully. What relations that got to do with ending Nigeria? Please educate your ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by frisky2good(m): 1:27pm On May 11, 2016
He can demand the apology and return of the loot. Abi dem tell am say na only one he fit ask for?
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by kokoA(m): 1:27pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:
how can a président of a nation... pay more concern on stolen money more than thé integrity of his nation... Hé doesnt need thé apology but Nigeria needs it. am not just dissapointed with him but also thé stocks of fiasco advisers.
**in ***DonJazzy's voice*** If it's apology that you want, you can come up collect it. undecided who apology do ep? What we need is the looted funds in their banks to build our schools, hospitals, roads, etc.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by IAmTobore(m): 1:27pm On May 11, 2016
I wasn't expecting Buhari to ask for an apology. Am not against Cameron's speech, am only against archbishop justin wellby's speech!
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by shilexworldsexy(m): 1:27pm On May 11, 2016
[quote author=ganisucks post=45517729] After that slave response, yesterday, he now wants †̥♥ save face with Nigerians. Well sorry, Mr Presido, but this response is even worse than the first one, it makes Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ look like a vile oblivious JJC. I don't KϞöω̲ who is worse, Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina. Lemme give Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ a better response Mr President
" I heard Mr Cameron's statement about the financial depravity ☀̤̣̈̇f my country's kinsmen A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ I have †̥♥ admit that we have a lot ☀̤̣̈̇f work †̥♥ do in the area ☀̤̣̈̇f improving our image †̥♥ the expectations ☀̤̣̈̇f the school ☀̤̣̈̇f thought that Mr Cameron belongs †̥♥. But we are up †̥♥ the task, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ in a few years †̥♥ come, I A̶̲̥̅♏ sure that even those who hold a more coarse view than Mr Cameron will have course †̥♥ complement our efforts. But let ♍ƺ state that, though we understand the truthfulness behind the message, with due respect †̥♥ the PM, we will not allow ourselves †̥♥ be treated like unwelcome guests, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ so if the UK prime minister feels we are not worthy ☀̤̣̈̇f being at this event, he should make it bold †̥♥ let us KϞöω̲ through clear channels, ☀̤̣̈̇f his true intentions".

Now is that so hard, geez, amateurs.[/quote

nice quote though but u need to grow up mr man..... this is 2016, people don"t use this kind of font customizing anymore or are u still a baby who needs to be told that. use normal font when wrting next time cos u are talking to adults here and not babies... who your response Epp.

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by jaybee(f): 1:28pm On May 11, 2016
9jatatafo:
PMB should know that Britain did not force or beg those thieves to steal and bring the loot to their country. And I bet it won't be easy to get those funds and property back. Documentation were signed and you don't know whose name were written as the owner. The UK is benefiting from our corruption. I pity PMB in this corruption fight.
emphasis mine

Who told you its going to be easy? PMB did not say it is easy and unlike past leaders, he has shown that he is not daunted by the difficulty entailed in the fight against corruption.

PMB don't actually need your pity; he is doing his work. you can choose to either do your work or stagnate while making unsolicited comments on someone doing his work.

3 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by DropShot: 1:28pm On May 11, 2016
erico2k2:

But it was he PMB who first labeled Nigerians as fraudulent .did we forget so soon
It's his own country which he's the leader. Doesn't give another country's leader the liberty to disparage us. There is what is called diplomatic relations.

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by gudluckgreat(m): 1:28pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:
how can a président of a nation... pay more concern on stolen money more than thé integrity of his nation... Hé doesnt need thé apology but Nigeria needs it. am not just dissapointed with him but also thé stocks of fiasco advisers.

Can you just listen to yourself?
Who needs it? You? When you people defame the name of our country everyday.
Will the apology stop others from saying it?
Will it make you more patriotic than you would be?
You can't just allow someone withold our possession and still insult us on top of it
You take it back first and then we can talk about integrity cos whether u like it or not apologising does not deter them from what they think
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by stzy(m): 1:28pm On May 11, 2016
olapluto:
This is a response to be proud of. General Baba!
this is a response u expect from ur religious leaders.... There are channels to follow to return our loots stashed in UK... For a democratic president thisis very very low of him.... This particular reaction lacks any diplomacy n very informal... There was a response some1 wrote above... That is what u expect from a bureaucrat... I'll only say his advisers failed, even the chief of staff sef failed him here... All this guys are not workiing or they told him but he wouldn't listen
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by ezebunafo(m): 1:28pm On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:

After the embarassment, your President has caused the nation, I believe it's him that needs the rope.
I think people should learn to ignore you coz your comments sucks.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by thugthang(m): 1:28pm On May 11, 2016
[left][/left]
ganisucks:
After that slave response, yesterday, he now wants †̥♥ save face with Nigerians. Well sorry, Mr Presido, but this response is even worse than the first one, it makes Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ look like a vile oblivious JJC. I don't KϞöω̲ who is worse, Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina. Lemme give Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ a better response Mr President
" I heard Mr Cameron's statement about the financial depravity ☀̤̣̈̇f my country's kinsmen A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ I have †̥♥ admit that we have a lot ☀̤̣̈̇f work †̥♥ do in the area ☀̤̣̈̇f improving our image †̥♥ the expectations ☀̤̣̈̇f the school ☀̤̣̈̇f thought that Mr Cameron belongs †̥♥. But we are up †̥♥ the task, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ in a few years †̥♥ come, I A̶̲̥̅♏ sure that even those who hold a more coarse view than Mr Cameron will have course †̥♥ complement our efforts. But let ♍ƺ state that, though we understand the truthfulness behind the message, with due respect †̥♥ the PM, we will not allow ourselves †̥♥ be treated like unwelcome guests, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ so if the UK prime minister feels we are not worthy ☀̤̣̈̇f being at this event, he should make it bold †̥♥ let us KϞöω̲ through clear channels, ☀̤̣̈̇f his true intentions".

Now is that so hard, geez, amateurs.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by bjbukzy(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:

After the embarassment, your President has caused the nation, I believe it's him that needs the rope.
****this country was looted badly! billions of dollars and u still believe dt d previous administrations ve done no wrong!
tell me an innocent person been charged by efcc.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:

Quite apart from the suitability or appropriateness of Camerons statement, isn't it true that corruption is fantastic ( amazing, extraordinary and out of this world) in Nigeria? Where else in the world do outlandish wealth and grinding poverty exist so closely togethet? Where else do you have to pay bribes from cradle to the grave? Of course there is corruption everywhere, but where else is it so blatant and in your face?

Why defend the indefensible when you can recover the attainable?

The good name of Nigeria is not something the President mouths as a platitude but something concrete we need to recover together.
#changebeginswithme and you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by irondome: 1:31pm On May 11, 2016
DropShot:

Think deep.

His response is a disguised slap to Cameron and UK. It's like saying " our looters and corrupt politicians wouldn't have succeeded in looting the Treasury blind if you didn't provide them the platform to keep their loots".

Apology will not undo what Cameron said because it's the truth. The thing is, no leader is expected to disparage another country especially one you claim to be partnering with on the same course.

So, PMB is 100% correct with his response.

Did you see the thunderous applause that greeted his reaction?

Watch it bro.

Applause means nothing mate, that response isn't effective. Cameron invariably called all Nigerians "fantastically corrupt". Personally, I can take any insult but be referred to as lacking integrity. That literary means you are a nonentity. Now because of this ugly incident, any westerner that bumps into Nigerians would be looking for red flags in his/her dealing with us. Warren Buffet once said, put a police officer to tail the most careful driver continuously for 2 weeks, that driver would surely get a ticket. Same with looking for red flags where there are no flags; no flag becomes red flags.

I believe PMB should have taken a more offensive approach. In addition to requesting for a refund of our stolen funds, he shouldn't have"happily" agreed that Nigeria is corrupt. His response should have been-- corruption is a global issue with corrupt elements in every nation of the world; as such, I find it inappropriate for a world leader to characterise another sovereign nation as corrupt. He should have gotten more personal by referring to the Panama paper incident as perfect example of global corruption picture (Cameron parents had an investment there).

3 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by ngmgeek(m): 1:31pm On May 11, 2016
It shows that this President is really working hard to fight corruption and doesn't want to go back and forth with those who are going to assist him in his efforts. That's an unfortunate statement by David Cameron and I think he regrets that. The good thing is that it gives Buhari some clues on how some of these Europeans think about what he is doing.

Thank God for the Arch Bishop Of Canterbury cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by gudluckgreat(m): 1:32pm On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:
After that slave response, yesterday, he now wants †̥♥ save face with Nigerians. Well sorry, Mr Presido, but this response is even worse than the first one, it makes Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ look like a vile oblivious JJC. I don't KϞöω̲ who is worse, Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina. Lemme give Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ a better response Mr President

His response is at least better than this your dirty comment

4 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by 9jatatafo(m): 1:32pm On May 11, 2016
jaybee:

emphasis mine

Who told you its going to be easy? PMB did not say it is easy and unlike past leaders, he has shown that he is not daunted by the difficulty entailed in the fight against corruption.

PMB don't actually need your pity; he is doing his work. you can choose to either do your work or stagnate while making unsolicited comments on someone doing his work.

It's easy to go abroad and ask for the return of looted funds. He went to America, do you know the condition the US government gave him before looted funds kept in the US can be retuned? I am telling you that this not going to work. The best place is for him to go to ICJ and the Nigerian government will spend millions of dollars to get those stolen funds back. You don't know international politics so it is easy for your to believe everything
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:35pm On May 11, 2016
though the ugly and uncouth comment about nigeria ftom cameron in uncalled for but pmb reaction to it is a very mature and that show pmb knows what his needs are as far as fight corruption is concerned
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by ndibeemma(m): 1:35pm On May 11, 2016
[s][/s]
ganisucks:

ganisucks:

olodo....who ur explanation EPP
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by abbey621(m): 1:37pm On May 11, 2016
stzy:
this is a response u expect from ur religious leaders.... There are channels to follow to return our loots stashed in UK... For a democratic president thisis very very low of him.... This particular reaction lacks any diplomacy n very informal... There was a response some1 wrote above... That is what u expect from a bureaucrat... I'll only say his advisers failed, even the chief of staff sef failed him here... All this guys are not workiing or they told him but he wouldn't listen

You're so full of sh*t! Almost everyone demanded an apology from Cameron but the president gave a much better option which not only puts the British government in its place but shows he's a man of credibility. Apology is not needed, what matters most are the stolen assets and it's prompt return. This is the statement of a president who cares about the nation instead of being politically correct!

5 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by lordgosh: 1:38pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:

You sounded like a fool which am not convinced that you are.
Apology is only needed if what Dav Cam said was a lie against the Nigerian pple.....Buh did he lie?
He nailed it on the head......Nigeria is a great home for corrupt breads.
And its so disappointing that we love being deceived in this country called Nigeria. We all knw that this country is messed up with corruption and som1 said it to our face and all of you shouting apology.......what will the apology do?

4 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by xcuggsm(m): 1:38pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:

Same thing an illiterate Igbo trader at Onitsha market will say. "Call me anything you want BUT all I want is the money" what I pity angry

If your president does not take exception to being labelled "fantastically corrupt" , I as a Nigerian I definitely do. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by GambaOsaka: 1:39pm On May 11, 2016
DropShot:

How?
Chief! Ain't you tired of responding to some brainless comments. Not everyone on Nairaland is normal you know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:40pm On May 11, 2016
This is the only reasonable statement I've read about Muhammadu Buhari in my entire life.

I read and experienced this, not hearsay from Lai Muhammed.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by dahmie2013: 1:41pm On May 11, 2016
This are d things u read wen an individual is rich in wisdom. Nice one my presido!
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by caracas: 1:42pm On May 11, 2016
The dumbest man i hav ever seen in my Life.
Baba as old as u are do i have to teach u that a good name is far better than silver n gold? Or do u not understand What an apology wud do to the image of this battered country ?do u not know that by that statement of Cameron our dear country stands to losea lot in terms of foreign investments ?.
If i may even ask ,how has all the stolen wealth recovered from foreign institutions n countries helped this country.
100 billion dollars cannot go round all nigerians but a good name wud definitely do every single nigérian a lot of good.
And who says we cant have our apology n still hav our Money returned back to us .
Honestly this man is dull, jokes or insults apart.
He really needs to stop embarrasing this country before its too late.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by NorthernParrot: 1:43pm On May 11, 2016
As always
Buhari using his senses since 1880 BC
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by wayodude(m): 1:45pm On May 11, 2016
xcuggsm:

Same thing an illiterate Igbo trader at Onitsha market will say. "Call me anything you want BUT all I want is the money" what I pity angry

If your president does not take exception to being labelled "fantastically corrupt" , I as a Nigerian I definitely do. angry angry angry

Forget about labels. Is Nigeria not fantastically corrupt? It is a yes or no question.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by henryhemon(m): 1:45pm On May 11, 2016
Mrpoker:
Dear Daura President, David Cameron is not col. Dasuki; don't use kid glove on him else this might be the beginning of the end of Nigeria.

look at this clown showing foolishness.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by lordgosh: 1:46pm On May 11, 2016
xcuggsm:

Can you prove ao you are not corrupt...cos even your profile name suggest you are corrupt
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by andaxon: 1:47pm On May 11, 2016
Britain. Nobody holy pass

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Bose253(f): 1:48pm On May 11, 2016
Why should Cameron apologise btw?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yusuf & Zahra Buhari Graduate From College / FFK Hails Ghanaian Wife, Regina For Support In Battle With Precious Chikwendu / The Amaechi Memo To Buhari That Led To Hadiza Usman's Suspension As NPA Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.