Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,794 members, 7,798,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria (46961 Views)

Why I Am Happy That Muhamadu Buhai Became President Of Nigeria- Whatsapp User / Benue South: My Struggle Has Ended – Dan Onjeh Bows To David Mark / Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by mpowa(m): 2:24pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:
how can a président of a nation... pay more concern on stolen money more than thé integrity of his nation... Hé doesnt need thé apology but Nigeria needs it. am not just dissapointed with him but also thé stocks of fiasco advisers.

Will the apology give your country the said 'integrity'? Apology is not needed, even the blind knows Nigeria is corrupt, what we need is 1.) get our money back, 2.) Start working hard to stop corruption both as individuals and government. Change your image within then it won't be hard to change it outside.

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by zenatta: 2:27pm On May 11, 2016
aycapri:
what has the government done with the recovered money. At least, the govt has recovered some before now.

I'm glad you asked. FantasticallyCrazyCorruptCountry!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:27pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:
how can a président of a nation... pay more concern on stolen money more than thé integrity of his nation... Hé doesnt need thé apology but Nigeria needs it. am not just dissapointed with him but also thé stocks of fiasco advisers.
beg for apology,no integrity
ask for your money,plenty dignity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Pidggin(f): 2:32pm On May 11, 2016
Nigeria under PMB's one sided corruption fight is a joke to the West

Who Buhari dey deceive? Oyibo no bi zombie na
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by babadem2much(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2016
Anybody wey help thief hide something him sef na thief so what are talking about

just return back our stolen wealth starched in your country

apology never cook better soup since wey I know am

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Horus(m): 2:35pm On May 11, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwXO7zR5b8

[size=14pt]President Buhari on tackling corruption together Conference n the UK [/size]
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Abel202: 2:43pm On May 11, 2016
Buhari is right on point here.

3 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by johnsonjosbles(m): 2:46pm On May 11, 2016
DropShot:
Great!

Words on marble. Straight from his heart. Who apology don help? undecided

They say he's illiterate, yet he keeps making much sense than all their leaders put together.

I'm sure a certain IB would have said Cameron should apologize but our Bubu understands better that apology is not what we need but our money stashed away in Cameron's country and in other such destinations.
exactly, as yoruba adage may say, "he who steal from the top is a mare criminal, the real thief help suspending the stolen stuff" so camelion himself is a fantastic thief.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by fulanimafia: 2:47pm On May 11, 2016
DropShot:

Think deep.

His response is a disguised slap to Cameron and UK. It's like saying " our looters and corrupt politicians wouldn't have succeeded in looting the Treasury blind if you didn't provide them the platform to keep their loots; an accomplice to corruption is also guilty of corruption".

Apology will not undo what Cameron said because it's the truth. The thing is, no leader is expected to disparage another country especially one you claim to be partnering with on the same course.

So, PMB is 100% correct with his response.

Did you see the thunderous applause that greeted his reaction?

Watch it bro.

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by gaby53: 2:49pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:
Mchrrrrw... Becos na integrity u dey chop!..abi?.****
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by vega84(m): 2:49pm On May 11, 2016
Buhari I dnt like u, bt to be frank I hail this ur response! #vegatalks

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 11, 2016
Kingspin:
No be Buhari first said it abroad? So, why are some people angry over Cameron? The fact is Nigeria is corrupt till date.
Yes, Buhari said Nigerians are criminals. But when Northern governor said Fulani herdsmen are not criminals, you started wailing. Are you sure that you are okay?

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by EDUECO(m): 2:58pm On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:
After that slave response, yesterday, he now wants †̥♥ save face with Nigerians. Well sorry, Mr Presido, but this response is even worse than the first one, it makes Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ look like a vile oblivious JJC. I don't KϞöω̲ who is worse, Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina. Lemme give Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ a better response Mr President
" I heard Mr Cameron's statement about the financial depravity ☀̤̣̈̇f my country's kinsmen A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ I have †̥♥ admit that we have a lot ☀̤̣̈̇f work †̥♥ do in the area ☀̤̣̈̇f improving our image †̥♥ the expectations ☀̤̣̈̇f the school ☀̤̣̈̇f thought that Mr Cameron belongs †̥♥. But we are up †̥♥ the task, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ in a few years †̥♥ come, I A̶̲̥̅♏ sure that even those who hold a more coarse view than Mr Cameron will have course †̥♥ complement our efforts. But let ♍ƺ state that, though we understand the truthfulness behind the message, with due respect †̥♥ the PM, we will not allow ourselves †̥♥ be treated like unwelcome guests, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ so if the UK prime minister feels we are not worthy ☀̤̣̈̇f being at this event, he should make it bold †̥♥ let us KϞöω̲ through clear channels, ☀̤̣̈̇f his true intentions".

Now is that so hard, geez, amateurs.
What is this immature 'kpekus' writing? You must be one of the followers of the retrogressive and barbaric PDP members! Buhari is a wise president!

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by gaby53: 3:02pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:
undecided because na apology you dey shop...abi?....mumu!

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by lawani: 3:04pm On May 11, 2016
Many of you here are unintelligent fools for blaming PM Cameron and saying Nigeria money is stashed in the UK. Your foolishness may be irredeemable but let me try and help you. No secretive banking in the UK. If EFCC takes any Nigerian politician to a UK court, the UK will use their resources to prosecute that politician and the money will be returned. The UK is not a useless corrupt country like Nigeria. Have some shame and use your common sense. You are just like Buhari abusing Nigerians all over the place and now angry that other people are doing thesame. PM Cameron is right and Buhari is wrong and Buhari will not escape with his loot.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Cusan: 3:13pm On May 11, 2016
[quote author you. Really drop the shot
Think deep.

His response is a disguised slap to Cameron and UK. It's like saying " our looters and corrupt politicians wouldn't have succeeded in looting the Treasury blind if you didn't provide them the platform to keep their loots; an accomplice to corruption is also guilty of corruption".

Apology will not undo what Cameron said because it's the truth. The thing is, no leader is expected to disparage another country especially one you claim to be partnering with on the same course.

Watch it bro.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by ayindejimmy(m): 3:17pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:

Which apology? You apologize if what you said is incorrect.
So you want to stand there and tell me you don't know the level of pervasive corruption we're witnessing in Nigeria.
And the fact that some of you are denying it speaks volume of how truly corrupt Nigeria is.
We all cant continue to live in self-denial

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Arosko(m): 3:19pm On May 11, 2016
Mrpoker:
Dear Daura President, David Cameron is not col. Dasuki; don't use kid glove on him else this might be the beginning of the end of Nigeria.
some people are very foolish. Idiotic of d first order, what will bring end to nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by idros4real: 3:20pm On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:
After that slave response, yesterday, he now wants †̥♥ save face with Nigerians. Well sorry, Mr Presido, but this response is even worse than the first one, it makes Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ look like a vile oblivious JJC. I don't KϞöω̲ who is worse, Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina. Lemme give Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ a better response Mr President
" I heard Mr Cameron's statement about the financial depravity ☀̤̣̈̇f my country's kinsmen A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ I have †̥♥ admit that we have a lot ☀̤̣̈̇f work †̥♥ do in the area ☀̤̣̈̇f improving our image †̥♥ the expectations ☀̤̣̈̇f the school ☀̤̣̈̇f thought that Mr Cameron belongs †̥♥. But we are up †̥♥ the task, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ in a few years †̥♥ come, I A̶̲̥̅♏ sure that even those who hold a more coarse view than Mr Cameron will have course †̥♥ complement our efforts. But let ♍ƺ state that, though we understand the truthfulness behind the message, with due respect †̥♥ the PM, we will not allow ourselves †̥♥ be treated like unwelcome guests, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ so if the UK prime minister feels we are not worthy ☀̤̣̈̇f being at this event, he should make it bold †̥♥ let us KϞöω̲ through clear channels, ☀̤̣̈̇f his true intentions".

What is this one saying, stop contradicting yourself.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by hotdi(m): 3:21pm On May 11, 2016
DropShot:

Think deep.

Watch it bro.

Thanks man. You know, it is one thing for some people to read, but it is another thing entirely to understand wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 3:22pm On May 11, 2016
Stealthideals24:

Yes, Buhari said Nigerians are criminals. But when Northern governor said Fulani herdsmen are not criminals, you started wailing. Are you sure that you are okay?
Is it the southerners that are the herdsmen?
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 11, 2016
mars123:
If you go to church on Sunday don't pray for money, good wife or anything. Just pray for wisdom like Solomon.

You got me laughing like hell bro

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by taurusmena1(m): 3:30pm On May 11, 2016
For the first time since the inception of this govt,I'm impressed with the way our president responded to the "Fantastically Corrupt Nation" statement. Kudos.I hope we begin to experience the change(+ve) promised us as I can see he just made common sense which ain't common any longer.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by mapet: 3:34pm On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:

You spent so much energy putting an unintelligent response......no wonder you're on NL and PMB is at the summit in UK
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by macaranta(m): 3:34pm On May 11, 2016
On this particular issue,PMB has spoken well.He actually made Cameron look silly with this response.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by caracas: 3:35pm On May 11, 2016
lordgosh:

Oga learn to tink b4 you type.

1st you sed Dav Cam statement would discourage investment......and i be like "Does this 1 have a brain"
Well you should knw that witout His statement Nigeria was long time ago a very bad investment for example;
to register your company in this country s wahala,
to get land for your company s wahala
to import needed materials for your production s wahala
to clear your goods at the port s wahala and dis particular 1 s so bad dt the custom officer will intentionally delay your papers if you do not settle dem and after 5 days ull start paying demorage. if you want to confirm ask anybody into clearing....for u to clear your goods successfully you must bribe every table that process your file.
finally if you are lucky to get al d listed above......you are now faced wit d real problem which;
Every Nigerian want to make quick money. dey dont mind if the company die al dey wnt s to make money.
its so bad that dey wld even plan to kill you just because of quick money
so Mr 2knw....wit al d listed do u still tink Nigeria s a gud place for investment knowing fully well dt av nt mention the issue of tax, infastructure, xposure to piracy, police harassment and insecurity d list goes on.

Pls get a sense for yourself and help push the fight against corruption to the next level.
U Just typed poo,shit n trash.
So because we already hav a bad image we should continue destroying our image instead of correcting it .
So to fight corruption we must encourage the denigration of our country .
Chai, sometimes i feel like slapping some dullards via my fone .
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by arsenal33: 3:35pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:

Did GEJ and his predecessors improve the integrity of Nigeria?
I beg park well...someone is trying to tackle corruption and all you do is insult him
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by macaranta(m): 3:40pm On May 11, 2016
mapet:

You spent so much energy putting an unintelligent response......no wonder you're on NL and PMB is at the summit in UK

A fish trader in mile 12 market will come up with a better response than the trash he put up there.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by whitebeard(m): 3:41pm On May 11, 2016
teekay213:
cameron was just helping buhari campaign agaisnt corruption since he was moving around the world telling them how corrupt the last administration was,does he not know that other leaders in the world will help him broadcast it too?a yoruba proverb says "if you sell your brother 10kobo you wouldn't be able to buy him back 10naira".
I like what u said but what if that is not Cameron's thought
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by mapet: 3:43pm On May 11, 2016
erico2k2:

But it was he PMB who first labeled Nigerians as fraudulent .did we forget so soon

Statements like your just amounts to simply living in denial. That Nigerians have been tagged fraudulent (and rightly so) is evidenced by the many fraud cases discovered and the accused being Nigerians. PMB did not need to call those Nigerians fraudulent, we have already collectively called ourselves (innocent and guilty) same, when many of our folks go overseas only to be involved in fraud cases (credit card, identity), 419, drugs - Cocaine, heroine, armed robbery and wire fraud......

PMB's admiting this is a clear message of his intention to start adressing and correcting it. Living in denial (like GEJ's "ask Nigerians, they have light" gafe to CNN) would have made us loose the little iota of credibility we're mercifully enjoying
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by oyomzee4(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2016
You started making sense then you spoilt it,how has your response in anyway defended the integrity of your nation and how will it undo what has been said. I still think the president was right to have made it clear that the UK government is harboring corrupt money which in the first instance makes them guilty as well and secondly are reluctant in returning such funds which even makes their level of corruption worse
ganisucks:

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by mapet: 3:55pm On May 11, 2016
irondome:

Applause means nothing mate, that response isn't effective. Cameron invariably called all Nigerians "fantastically corrupt". Personally, I can take any insult but be referred to as lacking integrity. That literary means you are a nonentity. Now because of this ugly incident, any westerner that bumps into Nigerians would be looking for red flags in his/her dealing with us. Warren Buffet once said, put a police officer to tail the most careful driver continuously for 2 weeks, that driver would surely get a ticket. Same with looking for red flags where there are no flags; no flag becomes red flags.

I believe PMB should have taken a more offensive approach. In addition to requesting for a refund of our stolen funds, he shouldn't have"happily" agreed that Nigeria is corrupt. His response should have been-- corruption is a global issue with corrupt elements in every nation of the world; as such, I find it inappropriate for a world leader to characterise another sovereign nation as corrupt. He should have gotten more personal by referring to the Panama paper incident as perfect example of global corruption picture (Cameron parents had an investment there).

Living in denial...... the statement in bold is not relevant for our current situation. It seems you guys don't understand the abyss we've sunk into corruption-wise. How do you want the world to respect a state governor that stole the state blind, took the loot to UK, was placed under house arrest, escaped disguised as a woman.........and we gave him state pardon? How do you want a country to rationalise almost half of our foreign reserves stolen by few individuals or how monies meant for pension, procurement for military weapons in the midst of war against BH was shared amongst individuals?

Saying corruption is a global issue is a lame excuse to me. It's the same position GEJ took when Boko Haram were taking territories and bombing most places in the North, with the lame excuse "Terrorism is a global issue....."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo Is Clearly Promoting Peter Obi In The North - Mahdi Shehu / IPOB Attacks Hausa Residents In Rivers State. 2 Feared Dead / Soludo Visits Nnamdi Kanu In Prison (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.