Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement (52200 Views)

We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers / A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard / Marketers Sell Fuel Above N145 — The PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Jesuschristt: 9:56pm On May 11, 2016
:'
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by jesussaves22: 9:57pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Are you also happy that your hero GEJ promised three refineries in 2010....and then broke that promise?

If we had them refineries.....we won't be in this state.
If you are my brother I will exchange you for a stone you are just worthless

3 Likes

Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by ursine(m): 9:59pm On May 11, 2016
cool[img][/img]Hmm, Buhari i wish u well bt make sure those money improve our economy. coolHmm, Buhari i wish u well bt make sure those money improve our economy.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Victor08032(m): 10:01pm On May 11, 2016
This is serious, what makes Buhari keep traveling always while Nigerian is on fire, petrol = #145,
Saraki's case will be always adjourn, let's leave the matter and face an important petrol issue.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by bigtt76(f): 10:02pm On May 11, 2016
Where is NLC when you need them angry
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by ancientbanana: 10:02pm On May 11, 2016
Make dem go protest Na 'n den realize their freedom of movement n speech as well as human rights have been reaped off
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Dapsin2901: 10:02pm On May 11, 2016
The best thing now is to smile and keep looking I need to renew my SA visa or look for better country to move my family too nigeria is not part of it again God Bless me God Bless PDP

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by coolplanet: 10:03pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Are you also happy that your hero GEJ promised three refineries in 2010....and then broke that promise?

Good,did u ask yourself how kaduna,warri and other refinery operated immediately Buhari took over government.were the refineries done by Buhari immediately. Pls educate me.ignoramus generation

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by ancientbanana: 10:04pm On May 11, 2016
Apc is fantastically corrupt

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by spencekat(m): 10:05pm On May 11, 2016
APC is a scam.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by sonnie10: 10:07pm On May 11, 2016
PUSH1:

How many liters of fuel can Nigeria refine to meet their needs. Does the US import fuel?

Did subsidy stop Nigeria from refining fuel to meet the country's need?

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by dannewlife(m): 10:08pm On May 11, 2016
Where is MBAKA ? MBAKA WHY ?

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by chidooh1: 10:08pm On May 11, 2016
Ewo! ewo!! Ewo!!! Ndi APC wukwa ewu gambia
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by omarky(m): 10:08pm On May 11, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Will u keep quiet!!!! Who's being sentimental here.
After airing programmes on TV and radio to create awareness on importance of subsidy removal, including town hall meetings lead by sanusi and iweala, meetings with TUC and NLC etc for months, governors were even involved then cos i still remember Oshiomole being a proponent of subsidy removal during GEJ's tenure yet people were still paid to protest.

I still remember an advert saying something abt villagers that don't use petroleum products don't really benefit from subsidy, etc.
How else is he suppose to carry pple along?
We woke up to this news today and u are telling me abt a round table no one knows abt.

Get out of here if u have nothing reasonable to say !!! unlike you, we are not suffering from short memory and myopic thinking.
You even sound sluggish and unintelligent, reason they call y'all zombies. You must find a way to defend ur pay masters, unpatriotic being.
Its not too late to get to the street and protest the removal if truly you have the interest of all as u claim. Thought we are operating democracy. U are @ liberty to fight for the coarse you believe in. Don't just sit here and rant shit. Back den in 2012, pple took dr destiny in dr own very hand. They were not lame lyk you. I advice you 2 do the needful.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by dannewlife(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2016
MBAKA WHY, ?
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by steppin: 10:11pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

The blame game continues...
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by BakireBulmaker: 10:12pm On May 11, 2016
Nalikedis:
there is no justification for subsidy removal... It is rubbish. U are given licenses to elites and the rich to build refineries and you are destroying local illegal refineries yet you are removing subsidy. Let everybody produce oil as they can, let people import oil as they wish... What is the nonsense of removing subsidy yet u are fixing stupid prices, and you are given some selected few licenses to import fuel... Allow everybody to import as they want... Even if na d

Trust me, many filling stations will sell below NGN 145 in no time.
Why? Because they want to make money. No more free money in the name of subsidy.
N145 is just an advised price. It wont be forced down anyone's throat.
Also local refineries must be registered and meet standards and pay taxes.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by onyxo76(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2016
as it stands, this has made nonsense of my monthly salary it is high time i went online and look for some legit biz that can bring a few dollars every month to augment this static salary.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Dimmy20(m): 10:14pm On May 11, 2016
Apc government is a scAm I swear.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Innomach(m): 10:15pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

First...it isn't the government importing fuel...it is the marketers...the govt gives them dollars at the offical rate to import.(though with falling revenue from oil exports that source is restricted...and marketers have to go parallel).

Second....removing the subsidy might lead to savings to build refineries.

But if you ask me.,.....it is the private investors where it is at.

One more thing....refineries are not built in a year. Even after contracts are awarded...you have to do EIA, pay claims, train staff...etc. And all that takes time.
Stop saying what you don't know. Government has been importing fuel through NNPC. In fact, NNPC has been importing nearly 100 percent of petrol since sometime last year till date. That is the reason of the scarcity because they are not capable of meeting up with the demand.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Dimmy20(m): 10:16pm On May 11, 2016
FAYOSE I WILL BE WAITInG TO HEAR FROM
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Alanzazani: 10:16pm On May 11, 2016
What does the common man benefit from the government. Subsidy in itself is not bad but as it is with everything in this damn country it was abused. NNPC's job would have being to ensure these subsidies were implemented to the latter. Bloody government quick to remove subsidy but taking their time to look into labour's demand for increase in minimum wage. This sole act will have a ripple effect as is obtainable in Nigeria. There are no clear cut policies in how to grow the countries economy. After one year keep hearing we should be patient. Nonsense after we go through hardship for four years they will cone and ask that was give them time to right their wrongs. Nothing is working
The economy is in shambles, there is insecurity all over the land, there is division in the land, there is hunger, no power, no fuel after this removal the queues will still persist. Only thing this government seems to be doing well is fighting selective corruption fantastically. NLC should ground d country abeg I am in full support. What nonsense
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by muyiwaojo1(m): 10:17pm On May 11, 2016
In all sincerity, is this nation getting better or worse?? The amount one person embezzled can provide constant electric power supply..
My suggestion : let anyone one especially any government officials that embezzles more than 2million naira to be killed instantly.... Because, these so called government officials are wicked.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 11, 2016
evsonlive:
bro learn to be analytical and stop saying nonsense... if the importation on pms had stopped in 2011 we would have a competitive market which will lead to building of refineries. A government wI'll not build a refinery while subsidising imported products. Receive sense!

How would we have stopped importing when even as far back as 2011...our refineries were producing less than 20 million liters of PMS a day....while our daily needs were as high as 40million liters of PMS a day?(Some experts even put it at 70 million).

Sometimes....I wonder....
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 11, 2016
omarky:
Its not too late to get to the street and protest the removal if truly you have the interest of all as u claim. Thought we are operating democracy. U are @ liberty to fight for the coarse you believe in. Don't just sit here and rant shit. Back den in 2012, pple took dr destiny in dr own very hand. They were not lame lyk you. I advice you 2 do the needful.
Unlike u I'm not partisan, is removing subsidy a step in the right direction? I'll say yes.
Where I have problem is a party that preyed on the gullibility of pple like u for political gains, crippled the last government just to turn around and do same thing 4 years later.
We should be fully past subsidy by now.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by muyiwaojo1(m): 10:19pm On May 11, 2016
In all sincerity, is this nation getting better or worse?? The amount one person embezzled can provide constant electric power supply..
My suggestion : let anyone one especially any government officials that embezzles more than 2million naira should be killed instantly.... Because, these so called government officials are wicked.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by ifyeez: 10:19pm On May 11, 2016
Office work won't survive me in this economy. blood money, Yahoo+, Hard Drugs ti take over. #SorryforthepoorNigerians
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by ancientbanana: 10:21pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

to b zombie no good o. E dey smell like senseless
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 11, 2016
Innomach:

Stop saying what you don't know. Government has been importing fuel through NNPC. In fact, NNPC has been importing nearly 100 percent of petrol since sometime last year till date. That is the reason of the scarcity because they are not capable of meeting up with the demand.

Due to debts being owed the marketers from GEJ's time...plus the debts they owed to the banks for importing fuel and subsidy claims....that is why NNPC had to import fuel alone.

The price increase is just a means to give them marketers enough naira to go and look for dollars in the parallel market...so that they can import (AND the marketers are importing again now).
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Zeemarch(m): 10:21pm On May 11, 2016
change indeed...is this the change APC promise us...
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Misteradiz(m): 10:23pm On May 11, 2016
How I wish those who voted APC can suffer this alone. Clueless morons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by mikeuz(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2016
Its tym to occupy Nigeria, buhari didnt vote us, we voted him. The revolution must start, no light, no salary payment, inflation ( 4 tomato 300), nd pms 145, na wa oo.
Make all of us just gather die make everytin just finish.

Thinking of the hardship now and wats ahead, i cry, nigerians must step up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram Member's Hand And Leg Chopped Off By Insurgents (Photos) / IPOB/ESN Parades Child Soldier To Fight Nigeria Army - Photos / Pa Adebanjo: At 94 I May Not Be Alive. U're The One To Suffer If You Vote Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.