Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing (33968 Views)

I CAUGHT HIM: I Caught My Friend Doing This...He Thought I Won't Know [PHOTO] / Help!!! He Releases Or Lose Erection When His Pennis Touched His Gf Vagina / I Loved Him, He Broke My Heart, And I Have Been Cursing Him Deep. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by goldonome(m): 5:14pm On May 12, 2016
Some people are wicked o, why consume all his time, nd u feel Nothing for him, how do u want him to find another girl then...keep eating till d food choke u
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by sisisioge: 5:26pm On May 12, 2016
femi4:
In Goldie's voice: Mo le gboko lowo e

grin grin grin
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by IAmTobore(m): 5:34pm On May 12, 2016
captianfreeman:
Not yet.
Are you freeman David?
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Codyt(m): 5:36pm On May 12, 2016
Acidosis:
I know your type very well. I used to have one like that in my school days who call me all sort of names : "my sweetheart, my love", etc., meanwhile, she sleeps with random guys even in the same hostel.

I had to confront her one day, and told her frankly to stop the name callings. Girls always want it all. They want the tough & iron hand engagement with the bad guy, but love the emotional fantasy and romantic cover of the easy-going man whom they hardly love truly.

I blame that guy for allowing a flirt play with his head like CHESS. A f00l at 40 who cannot differentiate between friend zone and LOVE may never find REAL love till death.

If you don't love him, leave him. If we search deeply, your heart is definitely with another guy who probably does not give a HOOT about you.
Well said my guy. Bone her mention msteww

2 Likes

Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Frankdamaxx(m): 5:42pm On May 12, 2016
Nightie:
Hmmmm. I cn see u're very jovial.

Anyway, tell him u were only joking. Lol

Why do I feel your comment has a sarcastic tone to it.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 12, 2016
Well...You started the chase and lead him on....be his friend everything will unravel it might just work out. Everyone deserves real love not show and tell
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by lionphil(m): 6:27pm On May 12, 2016
nlfan:
Our company recently employed this guy, we worked in the same company before, then he was a manager and i was a junior staff.

I left the company years ago and joined another, so few months ago he got employed in my new office as a Director.

When he resumed, being that i knew him before, i started playing around with him, like when he was introduced to us, i was like oo, common, i hug him tightly and people were surprise at our closeness before i informed them that we have worked together before.

I am a jovial person, so each time i go around his office, i will call him boyfriend, my love, hope no girl is trespassing cos i will fight o and his subordinates will laugh and say you are not serious.

On the job, we get to work together at times cos i am a Manager now, we go for meetings etc, then some of his job includes doing some short production, even though i am not employed as a video producer, i told him i can do those for him personally, cos i recently learn those, he was surprise before but he decided to give me a try, i did it for him and he liked it, he became close and said i was helping him solve alot of problems.

Recently when he comes to my office, he will ask my PA where is my woman and that one will laugh knowing i started it but i just thought that was it though.

So last month when we went to the Palms Mall, to seek for permission to film their facilities in the short production work we had, we were together then he decided to do some shopping, i helped him carry the things he bought and just had fun, he took me to shoprite and ask me to shop, i just pick two things, drink and rice and he said is that all i said yes, he started showing me things, take this, take that i said i was okay, that it wasnt appropriate to come here and start shopping like its month end. So we left, in the car he said, you do have some very good attribute girl, i said like what, he said never mind and we drove off.

After that he started asking if we can have lunch but most time our lunch time dont sync, so i told him not to worry, then he asked for a dinner, i close late, im a workaholic, so most times i will agree but i will work till 9pm and he would have waited and get tired and left.

Finally i get to have a dinner date with him and he ask if we could do this more often, i said why not boyfriend jokingly, the next time we were having dinner, I said boyfriend let me greet that guy there, i really needed to meet him, he has a contact i need for work, he held me and said you call me boyfriend jokingly, i want you to mean it lol.

After i met with the guy, he started telling me how he loved me and how he will really love us to be in a relationship, he doesnt expect a yes and he knows its so wrong on all level because we work in the same place, but i can think about it and give him a response later that he will respect any decision i make.

I said thank you o, but since then, dude is so soft and nervous when he sees me, i can see the butterflies even when we are in a client meeting.

Even though he tries not to make it obvious at work, after work he is all over me

Last night we were together, i told him i am scared as he is almost 40 and not married, that i believe any guy who gets to that age, with enough money but has not married is a play boy lol. He couldn't say a word for like some minutes then he said, yes i am old enough to have been married and i had relationships, beautiful relationships with wonderful women, some didn't work because of my mistakes and because of things i neglected and some didn't work because it was not meant to work, but above all have learnt alot to be at least a better man and i am ready to make it work this time i promise, i have no doubt if you are the right girl because have known you for long and have never had a second thought about my woman, so forgive me for not making it work all these while, i want to make it right this time - MEHN THOSE WORDS RINGS IN MY HEAD LIKE KILODE, i loved the fact that he didnt put the blame on the ladies he's dated.

Now on my own side, I do not feel anything for him but i like him alot, i like that we should be hanging out, go out, do dinner and talk from morning tonight but i do not feel anything aside that. What do you guys advise.

Please allow him to f.uck you once...the feelings will come

The guy sef...it's ladies like these that make life difficult... What do u want to be talking about? Ok! Just tell him you have a boyfriend. Infact, how old are you sef?
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Antina(f): 6:41pm On May 12, 2016
nlfan:
Our company recently employed this guy, we worked in the same company before, then he was a manager and i was a junior staff.

I left the company years ago and joined another, so few months ago he got employed in my new office as a Director.

When he resumed, being that i knew him before, i started playing around with him, like when he was introduced to us, i was like oo, common, i hug him tightly and people were surprise at our closeness before i informed them that we have worked together before.

I am a jovial person, so each time i go around his office, i will call him boyfriend, my love, hope no girl is trespassing cos i will fight o and his subordinates will laugh and say you are not serious.

On the job, we get to work together at times cos i am a Manager now, we go for meetings etc, then some of his job includes doing some short production, even though i am not employed as a video producer, i told him i can do those for him personally, cos i recently learn those, he was surprise before but he decided to give me a try, i did it for him and he liked it, he became close and said i was helping him solve alot of problems.

Recently when he comes to my office, he will ask my PA where is my woman and that one will laugh knowing i started it but i just thought that was it though.

So last month when we went to the Palms Mall, to seek for permission to film their facilities in the short production work we had, we were together then he decided to do some shopping, i helped him carry the things he bought and just had fun, he took me to shoprite and ask me to shop, i just pick two things, drink and rice and he said is that all i said yes, he started showing me things, take this, take that i said i was okay, that it wasnt appropriate to come here and start shopping like its month end. So we left, in the car he said, you do have some very good attribute girl, i said like what, he said never mind and we drove off.

After that he started asking if we can have lunch but most time our lunch time dont sync, so i told him not to worry, then he asked for a dinner, i close late, im a workaholic, so most times i will agree but i will work till 9pm and he would have waited and get tired and left.

Finally i get to have a dinner date with him and he ask if we could do this more often, i said why not boyfriend jokingly, the next time we were having dinner, I said boyfriend let me greet that guy there, i really needed to meet him, he has a contact i need for work, he held me and said you call me boyfriend jokingly, i want you to mean it lol.

After i met with the guy, he started telling me how he loved me and how he will really love us to be in a relationship, he doesnt expect a yes and he knows its so wrong on all level because we work in the same place, but i can think about it and give him a response later that he will respect any decision i make.

I said thank you o, but since then, dude is so soft and nervous when he sees me, i can see the butterflies even when we are in a client meeting.

Even though he tries not to make it obvious at work, after work he is all over me

Last night we were together, i told him i am scared as he is almost 40 and not married, that i believe any guy who gets to that age, with enough money but has not married is a play boy lol. He couldn't say a word for like some minutes then he said, yes i am old enough to have been married and i had relationships, beautiful relationships with wonderful women, some didn't work because of my mistakes and because of things i neglected and some didn't work because it was not meant to work, but above all have learnt alot to be at least a better man and i am ready to make it work this time i promise, i have no doubt if you are the right girl because have known you for long and have never had a second thought about my woman, so forgive me for not making it work all these while, i want to make it right this time - MEHN THOSE WORDS RINGS IN MY HEAD LIKE KILODE, i loved the fact that he didnt put the blame on the ladies he's dated.

Now on my own side, I do not feel anything for him but i like him alot, i like that we should be hanging out, go out, do dinner and talk from morning tonight but i do not feel anything aside that. What do you guys advise.
My advise is that you should give him a chance, you are getting to loving him, infact, he is into you, Just give him a chance, and i believe you two will make a perfect couple.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nightie(f): 7:20pm On May 12, 2016
Frankdamaxx:

Why do I feel your comment has a sarcastic tone to it.

Lol. Ur feeling is so on point.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by klassykute(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2016
nlfan:

common honey dats nat fair.. its some kinda wickedness.. please trynna find a wày to end all d sweet names and d outings. and tell him where he stands wit u plz.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by chiwetel(f): 8:07pm On May 12, 2016
sister mi, we know all these things you can't have it all really. You know what he wants, he was pretty clear about that,and u obviously can't give him that.why hang around? oh yeah,u probably enjoying d attention and all.if indeed u like him like u said,I suppose platonic he must have an alluring personality then,someone like that deserves more.Be a good friend and do the right thing, you will feel better and lighter. oh I thought its likenesses before love? ??
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by chiwetel(f): 8:08pm On May 12, 2016
sister mi, we know all these things you can't have it all really. You know what he wants, he was pretty clear about that,and u obviously can't give him that.why hang around? oh yeah,u probably enjoying d attention and all.if indeed u like him like u said,I suppose platonic he must have an alluring personality then,someone like that deserves more.Be a good friend and do the right thing, you will feel better and lighter.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Ekii(f): 8:39pm On May 12, 2016
You want the dinner, the talks and all sorts but don't feel anything for him. Who are you kidding? My dear, be straight forward with him. Better check well if you feel something for him o... You cannot come and be calling him your boyfriend, your love, going to dinner, shopping and leading him on like that and finally conclude you are joking. If that's truly the case, let him go and continue to be the workaholic that you are. I only hope you do not regret it when he jokingly starts seeing someone else after he realises you are manipulating him.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by VanBommel(m): 8:49pm On May 12, 2016
missbronze:
No, I am not.

I guess you will not understand.
there's nothing I don't understand. I had a female friend whom I liked so much (infact loved) and wanted to date, but you know what she told me, "that she can't date me cos she'll lose me and she doesn't want that to happen". Anytime I'm with another girl, her attitude changes. This same girl spoilt paroles for me for 4yrs until I started being hostile towards her. She started complaining to friends and was always complaining anytime she calls. Now I've shined the kpe..kus and I'm no more feeling her cos she killed the likeness I had for her by living in self-denial.

1 Like

Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Masterclass32: 9:48pm On May 12, 2016
First of all ... go down low.

But on a more serious note, u led this guy on, what with all the pet names, the hugs and all. The flirting too much abeg. I always establish boundaries in my relationships from the get-go so as not to get things mixed up. I don't treat u like a prospective lover when all I want from u is mere friendship. Excessive flirting and ''pet-name calling'' may send the wrong signals from what u really intend and u will have a tricky situation in your hands like the one u have now.

As per a way out, calmly and respectfully tell him u feel nothing for him, that u were just being friendly. How will he take it? I have no idea but it MAY probably ruin your friendship. Wetin man go do?

I won't advice u to try to force urself to love him. if u don't love him, u don't love him. Its not always a good idea to enter a romantic relationship out of pity. It almost never ends well.

But u gotta tune down ur ''jovial'' attitude next time to avoid situations like this.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Odunharry(m): 12:05am On May 13, 2016
Acidosis:
I know your type very well. I used to have one like that in my school days who call me all sort of names : "my sweetheart, my love", etc., meanwhile, she sleeps with random guys even in the same hostel.

I had to confront her one day, and told her frankly to stop the name callings. Girls always want it all. They want the tough & iron hand engagement with the bad guy, but love the emotional fantasy and romantic cover of the easy-going man whom they hardly love truly.

I blame that guy for allowing a flirt play with his head like CHESS. A f00l at 40 who cannot differentiate between friend zone and LOVE may never find REAL love till death.

If you don't love him, leave him. If we search deeply, your heart is definitely with another guy who probably does not give a HOOT about you.
This..

1 Like

Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by G8Arthur(m): 2:37am On May 13, 2016
nlfan:

So last month when we went to the Palms Mall, to seek for permission to film their facilities in the short production work we had, we were together then he decided to do some shopping, i helped him carry the things he bought and just had fun, he took me to shoprite and ask me to shop, i just pick two things, drink and rice and he said is that all i said yes, he started showing me things, take this, take that i said i was okay, that it wasnt appropriate to come here and start shopping like its month end.

I think your problem is that you have not really been in love before so u dnt knw wen u are actually in love. This is my advise, if u are ok with his age and personality try and visualize him as d father of ur kids and if the feeling syncs then say yes!
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by cr80vity(m): 9:17am On May 13, 2016
just tell him straight away

I tink its time pple start to know d similarity btw I like him nd I love him...l like him so much is a statement u use wen u want to decive urself or hide d truth or u dnt want to admit u love him
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by tommychow(m): 5:49pm On May 13, 2016
nlfan:
the fact that you had a girl that was sleeping around does not mean you should start talking to women anyhow, dont ever talk to me in that tune again, i beg of you

Excuse me, ma! Who told you he's not gonna play you? Who told him being contrite about his past relationships means it's not part of the game to play you? Who told you he won't mess up again? I was just about to post a thread on why people ignore people's past in the name of "I like him/her". A player will eventually miss his adventurous days and go back...especially when he's tired of your cooch.

Good luck.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by faith551(m): 11:28pm On May 13, 2016
missbronze:
Seriously, it happens like that.

You will like someone so much, yet, you don't love them. No matter how hard you try to convert the like to love, it wouldn't just come.

Even when you try to be intimate with the person, it will be like you are with your fellow sex. Nothing arouses you when you with him. You can't kiss him, even when you try to, you don't feel anything. You can't just be emotional with him. Yet, you like hanging out, helping him out, cooking or even washing for him, you feel his pains and happiness.

I am in that situation now.

this one is strong
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Favour155(m): 6:58am On Apr 14, 2017
faith551:
FIRST OF ALL, sorry, but u dnt know what you want yet. You like him a lot but you dnt love him? how do you think love starts

are u thinking what am thinking?
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by faith551(m): 7:50am On Apr 14, 2017
Favour155:

are u thinking what am thinking?

watchu thinking bro
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by TeeFriz: 8:06am On Apr 14, 2017
You just goofed big time, now if it were to be you how would you feel?
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by coltaine(m): 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
Guyman02:
You dont really know what you want, free the young man and stop wasting his time. Many ladies like toying around with the emotions of soft men while the hard guys take undue advantage of them and toss them around like coins. Later when your head clear you will come looking for him and he will be finally gone.

Players quickly tell ladies what they want to hear and make them fall in love in one day to the extent of them getting a quickie and one night stand and move on leaving her with emotional crisis; but the gentle, soft and good guys take a long time studying the girl, making long term plans, falling in love and ready to make all the sacrifices to make her happy and then when he finally makes the move he gets the response 'but we are just friends now, I dont think I love him enough to date him' and the sincere guy is left emotionally bruised and this can lead some of them into deciding that ladies hate the truth and he starts learning how to be a player from 'bad' friends who will readily coach him on how to be a player.

this is so me right now....m trying so hard not to go into that path in life, cos I know me, I am very good in anything I develop passion for......my whole thought about most ladies now is that, they don't want the truth
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
nlfan:
the fact that you had a girl that was sleeping around does not mean you should start talking to women anyhow, dont ever talk to me in that tune again, i beg of you

Please how did this turn out?
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
What an interesting thread...
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by mecussey(m): 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
What sort of wickedness is this.

You should always let people who have no chance with you know immediately.

Why do you keep having dinner with him and telling him you think he is a play boy.

You keep encouraging him. The moment you noticed how he felt you should have withdrawn a little.

This is unfair, playing around with someone feeling as such. Tell him immediately how you feel. If he wants to remain friends it's his choice but stop giving him mixed signals

Some women enjoy that...infact they love it when they play around with too many men feelings. I had one and immidiately I noticed, I played along behaving like I was the one in love more. Later, when she started feeling the same...i gave her wedding IV and that was boom. She wan come start to play the victim type...made it clear to her she was never interested and by reffering to everything that she said, she know say guy men dey. Since that time she is still single and now wants to be acting good carreer woman for wussy men. I pity guys wey no sabi women sha...
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by mecussey(m): 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
Acidosis:

lol, you no need to confront her na...just play along assuming you are gaining sth. Otherwise, just keep her as side chick permanently but make sure you dont lose any thing to her.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
Op you are a player.

Its not good

Leave the guy alone if you don't love him. His real love will be out there crying to God to release him from your grip.

And at the end u will just waste his time.
Well maybe hes paying for his sins. The number of women he has broken their hearts too.
So its payback time for him. cheesy
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by CsRockefeller(m): 4:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Wow! So Nairaland dey recycle stories?!!
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by cocolacec(m): 5:11am On Jul 30, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Wow! So Nairaland dey recycle stories?!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Waist Bead Caused Fight Between My Girlfriend And I / Adorable Pre-wedding Photos Of One Legged Man And His Bride / Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.