Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic (63234 Views)

See The African Civet My Dad Bought Today / See The #100 Tomatoes I Bought Today / Biafra Wine Now In The Market. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by jammyunn(m): 11:41am On May 12, 2016
buy imported fresh tomatoes. ..it's way cheaper
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by drake2(m): 11:41am On May 12, 2016
None in my location
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 11:41am On May 12, 2016
So bad
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by MicroBox: 11:41am On May 12, 2016
No more red tomatoes in my area except white... I bought some yesterday cook and taste not too good
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Checked86: 11:41am On May 12, 2016
Op, your environment fresh pass the tomatoes. Good wife. Clean girl
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Evina(f): 11:42am On May 12, 2016
doublewisdom:
No wonder everybody for my area dey cook pepper soup these days.

Hahahaha. grin

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by promayor1(m): 11:42am On May 12, 2016
Na Ymodulus product be this one?
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by gbens2000(m): 11:42am On May 12, 2016
teekay213:
dem no go kill persoo for this country,foodstuff expensive,petrol is now 145 naira,unpaid workers,no light, nothing!i wonder why nigerians don't commit suicide,if it abroad na suicide news everyday.We're hopeful.
see yarn ibeg,make u first commit suicide then ppl go follow the trend

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by prodigistopy(m): 11:42am On May 12, 2016
Lmao.... They way l they put water while cooking rice or beans today, you go they surprise.. Because any food l cook in morning na him l go take till night... # studentlife
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by promayor1(m): 11:43am On May 12, 2016
Na Ymodulus be this one?
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Deen77: 11:43am On May 12, 2016
Acidosis:
The Dangotes and other Tomato paste manufacturers have bought it all. They have closer proximity to the farmers.

Why would farmers bring their tomatoes to us in Lagos, Ogun, etc., when the likes of Dangotes are willing to buy it all in the North? Remember, the farmers & other wholesale channels won't incur the exorbitant transportation fees, agbero dues, local govt dues, NURTW levies, Nigerian Police fee, Vigilante money, States Internal Revenue levy, Mile 12 Market association levy, Tinubu levy, Lagos State Tax, fuel @N140/litre, just to name a few.

When the world told you guys that Nigeria is the worst place to do business on earth, una think say na joke abi?

Meanwhile, where are the Agricultural graduates, Professors, etc.?

Nigeria actually have more Agric lecturers than real farmers grin

We have more Colleges, Schools and Faculties of Agriculture than Tomato plantation.

We are simply paying for the elongated redundancy, years of intellectual idleness, and the over dependency on oil.

We neva see anything.

Wouldn't you rather sell your fresh tomato to a serious entrepreneur up north who owns a paste industry than bring it down south?

Lest I forget, the little tomatoes around were imported from Cameroon. Majority of the serious farmers we have in Nigeria have been displaced by Boko Haram up North, and killer herds men in Agatu, Benue state.

cc: lalasticlala

Nigeria delta avengers has reduced our income from crude, they blow the Oil pipelines for exports and to refinery for local refining.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by yinkus204(m): 11:43am On May 12, 2016
God buhari no go kill person for this country very thing don cost but the one that pain me most is condom that guy use to buy for 50 don turn to 120 shey buhari want make we get Hiv abi wetin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Kaira333: 11:44am On May 12, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Aarenasbaba(m): 11:44am On May 12, 2016
Thank God, I no dey chop tomato
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by omobaekiti: 11:44am On May 12, 2016
PMBisaterrorist:
at this juncture na God we will be looking up to.... cos it's obvious this chain govt is out to make the poor poorer and the rich richer
I would like to know how the government caused the high price of tomatoes... don't you know its because of the season couple with the fact that farmers would rather sell to companies that want to make tomato paste up north than bring it down south
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:45am On May 12, 2016
Young men and women are currently making money from tomato trade and here you are complaining! Are you not aware of the new Tomato pasta factory established by Dangote in Kano? Are you not aware it's sucking up all the tomato being produced in that region? small time now, people like you will say the North is useless to Nigeria. See yourself now?

8 Likes

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by MeAboki(m): 11:45am On May 12, 2016
chocolateme:
I wonder when the price is gonna come down. This little quantity of tomatoes was bought at #600 today..
How is the prices for fresh tomatoes in your area? Affordable or costlier?

No be una dey abuse north say dem no dey contribute anything - see as small thing like tomato dey cause una wahala.

3 Likes

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by sam2020(m): 11:45am On May 12, 2016
Still thank God say u see am buy!
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Silentmind(m): 11:46am On May 12, 2016
I was stunned when I priced tomatoes in kano and like small 5balls of tomatoes was sold for 150naira.

You know those balls that look like ball bearings. I just left the man.

Tin and sachet Gino now sell for 65naira.

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by GambaOsaka: 11:46am On May 12, 2016
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Lexusgs430: 11:46am On May 12, 2016
Picture of fresh tomatoes

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by tivta(m): 11:46am On May 12, 2016
Palm kennel stew to the rescue, food can never be scarce in the east, there is always a better more nutritious alternative
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by gbens2000(m): 11:46am On May 12, 2016
jammyunn:
buy imported fresh tomatoes. ..it's way cheaper
pls were is it sold
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by lonelydora: 11:46am On May 12, 2016
In my area in Port Harcourt, my wife said 4 tomatoes goes for N200.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by dannewlife(m): 11:47am On May 12, 2016
MBAKA see what yee hath done unto thyself !
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Welber(f): 11:47am On May 12, 2016
Yours is cheaper. Been a long while I've seen tomatoes

All I see is pepper.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Doyin2(m): 11:49am On May 12, 2016
After hardship comes ease.

Q94:5
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by kaziblake(f): 11:51am On May 12, 2016
Jesus christ!
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by grandstar(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2016
Acidosis:
The Dangotes and other Tomato paste manufacturers have bought it all. They have closer proximity to the farmers.

Why would farmers bring their tomatoes to us in Lagos, Ogun, etc., when the likes of Dangotes are willing to buy it all in the North? Remember, the farmers & other wholesale channels won't incur the exorbitant transportation fees, agbero dues, local govt dues, NURTW levies, Nigerian Police fee, Vigilante money, States Internal Revenue levy, Mile 12 Market association levy, Tinubu levy, Lagos State Tax, fuel @N140/litre, just to name a few.

When the world told you guys that Nigeria is the worst place to do business on earth, una think say na joke abi?

Meanwhile, where are the Agricultural graduates, Professors, etc.?

Nigeria actually have more Agric lecturers than real farmers grin

We have more Colleges, Schools and Faculties of Agriculture than Tomato plantation.

We are simply paying for the elongated redundancy, years of intellectual idleness, and the over dependency on oil.

We neva see anything.

Wouldn't you rather sell your fresh tomato to a serious entrepreneur up north who owns a paste industry than bring it down south?

Lest I forget, the little tomatoes around were imported from Cameroon. Majority of the serious farmers we have in Nigeria have been displaced by Boko Haram up North, and killer herds men in Agatu, Benue state.

cc: lalasticlala

Actually tomato disease wiped out 40% of the crop

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by FOWOSHERE01(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2016
This nation sef

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by stubbornman(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2016
Next time when una hear change una go carry dictionary check the meaning.... Nigeria has never been In such a state of comatose

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 11:53am On May 12, 2016
I just went outside an hour ago to buy tomatoes and the woman said 'you fit buy am? E no dey jor', but I insisted I would buy it. She went inside and came out with something like what the OP is showing us, asked me how many I want because it's 100 naira for one piece of tomatoe. I quietly walked back home, I'm cooking peppersoup now, come chop angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe / Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria / "I Found Garden-Egg In The Eggroll I Bought In Aba" - Young Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.