Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic (63253 Views)

See The African Civet My Dad Bought Today / See The #100 Tomatoes I Bought Today / Biafra Wine Now In The Market. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Dblpleasure(f): 1:56pm On May 12, 2016
I have a small area, no bigger than a space for a car and grow my own peppers and tomatoes, always fresh, doesn't cost me hardly anything

2 Likes

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by pythonkid(m): 2:07pm On May 12, 2016
teekay213:
dem no go kill person for this country,foodstuff expensive,petrol is now 145 naira,unpaid workers,no light,no jobs,nothing!i still wonder why nigerians don't commit suicide,if na abroad na so so suicide news we for dey hear everyday.We're hopeful people.

sheybi the suicide can still start from you

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by hatchy(f): 2:13pm On May 12, 2016
teekay213:
dem no go kill person for this country,foodstuff expensive,petrol is now 145 naira,unpaid workers,no light,no jobs,nothing!i still wonder why nigerians don't commit suicide,if na abroad na so so suicide news we for dey hear everyday.We're hopeful people.
Suicide? My dear be mindful of what you wish others. But wait o,why not commit first i believe others will follow.Ewu Gambia!

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Leo2flex(m): 2:13pm On May 12, 2016
doublewisdom:
No wonder everybody for my area dey cook pepper soup these days.
Lol, no kill me with laugh

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 12, 2016
Dblpleasure:
I have a small area, no bigger than a space for a car and grow my own peppers and tomatoes, always fresh, doesn't cost me hardly anything
More Nigerians should start planting a garden.
Tomatoes especially don't take long to mature and ripen.

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Leo2flex(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2016
teekay213:
Na who wan die go die, Naija dey adapt to any condition.
Suffering and smiling, Fella said it all

2 Likes

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by bxcode(m): 2:19pm On May 12, 2016
kaziblake:
fortunately the economy affect both APC and pdp fans undecided so stop the blame game
Do I look like a fan to you or bothered about the whole thing? undecided
My economy is not tied to Nigeria's economy ma'am.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Spanner4(m): 2:19pm On May 12, 2016
Pamelayoung:
Na only pepper them they sell 4 my area.

Nairaland second Comedian

Lmao
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 12, 2016
chocolateme:
I wonder when the price is gonna come down. This little quantity of tomatoes was bought at #600 today..
How is the prices for fresh tomatoes in your area? Affordable or costlier?
This quantity of tomatoes is not worth #50 in nsukka
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by jackobi(m): 2:29pm On May 12, 2016
Na them sabi jor, make I go defrost my chicken sauce chop my rice...
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by mousco(m): 2:30pm On May 12, 2016
As an Ijaw boi nothing concern me

Pepper soup n white rice can do d work stew does
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by teekay213(m): 2:33pm On May 12, 2016
hatchy:
Suicide? My dear be mindful of what you wish others. But wait o,why not commit first i believe others will follow.Ewu Gambia!
i didn't say people should commit suicide...i said i wonder why nigerians don't commit suicide like other countries.i guess we are tough people.

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by kaziblake(f): 2:34pm On May 12, 2016
bxcode:

Do I look like a fan to you or bothered about the whole thing? undecided
My economy is not tied to Nigeria's economy ma'am.
sorry rich man
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 12, 2016
Acidosis:
The Dangotes and other Tomato paste manufacturers have bought it all. They have closer proximity to the farmers.

Why would farmers bring their tomatoes to us in Lagos, Ogun, etc., when the likes of Dangotes are willing to buy it all in the North? Remember, the farmers & other wholesale channels won't incur the exorbitant transportation fees, agbero dues, local govt dues, NURTW levies, Nigerian Police fee, Vigilante money, States Internal Revenue levy, Mile 12 Market association levy, Tinubu levy, Lagos State Tax, fuel @N140/litre, just to name a few.

When the world told you guys that Nigeria is the worst place to do business on earth, una think say na joke abi?

Meanwhile, where are the Agricultural graduates, Professors, etc.?

Nigeria actually have more Agric lecturers than real farmers grin

We have more Colleges, Schools and Faculties of Agriculture than Tomato plantation.

We are simply paying for the elongated redundancy, years of intellectual idleness, and the over dependency on oil.

We neva see anything.

Wouldn't you rather sell your fresh tomato to a serious entrepreneur up north who owns a paste industry than bring it down south?

Lest I forget, the little tomatoes around were imported from Cameroon. Majority of the serious farmers we have in Nigeria have been displaced by Boko Haram up North, and killer herds men in Agatu, Benue state.

cc: lalasticlala

Sensible analysis! U have said it all. Gbam!

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by chaseChoder(m): 2:41pm On May 12, 2016
Lol I Bought Three Tomatoes For #200
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 12, 2016
chocolateme:
I wonder when the price is gonna come down. This little quantity of tomatoes was bought at #600 today..
Chaiiiiiiiii, same tin 4 my area.
Dat's the change wll all voted for, petro frm 87 to 145.
Evry soon galla wll be sold for #100 & pure for #20 while SALARY remain the the same without payment.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 12, 2016
chocolateme:
Very soon, galla wll be sold for #100 & pure for #20 while SALARY remain the same without payment.
chocolateme:
Very soon, galla wll be sold for #100 & pure for #20 while SALARY remain the same without payment.
chocolateme:
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:47pm On May 12, 2016
That is much. The one i priced is far less than that. I fled from the market
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 12, 2016
God pls kill Buhari for us and make this country a better place for us again.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by udy101(m): 2:56pm On May 12, 2016
teekay213:

We get HOPE!

A living dog is better than a dead lion o!
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by mikaael(m): 3:00pm On May 12, 2016
teekay213:

lead by example...be d first to do it
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by mikolo80: 3:08pm On May 12, 2016
Acidosis:
The Dangotes and other Tomato paste manufacturers have bought it all. They have closer proximity to the farmers.

Why would farmers bring their tomatoes to us in Lagos, Ogun, etc., when the likes of Dangotes are willing to buy it all in the North? Remember, the farmers & other wholesale channels won't incur the exorbitant transportation fees, agbero dues, local govt dues, NURTW levies, Nigerian Police fee, Vigilante money, States Internal Revenue levy, Mile 12 Market association levy, Tinubu levy, Lagos State Tax, fuel @N140/litre, just to name a few.

When the world told you guys that Nigeria is the worst place to do business on earth, una think say na joke abi?

We have more Colleges, Schools and Faculties of Agriculture than Tomato plantation.

We are simply paying for the elongated redundancy, years of intellectual idleness, and the over dependency on oil.

We neva see anything.

Wouldn't you rather sell your fresh tomato to a serious entrepreneur up north who owns a paste industry than bring it down south?

Lest I forget, the little tomatoes around were imported from Cameroon. Majority of the serious farmers we have in Nigeria have been displaced by Boko Haram up North, and killer herds men in Agatu, Benue state.

agree with everything but 1 small correction
Nigeria is actually the best place to make money(not the easiest) but definitely one of the best returns on investment
like you said everyone wan be lecturer nobody wan enter farm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by mikaael(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2016
Tobium1:
So a ball is sold for N60?
u sabi maths o
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by scarred9jan(m): 3:10pm On May 12, 2016
Guyman02:
Dangote and Erisco Ric-Giko are buying off all the remaining tomatoes for their factories so be creative as many families have resorted to Banga Stew (made from fresh palm kernels) which is also nutritious instead of spending so much on fresh tomatoes. Use the extra money to buy things like fish and vegetables.
See picture of Banga Stew with fish prepared by a neighbour.

Ha better soup....
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 12, 2016
chimkaire:
The one wey dey vex me pass na when dem put the 'esaa' for under I come discover am, ask for replacement and they forming embarassed angry
You for 'cause trouble' na. Lesekese. angry
Na all man dey vex right now o.
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by docjeph(m): 3:26pm On May 12, 2016
chocolateme:
Dat means 60 naira 4 each... Nawaooo
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by tomdon(m): 3:26pm On May 12, 2016
Acidosis:

We neva see anything.

chai

1 Like

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by Consula: 3:31pm On May 12, 2016
#smh....abeg whr u buy am from?
chocolateme:
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by adoyi81: 3:42pm On May 12, 2016
Acidosis:

We neva see anything.

Valid points!
sadly, the recent hike in the pump price of fuel going to worsen the already harsh condition
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by mikolo80: 3:44pm On May 12, 2016
PMBisaterrorist:
at this juncture na God we will be looking up to.... cos it's obvious this chain govt is out to make the poor poorer and the rich richer
yet una go de put calabash for junction.God no get una time.better enter farm
Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by mikolo80: 3:46pm On May 12, 2016
titiakins:
Why not go for tinned tomatoes

Just fry plenty onions then the tinned tomatoes and you are good to go

My sister na so we see am ooo

When life gives you lemons....
Make lemonade
chai dis gehl,your husband go enjoy you o.your head de dia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic by rasheedmalik113: 3:46pm On May 12, 2016
one tomato is #50 in my area owode idiroko

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Food I Bought For 2.5k In Maiduguri / Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria / My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.