Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Is Adultery A Criminal Offence? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Adultery A Criminal Offence? (8042 Views)

Hotel In Gombe State Warns Guests Against Fornication, Adultery And Promiscuity / Kenyan Man Catches Wife Committing Adultery With His Employee, A Watchman / "Is Adultery In Any Way Better Than Masturbation?.." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Adultery A Criminal Offence? by gj22(m): 11:50am On May 12, 2016
Please, since there are a few lawyers or law students here, let me ask. Are the police supposed to give bail? I hear of people getting arrested and the police asking for bail. Is it legal? I think it's the court that's supposed to sanction bail.
Re: Is Adultery A Criminal Offence? by mysticgal(f): 1:03pm On May 12, 2016
princejenks:
i have corrected this in subsequent replies to the post. The only addition is that adultery can be used as a ground for divorce where the couple are married by the marriage act through the courts but the culprit cant be jailed under our criminal law
No problem
Re: Is Adultery A Criminal Offence? by Karleb(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2016
I think you people need to understand what criminal offense means.
Re: Is Adultery A Criminal Offence? by mysticgal(f): 1:46pm On May 12, 2016
gj22:
Please, since there are a few lawyers or law students here, let me ask. Are the police supposed to give bail? I hear of people getting arrested and the police asking for bail. Is it legal? I think it's the court that's supposed to sanction bail.
Talking about bail, bail should be given especially in situations where the police have no evidence and some other situations like that. Mainly bail is not supposed to be given by the police but by the court and bail is not done using cash but by using bonds,like the accused must have a guarantor who must have certain properties somewhere and must be of a certain office. If you get what I mean. So therefore asking for bail money is not right and you can charge the police with sec 98 & 99 of the criminal code. (note:Do not pay the money so you can be able to succeed in this charge)
I will be glad to hear from you smiley
Re: Is Adultery A Criminal Offence? by Horus(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZz4NItpC3U

[size=14pt]Should adultery attract severe jail term?[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Proud Unijos "Gay" Students / Why Don't Women Go Back Home To Marry? / Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.