Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:37 PM

Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom (37738 Views)

"They Deceived Us, No Food" – Soldiers On Why They Went On Rampage In Sambisa / No Quitting APC, Tinubu Vows; Buhari Deceived The North With Islam Says Junaid / We Regret Voting For Buhari In 2015, He Deceived Us – Chibok Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Nobody: 7:22am On May 12, 2016
Following the removal of fuel subsidy by the Nigerian government, Nigerians are now to buy fuel at an outrageous price of N145.

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt4d9aidn2grf.4c6fffa5.jpg[/img]

Nigerians would have to buy fuel at N145 a litre, following the removal of fuel subsidy.

Until the removal which was made on Wednesday, May 11, the official price of petrol was N87 per litre although consumers have been paying as much as N200 for fuel due to scarcity.

Nigerians have taken to social media, raising their voices in anger against the new development. For many, it is a big slap on their faces. They claim that they have been ripped-off, for them, this was not the change they were promised.

Below are comments made by Nigerians on social media, in reaction to the new pump price.

Jerry Ike Udeh said: “Where is stupid Tam David West that said fuel pump price will be 40naira if Buhari win election, I am just sorry for the poor masses.”

According to Ofonime Sam Uwem, Goodluck meant well for this country (Nigeria). “If Buhari can concede to the removal of fuel subsidy which he claimed he knew nothing about and doesn’t know who was subsidizing who… then I think he is very smart as well for being able to deceive his gullible followers that subsidy was fraud,” Ofonime opined.

Emem Emmanuel said: “Naija how una see am. I hope the 45% gullible people in in this country will wake up now and stop calling sai baba in their sleep. Imagine even fuel is unaffordable now even when there’s no money to buy it. God help Nigeria.”

“I dnt know the kind of government we have this time around, selling fuel N145 Will it solve the Nigerian problem, how much re u paying workers? How much is minimum wage? There is no atom of reasoning,” Festus Ikwuka lamented.

Patrick Offor was of the opinion that “All Buhari supporters will ever be comfortable with it. They will say it’s a measure to uplift the economy of the country. But they took to the streets when GEJ did the same. I hope things don’t get tougher.”

For Chidosky Chidi, voting for APC was his biggest mistake, one which he says he now regrets.

Obinna Chukwu advised that “Buhari should humble himself and ask Jonathan how he managed to keep dollar at 180 against the naira, how he managed to improve the electricity supply, how he managed to stabilise fuel price without scarcity, how he managed to curb inflation among others.”

“I am sure Jonathan as a patriotic citizen will be willing to assist him,”
Chidi concluded.

Chima Chukwujekwu lamented saying: “In this economic hardship, Mr President I thought u said that you feel the pain of the masses and now you are creating more pains, I weep for my nation.”

Taking a twist to the situation, Temitope Abiodun said: “This is the best time for the NLC to go on strike to protest, should Buhari refuses to accede to the N56k minimum wage proposal!”

Olakunle Ogundare said he is “Waiting for what occupy Nigeria will say? Yea NLC time for show lets here your side just the same way you did in 2012. Failure to hear from you would tell how hypocritical NLC and associate were in 2012.”

What is your take on the highly controversial issue, share your thoughts in our comment section.

Source:
https://www.naij.com/827099-tension-buhari-deceived-us-goodluck-jonathan-meant-well-us-nigerians-spit-venom.html

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by jazinogold(m): 7:26am On May 12, 2016
hmm

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by kodded(m): 7:26am On May 12, 2016

164 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by sluk(m): 7:29am On May 12, 2016
Govt have no biz with the people. we have been scammed.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by freeze001(f): 7:34am On May 12, 2016
Wait for deprived children of perdition that will come and say it's only SS/SE that are complaining because they hate Buhari cry undecided

Didn't take long for them to manifest...
omenka:
My thought: 90% of the respondents are eternally pained iPod yoots. Even if fuel sells for N1 per litre, they'd still complain. smiley

169 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by ikarm17: 7:38am On May 12, 2016
Nigerians weren't deceived, they're shortsighted.
Buhari was the better alternative for corrupt GEJ.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Vikkie14: 7:38am On May 12, 2016
Who isn't aware of this before?
ikarm17:
Are you really this High on spoilt tomato? The "Better Alternative" i.e your saint, how is he faring? #145 per liter of fuel grin. I will PERSONALLY lead the war against BH, HAS HE? How "munsh" is a congo of garri(masses and students food) sold in your area? Should i say that May your Life be run like this Better Alternative is running the country?? Will you say Amen to this? Enjoy the Change(Come, Have A New Grievous Experience). Goodmorning Bro.

We dont appreciate what we have until we lose it.

253 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by chikel2000(m): 7:39am On May 12, 2016
God!, where r the northerners n my yoruba brothers, come n shout sai baba again, nonsense!#walksout#

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by speaktome(m): 7:40am On May 12, 2016
The Change is here!!!

When i was telling people that "Change" can be from Bad to worst or from Good to bad they were talking rubbish.... Finally the Change has come.

#MySignature#MyBusiness

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by marshalcarter: 7:40am On May 12, 2016
And they might be the ppl standin in front to vote for changi grin now thunder don faya una undecided

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Vikkie14: 7:41am On May 12, 2016
Only those on expired paracetamol says "Come, Have A New Grievious Experience"(CHANGE).

papparatzzi2013:

What a callous president and Ineffectual Buffon he was.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Kanyekels(m): 7:41am On May 12, 2016
Mbaka.... You see your life?

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Nobody: 7:45am On May 12, 2016
ikarm17:

Can you please emphasize on that?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by omenka(m): 7:50am On May 12, 2016
mightyfada:

What is your take on the highly controversial issue, share your thoughts in our comment section.

Source: naij.com
My thought: 90% of the respondents are eternally pained iPod yoots. Even if fuel sells for N1 per litre, they'd still complain. smiley

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Nobody: 7:53am On May 12, 2016
Please oh, you guys should protest over there in nigeria for 56,000 min wage.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Nobody: 7:58am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
So are you saying Buhari is right?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by mii4u(f): 7:59am On May 12, 2016
This is outrageous, the giant of Africa crumpling to pieces. God will help us and answer the prayers of His children for the positive change to start taking effect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Nobody: 7:59am On May 12, 2016
Point of correction...Buhari did not deceive us all, he deceived only northerners and yorubas! SE and SS voted over 90% for Jonathan!

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by diegwu01: 7:59am On May 12, 2016
This is one of the best decisions from this government since its inception.
this was the best time to deregulate, The real actors would tell the positives Nigerians stand to gain from this drive.
Well done PMB, don't let the empty wailers distract you

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:00am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
At least for once in ur life say the truth & stop hailing and supporting mediocrity, Buhari has failed Nigeria & Nigerians. It beats my imagination that u're a compatriot. Please don't make God regret giving u sense of reasoning & please stop proving ur critics right that u don't have sense of your own.

162 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by princejayboss: 8:10am On May 12, 2016
diegwu01:
this was the best time to deregulate, The real actors would tell the positives Nigerians stand to gain from this drive.

God will judge you and your kind

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Nobody: 8:10am On May 12, 2016
diegwu01:
But when GEJ removed subsidy, Fasola and co where saying he's wrong. So who's right now?

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by diegwu01: 8:20am On May 12, 2016
princejayboss:

God will judge you and your kind

if you dont have a superior argument or alternate solution, head back to your hole

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Nobody: 8:21am On May 12, 2016
Mynd44, OAM4J, Lalasticlala what's your say?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by allthingsgood: 8:21am On May 12, 2016
Yea that right. Just round up some staunch wailing elements then tag them as "nigerians"!

Rubbish

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Nobody: 8:25am On May 12, 2016
diegwu01:

..... AS HE DISTRACTED GEJ

https://www.nairaland.com/3100241/buhari-osinbajo-said-fuel-subsidy

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Hadeyeancah(m): 8:25am On May 12, 2016
Okay, but nobody deceived you, because you make your own choice /decision to vote for him.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 8:27am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
WHY ARE U DEFENDING MEDIOCRITY??
Becuz it's buhari??

Even my uncle who support buhari cameback 4rm work Y.Day pissed off.

The removal of subsidy will affect everything(Food, toothbrush, cloth, phone e.t.c) as far it's transported.

So stop it,
U are a Nigerian, not a Buharian- becuz ur country come first.

If smetin is done good, evrybody will join u and hail him.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by omenka(m): 8:27am On May 12, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
At least for once in ur life say the truth & stop hailing and supporting mediocrity, Buhari has failed Nigeria & Nigerians. It beats my imagination that u're a compatriot. Please don't make God regret giving u sense of reasoning & please stop proving ur critics right that u don't have sense of your own.
If God would regret giving anyone a brain, it would be you lot who still think PDP did no wrong after 16 horrendous years of misrule.

Pretty much doubt he'd even regret anything because I'm too sure he gave you people none at all- it would have been a colossal waste of miracle doing so.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by omenka(m): 8:33am On May 12, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

WHY ARE U DEFENDING MEDIOCRITY??
Becuz it's buhari??

Even my uncle who support buhari cameback 4rm work Y.Day pissed off.

The removal of subsidy will affect everything(Food, toothbrush, cloth, phone e.t.c) as far it's transported.

So stop it,
U are a Nigerian, not a Buharian- becuz ur country come first.

If smetin is done good, evrybody will join u and hail him.
"Put Nigeria first" he says. cheesy. How you people see no wrong in the utterances of all those who flood the forum with prayers for damnation of the country and direct your admonition at Omenka beats me. cheesy

I'm more patriotic than Baba himself Mr man. Go preach to those who wish Nigeria evil- their comments abound all around you.

Bye.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom by Nobody: 8:35am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
If God would regret giving anyone a brain, it would be you lot who still think PDP did no wrong after 16 horrendous years of misrule.

Pretty much doubt he'd even regret anything because I'm too sure he gave you people none at all- it would have been a colossal waste of miracle doing so.

But more than 50% of this current ruling party came from the PDP

42 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From The Lagos Reconstruction Of 10-lane Oshodi-int’l Airport / "Buhari Made Tinubu A Mockery In Every Pepper Soup Joint"- APC Chieftain Ogbonna / Emmanuel Uduaghan Campaigns With Underage Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.