Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network (1743 Views)

How Do You Cope With GLO Data Network Frustration? / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz / Easy Fix For Glo Data Network Not Displaying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by bongolistik(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2016
Thank God my Glo data subscription is ending tomorrow!

Normally people don't like their data subscription to end on time and if they even have way to extend the validity they will do so.

But in this case I am dancing as my Glo data subscription is ending tomorrow so I can officially end by romance with that crappy network that even a tortoise is faster than.

In fact Glo operational licence needs to be withdrawn only if we are in saner society.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by mjames: 3:40pm On May 12, 2016
Many are doing that quietly

1 Like

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Youngzedd(m): 6:43am On May 13, 2016
You're not alone. We're legion.

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by eezor: 7:23am On May 13, 2016
Guy. I just dumped it. Though 115mb is still there. Glo is hell nd frustrating.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by CLASSMAN: 9:48am On May 13, 2016
I also ported despite having 5gb. Rubbish network

1 Like

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Nobody: 10:29am On May 13, 2016
Dont withdraw licence o!! they are good in my area, except when the network disappears though

1 Like

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by parrotibaba(m): 10:59am On May 13, 2016
I don run since March, even with up to 180mb remaining. Switched to Airtel, will love if they bring out a 4.5gig for N2,500 android data plan. Their speed na die.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by donshady(m): 11:46am On May 13, 2016
Heading back to etisalat..mehn... I'm tired of this shit.
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Simeony007(m): 12:10pm On May 13, 2016
Abandoned for months now snail get skills pass am too that it can't evdn update whatsapp apk too bad

1 Like

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by genuinechimere(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2016
Glo is just a nightmare.
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Cliveglobal1(m): 12:33pm On May 13, 2016
Been having issues myself, Thought it was just my Phone or Sim.
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 13, 2016
Heard they are upgrading to 4G.

Hence issues with d connection.. I'd advise you to be patient with them
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Valto(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2016
glo network very good in my area. i love their 1gb for 500naira booster too.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by mcevans1(m): 2:56pm On May 13, 2016
And they said I should GLO with PRIDE! Thunder fire thier banner angry

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by benzion72(m): 3:29pm On May 13, 2016
Glo na Baba. I love my Glo I dey glo with pride. 1k for 1.5G thereafter 1gig for 500 naira i beg no network fit bit that one

1 Like

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by temmym4(m): 4:27pm On May 13, 2016
I did as well, just 2 days ago.. with a smiling face.
Now on Airtel. i pray they dont go numb sooner too.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Coldplay007(f): 6:17pm On May 13, 2016
parrotibaba:
I don run since March, even with up to 180mb remaining. Switched to Airtel, will love if they bring out a 4.5gig for N2,500 android data plan. Their speed na die.

Airtel has a 4.5gb for 2500 plan.. *437*1#
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by parrotibaba(m): 8:01pm On May 13, 2016
Coldplay007:

Airtel has a 4.5gb for 2500 plan.. *437*1#
That's a promo offer which is once.
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Jeffy1206(m): 9:03pm On May 13, 2016
I wonder what happened to glo network especially in urban areas or major cities... Na only for village the network good well but... undecided undecided

The network dey kill my 6250mah phone 10% in just 15minutes shocked sub their 3 gig weekend plan was able to use only 20mb sad angry angry I'm off the network for good. Now I'm confused on which one to choose now that cheap data full everywhere. Competition good sha o kiss
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Coldplay007(f): 4:10pm On May 14, 2016
parrotibaba:
That's a promo offer which is once.

its not once, I've been rocking this plan since last year. you cant do it two time in a row, but once you try another plan you can subscribe again. So what i do is to interchange the 4.5gb plan with the 9gb plan.. If i subscribe for 9gb now i change to 3,5gb next month...
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 14, 2016
We will miss you. Please come back
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by bongolistik(m): 6:52pm On May 14, 2016
asuustrike2009:
We will miss you. Please come back
Please don't miss me cos I have finally buried my Glo SIM. Network that almost gave me heartattack... Now I am at peace with other networks and they are rocking my boat

1 Like

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 14, 2016
One thing about Network providers in Nigeria is: They all depend on your Location.. You cant vouch for any Network's stability...

Glo on my end is effing fast... I get 2mb/s download speed sometimes... Etisalat is good also and so is MTN.... Some people complain about service ish and it all depends on how strong it is in your area....

Its really a shame that no network is stable...
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Jeffy1206(m): 10:01pm On May 14, 2016
Djangocode:
One thing about Network providers in Nigeria is: They all depend on your Location.. You cant vouch for any Network's stability...

Glo on my end is effing fast... I get 2mb/s download speed sometimes... Etisalat is good also and so is MTN.... Some people complain about service ish and it all depends on how strong it is in your area....

Its really a shame that no network is stable...
my guy I agree with you totally but glo own too much jor undecided about 90% of their locations are complaining... If you doubt let's do a test!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by dljbd1(m): 11:22pm On May 14, 2016
I just ported tonight despite having more than 5gb. The past 2weeks has been frustrating and I just couldn't bear it anymore this evening. As pa say I broke I close eye port go mtn jare.
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Gista01: 11:32pm On May 14, 2016
ETISALAT NEW AND AFFORDABLE DATA PLANS HURRAY!!!

It's seems the good times are definitely here in the world of Internet Data subscriptions. The network service providers here in Nigeria are finally or let me say gradually coming to terms with us their esteemed customers. After mtn rolled out an amazingly cheap and affordable data plan, one of which was a whooping 3.75gig for #2000 , as well as other reasonable plans too,  users felt a feel of relief at least to an extent. And prior to that was the discovery of the wonderful Airtel unlimited time based data plans, which I personally would still be happy to see come back to the normal price.

Read more here.. http://jimmypro.club/etisalat-new-and-affordable-data-plans/
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by iheanyi40(m): 10:56am On May 15, 2016
Glo is simply d worst network in Nigeria
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 15, 2016
bongolistik:
Please don't miss me cos I have finally buried my Glo SIM. Network that almost gave me heartattack... Now I am at peace with other networks and they are rocking my boat
WE still do. We are the largest data provider in Nigeria so come rule your world
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 15, 2016
Jeffy1206:
my guy I agree with you totally but glo own too much jor undecided about 90% of their locations are complaining... If you doubt let's do a test!

Yeah.. I get the gist.. I experience the Data disapperance on GLO network sometimes and it can be frustrating... What can we do?? We are helpless in matters like this and NCC aint doing shii about the whole thing..

1 Like

Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by CLASSMAN: 5:37am On May 16, 2016
asuustrike2009:

WE still do. We are the largest data provider in Nigeria so come rule your world
Oga it was because of the price regine b4 , bet me since other network price is at per with u guys u will c the migration , instead of u guys to do something about ur crappy network u are here braging
Re: I Want To Officially End My Romance With Glo Data Network by Nobody: 10:38am On May 16, 2016
CLASSMAN:

Oga it was because of the price regine b4 , bet me since other network price is at per with u guys u will c the migration , instead of u guys to do something about ur crappy network u are here braging
We are working on it

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp To Stop Working On Blackberry From 31st December 2016. / Get 7.5gb Free Data. / 4 Reasons Why You Should Pick Iphone Over Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.