Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) (14629 Views)

Photos From "Bring Back Diezani Alison-Madueke" Protest At EFCC Headquarters / Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) / Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by watchindelta(m): 11:41am On May 12, 2016
kennyblaze007:
I stay in Benin.. The light supply is so bad that one begins to wonder what he is actually paying for.. It's 3hours on and 12hours off.. Seriously, how do one enjoy such?
bro even in warri na still d say problem here 4 my end, but d stupid ppl no dey fake to bring bill way person no use every month! d tin way dey pain me everybody just lockup as if na normal! no no hell is real.
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by abbeywasc(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2016
TrendyP:

Tariffs are increased by NERC. We should also lock down NERC offices. Lock down Federal Ministry of power.
There is no gas supply to the power generating stations, how will the discos have what to distribute?
I just tire.
your school fees were well spent

1 Like

Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by TrendyP(m): 12:01pm On May 12, 2016
http://dumebiifeanyi.com/protest-going-bedc-edo-state-photos/
[/quote]

Tariffs are increased by NERC. We should also lock down NERC offices. Lock down Federal Ministry of power.
There is no gas supply to the power generating stations, how will the discos have what to distribute?
I just tire.
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by TrendyP(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2016
abbeywasc:

your school fees were well spent
Seriously. When we protest at times its like we are misplacing priorities. The Discos don't have power of their own to review tariff. Everyone knows this. Some of us have to understand how the power sector works.
The government should do something about pipeline vandalism that is really affecting us.
Just this week, Niger Delta Avengers blew up a major gas pipeline and so many turbines have been shut down due to low gas supply.

Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by pet4ril(f): 12:16pm On May 12, 2016
vizboy:
For three weeks now no light in auchi
and the annoying thing is they will bring #4000 bill for just 3 bedroom occupied by only one woman.... What is the woman be consuming to that amount and to make matters worse, the house is having metre but they don't follow it
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by Leavethevillage(m): 12:55pm On May 12, 2016
Aspireahead:

why didn't MTN ask you to pay for their mast? are they your parents?
old man is mast and meter same? Did mtn buy you your phone? Your meter is like ur phone. olodo

1 Like

Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by abbeywasc(m): 1:38pm On May 12, 2016
TrendyP:

Seriously. When we protest at times its like we are misplacing priorities. The Discos don't have power of their own to review tariff. Everyone knows this. Some of us have to understand how the power sector works.
The government should do something about pipeline vandalism that is really affecting us.
Just this week, Niger Delta Avengers blew up a major gas pipeline and so many turbines have been shut down due to low gas supply.

Which way Nigeria?
actually not everyone knows and some of those that no are so brainwashed that they are always ready to vent on the discos because they are visible. how many of them have gone to protest at TCN with its obsolete network or to the government that can't secure its strategic assets from vandals? just two weeks ago, they went to auchi and mobbed the Bedc staffs there and vandalized several properties. is that the way forward?
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 12, 2016
kennyblaze007:
I stay in Benin.. The light supply is so bad that one begins to wonder what he is actually paying for.. It's 3hours on and 12hours off.. Seriously, how do one enjoy such?

3hrs on and 12hrs off equals about 4hrs daily.
Una still dey heaven bro! shocked

For my side we hv not had light for upto 3hrs collectively since 3weeks.
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by TrendyP(m): 2:37pm On May 12, 2016
abbeywasc:

actually not everyone knows and some of those that no are so brainwashed that they are always ready to vent on the discos because they are visible. how many of them have gone to protest at TCN with its obsolete network or to the government that can't secure its strategic assets from vandals? just two weeks ago, they went to auchi and mobbed the Bedc staffs there and vandalized several properties. is that the way forward?

I seriously wonder. And im sure people in auchi region will be complaining of no power supply. We need to grow up
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by eme1n(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2016
UDU LGA IN DELTA STATE HAS BEEN WITHOUT ELECTRICITY FOR A FULL MONTH. MD/CEO MRS OSIBODU ORDERED THE SHUT OUT BECAUSE OF CUSTOMERS PROTESTING. JUST ONE COMMUNITY LED THE PROTEST AND SHE ORDERED 34 COMMUNITIES OF THE LGA TO BE SHUT OFF.. #UduLightsAreOff

1 Like

Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by mark3009(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2016
Aspireahead:

Masts and meters are not the same thing. Asking for free meters is like asking for free phones from telcos. While I do not support the bad practises of the discos demanding free meter is an unreasonable request.
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by EdCure: 4:43pm On May 12, 2016
TrendyP:
I just tire.
Mr oversabi, is it NERC that issue frivolous "estimated" bills?
Is it nerc that is supposed to come to my house, read my meter and charge me based on what I consume?

These bedc louts don't bother to read meter. They just find a way to hang their bills at the gate and walk away to come back and cut your wire less than a week later if you haven't cleared it.

I live in a 3bedroom flat. Alone with my friend. The last bill they dropped at the gate for me was 9000 Naira. For a light that they hardly bring upto 4 hours a day.
Previously it was 1k (highest).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 12, 2016
Why are u guys complaining abt light, are u not in support of the Niger Delta avengers. Or do u expect to see light after they have blown up the gas pipeline.
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by abbeywasc(m): 5:29pm On May 12, 2016
MrTruth4real:
Why are u guys complaining abt light, are u not in support of the Niger Delta avengers. Or do u expect to see light after they have blown up the gas pipeline.
another sensible person. there is still hope for this nation

1 Like

Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by abbeywasc(m): 5:35pm On May 12, 2016
EdCure:

Mr oversabi, is it NERC that issue frivolous "estimated" bills?
Is it nerc that is supposed to come to my house, read my meter and charge me based on what I consume?

These bedc louts don't bother to read meter. They just find a way to hang their bills at the gate and walk away to come back and cut your wire less than a week later if you haven't cleared it.

I live in a 3bedroom flat. Alone with my friend. The last bill they dropped at the gate for me was 9000 Naira. For a light that they hardly bring upto 4 hours a day.
Previously it was 1k (highest).
is ur meter accessible if u are not at home? from ur post, I deduce that you are not usually around when they drop bills. and do u paste photocopy of your payments outside your building? plus no one will disconnect u for not paying your bills in full as long as the bill is not less than #5000.
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by zeyney(f): 5:37pm On May 12, 2016
kennyblaze007:
its really sad.here I agbor road somtyms we don't get to see lyt for 2 days
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by EdCure: 6:01pm On May 12, 2016
abbeywasc:

is ur meter accessible if u are not at home? from ur post, I deduce that you are not usually around when they drop bills. and do u paste photocopy of your payments outside your building? plus no one will disconnect u for not paying your bills in full as long as the bill is not less than #5000.
My meter is accessible. We have a gatekeeper but these bedc fraudsters don't ever bother to enter and read meter.
I always leave a copy of last payments with the gatekeeper.

Truth is, these people are just plain fraudulent with no pretence.

3 Likes

Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by jeffoe(m): 6:15pm On May 12, 2016
Aspireahead:

but you bought sim cards at high prices plus expensive per minute billing
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by abbeywasc(m): 6:44pm On May 12, 2016
EdCure:

My meter is accessible. We have a gatekeeper but these bedc fraudsters don't ever bother to enter and read meter.
I always leave a copy of last payments with the gatekeeper.

Truth is, these people are just plain fraudulent with no pretence.
wch area do u stay? or where do u pay ur bills? and when did the crazy bills start?
Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by EdCure: 7:36pm On May 12, 2016
abbeywasc:

wch area do u stay? or where do u pay ur bills? and when did the crazy bills start?
1) Aduwawa
2) In the bank
3) Since February billing.

Where I stay doesn't matter though. That's what they've been doing in Benin.
All my friends, colleagues and relatives are experiencing the same bedc robbery. Last month, they dropped a bill of #13k for my elder sis. One of my colleagues was given #12k bill...and the list goes on.

It is a common knowledge in Benin. And I wonder why nobody, especially the govt and House of Assembly or even efcc, hasn't said or done anything about it.

2 Likes

Re: NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) by abbeywasc(m): 7:56pm On May 12, 2016
EdCure:

1) Aduwawa
2) In the bank
3) Since February billing.

Where I stay doesn't matter though. That's what they've been doing in Benin.
All my friends, colleagues and relatives are experiencing the same bedc robbery. Last month, they dropped a bill of #13k for my elder sis. One of my colleagues was given #12k bill...and the list goes on.

It is a common knowledge in Benin. And I wonder why nobody, especially the govt and House of Assembly or even efcc, hasn't said or done anything about it.
actually something is already being done about it. let's wait and see how this month's goes

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode / APC Mocks Patience Jonathan With Controversial Video, As EFFC Siezed Her N1b / Ahmadu Fintiri Promises To Be The First To Implement N30,000 New Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.