Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu (43896 Views)

Dogara Releases Pay Slips For Six Months / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall / Petrol Price Will Down Within Six Months – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by grin88(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2016
I see d lies in your eyes
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Rexnegro(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2016
NextGovernor:
God punish you Kachikwu
See mumu, kachukwu that's extremely richer And comfortable than You.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by IBBG(m): 2:24pm On May 12, 2016
this guy sabi make mouth no be small.
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Abagworo(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2016
Everybody always knew subsidy needed to be removed right from OBJ era but Nigerians always resisted it leading to a compromise which usually ends in hike in price without subsidy removal. Maybe because we trust Buhari we might let it stand this time around but if nothing positive comes by May 2017 we shall occupy Nigeria again.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Rexnegro(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2016
hob:
‘Femi Asu

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, has said Nigerians will be amazed at what will become of the price of Premium Motor Spirit in the next six months.

The Federal Government had on Wednesday announced the removal of fuel subsidy, with a new petrol price band of N135 to N145 per litre, up from N86 and N86.50.

The development has been greeted with mixed reactions, with labour vowing to protest against it.

Kachikwu, who spoke on Thursday morning on Channels at the Sunrise Daily programme which was monitored by our correspondent, said the move was necessary in order put an end to fuel scarcity in the country.

He said the market dynamics would take hold fast “because there are a lot of Nigerians who are very active, very bullish, very talented in doing this; they just have been prevented by government intrusions.

“As it gets better and it gets to a point where we find that the market has stabilised in terms of supply, we will begin to pull back a bit in terms of determinants for pricing.”

He said by opening up the space for people to perform, to practise their trade, “you will be amazed at what will happen to your N145 price because it will go downwards.”

The minister said as a result of the decline in government earnings from oil, it could not provide foreign exchange for the importation of fuel.

“You don’t give what you don’t have. We want Nigerians to understand that we feel the pain, and we have tried to avoid it since I came in October. We have done everything we can.

“We first went on to the issue of the subsidies that we inherited which, by the way, were based on 50 to 55 million litres consumption, and we said the number looked bloated. So, we did an experiment and came to a conclusion that this country doesn’t consume more than 45 million litres a day.

“Then we came to a second point and said, ‘We are not even going to have subsidy again. We are going yo exit it because there was just too much fraud involved in it.'”

The minister said if the government did not take the step it took, massive subsidy would continue, adding that there was no foreign exchange for importation.

“So, left with that option, what were we supposed to do? We have struggled. Queues continue to go and they are back. And it will continue to happen unless we address the issues.

“If you free up Nigerians to find sources of funds, they will find those secondary funds. They will import the product; the burden on the NNPC will reduce and the country will have peace and subsidy will go away permanently.”

Kachikwu added, “I am appealing to Nigerians to please for the first time realise that we are doing our very best. I have together with everybody who is in this government worked night and day looking for solutions.

“We mean well and Nigerians should please trust us. Give us a chance, you will be surprised what will become of your PMS price over the next six to eight months.”

http://punchng.com/petrol-pricell-go-six-months-kachikwu/

Lets take note my people.
In Defence Of Deregulation: A Correlation Between The Price Of SIM
Card And PMS
I bought my SIM card with number 08033440773 for 30,000
NAIRA. I made calls 70/per minute, whether it was 25 seconds or
60 seconds. Then MTN held sway.
Glo came. Econet came. Other Telecom companies came. All of a
sudden, the price of SIM cards crashed to 3000 and 1000 NAIRA
and then nothing! The telecom companies started begging us to
pick up their SIM cards for free.
And now, I don't even know what MTN charges for a minute's call
again. It's something I take for granted. But in 2004, I always
checked my account balance to see how many minute's call my
airtime could sustain. I do not have that worry today.
Competition in the sector has driven down the cost of everything. If
my MTN line misbehaves, I buy airtime on my Glo network and
make calls from there. There were times when MTN gave me
bonuses whenever I had dropped their SIM for other networks just
to woo me back.
Occasionally, MTN will role incentives, promos and packages to
reward my loyalty. Other telecom companies do the same. The
endpoint is always to keep their customers happy and hooked to
their brands and services.
All that happened because President Obasanjo deregulated the
sector. It appeared a crazy idea when he did it, in fact, the cost we
borne was humungous. But all that has eased out to usher in an
era of choice that comes with comparative ease today.
If you support the government's deregulation of the petroleum
sector, though initially things will be tough, but ultimately, it will
bring happiness just as we experienced in the telecom sector.
Have you ever imagined a situation where independent marketers
will fall over their necks just to have you buy fuel in their stations?
And then, you, the buyer, will make your yanga whether to buy in
station A or B, if their price, quality and quantity is right.
That time will come, and sooner than we expect. So let's endure
the pain of deregulation to enjoy the gain that is sure to come. We
cannot afford to continue enriching few pockets against million of
Nigerians.
There's no better time than these period. Support Deregulation in
the downstream sector for the benefit of all.

7 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by danjaba(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2016
wawa banza kawai
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by mavinkalot: 2:27pm On May 12, 2016
I knew it at the bolded that the suffering on the masses as a result of the fuel scarcity was FG's experimental governance. Trial and error government. You had no concrete plan on what to do when elected; you were just telling lies during campaign for liars' sakes, just for GEJ to go. keep it up! We will not die, but mark my word. One day the have-nots will rise against the haves. You can call it kano treatment.

hob:
‘Femi Asu

So, we did [b]an experiment [/b]and came to a conclusion that this country doesn’t consume more than 45 million litres a day.

http://punchng.com/petrol-pricell-go-six-months-kachikwu/

Lets take note my people.
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by IBBG(m): 2:27pm On May 12, 2016
this guy sabi make noise no be small
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by danjaba(m): 2:27pm On May 12, 2016
Abagworo:
Everybody always knew subsidy needed to be removed right from OBJ era but Nigerians always resisted it leading to a compromise which usually ends in hike in price without subsidy removal. Maybe because we trust Buhari we might let it stand this time around but if nothing positive comes by May 2017 we shall occupy Nigeria again.

You drink ogogoro ko?
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by farem: 2:28pm On May 12, 2016
This Igbochukwu.
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by macphilip: 2:28pm On May 12, 2016
Thought you are a Minister,
are you now also market forecast analyst
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by FullDepth1: 2:29pm On May 12, 2016
VocalWalls:
normal lying government.

I'm tired of Nigeria.

"My Watch Is Ended"

Oshe ! Vocal Stark ! ....
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 12, 2016
Rexnegro:
In Defence Of Deregulation: A Correlation Between The Price Of SIM
Card And PMS
I bought my SIM card with number 08033440773 for 30,000
NAIRA. I made calls 70/per minute, whether it was 25 seconds or
60 seconds. Then MTN held sway.
Glo came. Econet came. Other Telecom companies came. All of a
sudden, the price of SIM cards crashed to 3000 and 1000 NAIRA
and then nothing! The telecom companies started begging us to
pick up their SIM cards for free.
And now, I don't even know what MTN charges for a minute's call
again. It's something I take for granted. But in 2004, I always
checked my account balance to see how many minute's call my
airtime could sustain. I do not have that worry today.
Competition in the sector has driven down the cost of everything. If
my MTN line misbehaves, I buy airtime on my Glo network and
make calls from there. There were times when MTN gave me
bonuses whenever I had dropped their SIM for other networks just
to woo me back.
Occasionally, MTN will role incentives, promos and packages to
reward my loyalty. Other telecom companies do the same. The
endpoint is always to keep their customers happy and hooked to
their brands and services.
All that happened because President Obasanjo deregulated the
sector. It appeared a crazy idea when he did it, in fact, the cost we
borne was humungous. But all that has eased out to usher in an
era of choice that comes with comparative ease today.
If you support the government's deregulation of the petroleum
sector, though initially things will be tough, but ultimately, it will
bring happiness just as we experienced in the telecom sector.
Have you ever imagined a situation where independent marketers
will fall over their necks just to have you buy fuel in their stations?
And then, you, the buyer, will make your yanga whether to buy in
station A or B, if their price, quality and quantity is right.
That time will come, and sooner than we expect. So let's endure
the pain of deregulation to enjoy the gain that is sure to come. We
cannot afford to continue enriching few pockets against million of
Nigerians.
There's no better time than these period. Support Deregulation in
the downstream sector for the benefit of all.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by VocalWalls: 2:32pm On May 12, 2016
FullDepth1:

Oshe ! Vocal Stark ! ....

grin grin grin
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by MrRichy(m): 2:32pm On May 12, 2016
The person selling weed to this man needs to be arrested... am sure Oga LAI nd Kachikwu dey buy from the same place..
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 12, 2016
I am amazed how Nigerians THINK.. was it not the same inane statements Obaseki made during OBJ's deregulation drive that saw pump prices jump over 40% and have continued since then? What is this IPOB ingrate saying now.. let us look at the FACTS

1: NNPC is to Produce/Import the product given USD$ Funding from FG.. NNPC alone cannot fulfill up to 10% of Local Demand.. how can they do it now
2: Petroleum Importers/Marketers are buying the product in USD$ that has since gone into Scarce-mode and given the removal of subsidy.. will even cause the sales from awon OANDO, MRS, CONOIL to jump beyond the N145 approved pump-price.. it is well over N200 in the Eastern and some Northern parts of the country - ALAS!! deregulation did not do anything but drive up Inflation
3: As long as Demand outstrips Supply - Prices will remain HIGH

People try to think for once in 50+ years
let these aging frogs of stolen destinies tell us FACT-FOR-FACT how they are going to solve our problems instead of using their guinea-worm infested mouths to make flippant promises
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 12, 2016
danjaba:

wawa banza kawai

Ka gia mi shi
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by barclays22(m): 2:34pm On May 12, 2016
Look and laugh. continue
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Optionalx: 2:34pm On May 12, 2016
There's no honour amongst thieves liars
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 12, 2016
Abagworo:

Well....methinks Buhari did not want to remove subsidy....but falling revenues from oil force his hands.

When even prosperous Saudi Arabia and the UAE are removing subsides on fuel too....even Venezuela as well....why not Nigeria?

If we want the benefit of low price for PMS....we need either of two things....oil prices above $125 and/or four new refineries plus lots of mini-refineries.
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by davibid: 2:40pm On May 12, 2016
shocked

embarassedPlease stop the rhetoric,

shocked
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by ALAYORMII: 2:42pm On May 12, 2016
Yeye dey smell

The same man that said fuel scarcity will end by May
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by LordReed(m): 2:44pm On May 12, 2016
Questions:

Will food prices go down in 6 months?

Will transport prices go down in 6 months?

Will any of the service costs that go up because of this increase go down in 6 months?

Did they stop to think about the impact all of this will have on the quality of life of the masses?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Mrfred43(m): 2:45pm On May 12, 2016
The govt should also increase salary for this period of hike Mr minister!
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 12, 2016
LordReed:
Questions:

Will food prices go down in 6 months?

Will transport prices go down in 6 months?

Will any of the service costs that go up because of this increase go down in 6 months?

Did they stop to think about the impact all of this will have on the quality of life of the masses?

Do you make cake by just magically wishing the existence of the ingriedents into your oven.?

Nigeria needs oil to be at $123 and above to pay for any subsidy. Right now oil is below $50. You do the math.
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by TheMadame(f): 2:47pm On May 12, 2016
Sadly,this APC government's lies are so infantile,that they are embarrassing to everyone that voted for them in the last general elections.
As far as I am concerned the APC government has proven that their best policies are worst than the poorest PDP policies.
All I can say is that we are in a government that is applying archaic and medieval economic policies in an internet age.
Everything revolves around one man who thinks he knows it all,when in fact he knows nought.
This is a confirmed one chance bus but you know what 2019 is just around the corner....when we will do the needful...

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 12, 2016
Can't we just impeach of them, I think this is what we need. Can't they use their salaries to support the growth of the country, must it be the masses.. E dey pain me for wetin we will soon be going through, what will become of the less priviledge
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Almajiri1: 2:49pm On May 12, 2016
silvoice:
I Lay a curse on anyone who defend politicians simply because he or she is benefiting from them, is from the same tribe or party. I don't care which side you belong to. PDP and APC are the same and their sycophants. Are mainly idiots who will all receive their reward when the time come. Indeed, #there was a country.
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Lanre01(m): 2:51pm On May 12, 2016
angry
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by hiltop2: 2:53pm On May 12, 2016
Kasuku!
Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by MrAboki: 2:56pm On May 12, 2016
silvoice:
I Lay a curse on anyone who defend politicians simply because he or she is benefiting from them, is from the same tribe or party. I don't care which side you belong to. PDP and APC are the same and their sycophants. Are mainly idiots who will all receive their reward when the time come. Indeed, #there was a country.

So you have special powers like that and your life is still where it is.. grin

Africa is blessed but Africans are cursed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo In Onitsha, Visits Petrol Tanker Fire Victims / INEC Chairman, Yakubu Rejects Suspending Collation Of Presidential Results / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.