Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us (34393 Views)

Apc: Fuel Price Increase / Finally Absolute Proof Buhari Is A Bigot / Falsehood in APC Fuel Price :Real Cost Of Petrol Breakdown ...by Tam David West (2) (3) (4)

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Nairadays: 4:37pm On May 12, 2016
God will help us Nigerians.

These are economic perilous times, but we shall pull through by God's Grace.

At these times, everyone's opinion is valid and everyone's statement is accepted and justified.

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by allthingsgood: 4:37pm On May 12, 2016
Honestly this is silly and ridiculous!

Makes absolutely no sense except to a dumb neat brain. Nobody in this life can control all the variables u listed. Except OP is telling us that Buhari is God

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 12, 2016
This APC government is better than PDP in some ways

1. Good at crisis management: lie to your face and you will believe

2. Good Brand marketing: They can package sand and sell it as gold,

3. Good Media Control: They have keen hold on the traditional media except social media

In terms of gpvernance, they are still learning the ropes and hopefully by 2019, they should have gotten the hang of it

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by gwales: 4:40pm On May 12, 2016
I support fuel subsidy removal

Sai buhari

Lagoon is ever ready for the 5%

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by busybrain123(m): 4:40pm On May 12, 2016
Zombies will soon attack the OP..... Omenka come and defend bubu, you where paid to do so...or vomit aisha red oil rice. grin
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by DropShot: 4:40pm On May 12, 2016
ndcide:

Why do you think this is the right time and not before now.

In 2012 we were given the breakdown of how the price was about N140.. What is the breakdown down that gave us N145.. Especially since crude oil is not priced low.

With this, don't you think Nigerians will be paying more than other countries comparatively?

One of the media big men here in Lagos just told us that he was wrong to have opposed the deregulation in 2012. Do you think we all were wrong or we should insist, for political sentiments, that 2012 was not a good time to deregulate, giving that the government have been advocating deregulation even when obj was president?

Besides, the popular cliche, corruption, have been one major reason to deregulate even before, 2012, in 2012 and now too.

Do you think we allowed corruption in that sector to remain by our insistence in 2012?.. I think we did because the subsidy corruption remained even with this government.
In 2012, Nigerians were entitled to subsidy given that we were making a hell lot of money from crude sale.

Now, we're not making reasonable profit from crude sale and it's not sensible to still subsize when you're already losing money.

Check other countries where they enjoyed subsidy prior to crude prise crash and you'd realize that they've all removed some subsidy.

Qatar, Saudi, UAE, and many others have increased fuel pump price. It's only those countries where there was no subsidy prior to crude price crash that have witnessed reduction in fuel pump price in tandem with reduction in crude price.

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Bizibi(m): 4:40pm On May 12, 2016
The price will grAdually increase....I just hope it doesnt break another record this time.....
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by AreaFada2: 4:41pm On May 12, 2016
MrAboki:
Who be Lawyer sef?

The man/barrister fighting Omonile scam on our behalf for years now. Check property section.

The Law, ekabo oo.

Welcome to chanji. grin cheesy

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by deeway200(m): 4:41pm On May 12, 2016
Sensible
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:42pm On May 12, 2016
Trash frm a bigoted ipod!

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Barselonia(m): 4:43pm On May 12, 2016
Nnemuka:
Buhari is a cursed leader....
may the hadships we face today be the fate that will befall your generation to come.

Dont bother to quote me and tell me i lack respect. angry angry
a hungry man is an angry man.

do u pass through school or school pass through u..
That's y human are not like God

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by holyokoto(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2016
Don't be even deceived. There is no removal of subsidy as is being touted in official quarters in the true sense of the word. What the government simply has done is to increase the base price of Petrol Motor Spirit from 87 Naira to 145. The price cap is still there (which means no importer could legally sell above 145 in contravention of the government order).

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by tico1212(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2016
nairaman66:
Damn! Occupy Nigeria has occupied us!

I dey tell you.

Gbt gbt gbt gbt gbt gbt gbt . (Jibiti)
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by agabusta: 4:45pm On May 12, 2016
trash!
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Sodiq3(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2016
Bro, your analogy is very simple. I have observed that the APC led federal government has a lot of political and media strategists that are very good in the arts of propaganda. Their public manipulation techniques is too subtle for the gullible Nigerians to recognize. Your narrative can be given a philosophical bearing...........
According to Noam Chomsky, there are 10 strategies the elites use to manipulate the masses. The second of those strategies is ... . Create problems, then offer
solutions

This method is also called “problem
-reaction- solution.”
It creates a problem, a “situation”
referred to cause some reaction in
the audience, so this is the
principal of the steps that you want
to accept.
Or create an economic crisis to
accept as a necessary evil retreat
of social rights and the dismantling
of public services.
When social problems are
concocted to provoke a specific
need for orientation in the
population, that makes possible a
solution in the ideological direction
desired from the beginning. A
serious crime is committed
especially when the living
conditions of people deteriorate.
Whoever
sees the elites' information
advantage over their diverted
populations, particularly when the
mass media acts as a "fourth
branch" under resource scarcity
and factors of capital-connection and under a unanimous
mentality does not need much
imagination to recognize how
easily crises, catastrophes and
other problems in many areas can
be intensified and exploited.
This is what is currently happening....

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by hisgrace090: 4:47pm On May 12, 2016
Fuel subsidy removal is now or never, no matter what you type. So both old and new govt are foolish preaching it removal all this while?
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by odomanis: 4:47pm On May 12, 2016
fiizznation:
This is actually the right time to deregulate the downstream oil sector. What's the essence of paying exuberant subsidy to the major oil marketers when the price of oil has crashed in the market? Though I still think the 145 naira per litre is kind of too much{ maybe 120/115 naira per litre is ok and somehow understandable}, but the subsidy removal timing is spot on and every reasonable Nigerian should support it.

Common Close your mouth there !
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 12, 2016
lawyer:
Buhari/APC are very smart. I now understand the format.

Make Fuel scarce for 8months.

Make Nigerians very Frustrated.

Make them buy it at exorbitant prices from 150-250 Naira per litre.

Make it very difficult to even get the fuel even at that price.

Make them beg for black market fuel at N300 per Litre.

Continue to blame Gej and Pdp for the fuel Scarcity.

Make FX scarce. Make people queue for hours and ignore their cries and pains.

Tap into a typical Nigerian's excessive calmness, patience and dislike to queue and suffer.

Promise them Fuel Scarcity would end May 7th.

Re-Introduce the Fuel Scarcity on May 9th.

Make people start begging Buhari/APC to ‪#‎endfuelqueues‬.

Send Buhari to the U.K on May 10th to disgrace us and tell the whole world "Yes Nigeria is Fantastically Corrupt" to deflect attention on what is going back home.

Increase Fuel price from N97 to N145 on May 11th without considering the masses or providing any palliative to cushion the effects of the massive inflation that would result from it to further impoverish Nigerians.

Lie to Nigerians that NLC and all the Governors and Senators are in support. ( Meanwhile its not true)

Change the narrative that ‪#‎OccupyNigeria‬ 1 wasn't about reversal of Fuel subsidy under GEJ but because they didn't trust GEJ to do it well because he was corrupt.

Promote a lot of Social media activists and APC fans living outside Nigeria to tell the world why the new fuel subsidy removal is the best thing to happen to Nigeria since Fried Rice and Chicken because they trust Buhari.

Forget to remind Nigerians that since we do not have 24 hours light, we rely on Generators to run businesses and homes.

For example i spend 20 liters daily on my car to shuttle between Mainland and Lekki. I suffer at least 2 hours of Traffic inside heat so the A/C must be on. If i buy Fuel now for N145 per litre, that means i spend N87,000 a month on Fuel in my car. (Where i wan see am?)

When i get home i must buy at least 10 litres every day for the home Generator. That's N43,500 in a month Making a total of N130,500 a month on Fuel. Let me not add the 20liters per day i buy to run my office generator o!

I have not added cost of food, Fashola's (aka Minister of Darkness) new high increment in Nepa bills, taxes, food, inflation on every damn thing and miscellaneous expenses.

Why then would Nigerians not be Fantastically Corrupt to survive when Buhari's Government only understands Increment, taxes, tolls, pain and suffering and the minimum wage is N18,000 per month while they rejected just 2 weeks ago to increase workers wages. APC lied that if Buhari wins the election, Fuel would be N40 per litre. Little did we know they meant N145 per litre. Every single thing Buhari met in May 2015 has increased 100% just under one year.

We could live with his bland and vapid economic policies but why compound it with an 80% increase from N86 to N145? This is beyond heartless and cruel. Nobody deserves this kind of wickedness. Even convicted Murders don't deserve this kind of suffering talk less of hard working Nigerians.

Since May 29 2015 almost everyone i know has complained that Business has been bad and their wallets are getting slimmer. No economic improvement or sign of better things to come. Rather its one propaganda or the other about how Minister A chop money or Governor F Stole $100 billion meanwhile the hard working Nigerians who have nothing to do with it are getting hungrier everyday and starving because there is no economic blue print but out of the blues ..BOOM!!! N145 per liter. Pay it or jump into the Lagoon.

To you guys abroad supporting the wicked policies of Buhari on twitter or Facebook, don't think you are exempt from it. The families/relatives you left behind in Nigeria are going to suffer it too and you would be getting daily calls from Nigeria for you to send Western Union because "Hunger they catch them". The money you intended to use to do something good or feed your family would finally end up in a petrol station in Lagos till you finally get fed up.

NLC over to you. We would join you whenever your ready to shut Nigeria down with #OccupyNigeria 2 to make Buhari reboot his brain and reverse his archaic and medieval 1984 economic policies.

- Omonile Lawyer

The LAW!

Oya clap for yourself.. You try

In other news Buhari till 2023

We will all suffer for GEJ's misrule whether we like it or not

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by AreaFada2: 4:48pm On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

In 2012, Nigerians were entitled to subsidy given that we were making a hell lot of money from crude sale.

Now, we're not making reasonable profit from crude sale and it's not sensible to still subsize when you're already losing money.

Check other countries where they enjoyed subsidy prior to crude prise crash and you'd realize that they've all remove some subsidy.

Qatar, Saudi, UAE, and many others have increased fuel pump price. It's only those countries where there was no subsidy prior to crude price crash that have witnessed reduction in fuel pump price in tandem with reduction in crude price.

Wrong. Ghana implemented subsidy removal roughly same time. They were not making less money from gold.

You implement policies from a position of strength. Knowing the difficulty of fighting fuel subsidy scam, it was best to removed it already, take from our income and add to money saved to repair refineries.

GEJ jailing Otedola and others in the scam would have only caused uproar from SW and North (most subsidy scammers were from there) of "GEJ is a militant who wants to punish SW/The North."

You don't start running around like a headless chicken when things are already hard, you save however you can in good times.

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Stylz69(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2016
fiizznation:
This is actually the right time to deregulate the downstream oil sector. What's the essence of paying exuberant subsidy to the major oil marketers when the price of oil has crashed in the market? Though I still think the 145 naira per litre is kind of too much{ maybe 120/115 naira per litre is ok and somehow understandable}, but the subsidy removal timing is spot on and every reasonable Nigerian should support it.
The government never used the term deregulate. The fact is they have not deregulated. You cannot peg prices to a ceiling and say the market is deregulated. What if my costs exceed 145 naira. What if I decide I want to cater for cars that require premium high octane fuel which costs more. You then tell me I cannot sell more than 145 naira. Lastly, you do not increase prices when the product is still unavailable!!! You just put more money in the pockets of the black marketers.

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by tico1212(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2016
Still a learner

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 12, 2016
uote author=ndcide post=45556353]

In 2012 we were given the breakdown of how the price was about N140.. What is the breakdown down that gave us N145.. Especially since crude oil is not priced low.

With this, don't you think Nigerians will be paying more than other countries comparatively?

One of the media big men here in Lagos just told us that he was wrong to have opposed the deregulation in 2012. Do you think we all were wrong or we should insist, for political sentiments, that 2012 was not a good time to deregulate, giving that the government have been advocating deregulation even when obj was president?

Besides, the popular cliche, corruption, have been one major reason to deregulate even before, 2012, in 2012 and now too.

Do you think we allowed corruption in that sector to remain by our insistence in 2012?.. I think we did because the subsidy corruption remained even with this government.
[/quote]

Look are you seeking validation for 2012 or addressing today's problems and issues. Why can't we address issues instead of harking back to what somebody did or didn't do.

Question for today. Is deregulation of fuel importation right or wrong? A simple yes or no would suffice.
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Deen77: 4:54pm On May 12, 2016
lawyer:
Buhari/APC are very smart. I now understand the format.

Make Fuel scarce for 8months.

Make Nigerians very Frustrated.

Make them buy it at exorbitant prices from 150-250 Naira per litre.

Make it very difficult to even get the fuel even at that price.

Make them beg for black market fuel at N300 per Litre.

Continue to blame Gej and Pdp for the fuel Scarcity.

Make FX scarce. Make people queue for hours and ignore their cries and pains.

Tap into a typical Nigerian's excessive calmness, patience and dislike to queue and suffer.

Promise them Fuel Scarcity would end May 7th.

Re-Introduce the Fuel Scarcity on May 9th.

Make people start begging Buhari/APC to ‪#‎endfuelqueues‬.

Send Buhari to the U.K on May 10th to disgrace us and tell the whole world "Yes Nigeria is Fantastically Corrupt" to deflect attention on what is going back home.

Increase Fuel price from N97 to N145 on May 11th without considering the masses or providing any palliative to cushion the effects of the massive inflation that would result from it to further impoverish Nigerians.

Lie to Nigerians that NLC and all the Governors and Senators are in support. ( Meanwhile its not true)

Change the narrative that ‪#‎OccupyNigeria‬ 1 wasn't about reversal of Fuel subsidy under GEJ but because they didn't trust GEJ to do it well because he was corrupt.

Promote a lot of Social media activists and APC fans living outside Nigeria to tell the world why the new fuel subsidy removal is the best thing to happen to Nigeria since Fried Rice and Chicken because they trust Buhari.

Forget to remind Nigerians that since we do not have 24 hours light, we rely on Generators to run businesses and homes.

For example i spend 20 liters daily on my car to shuttle between Mainland and Lekki. I suffer at least 2 hours of Traffic inside heat so the A/C must be on. If i buy Fuel now for N145 per litre, that means i spend N87,000 a month on Fuel in my car. (Where i wan see am?)

When i get home i must buy at least 10 litres every day for the home Generator. That's N43,500 in a month Making a total of N130,500 a month on Fuel. Let me not add the 20liters per day i buy to run my office generator o!

I have not added cost of food, Fashola's (aka Minister of Darkness) new high increment in Nepa bills, taxes, food, inflation on every damn thing and miscellaneous expenses.

Why then would Nigerians not be Fantastically Corrupt to survive when Buhari's Government only understands Increment, taxes, tolls, pain and suffering and the minimum wage is N18,000 per month while they rejected just 2 weeks ago to increase workers wages. APC lied that if Buhari wins the election, Fuel would be N40 per litre. Little did we know they meant N145 per litre. Every single thing Buhari met in May 2015 has increased 100% just under one year.

We could live with his bland and vapid economic policies but why compound it with an 80% increase from N86 to N145? This is beyond heartless and cruel. Nobody deserves this kind of wickedness. Even convicted Murders don't deserve this kind of suffering talk less of hard working Nigerians.

Since May 29 2015 almost everyone i know has complained that Business has been bad and their wallets are getting slimmer. No economic improvement or sign of better things to come. Rather its one propaganda or the other about how Minister A chop money or Governor F Stole $100 billion meanwhile the hard working Nigerians who have nothing to do with it are getting hungrier everyday and starving because there is no economic blue print but out of the blues ..BOOM!!! N145 per liter. Pay it or jump into the Lagoon.

To you guys abroad supporting the wicked policies of Buhari on twitter or Facebook, don't think you are exempt from it. The families/relatives you left behind in Nigeria are going to suffer it too and you would be getting daily calls from Nigeria for you to send Western Union because "Hunger they catch them". The money you intended to use to do something good or feed your family would finally end up in a petrol station in Lagos till you finally get fed up.

NLC over to you. We would join you whenever your ready to shut Nigeria down with #OccupyNigeria 2 to make Buhari reboot his brain and reverse his archaic and medieval 1984 economic policies.

- Omonile Lawyer

Is a lawyer know nothing about economy.

Simple mathematics of forex.

GEJ crude @ $100+ x 2,000,0000 = $200 million ($140)

Buhari @ $40 x 2,000,000 = $80 million

Mind you crude is 22 years low @,1.7 million while crude price is not stable and our reserved is zero, Deutsche bank analyst below.

Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by ndcide(m): 4:54pm On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

Check other countries where they enjoyed subsidy prior to crude prise crash and you'd realize that they've all removed some subsidy.

So now we are no longer entitled to subsidy abi?

In 2008... Were we entitled to subsidy when crude oil prices went down too to $37?

What about 2005 and 2006 when OBJ was all out about deregulation.. remember that this was the first issue yaradua had to confront when he came in, as there was petrol scarcity prior to his inauguration.

At least we knew what happened in 2008.
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by ijebu2020: 4:55pm On May 12, 2016
MrAboki:
Who be Lawyer sef?

So you dont know lawyer again? well hes the man who thought you when you were in that public primary school way back in the village can you remember you and your class mates used to call him uncle Ibro or Mr Ibro.
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by DropShot: 4:57pm On May 12, 2016
AreaFada2:

Wrong. Ghana implemented subsidy removal roughly same time. They were not making less money from gold.

You implement policies from a position of strength. Knowing the difficulty of fighting fuel subsidy scam, it was best to removed it already, take from our income and add to money saved to repair refineries.

GEJ jailing Otedola and others in the scam would have only caused uproar from SW and North (most subsidy scammers were from there) of "GEJ is a militant who wants to punish SW/The North."

You don't start running around like a headless chicken when things are already hard, you save however you can in good times.
Stop making excuses for GEJ's failure.

Yes, it could have been best done during excess crude earnings but since the govt of then had proved to be hopelessly corrupt, and lacking trust of the citizens, Nigeriana were right to resist it.

BTW, the palliatives promised for the partial removal they eventually did, where are they?
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by tinsel: 4:59pm On May 12, 2016
The point is that igbos can only talk and not bite. Yorubas are in support of this government and will do every thing to make it succeed. Any organized protest against this fuel thing will not work unless yorubas join hand.
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by tivta(m): 4:59pm On May 12, 2016
Wow, very insightful
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by Poweredbrew: 5:01pm On May 12, 2016
Firefire:

Amen!

May the curse spread unto their 10th Generation. Anyone, just anyone angry

You dey curse yourself bro, cos you do defend politicians from your party here daily. cheesy
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by cashreport: 5:03pm On May 12, 2016
fiizznation:

[size=14pt]are you based in Nigeria no

Do you know how people are suffering ??

You have money to travel abroad and stay

How many Nigerians can even. Feed well??

Donate all your wealth to the poor in the street and face the fuel buying situation
[/size]
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by playtheblues(f): 5:03pm On May 12, 2016
I thank God that I have never believed in this Buhari even for once.
Re: Proof Buhari's/APC Fuel Subsidy Is A Scam Planned Months Ago To Decieve Us by ndcide(m): 5:05pm On May 12, 2016
greenpasture:
uote author=ndcide post=45556353]

Look are you seeking validation for 2012 or addressing today's problems and issues. Why can't we address issues instead of harking back to what somebody did or didn't do.

Question for today. Is deregulation of fuel importation right or wrong? A simple yes or no would suffice.

I was responding to the thread. I don't know what you are talking about.

It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari / Obituary Of Man Killed By Unknown Gunmen (Photo) / Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73