Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! (14638 Views)

As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic / List your Auto Mechanic Workshop and Your Services here (mymoto.com.ng) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
Superrescue, it was good of you to post things from your own perspective.

I must say though, regardless of who is right or wrong, you do not come online to publicly insult, and threaten your client. It is totally wrong, whichever way you look at things. Your client puts money in your pocket, and food in your belly, fact!

I too have had times when some of my clients have really riled me, and have been less than compromising in their attitude. I don't go head to head with them, I simply eat humble pie, and smooth things down. You'll never win having having an argument with a client, worse when it's a very public online one. Calling a client names too, I just don't get it.

Showing off that your business is not threatened is sheer arrogance. What you're saying is your clients can go to blazes, because you've got tons more. Man, that's wrong!

I'm no judge, and I can't tell you how to run your business, but I personally feel all you can do here is damage limitation. You need to apologise to Joseph, on the same platform you chose to insult him on.
Words of wisdom from Siena
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
Wow. I don't know what to say.

One thing stands out though - N21,500 (£75) for 5 litres of oil?! What oil is this - liquid gold?

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
LeJeun3:
Hmmmmm lipsrsealed
How come you don't have a scam thread?

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Mynewdawn15: 11:04pm On Oct 26, 2019
Keep digging

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by bishoptom(m): 9:05am On Jun 17, 2020
I’ve fallen victim of the SAME scam with this man. Quite unfortunate, he’s using a radio platform to deceive the public!
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 17, 2020
bishoptom:
I’ve fallen victim of the SAME scam with this man. Quite unfortunate, he’s using a radio platform to deceive the public!
They are all the same unfortunately. Google mechanics. I've been burnt too. The problem is that even though they know all the technical jargon, they will not (or cannot) get their hands dirty doing the real work. So, they leave it to thier apprentices and what you see is what you get. Meanwhile they give you heavy bill like Stallion Motors.

Please guys, stick to your kazeem.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Smatz: 10:25am On Jun 17, 2020
ModelX:
They are all the same unfortunately. Google mechanics. I've been burnt too. The problem is that even though they know all the technical jargon, they will not (or cannot) get their hands dirty doing the real work. So, they leave it to thier apprentices and what you see is what you get. Meanwhile they give you heavy bill like Stallion Motors.

Please guys, stick to your kazeem.

Or rather get a bicycle because kazeem that are evening struggling to fix a common pencil light will sent you down to your village to handle a common Oxygen sensor problem grin
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2020
Smatz:

Or rather get a bicycle because kazeem that are evening struggling to fix a common pencil light will sent you down to your village to handle a common Oxygen sensor problem grin
Yes but you can complement your kazeem with your own knowledge or ask the google mechanics for tips. Na that one dem sabi well well.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by naivasha: 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2020
bishoptom:

What happened?
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Conductor261: 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
bishoptom:
What happened

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Midex88(m): 3:04am On Jun 22, 2020
Scammers everywhere. Most people here on Nairaland are bloody scammers

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Kayharry(m): 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by madgoat(m): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
willibounce1:
If you have a problem with your car, take it jejely to Ladipo and make sure u stay and monitor them while they work on it. If possible, follow them when they need to buy any part to replace just so u are sure of not been cheated. All this online people you are going to meet are just forming Behind and educated mech, many of them don't know jack.

I think i totally agree with this
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by theoilguy: 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
bishoptom:

Oga please tell us your story.. Sooperrescue is with my 50k till date.. he bought oils from me and refused to pay..

My story will be told someday... let’s share and chase this sort of people out of nairaland

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by madgoat(m): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
theoilguy:

Oga please tell us your story.. Sooperrescue is with my 50k till date.. he bought oils from me and refused to pay..

My story will be told someday... let’s share and chase this sort of people out of nairaland
Na wah oh shocked
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by ndidibabe(f): 12:13am On Oct 04, 2020
Readonee35L:
Wow my mouth Is Just Opened Ajar shocked .
This One pass Rip off

Plugs/Air Filter 17,000
Engine Oil 5litres 21,500 ,
Engine oil filter 1,500
Engine Flush (1pc) 3,500
Wiring 6,000

Transmission Repairs/ Fluid 70k Bros Please did he buy a new transmission for you or he just charged 70k to change oil because he didn't repair anything , don't let any nigerian auto mech tell you he repaired your tranny ,he's lying.

Engine Oil 21,500 people use 21,500 to change oil, oil filter ,breakpad, even engine sit all together .

This One Loud oh
I swear down,

For a 2002 Santa Fe??
This sooper no try,
It's not by having big workshop or scanners, imagine after all that the car is not even In a good condition .
All his talks doesn't exceed octane booster, if your 1992 accord is having overheating problem he'll tell you to buy octane booster , lmfao.

You don't have to feel you've been scammed the Truth Is You've Been Scammed

Engine oil for my car is 18, 500 and plug is 14k. A Lexus ES350. I wouldn't know for your car but judging from mine, he might not have really cheated you.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by theoilguy: 7:55am On Oct 04, 2020
ndidibabe:
Engine oil for my car is 18, 500 and plug is 14k. A Lexus ES350. I wouldn't know for your car but judging from mine, he might not have really cheated you.

That quote was 3-4 years ago when dollar was just 155-200 naira.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by Smatz: 8:23am On Oct 04, 2020
theoilguy:

Share you story , it high time we create thead for scammers to serve as deterrent to others that share similar tendencies, I even learn that the Sooper guy dey scam his fellow mechanic and even workers self.
Re: I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! by weyreypey: 9:57am On Oct 04, 2020
Smatz:

Share you story , it high time we create thead for scammers to serve as deterrent to others that share similar tendencies, I even learn that the Sooper guy dey scam his fellow mechanic and even workers self.
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lexus RX 330 Vs Lexus RX 350: What Are Different Points? / CEO Of Daimler Name His Four Automotive Icons,Do You Agree With His Picks? / Driving On An Empty Tank? You May Need This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.