Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,473 members, 7,801,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? (29445 Views)

Video: Download Chris Brown – Don't Be Gone Too Long Ft Ariana Grande MP4 / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by whiteroses(f): 2:12am On Nov 20, 2006
hey people's i just want to ask your opinions about this, someone just told me that i should stop listening to rap music and not be a fan because all races both black and white people are now totally sucked into r n b which involves violence, rape and vanity , that i can klisten to inspirational hip hop like some r n b such as beyonce's track about love and women's power but not be a big time big fan of rappers like repping 50cent, game jarule and others, please am i being brainwashed here because i'm loosing it and scared. i'm not normally a moderate christian. please should i just stop being ridiculous?. these are the proof he said to me
* jay-z calls himself God and J-hovah and he wants to murder jesus
* satan is a musician and wants to earn every body by making cool music that everybody can't resist which will contradict God's want
* all the lyrics carry negative energy and fan's get's killed everyday
* hip hop churches in america is now growing
* predictions is that african americans, nigerians and other black nations will one day be like americans and the whole world will be influenced with hip hop and everywhere will be like LA and serious crime will be everywhere.
what i'm basically concerened about is that he said i can't serve God and be a hip hop fan at the same time. is it really true or jealous haters are just compacting nonsense together. i just want to be a God's child and have nothing as idol , help
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Drusilla(f): 4:56am On Nov 20, 2006
LOL

Do you know that back in the 1900's Black folks who sung Spirituals were opposed to "Gospel" music! LOL

Now look at how Gospel music is so accepted.

There of course is Gospel Rap. God's Gangsters, etc.

As if they know that God is up in heaven only listening to country music or classical music or gospel music.

And of course the bible says: God sings over us!

Zep 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. KJV

Pro 29:6 In the sin of an evil man there is a snare; but the righteous sings and rejoices.

The person you were talking to obviously had an agenda and used scriptures to defend it. But by studying the scriptures, we can see the person's fallacy.
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Eurphoria(f): 5:03am On Nov 20, 2006
poor you, dear dear don't worry your little head. who is piling your head with all this scare mongery? there is bad in every genre. Me i don't like hip hop any more though because of the message in some. Some Rock and some heavy metal have all those satanic verses too. I think you should be more careful in what you listen to if it means that much o you, just filter out those vile ones and go for the more positive and creative ones. Not the ones who try to shock people and come out with all those controversial lyrics to sell records i.e JayZ etc.

I think the list of terrible things that are happening lol lol are just a compilation of one person's  secret agenda to call the whole hiphop genre evil. Just be more aware of what you are listening to. Unfortunately the most evil and twisted lyrics are the best sounding ones, just be wise. Even some classical stuff are twisted and have paganistic roots. the key is to be careful in what you like and dont like. Many love those twisted lyrics of gun toting gangstas and women being bent over in a million ways for sexual gratification,but hey! if you dont like it dont listen wink

1 Like

Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by uchetobi(f): 2:35pm On Nov 20, 2006
pls dont pay any attention. very soon the air we breathe will be considered evil

1 Like

Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by hoodboi(m): 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2006
well not everythin hip hop is bad, but watever will draw me away from God i will have to give it up
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by ronnieslimz(f): 5:00pm On Nov 20, 2006
yes i agree with hoodboi, one should try to

avoid anything that will draw one away from God!

may God help us all!!!
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by hoodboi(m): 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2006
what it do slim? holla @ ur bwoy on yim, my id on there is keepingit_gangstar or u cud gimme ur's
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by choongtin(f): 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2006
am a big fan of hip hop all day everyday nd 50 cent
talks about rape it doenst move me in anyway to rape someone and if jay z calls him slef jhovah (which i have never heard of) i know hu d real jehovah is its all up to ur level of spirituality if u are a person hu get easily influenced by that kind of music then stop listening to them,

1 Like

Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Raymand(m): 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2006
So basically this is a conspiracy to destroy the world through hip hop music. . .

1 Like

Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Jduck13(m): 2:44am On Nov 30, 2006
I aint sayin listen Im sayin watch what u listen dont listen to to bad of stuff but if u dont wanna listen to any bad rap listen to a gospel artist Like T-Bone. He is the sykest gospel artist ever even close to one of the best rappers ever
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by kaydee(m): 8:18am On Nov 30, 2006
Say goodbye to the brainwashed
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by gbadex1(m): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2006
You can say that again!
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by maxxdjinx(m): 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2006
Considering the fact that most of our actions as humans are a reaction to external and environmental factors you'll understand that music which is food for the soul affects our lives to an extent. So what I'll say is be objective in your assessment of music you listen to. For one you don't have to accept the ideas that every music artiste projects since that is their character and if you can't do that seal your mind up. One last thing, Music is a GOOD thing. Don't be deceived.
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by IBEXY(m): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2006
whiteroses:

hey people's i just want to ask your opinions about this, someone just told me that i should stop listening to rap music and not be a fan because all races both black and white people are now totally sucked into r n b which involves violence, rape and vanity , that i can klisten to inspirational hip hop like some r n b such as beyonce's track about love and women's power but not be a big time big fan of rappers like repping 50cent, game jarule and others, please am i being brainwashed here because i'm loosing it and scared. i'm not normally a moderate christian. please should i just stop being ridiculous?. these are the proof he said to me
* jay-z calls himself God and J-hovah and he wants to murder jesus
* satan is a musician and wants to earn every body by making cool music that everybody can't resist which will contradict God's want
* all the lyrics carry negative energy and fan's get's killed everyday
* hip hop churches in america is now growing
* predictions is that african americans, nigerians and other black nations will one day be like americans and the whole world will be influenced with hip hop and everywhere will be like LA and serious crime will be everywhere.
what i'm basically concerened about is that he said i can't serve God and be a hip hop fan at the same time. is it really true or jealous haters are just compacting nonsense together. i just want to be a God's child and have nothing as idol , help

hip hop is a brand of music.
what you say in your lyrics is what determines if its bad or good.
what of all those hip hop christian songs?
abeg go relax
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by jaybaby(f): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2006
Beware----- Evil--------Victim wonders shall never end lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by choco4life(m): 12:44am On Dec 01, 2006
hip hop is evil? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by IBEXY(m): 11:32am On Dec 01, 2006
seperate the violent lyrics and u will find hip hop just another brand of music.
The original founders of hip hop had other intentions apart from spewing out hate, violence and drugs
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by sydavid: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2007
I'm a big fan of hiphop and have always been, I'm not going to stop listening probably for awhile, but about it being evil is all true. Go to youtube and type in ex ministries, i think thats what it is. Anyways, it's pretty interesting and the guy talks about the devil, and how he has been using music to "recruit" followers, since the day he was kicked out of hell. You see, if you read the bible, it says that God created "musical instruments" in the devil to allow him to use music. Little did he know he was going to use it for evil. Yeah, it seem far fetched, and if you're one that doesn't believe in the bible, then don't read this and don't reply to this because you all say the same thing, "bible isn't real, some guy just wrote it, blah blah blah", I'm not gonna listen to it and nothing you say will change my mind. Anyways, back to the subject at hand, the devil has been using his music forever. I'm not saying all music is evil by the way. But it started with Elvis, like how he pops his collar, ? He studied about wizards, and this one wizard had sideburns and would do a similar thing to "popping the collar" with whatever wardrobe he was wearing. And even some of Elvis' band members have said that Elvis did some things that weren't normal. And now look, they have churches that worship Elvis, on his birthday people go to Graceland and worship him. The devil made his way up the ladder to heavy metal. Crazy heavy metal bands cutting themselves and bleeding in concerts, 666 sprawled over everything they did, but the devil got smart. People eventually began to look at heavy metal and figured out it was bleeped up, so the devil wasn't very pleased. Then he made his way to hip-hop. Hip-hop was first invented by Afrika Bombota or something weird like that. He studied it, and it's a bunch of weird stuff I can't even remember, something about Pharaohs and stuff. Well music and subliminal messages work like this. Your left part of your brain is like a door, well with music and other subliminal messages, the door is left open and that stuff goes right in without stopping, to the right part of your brain. Hip-hop has good beats, so that's how it works it way in. So, let's give some examples. Jay-Z comes himself "Hova the God", take Ja from Jay, you get Jahova the god, e and yes, in one of his songs, if you play it backwards Jay-Z can be heard saying, "murder jesus" and "666", another one is Ja Rule, who has two crosses on his back, and that has something to do with it, I can't remember everything from the video but watch it. Other people include Alisha Keyes, Indi Arie, Bone Thugs, Snoop Dogg, was actually shot in Long Beach, and in the hospital bed, he said a crow flew in, turned into Jesus, and stood before him with his arms out, and then turned into Satan and told Snoop he would make him famous, rich, etc if he sold his soul, thats not made up, Snoop Dogg actually has a book that he wrote about that, list goes on, and I could go on, like about the word "thug", and what thugs really where, but watch the video. Yes, I'm a Christian, yes I listen to hip-hop, no I'm not evil. I'm not trying to be push my religion on anyone, as I know how irritating it can be, but whether or not if I was a Christian, this stuff is interesting. Heres a clip from that pastor, http://youtube.com/watch?v=6oRyrhJdwCw
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by A40(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2007
Dont know what to say on this
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2007
This is ridiculous!
Just like someone was actually asking in another thread whether hair extensions and weaves were made in a so-called marine factory. Heaven knows whats coming next!
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by sydavid: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2007
Believe it or not, its all true, theres alot more on the videos he has, I watched some last night. Russel Simmons praises the goddess Kali, I think it is, and she like rules over these guys who would come into houses or w/e and kill everyone that was worshipping some god or something like that, and they would steal all their jewelry, and then they'd leave so they would hide all the jewels on their body and stuff them in their mouth and theres a picture of one of those guys, who they started calling "thugs", and so now you have the modern day version of grills. It surprised me how much evil stuff is in some of the lyrics. And this pastor is black and was saying, "Brothers don't like that heavy metal and the devil and stuff", and that is true, and then he was saying, "How are they putting this stuff in rap and people listening to it". He's not generally talking about the rappers who talk about killing, rape, etc, not thats good, but he is mainly focusing on the religion aspect and what the rappers rap about as far as religion, which you may not think they do very often, but they do it soooo much. Look up the 5% religion, alot of rappers believe in that.
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Rapsody(m): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2007
"ignorance is bad but a little knowledge misunderstood is poison.Physical poison may kill ur body but mental poison kills ur soul"

I think its about time,i addressed this much touted issue once and for all.And for the record,iam a born-again christian who has expression,there4 i have a legitimate right 2 deal with the controversy.

Firstly, music is God and God is music.God made it,it was God that fused it.The devil never made anything,he only kills,steals and destroys.When l lucifer fell,he lost his power over music and all he's capable of doing is to pervert d God-given talents of men whom God gave the ability to make music.Satan only twists what God has already made,not create his own.He does not have creative powers.People whom God has given this natural ability only choose to allow the devil use them to destroy the beauty of what God has given to them.

1 Like

Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Rapsody(m): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2007
Secondly,hiphop is like currency.It is totally neutral.It can be used either good or evil.Just like uranium can be used for technology or used to build an atomic bomb! It all depends on the user. Some fault hiphop based on its origin,but do u know football started in the brazillian plantations where slavemasters would team up and kick the head of a troublesome slave they just captured and killed? Yet,same soccer is a uniting factor all over the world,inspite of hooliganism and violence being committed by some of its fans!

2 Likes

Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Rapsody(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2007
Thirdly,hiphop was not created by any body.Hiphop was an idea that a Jamaican Dj Kool Herc stumbled upon while experimenting on his reggae dub tapes.It later evolved to become a distinct artform with people like Afrikaa Bambaataa joining the bandwagon.Being only human,they tried to define this divinely inspired concept called hiphop according to their own beliefs,not neccessarily what God actually intended it to be.Only KRS One came close to the original intendment of hiphop.

1 Like

Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Rapsody(m): 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2007
Fourthly, i agree that hiphop in recent times has shown negative propensities such as the use of sexually explicit lyrics and violent images.However,this is not peculiar to hiphop music alone.Other forms of music: opera,rock,blues,funk,techno,reggae,disco,alternative,bluegrass,soul,e.t.c) also have their corrupted versions.Why blame it on the game when the foul was from the player? The devil has no power over music but the musician who is controlled by greed,lust and pride may allow himself to be used by satan to corrupt the music.There4,the attack should be directed at the artistes not the music.

1 Like

Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Rapsody(m): 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2007
Fourthly, i agree that hiphop in recent times has shown negative propensities such as the use of sexually explicit lyrics and violent images.However,this is not peculiar to hiphop music alone.Other forms of music: opera,rock,blues,funk,techno,reggae,disco,alternative,bluegrass,soul,e.t.c) also have their corrupted versions.Why blame it on the game when the foul was from the player? The devil has no power over music but the musician who is controlled by greed,lust and pride may allow himself to be used by satan to corrupt the music.There4,the attack should be directed at the artistes not the music.

1 Like

Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by Rapsody(m): 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2007
Finally,i would like to add that we,the holyhiphoppers,know what is wrong with our culture and it is not the music.It's much deeper than that.As long as the hiphop community refuses to accept God as the 5th element of hiphop and give him control over their lives,the devil will continue to pervert the culture they were once so proud of.Hiphop is from God but has decided to play the prodigal son.That's why God called us(holyhiphoppers) to show the rest of the hiphop community what the music was originally intended for: To glorify God!

Check out the following links to prove my point:
http://www.crossmovement.com
http://www.theambassadoronline.com
wikipedia's history of Hip hop

1 Like

Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by A40(m): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2007
Thank you for enlightening us man
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by tkid(m): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2007
so,
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by FLOWSHOW: 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2008
am sorry yall but i think i have to resurrect this topic by posting in it , anoda interesting thread

@eldee
abi i lie ?
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by hommie47: 12:56am On Nov 14, 2008
Truly i say onto y'all, theres this tape in 4 parts - The truth about hiphop, by exministeries (exministeries,com) where proofs, both soft and hard, were given about hiphop from d lifestyle to d music lyrics, 1 wich is playin a jayZ song backwards and hearin jayZ say som words, words i cant say wit my lips, better yet type. visit dat syte and search 4 those video tapes on google to hear and see about bone thugs, jarule, etc. (his criticism is not even just about foul lyrics and behaviour, its spiritual, i hadnt beet cracked up like this b4).

im disappointd in jayZ 4 wot i heard tho
Re: Beware Hip Hop Is Evil Don't Be A Victim? by hommie47: 1:03am On Nov 14, 2008
NB

accordin 2 dat tape, d originators(KRS1, kool herc and d 3rd guy) were NOT tryna bring a type of music, they were tryna impose a belief dat contradicts the beief in God. this was backed up by a KRS1 interview.

get that tape now!

download it or ask ur friends

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diddy Denies Shading Burna Boy In Alleged Instagram Story Post / Where Can I Download Gbenga Adeboye's Comedy Extra. ? / Ed Sheeran & Fireboy Freestyle 'Peru' (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.