Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe (2864 Views)

Cost Of Opening A Standard Bet9ja Shop. / Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To / Requirements In Opening A Corporate Bank Account In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 8:49pm On May 12, 2016
I hv a little space of say 10 x 12ft and considering opening a mini cyber cafe for my grown daughter to manage within our community. PH. Not actually a schl environment bt hs some youths, schl leavers, etc. And no other close by.

Looking at about 5pcs of computers to start with. D service wl include printing, then photocopy and other peripheral services as time goes on.

Pls I need professional advice on:
. d spec of pc meant for a cafe

. d basic or must-have computer applications

. d reliable ISP to use for dat purpose and their possible charges/fee or affordable internet subscription meant for dis kind of biz. indicating d cost and validity.

. d ticketing/billing, system networking

. d cafe devices/equipment to buy and possible costs, considering dis available space

. d power requirements, such as generator, stabilizer, etc. (Though may go full solar with time)

. government fees, regulatory body or regulations guiding dis biz, if any

. additional biz or services to be added

. security and safety measures

. marketing strategies to adopt

. other general pieces of info relevant to dis.

Good comments and other modifications are welcome. Thnks

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 4:45am On May 13, 2016
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by solar2005(m): 6:43am On May 13, 2016
Get in touch and get my pdf report. I run a cyber cafe at mile 2 lagos and my report is based on my personal experience.
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 3:54pm On May 13, 2016
solar2005:
Get in touch and get my pdf report. I run a cyber cafe at mile 2 lagos and my report is based on my personal experience.
Bros e, u for share some here first na so dat others reading dis may also benefit: nairaland is known 4 free info sharing. And btw, hope dis privacy won't be..........(what pple may be assuming?)

All d same, thnks

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by solar2005(m): 4:50pm On May 13, 2016
worldgee101:
Bros e, u for share some here first na so dat others reading dis may also benefit: nairaland is known 4 free info sharing. And btw, hope dis privacy won't be..........(what pple may be assuming?)

All d same, thnks
I have a PDF report on how to run a cybercafe successfully. I will share part of the report and not all, keep following.
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 5:31am On May 14, 2016
solar2005:
I .....I will share part of the report....
For all here?.....Glad to hear dis.

solar2005:
I .....I will share part of the report and not all,....
And why not?

solar2005:
I ..., keep following.
Set d ball rolling, we are following
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 1:41pm On May 21, 2016
My pple. I still dey loyal o!
Waiting 4 d gurus in d house.
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by 2rutalk1: 2:16pm On May 21, 2016
worldgee101:
I hv a little space of say 10 x 12ft and considering opening a mini cyber cafe for my grown daughter to manage within our community. PH. Not actually a schl environment bt hs some youths, schl leavers, etc. And no other close by.

Looking at about 5pcs of computers to start with. D service wl include printing, then photocopy and other peripheral services as time goes on.

Pls I need professional advice on:
. d spec of pc meant for a cafe

. d basic or must-have computer applications

. d reliable ISP to use for dat purpose and their possible charges/fee or affordable internet subscription meant for dis kind of biz. indicating d cost and validity.

. d ticketing/billing, system networking

. d cafe devices/equipment to buy and possible costs, considering dis available space

. d power requirements, such as generator, stabilizer, etc. (Though may go full solar with time)

. government fees, regulatory body or regulations guiding dis biz, if any

. additional biz or services to be added

. security and safety measures

. marketing strategies to adopt

. other general pieces of info relevant to dis.

Good comments and other modifications are welcome. Thnks

Don't try it. You will regret it the way I did. Cafe business is shrinking on average daily basis. Don't be deceived by the number of people you see sitting down in a cafe, you may think the owner is making millions, that's not true. I am talking from experience. Instead invest the money in Football betting shop (9jabet). That is a hot cake now. To be fore warned .........

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by aloeman15(m): 3:17pm On May 21, 2016
Anyone with a java phone and N200 can browse for a week. Networks just started crashing their prices.
To follow the law you must register with cac, ncs and register all your customers.
To meet your costs, you'll need a conservative 20-40 customers daily.
For peace of mind, start a provisions store for her.
Better yet, let her supply offices, small businesses and homes in your area with packaged food items- cereals, tinned milk, etc.
Best of all, key her into the meal a day program.
Goodluck.
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 8:52am On May 22, 2016
2rutalk1:
Don't try it. You will regret it the way I did. Cafe business is shrinking on average daily basis. Don't be deceived by the number of people you see sitting down in a cafe, you may think the owner is making millions, that's not true. I am talking from experience. Instead invest the money in Football betting shop (9jabet). That is a hot cake now. To be fore warned .........
Dis sounds strong really..... but atleast, I believe there's still wisdom in it. I really appreciate.

For d avoidance of doubt, pls can u throw more light on some of d failures or challenges u actually encountered & probably stating your location?
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 9:10am On May 22, 2016
aloeman15:
.... To follow the law you must register with cac, ncs and register all your customers.
To meet your costs, you'll need a conservative 20-40 customers daily.
For peace of mind, start a provisions store for her.
Better yet, let her supply offices, small businesses and homes in your area with packaged food items- cereals, tinned milk, etc.
Best of all, key her into the meal a day program.
Goodluck.
Good info there, brodaman. I appreciate d tips. Btw, I know of cac & dat's already taken care of. Pls what do u mean by ncs? Hw did u mean to register d customers?
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by aloeman15(m): 11:56am On May 22, 2016
Hm. You still dey dis tin neck. Isok.
Ncs- nigeria computer society.
All cybercafes must register with efcc. All your browsing customers must fill a registration form.
These are the laws now because of 419. Those operating under the radar- once ur mata rish dia syd, na gbege be dat.
worldgee101:
Good info there, brodaman. I appreciate d tips. Btw, I know of cac & dat's already taken care of. Pls what do u mean by ncs? Hw did u mean to register d customers?
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 6:02am On May 27, 2016
aloeman15:
All cybercafes must register with efcc. All your browsing customers must fill a registration form.
These are the laws now because of 419.รครค
Thnks. I gt dis.

aloeman15:
.... Those operating under the radar- once ur mata rish dia syd, na gbege be dat.
I didn't get dis. Pls more light.
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by Nobody: 6:29am On May 27, 2016
If the area is close to school, i mean higher institution then she will make it from those photocopying and doing projects, laminations and spiral binding.
But it its just street my dear it will not be easy cos internet BUSINESS is a dying BUSINESS due to cheap network and others.
She can better go into computer school training, where she will teach those who want to learn, then mix it with browsing aspect and other works.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 7:37am On May 29, 2016
Appland:
If the area is close to school, i mean higher institution then she will make it from those photocopying and doing projects, laminations and spiral binding.
But it its just street my dear it will not be easy cos internet BUSINESS is a dying BUSINESS due to cheap network and others.
She can better go into computer school training, where she will teach those who want to learn, then mix it with browsing aspect and other works.
Thnks for d input.
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by bemagnify: 7:44am On May 29, 2016
cyber cafe bizness is no longer profitable.... U av bin warn? Rada Open a football betting shop bizness dat sh can monitor

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
bemagnify:
cyber cafe bizness is no longer profitable.... U av bin warn? Rada Open a football betting shop bizness dat sh can monitor
Thnks for sharing.
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by Acidosis(m): 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2016
aloeman15:
These are the laws now because of 419. Those operating under the radar- once ur mata rish dia syd, na gbege be dat.

How about computer training centres for data processing courses? Is NCS registration required?
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by worldgee101: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
May I also ask if anyone knows good about recharge card printing?
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by iseeicome: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2017
Learn how to start, set and run a profitable cyber cafe in Nigeria here: http://businessplan.com.ng/start-cyber-cafe-business-nigeria-business-plan-feasibility-study/
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by Epemaya: 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
Become a business owner and say good bye to poverty. Come for business seminars and get gift worth N20,000. @21/23 ,Aromire street,off Allen avenue round abt, ikeja lagos. The time is 7am,,,,Any one who come before 8am will get quality gifts worth 20,000 naira on Monday morning. ....Thank you. Contact Mr Davis LCG.....on 08093164063 WhatsApp/call
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by betaessays: 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
http://articlesng.com/start-cyber-cafe-business-nigeria/
Learn how to how to start a cyber cafe business in Nigeria
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by Homeyfav: 5:47am On Jul 23, 2019
i[;lko
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by joeyreports: 8:45am On Jul 23, 2020
Re: Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe by benzion72(m): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
I have learn a lot from various contribution. I am currently doing permanent cropping business in a village. And there is no internet access in the village to access internet you have to go and climb tree or rock. I am thinking of deploying satelite and broadcast through WiFi. Most villagers have big android phone being used to watch film and for show. I will need idea of what equipment to buy and set up price idea.

(1) (Reply)

. / Fairly Used/ New Embroidery Machines For Sale / MUST READ: Virgin Atlantic SCAM Of Free Ticket To Celebrate 30th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.