Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Freedom From "Shoulds" - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Freedom From "Shoulds" (392 Views)

6 Quran Quotes That Teach Love, Tolerance And Freedom Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Freedom From "Shoulds" by babs01(m): 10:15pm On May 12, 2016
#Qasim Adepegba # Tabassum Mosleh

How we can transform our "shoulds" -statements into more inspiring ones:

I should pray the five daily prayers
If I pray the five daily prayers properly, I fulfil one of the criteria for ultimate success in the Hereafter.

I should ask Allah for help.
If I ask Allah for help,I don’t have to worry about my problem anymore.

I should give charity.
If I give charity, it will cleanse my sins as water extinguishes fire.

I should fast in Ramadan.
If I fast in Ramadan,I will be fulfilling one of the five pillars of Islam, and I will develop taqwa and gratefulness to Allah, inshaAllah.

I should go to Hajj.
If I go to Hajj,I will be fulfilling one of the 5(five) pillars of Islam, and I will return as sinless as a new-born baby,inshaAllah.

I should do my homework.
If I do my homework, I can relax and watch the cricket match in peace.

Any benefit that comes from this article is from Allah. Any evil that comes from it is from me, and from Shaytan; I ask Allah's forgiveness and guidance.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Conditions Of Shahaadah (la Ilaaha Illa Allah) / Why Should I Marry You ??? / How To Perform Tahajjud Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.