Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,737 members, 7,802,219 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt (29336 Views)

Lagos’ll Soon Be Third Largest Africa’s Economy / Biafran Leader Nnamdi Kanu: The Man Behind Nigeria's Separatists - BBC / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by LeSudAfricaine: 9:15am On May 13, 2016
mmsen:

A broke person in Soweto lives in poverty, often times around drunkards, those who have been abused at home, mistreated at school and probably victimized by the police.

And no, they do not have constant electricity, partly because many of these townships are informal settlements and so there's no way of metering many of these homes but also because South Africa has its own energy problems. Nor do they have constant water supply.
Lies Lies Lies, all in the name of making yourself feel better and Naija to look good, I grew up in Soweto. Soweto is arguably the most developed township in all of Africa and is not made of informal settlements. In South Africa there's a huge difference between a township and an Informal Settlement aka slums, yes there is constant electricity and constant water supply. Just to put things in perspective, Soweto is a tourism hostspot, Soweto has museums, the biggest Hopsital in Africa is situated in Soweto so is Africa's biggest football stadium, All the roads are tarred, number of sophisticated malls, restaurants etc, many of our celebrated people who can live anywhere have chosen to live in Soweto. If Soweto were to be in your country no doubt chances it would have been your capital city. I wonder why you people like talking about South Africa while you have no clue about thhe country, stop misleading people with your lies

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Adeniyimi: 9:16am On May 13, 2016
junketer:
one percent my foot. A broke person living in soweto lives a better life than that billionaire that lives in lekki. The sowetan has 24hrs electricity,water, good roads from his door step to wherever, and all the other amenities u can think of. A lekki billionair only has comfort in his house by atleast using generator to power his house, drilling his own borehole for water and thats about it. Once he drives out of his gate with his bentley he must drive on the bad roads in lagos, get stuck in traffic jams for hours. Etc. Naija is messed up

Go to south Africa and llive a broke life, maybe their electricity and good road will make you rich and live good life. If hunger no go finish u.
Some people just like to make false comment

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Nobody: 9:17am On May 13, 2016
TippyTop:
Jonathan made Nigeria the richest country in Africa, Buhari is currently reversing it.
You said you want change. Change you will get
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by lakefist(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2016
malton:

Looks like you've made it a lifelong mission to litter the reverred nairaland with garbage!

Simpleton!
Don't mind the jobless guy.He is still collecting pocket money from his parents.
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Nobody: 9:20am On May 13, 2016
henrydadon:
lies from the pit of hell.. angry
its not lies bro... he said the truth. m come to Soweto and see for yourself
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by AreaFada2: 9:21am On May 13, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

If you look closely at that chart you will see that nigeria's economy started taking a downward slope from 2014.
Who was president then? Its not even jonathans fault. That was when oil started freefalling. It was literally out of our hands.
That period also coincides with roughly Chibok girls abduction, campaign of calumny against GEJ govt, painting Nigeria black both home and abroad, condemning govt effort & military to fight Boko instead of condemning Boko.

Those who threatened dog & baboon blood fulfilling their threats.

Then the economy began nose-diving. It has only got much worse under APC govt that promised to fix everything within 6 months. grin shocked

No peace for the wicked.
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Adeniyimi: 9:21am On May 13, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
Lies Lies Lies, all in the name of making yourself feel better and Naija to look good, I grew up in Soweto. Soweto is arguably the most developed township in all of Africa and is not made of informal settlements. In South Africa there's a huge difference between a township and an Informal Settlement aka slums, yes there is constant electricity and constant water supply. Just to put things in perspective, Soweto is a tourism hostspot, Soweto has museums, the biggest Hopsital in Africa is situated in Soweto so is Africa's biggest football stadium, All the roads are tarred, number of sophisticated malls, restaurants etc, many of our celebrated people who can live anywhere have chosen to live in Soweto. If Soweto were to be in your country no doubt chances it would have been your capital city. I wonder why you people like talking about South Africa while you have no clue about thhe country, stop misleading people with your lies

Are you saying people are not poor in soweto? Are u saying soweto is better than lagos? Though their is constant power supply no doubt but u think living in soweto is better than lagos, which chances are their in soweto where all Nigerians and Zimbabweans are stranded
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Nobody: 9:25am On May 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Actually the Whites are partly responsible for the mess.

Back during Arphateid...the whites deliberately downgraded black education (read up Bantu Education). They thought they were keeping the Blacks down.....but in reality they were creating problems for themselves.

Today....not only is there a large non-productive segment of the population dependent on government hand-outs because they did not get good education (5% of blacks pass SA's equivalent of WAEC every year)....but there is a dearth of technicians...the people that keep an economy running well....because Bantu Education meant that many blacks lost opportunities for quality technical education....which was restricted to the whites....and which led to SA having to import techies...which aint cheap.

Recently in Namibia...it was noted that the cows of racist white farmers were being killed by wild animals in larger numbers than the cows of non-racist white farmers. The simple reason was because the racists gave less training to their black farmhands than the non-racists. As a result....the farmhands of the racists did not handle the cows properly...and left them exposed. Racism is very harmful to even the racist.
5%... are you for real?
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by DesChyko: 9:25am On May 13, 2016
mikolo80:
you're minding ignorant illiterates

A literate shouldn't make this kind of grammatical blunder. Look up the definitions of ignorant and illiterate and try to come up with an excuse for using the former as an adjective for the latter.
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Nobody: 9:27am On May 13, 2016
even syria is a better country than Nigeria.
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Kingspin(m): 9:29am On May 13, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

If you look closely at that chart you will see that nigeria's economy started taking a downward slope from 2014.
Who was president then? Its not even jonathans fault. That was when oil started freefalling. It was literally out of our hands.
Things were not like this in 2014, now is time to look away from oil.
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by LeSudAfricaine: 9:30am On May 13, 2016
Adeniyimi:

Are you saying people are not poor in soweto? Are u saying soweto is better than lagos? Though their is constant power supply no doubt but u think living in soweto is better than lagos, which chances are their in soweto where all Nigerians and Zimbabweans are stranded
Ofcourse there are poor in people in Soweto ,heck there are poor people in Paris. I'm disputing that Soweto is an Informal settlement, there is no constant electricity or water supply etc those are lies. Nigerians think Soweto is some kind of slum and they would be very suprised should they get to see it. Yes I do believe Soweto is beter than Lagos, Jos, Kaduna, Maiduguri etc

5 Likes

Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Adeniyimi: 9:30am On May 13, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
I wish the Nigerian economy will die and be buried.

I want those that voted for Buhari to become beggars

One of d most idiot and dumbest people we have in nigeria.
If your life is not better try Niger or ghana it's visa free
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by LeSudAfricaine: 9:31am On May 13, 2016
CaptainECole1:
5%... are you for real?
there's no such
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Nobody: 9:31am On May 13, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
are you trying to console yourself? ?
Soweto is the largest slum in Africa, look at the way you painted it so good...
South Africa will continue to retrogress if you blacks continue to ruin your economy by practicing xenophobia, high crime rates, and turns out that 60% of blacks in your country are illiterates.
The whites continue to dominate SA's economy which I feel is very bad.. for Pitt's sake! the whites are the minority, aren't they?
But why do only 5% of black students pass their O'level exams?
why are majority of you guys illiterates?
why are the most developed parts of the country white settlements e.g. Cape Town,Port Elizabeth ....
go and re-evaluate... Nigeria is far better off.
Face it nigga!

3 Likes

Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by machinery1: 9:33am On May 13, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Dont mind that paid tout, The tout is only paid to scream Buhari on nairaland, anything more than that is overwork and his boss are not ready to pay for that, he will die the day he make sense on this forum.
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Abagworo(m): 9:34am On May 13, 2016
jackman4:

The only peaceful country I find Nigeria better than is India. They may be advanced in health and technology but the condition of living in that mega country is appalling. However Nigerian economy though depend on oil is huge.
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Nobody: 9:35am On May 13, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
Ofcourse there are poor in people in Soweto ,heck there are poor people in Paris. I'm disputing that Soweto is an Informal settlement, there is no constant electricity or water supply etc those are lies. Nigerians think Soweto is some kind of slum and they would be very suprised should they get to see it. Yes I do believe Soweto is beter than Lagos, Jos, Kaduna, Maiduguri etc
even Johannesburg is not better than Lagos undecided
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Adeniyimi: 9:38am On May 13, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:

Well I won't argue with u because av never been to soweto but av been to joburg and Pretoria, seriously Pretoria is more beautiful than London and toronto Canada because I live in all those cities though lagos is out of it but my point is I prefer to live and work in lagos than any city in south Africa because I don't really see any chances in that country, I met hundreds of Nigerians and south Africans living in poverty to be sincere

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Bollinger(m): 9:41am On May 13, 2016
TippyTop:
Jonathan made Nigeria the richest country in Africa, Buhari is currently reversing it.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Adeniyimi: 9:41am On May 13, 2016
jackman4:

I hate to see this kind of people. If you think everywhere is better than your country, then go to Nigerian visa free countries like Niger, Benin, Ghana u can't spent 5k to get there. Plz go

2 Likes

Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Bollinger(m): 9:42am On May 13, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

My God, really?
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Nobody: 9:43am On May 13, 2016
CaptainECole1:
5%... are you for real?

Heard it in a documentary...which might have been dated.

43.7% is the rate now. Thanks.

http://businesstech.co.za/news/government/108159/real-matric-pass-rate-in-south-africa-is-43-7/
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Hengineer: 9:43am On May 13, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

No way, according to 'them', it cant be oil price effect, it just has to be Buhari's fault. Even though it started from mid-2014 when Buhari hadnt even declared intentions to run, it still has to be buhari's fault somehow, probably Buhari's body language doing wonders.
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by LeSudAfricaine: 9:48am On May 13, 2016
CaptainECole1:
are you trying to console yourself? ?
Soweto is the largest slum in Africa, look at the way you painted it so good...
South Africa will continue to retrogress if you blacks continue to ruin your economy by practicing xenophobia, high crime rates, and turns out that 60% of blacks in your country are illiterates.
The whites continue to dominate SA's economy which I feel is very bad.. for Pitt's sake! the whites are the minority, aren't they?
But why do only 5% of black students pass their O'level exams?
why are majority of you guys illiterates?
why are the most developed parts of the country white settlements e.g. Cape Town,Port Elizabeth ....
go and re-evaluate... Nigeria is far better off.
Face it nigga!
biggest slum my foot, you people reason with envy and jealousy grin do you think FiFA can stage a world cup final in a slum? Do you think a slum can be tourism hotspot? You can scream that I paint soweto so good but those are FACTS! And I know it's hard for you to accept, Black people pass 5 percent? Really? Since you like stats so much, check how many Nigerians vs South African get to go primary school. Check the literacy rates of both countries and see it for yourself, no doubt because of your inferiority you are going to say it's because of white people, right? White people make 7 percent of the total population and not all of them are educated, even if they were ,our literacy was never going to be above that of Nigeria. So why is our literacy rate better than yours? Simple, it's because our overall popualtion' is better educated than yours! You reason like you've never left your village people of all colours live in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg, Bloemfoentein etc ..try another angle by the way I'm not a nigga

3 Likes

Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Nobody: 9:49am On May 13, 2016
CaptainECole1:
5%... are you for real?

Further info...from this 2012 article...http://pages.kiva.org/fellowsblog/2012/09/17/higher-education-in-south-africa-innovations-and-determined-students

Imagine you are a young girl from a poor background in South Africa: according to Trevor Manuel’s YouTube video, Planning for Thandi’s Future, you have about a 4% chance of getting into university. Around 75% of your class at kindergarten will not achieve a high school diploma. Of those who do graduate from high school, it’s tough to get access to university places, and finding a way to finance your education is another hurdle. Further, the opportunity cost of spending four years at school instead of looking for work immediately upon graduation prevents many smart, ambitious kids from pursuing higher education.

This leaves children in South Africa with a 4% chance of entering university. Given the high dropout rates, some statistics estimate that only 1 in 100 Grade Ones in South Africa will go on to graduate from college. If you’re from a high-income country however, your chances are more like 70%- and your education will cost significantly less. (In the US, the average annual university cost as a percentage of per capita income is between 20 and 65%, varying between public and private universities. In Africa, the average figure is 170%.)
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by PunkyV(f): 9:49am On May 13, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
biggest slum my foot, you people reason with envy and jealousy grin do you think FiFA can stage a world cup final in a slum? Do you think a slum can be tourism hotspot? You can scream that I paint soweto so good but those are FACTS! And I know it's hard for you to accept, Black people pass 5 percent? Really? Since you like stats so much, check how many Nigerians vs South African get to go primary school. Check the literacy rates of both countries and see it for yourself, no doubt because of your inferiority you are going to say it's because of white people, right? White people make 7 percent of the total population and not all of them are educated, even if they were ,our literacy was never going to be above that of Nigeria. So why is our literacy rate better than yours? Simple, it's because our overall popualtion' is better educated than yours! You reason like you've never left your village people of all colours live in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg, Bloemfoentein etc ..try another angle by the way I'm not a nigga

Bathathe, S'gidi! grin
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by LeSudAfricaine: 9:50am On May 13, 2016
Adeniyimi:

Well I won't argue with u because av never been to soweto but av been to joburg and Pretoria, seriously Pretoria is more beautiful than London and toronto Canada because I live in all those cities though lagos is out of it but my point is I prefer to live and work in lagos than any city in south Africa because I don't really see any chances in that country, I met hundreds of Nigerians and south Africans living in poverty to be sincere
Fair enough mate
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by anselm791(m): 9:51am On May 13, 2016
TippyTop:

Na wa o, even when there's a chart right in front of you?
Will it kill you to look at the facts first?
Don't go hard on yourself sha, the 42 people wey like your comment also mumu like you.
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by Nobody: 9:51am On May 13, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:

My guy, the fact that they're comparing Lagos: their "mega-city" to a Soweto. Goes to show what they think of their "mega-city".

2 Likes

Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by LeSudAfricaine: 9:52am On May 13, 2016
PunkyV:

Bathathe, S'gidi! grin
ha ha ha, ngisaphusha lona lelovesi, aluta continua Punky, ungaphathwa I high blood yilabantu
Re: South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt by OohLalah(f): 9:53am On May 13, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:

Save your energy bra! Who cares about this biggest economy nonsense when our living standards are close to the European and US? Don't we have Nigerians and Egyptian in millions struggling for our left overs while leaving their so called biggest economies behind? Do you know of any South Africans looking for greener pastures in the biggest economies like Nigeria and Egypt?

As for the rubbish spewed by this op, no need to refute what you know will not change. They can lie all they want okusalayo we are 100 light years ahead of them whether they like it or not and its not going to be changed by lies. Their lies jare just to make their suffering bearable.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Alerts INEC Of Moves To Replace Results In Edo North / Kano New Emirates Have Come To Stay, Ganduje Replies Kwankwaso / Barinaadaa Gbaranee Dies In Army Custody - Fyno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.