Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) (2247 Views)

Is This Animal Or Human Being? I'm Begging For An Answer Please! / Would You Eat This Animal? / What Is The Name Of This Animal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by Rushtec(m): 10:23am On May 13, 2016
I caught the Animal in my site, I want to nurse it to a fully grown Bigger lizard family. Please can you tell me Names of this Animal in English, Hausa, Yoruba, Nupe and Dibo, cos those are the Language i Knw. Also suggest fast growing foods for the animal and Biological nature of the animal. Thanks

cc: MYND4, LALASTICLALA FP undecided

Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by Nobody: 10:34am On May 13, 2016
do you want to become a dragonlord

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by Rushtec(m): 10:39am On May 13, 2016
IS THIS A DRAGON?? kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
winsley:
do you want to become a dragonlord
Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by heywhyho(f): 10:52am On May 13, 2016
Monitor lizard
Yoruba - Anta
Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by Rushtec(m): 11:17am On May 13, 2016
HMMM. WC AREA OF YOBA CALL THIS NAME
heywhyho:
Monitor lizard
Yoruba - Anta
Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by Houseofglam7(f): 11:44am On May 13, 2016
You wan nurture am and you tie am like person wey wan commit suicide?
angry

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by Baroba(m): 11:46am On May 13, 2016
I don't advocate keeping monitor lizards as pets, you are never gonna pet them. Feed it lots of meat, Chicken Intestines even rotten flesh, then watch it grow..
Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by DidiLove1: 1:54pm On May 13, 2016
Please untie the poor animal.
Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by adebayoggt(m): 3:51pm On May 13, 2016
a monitor lizard
Yoruba called it àntà or awóníwón .the food have been suggested earlier. u need to also get fresh mini water pool for it.it loves cooling off once in a while.
Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by Baroba(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2016
I watched a video from battabox on YouTube where live Pangolins, monitor lizards, crocodiles where tied up in a market at Epe for bushmeat.. The thing sickened me no be small..These things are no pets or bushmeat, they are better of in there habits..Imagine endangered Pangolins sold as bushmeat. Am not forming oyibo my people, but as pet/ animal lovers on petland let us respect our God given natural resources. Cane rats are OK since the are considered agricultural pest and are all over the place, and are now been bred in captivity..

Am involved with a school in Enugu, we are trying to create a zoological garden educating kids on what obtains in our habit..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by greygoblings(m): 1:58pm On May 15, 2016
That's a West African Nile Monitor (Varanus stellatus). That stuff does have a nasty bite. Its a delicacy in many parts.
Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by Baroba(m): 5:17am On May 17, 2016
greygoblings:
That's a West African Nile Monitor (Varanus stellatus). That stuff does have a nasty bite. Its a delicacy in many parts.

An those bites come with good amount of bacteria, you can never tame monitor lizards..
Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by benjaminzach: 5:43pm On May 18, 2016
Houseofglam7:
You wan nurture am and you tie am like person wey wan commit suicide?
angry
abeg help me tell him oo

1 Like

Re: I Want To Nurture This Animal (PICS) by Rushtec(m): 6:01pm On May 18, 2016
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

SUPER WHITE Female Lhasa Apso Puppy For Sale.... / 4months Old Male Brindle Boerboel Pup Up For Grabs. / 1 Year Old Cane Corso(italian Mastiff) For Grabs @ A Very Affordable Price!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.