Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Manchester City Fan Thread!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Fan Thread!! (337433 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 9:46am On Aug 21, 2009
biina:

He played like I expected him to. He is a good striker in his own right, just dont feel he is the right fit for Barca when comapred to eto. He is a bit indirect.

Pep is goin to get more goals out of Henry and Messi. Ibra will still get his 25+ goals and Alves will have a target in the box. We can go route one if we want beacuse we have  striker that won't fall over at the slightest bump. Ibra brings a whole new dimension to our game. See both times Ibra tried to play Messi in yesterday. . .Eto'o would have forced shots. Eto'o is a marksman. . . he shoots 95% of the time. . . a lot of times ignoring wide open teammates (his first assist last season was about 5 weeks to the end). .  i'm convinced his high numbers are sometimes at the expense of the team. But all is well that ends well so i can't complain. Pep insisted on Ibra and I trust his judgement. Last season he wanted Adebayor. He has insisted on a big #9 right from the get go.

dayokanu:

Madrid 2nd round knock outs in 5 straight years shocked shocked shocked shocked  na jazz or na winch?

Madrid were a joke under Calderon and Mijatovic. They are just getting back to their roots. The football they have played in recent years has been an embarrassment.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dayokanu(m): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2009
Madrid were a joke under Calderon and Mijatovic. They are just getting back to their roots. The football they have played in recent years has been an embarrassment.

Perez was president when they crashed out to Monaco, crashed out to Juve, Lost 3-0 to Leverkusen, lost 3-0 to Lyon

Not only Calderon Madrid is just a joke even Asenal beat them at home.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2009
Ronaldinho got a standing ovtion from the BERNABEU,
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by chic2pimp(m): 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2009
Did I enter the wrong thread. Why all this discussion about barca,madrid and munich? Shey una no get your thread? Oya make una vamos sharp sharp jare tongue tongue cool cool cool cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2009
All guns blazing for home start

A full house tomorrow can expect the Blues to start their home campaign will all guns blazing.

City chief Mark Hughes is determined that there will be both substance and style on view as his men attempt to build on last term’s superb form at the City of Manchester Stadium.

“Our aim to always play entertaining football; that is how the squad is built and that is what we will be trying to do. We have a lot of quality in the final third and we want to replicate our home form of last season,” he declared

“Wolves are off the mark all ready and their confidence should be high after coming into the Premier League off the back of a great season. Sides new to this league are nearly always more of a threat at the beginning of the season when their confidence is high and has not been pricked somewhat. They will be full of enthusiasm coming here.

“They will not come to us with any apprehension and we will see how they approach it. They could very well get lots of people behind the ball but they could also think ‘let’s be positive and see what happens.”

Hughes will make late checks on Emmanuel Adebayor (groin), Robinho (ankle) Wayne Bridge (hamstring) and Pablo Zabaleta (calf) before the contest but the manager expects them all to be raring to go.

“Emmanuel had a bit of discomfort but we fully expect it to resolve itself and Robi has discomfort just above his ankle and we also fully expect he will be available for selection too,” the manager concluded.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 3:40am On Aug 22, 2009
MAN CITY V WOLVES

Andy Keogh's early header gave Wolves a 1-0 midweek win at the DW Stadium, their first ever victory on the road in the Premier League.

They now travel to big-spending Manchester City who got off to a flying start with a 2-0 win at Blackburn Rovers and then won 1-0 in a friendly at Barcelona in midweek, Martin Petrov scoring the only goal in front of 94,000 fans.

City had the second best home record in the Barclays Premier League last season behind neighbours United while Wolves had the most wins on the road in the Championship.

At Eastlands, Mark Hughes will parade his galaxy of stars for the first time in competitive action as Wolves - buoyed by a morale-boosting win at Wigan in midweek - are the visitors.

There has been scepticism over whether City will have the necessary grit to match their obvious talent this season, but an away win at Blackburn on the opening day owed as much to brawn as it did to guile. It will be with confidence that Hughes sends out his troops on Saturday

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2009
Hadebayor has putted it in hinside di net. 2 goals in 2 shots for Mr Togo.  wink wink

1-0 to the Kings of Manchester. . I wonder how United is faring
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2009
1-0 Adebayor 16'  grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2009
Will robinho score today?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2009
Wenger shld not have sold Adebayor to our opponents. angry
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2009
Oh my Goodness!! Shay Given is one hell of a Goal Keeper

davidylan:

Will robinho score today?

I think he is saving his goals for when we play Arsenal.   tongue
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by khanye(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2009
adebayorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cheesy
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2009
Dunne is useless angry
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2009
biina:

Dunne is useless angry

He was great against Barca though. Today he is an accident waiting very impatiently to happen.

Halftime. 1-0 to Man City.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Phony200(m): 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2009
Dunne had better stay cardless o. He's in my fantasy team. Brother Ade! Two shots two goals in the league so far. He dey try o.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2009
We are being wasteful and it can come back to haunt us. . couple pf wasted chances already in the second half. Wolves have had some good looks coming down our right side. . .
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2009
Keogh off the woodwork for wolves. This is not lookin good. These guys are still in the game and are looking more dangerous by the minute.
Our  attacking players lack chemistry. A lot of misplaced passes, misread runs, badly weighted balls,etc. Hughes need to straighten that shit out.

I think Ireland has been very good though.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2009
Its a good experience. They will learn to be more efficient in front of goal next time.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2009
Good pressure from wolves.Im shaking in my boots.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2009
The quality of their player is too low to execute as needed
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2009
Yeah, they're playing really well they just lack that extra touch of class. . their final balls and shots on goal have been poor. . besides that they've given a good account of themselves.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2009
Game over. 1-0 final score. Another 3 points in he bag but not a convincing display. We should own teams like this at home but they created too much danger, especially late in the game.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2009
Krayola2:

Game over. 1-0 final score. Another 3 points in he bag but not a convincing display. We should own teams like this at home but they created too much danger, especially late in the game.

you guys will soon come crashing down to earth, Adebayor isnt as good as you think and soon as he loses form watch you struggle.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2009
Krayola2:

Oh my Goodness!! Shay Given is one hell of a Goal Keeper

I honestly thot Wenger shld have gone and got Given when he was looking to leave Newcastle, he's far far more assured in goal than Almunia.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2009
They just didnt convert their chances. They had enough clear opportunities to put the game to bed even in the first half.
The key to winning championship is to win even when you play badly. Another 3pts - that is the main story.

Given has to be top 3 GK in the EPL. The guy is amazing. I think his nationality hampered his profile.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2009
davidylan:

you guys will soon come crashing down to earth, Adebayor isnt as good as you think and soon as he loses form watch you struggle.

I'm not expecting any miracles. . .this is a new team and I don't expect them to really gel till around November. As long as we're bagging the points that we should be getting on paper I'm fine for now. . . just as long as I can see signs of improvement from game to game. A Europa league place is great for me, and a CL spot will just be extra. .
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2009
City are delighted to announce that Brazilian left back Sylvinho has joined the club on a year-long contract.

The highly experienced, highly-rated 35-year-old international defender was released at the end of last season by the European Champions.

He has plenty of Premier League experience having made 55 appearances for Arsenal during a two-year stint at Highbury from 1999-2001.

Sylvinho, who will wear the number 16 shirt vacated by Kasper Schmeichel, is seen as the perfect complement to England left back Wayne Bridge.

Twice a Champions League winner, including last season when he played the entire 90 minutes of the 2-0 victory over Manchester United, and the collector of three La Liga titles whilst in Spain, Sylvinho has also played for Celta Vigo and Corinthians in a career that has seen him win six caps for Brazil.

Boss Mark Hughes is hoping that international clearance will arrive in time for his seventh summer signing to be included in the squad for the Carling Cup tie at Crystal Palace on Thursday night.

“Sylvinho has a wealth of experience at the very top level, having represented Brazil and played for some of the very top clubs in Europe,” declared the boss.

“When the chance presented itself to bring him to Manchester City as a free agent I saw it as representing excellent business for us. Sylvinho won the European Cup last season at Barcelona and he will strengthen our defensive options.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good signing. Sylvinho is excellent going forward. Him and Robinho should cause lots of problems on the left. cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Borat1: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
so man city are finally paying attention to the back?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2009
Sylvinho is old.
Is that the best the sheiks could do?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola2(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2009
Sylvinho's old legs were runnin circles around the champions of England at the Cl finals. Show some respect, woman!! cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by nateevs(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2009
Heard Lescott is having a med at citeh today. .
Aw's it gone?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by biina: 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2009
There aren't many qaulity LBs around. Getting Sylvinho is good biz. While he is quite old, he is still a quality backup with plenty of experience from playing in La liga, EPL, and CL. He came on a free and is on a 1yr contract. Along with Garrido, he should provide adequate cover for Wayne Bridge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.