Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) (20528 Views)

PHOTOS: Gov. Ambode Meets Council Of Obas / Saraki Meets The Screened Ambassadorial Nominees (photos) / PHOTOS: Governor Ambode Meets Executives Of Thomson Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by stephanie11: 1:47pm On May 13, 2016
Governor of Lagos, Akinwunmi Ambode, today, welcomed Mr. Hiroyuki Yanagi, CEO Yamaha Motor Corporation and Mr. Richard Bielle, CEO of CFAO to Lagos. The governor met both CEOs at the Grand Opening Ceremony Of CFAO Yamaha Motor Nigeria Ltd Office Premises & Assembly Line in Lagos.

Below is his adress at the event;

I am pleased to be here to celebrate with CFAO Yamaha Motor Nigeria Limited on this occasion of the opening of your office premises, showroom and assembly line.

This collaboration between CFAO of France and Yamaha of Japan to establish this plant is good news for the Lagos economy and a boost to our efforts in bringing investments to the State.

The significance of the location of this assembly line in Lagos is very clear; Lagos State remains the most attractive location, commercially and socially, for investments in Africa. I have come to assure you that you have made the best decision to locate your business here.

About a year, ago when this administration came on board, one of our key objectives was to make Lagos State, a first choice destination for foreign investments. With a population in excess of 21 million, a significant proportion of which comprises of the middle class with strong purchasing power, we are convinced that Lagos State has what every investor desires in investing in any city.

Over 60% of Nigeria’s industrial capacity is located in this State. The CFAO Yamaha assembly plant joins the over 10 assembly plants located in Lagos and we still have capacity for more. Like I have always said, Lagos is open for business and serious investors.
Nigeria receives about $6billion of FDI annually and of this figure Lagos State attracts between 70-80% of the investment. We expect this figure to increase by 50% next year.

To achieve this, the policy thrust of this administration has been built on a tripod of Security, Job opportunities and Infrastructure. We will therefore continue to invest in the critical infrastructure and security to guarantee safety and good returns on investment.

As a government, we will continue to explore ways to create an enabling environment to make your businesses thrive. We are committed to introducing new incentives for businesses in Lagos to enable them grow, support the society and take more of our youths off the streets.

The ease of doing business is of concern to us. As a result, we are working to improve the indices on doing business in Lagos while we continue in our commitment to carry out judicial and security sector reforms.

The significance of today’s event is to showcase partnership across three continents – CFAO from Europe, Yamaha from Asia and Nigeria in Africa.

On behalf of the good people of Lagos State, I welcome Mr. Hiroyuki Yanagi, CEO Yamaha Motor Corporation and Mr. Richard Bielle, CEO of CFAO to Lagos.As we officially open this office premises and assembly line, I congratulate CFAO Yamaha Motor Nigeria Limited on this grand opening and wish you success in your operations.

Thank you for your attention. God bless you all.

Itesiwaju Ipinle Eko, lo jewa l’ogun!!!

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/ambode-welcomes-yamaha-ceo-lagos-photos/

1 Like

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 13, 2016
Yamaha motorcycle undecided

See that Japanese bow sef shocked

Where is the company located? What is the website? Where can one drop CV? How can one contact the local representative for wholesale? Can they produce diesel powered keke-marwa? Can they innovate fuel efficient automobiles? I mean 1 litre for 15KM drive in Lagos.

Anyway, I am listening to Celestine Ukwu's Osondu. Amazing song from the East.

16 Likes

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by spartanobad(m): 2:15pm On May 13, 2016
on top dis high cost of tins
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by lollmaolol(m): 2:15pm On May 13, 2016
thought they manufacture Okada only....?? am I wrong....abi they want to say Motor-Bike?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by sigiyaya(m): 2:16pm On May 13, 2016
This is not what we need in this country
We can do better than this....

Let the FG fund guys from the east

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by onosprince(m): 2:16pm On May 13, 2016
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by jude33084(m): 2:17pm On May 13, 2016
Still selling Okada? shocked

1 Like

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Donshemzy1234: 2:17pm On May 13, 2016
D Japanese man bowed like a cultured Yoruba man

17 Likes

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 13, 2016
lollmaolol:
thought they manufacture Okada only....?? am I wrong....abi they want to say Motor-Bike?

Ow did you know this

Do you ride okada?
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Speakdatruth: 2:18pm On May 13, 2016
see bribing by trick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by haiti007(m): 2:18pm On May 13, 2016
thought there is a ban placed on motorcycle on major way, so why okada investors again naw
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by MrAboki: 2:18pm On May 13, 2016
Lagos.. Doing Big things since 5047

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by nmreports: 2:19pm On May 13, 2016
I am wondering why a CEO would bow in such a way.
Is Ambode a traditional ruler?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Rapsowdee01(m): 2:19pm On May 13, 2016
Too much talk
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Idris222: 2:20pm On May 13, 2016
Sir I hope u no go ban okada again sir grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by crazygod(m): 2:21pm On May 13, 2016
I love the way Asians greet. They bow to honor but in their mind, they are after your money

16 Likes

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by ChappyChase: 2:21pm On May 13, 2016
Okay.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by seunlayi(m): 2:23pm On May 13, 2016
good to hear

1 Like

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by mmsen: 2:24pm On May 13, 2016
sigiyaya:
This is not what we need in this country
We can do better than this....

Let the FG fund guys from the east

You're right that there are people within Nigeria who can manufacturer better, if only they could get the funding but funding is a private sector issue. The federal government needs to get out of the habit of involving itself in business all together. Nigerian banks need to be made to do more to drive the economy forward and lend at reasonable rates to those with real plans.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Ifeconwaba(m): 2:27pm On May 13, 2016
respect
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Agriman(m): 2:28pm On May 13, 2016
shey make I waka cum
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Giyerte(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2016
Those that doesn't like to see good things are coming now.
DECENDANT OF ISRELITE LIVING IN A NO MANS LAND AS THEY CALL LAG.
BUT EYIN TEMI, EDURO DADA O. I REP LASGIDI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Bongiboy83: 2:30pm On May 13, 2016
While the government might eager to buy these equipment, the Lagos State Government should look at a partnership where these companies will share information and educate willing youths on the manufacture, development and repair of these products. People can enroll as engineers, technicians and other various skilled artists along the production line. This will invariably lead to a development of our human capital and improve our overall productivity.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Viktor1983(m): 2:30pm On May 13, 2016
Nice one
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by GaggleNSwallow: 2:30pm On May 13, 2016
See oyinbo man bowing for the oga swagger your ginger 1 of Lagos grin grin
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Pavore9: 2:33pm On May 13, 2016
More revenue loading for Lagos State.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Lawcurrent(m): 2:34pm On May 13, 2016
the guy closer to ambode be like 'Yamaha boss stop bowing you're not here for ministerial work' sad
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 13, 2016
In LAgos is where Igbo people sold their birthright ...tell me what Yamaha, will be doing in Lagos if it were to be in the 1980s.....................................
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by ichommy(m): 2:36pm On May 13, 2016
The CEO Bow.
Re: Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) by larion: 2:37pm On May 13, 2016
Hmmn....I think its now a question of who can snap more photos and who can make more headlines rather than who can affect the gentle man on the streets more and faster.

We see things like these daily, we applaud, we wait, but it doesn't seem to affect the common man on the streets, fast forward to the end of the year, figures and percentages have increased, but check around.....NO IMPACT!

How long do we continue like this?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zainab Ahmed Visits Hameed Ibrahim Ali, Customs Boss (Photos) / Remi Tinubu, Governors’ Wives Move To Address “Japa” Syndrome / APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.